AsiaFinest Forum
Ad: 123Designing.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Light-skinned Color Is A Curse To Some Khmer Folks, Who worship chalky white color?
FKR
post May 23 2004, 12:01 AM
Post #1

AF Addict
Group Icon

Group: Banned

Hello All,

I have something for you all to think about in this post. There are some members of a certain Asian ethnic group (which we all have come to know very intimately) that proudly prefer, admire, or desire chalky white skin over other shade of color. It seems that they ALL are white-color worshippers. We all know what white color means in the war and death though. embarassedlaugh.gif

These abovementioned chalky-white-color worshippers love to compare their "chalky white" skin color with the tan-brown Khmer folks. The tan-brown Khmer folks have an unbelievable patience and let these "chalky white color" worshippers run wild to praise their own chalky complexion.

However, it is a known fact that among the dark/brown/tan Khmer folks, there are also some natural-born milky white Khmer folks. Unlike their naturally tan brown or dark Khmer brothers and sisters, these natural-born milky white Khmer folks are so white as white can ever get that too much sunlight can actually harm them. Viewing from this reality, these milky white Khmer folks see their whiteness as a curse because without dark color, their skin got damaged so easily by the sun.

Obviously, the dark color is a natural protection against the sun to preserve the self from skin cancer. Not just for the skin, the dark color is important to the eyes and the brain as well. For example, if no dark color compound is present in the retina, the fovea of the retina will not develop correctly. This will affect the normal eyesight. Similarly, if the dark color compound is not present in the retina, the nerve connections between the retina and the brain are also altered. The iris of the eyes also need dark color compound to make the iris opaque to light (no light goes through an opaque iris).

The question is if the natural-born milky white Khmer folks consider their milky white complexion a curse, and other white-color worshippers consider chalky white color a luxury, then do you think that those white-color worshippers should worship the natural-born milky white Khmer folks because the milky white Khmer folks are obviously much whiter than those so-called lightskinned people.

What do you all think?

This post has been edited by FKR: May 23 2004, 12:02 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BITCH_ASS_NIGGA
post May 23 2004, 12:27 AM
Post #2

AF Fan
Group Icon

DARK SKIN IS BETTER!!! WELL GOLDEN-BROWN LIKE MY MOOREAN MAIDEN. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Azncrombieguy
post May 23 2004, 02:16 AM
Post #3

AF Addict
Group Icon

Group: Members

caramel color!! very sexy!! i prefer tanned color over the pale, ghost like color..
i don't understand why anyone would want to be pale??

+Quote Post
Menikani
post May 23 2004, 11:24 AM
Post #4

AF Pro
Group Icon

I donít know why some of them worship white skin. There is nothing wrong with being light skinned, but there isnít anything wrong with being dark skin either. Khmer is dark skin or light whatever, but Iím just glad we donít have facial features like Viets.

+Quote Post
NitaKang
post May 23 2004, 11:25 AM
Post #5

AF Elite
Group Icon

Haha, yea just as long as I don't get skin cancer I am happy biggrin.gif.

+Quote Post
AidanW
post May 23 2004, 11:30 AM
Post #6

AF Addict
Group Icon

Yeah, light skin or dark skin doesn't matter at all. It shouldn't! Hey, everybody needs sunshine for Vitamin D or Calcium.heheheh biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
DaiNamViet
post May 23 2004, 11:35 AM
Post #7

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE (AidanW @ May 23 2004, 12:30 PM)
Yeah, light skin or dark skin doesn't matter at all. It shouldn't! Hey, everybody needs sunshine for Vitamin D or Calcium.heheheh biggrin.gif

I get my vitamin D quicker than U guys biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
FKR
post May 23 2004, 11:42 AM
Post #8

AF Addict
Group Icon

Keep them positive comments coming, my Khmer folks. You are the best when you expressed your belief that it doesn't matter whether an individual is "lightskinned or darkskinned". Yeahhhhhhhh I love this expression. I think the Khmer folks are the most neutral fairminded folks in the world. It is no wonder from ancient time to the present, their unique country has always been a place of safety and refuge to foreigners such as the Viets, Thais, Laotians, Chams, Chinese, Indians and so on and so forth.

I wish I would have tan-brown color to save me from the destruction of sunlight.
Milky-White FKR

+Quote Post
AidanW
post May 23 2004, 11:45 AM
Post #9

AF Addict
Group Icon

Is it true that Khmer people who are born near the river and mainly grow fruit are usually white skin? My dad says it's because there are a lot of trees and they mainly stay in the shade. Khmer people that farm or harvest crops usually are in the hot sun. Hardly any shade to screen them! So that's why they tend to have darker skin. FKR, do your parents live near the river? I forgot what they call them in Khmer.

+Quote Post
FKR
post May 23 2004, 12:16 PM
Post #10

AF Addict
Group Icon

AidanW,

Is it true that Khmer people who are born near the river and mainly grow fruit are usually white skin? My dad says it's because there are a lot of trees and they mainly stay in the shade.

It is possible, AidanW. It is a known fact that skin color is just a natural adaptation to the environment to protect the self from destruction of sunlight. It is a scientific fact that light skin and straight hair conserve heat for the body; whereas, dark skin and curly hair let the excess absorbed sunlight escape to preserve the body.

Khmer people that farm or harvest crops usually are in the hot sun. Hardly any shade to screen them! So that's why they tend to have darker skin.

It is so true. Our Khmer folks have been inhabiting the place called the Khmer territories for over thousands of years. Thus, our dark complexion is simply a testament to how successful we have been naturally adapting to the climate.

FKR, do your parents live near the river? I forgot what they call them in Khmer.

Yes, I was told that my family used to have a residence near a river bank. In addition, my family didn't farm, but we produced cash fruits instead. Anyway, I was born naturally milky white due to something else. It is indeed rare to see a milky white Khmer person like me. However, if you see one, please don't be afraid and please accept their uniqueness and tolerate the differences shown among our Khmer folks.

Thank you.
MilkyWhite FKR: I am as white as white can ever get, and I am as Khmer as Khmer can ever be.

This post has been edited by FKR: May 23 2004, 12:18 PM

+Quote Post
RockHeart
post May 23 2004, 02:18 PM
Post #11

AF Guru
Group Icon

Hey! I dislike too dark skin and i dislike very white skin either! But i prefer a brown skin as a colour chocolate... i can tell that the black color skin is very strong protection the cancer symptom from environment or from the sunlight...Its a superpower of skin of human been. The black skins have the complete vitamines inside and very so strong enough to handle. About the white skins are so weak and are not strong enough to duel back the jerms from the earth. Don't have enough vitamine...its so easier to break-down. Especially touching the sunsight is very easier to reflect the skin cancers...

But if the male has a black skin is need to marry with the white female, in order to raice the brown skin children. Don't be black+black=very,too dark black skin child. And don't be white+white=too, very shine, white skin child...Look alike a SnowMan.

Just to be as my Skin is so awesome!!! Thats why so many beautiful gurls hang around with me too much!!! But i don't compromize to anyone yet!!!

RockHeart

+Quote Post
ejay1
post May 23 2004, 03:23 PM
Post #12

AF Pro
Group Icon

How dark are cambodians? I heard that they are the darkest out of all south east asians.

+Quote Post
angkorwat19
post May 23 2004, 03:27 PM
Post #13

AF Addict
Group Icon

^get your filipino a zz out of the khmer section stupid idiot. yes khmer people are dark. feel better? and so are filipinos. i seen a lot of filipinos who look like black people here where i live. you seem to despise people with dark skin. even his own people with dark skin, he doesn't like them either. what a retard.

what's with the topic of light skin dark skin crap? aren't you people tired of this? you guys are friggin obsessed with light skin. you're dark, get over it. majority of khmers are dark, don't think that the dark skin khmers are some outcasts when light skin ones are.

This post has been edited by angkorwat19: May 23 2004, 03:32 PM

+Quote Post
starangels81
post May 23 2004, 03:40 PM
Post #14

AF Pro
Group Icon

it doesn't make any different if you are dark skin or light skin........... we are all beautiful in our own special way. whatever make you feel good about yourself...... you can be dark from the outside, but inside you are a great person.......maybe better than those who are light skin and inside they are cuel and evil. so who care what people say about your skin color, is just what god give you. i'm happy what i got.... dark skin light or light skin, what the h3ll we are all GOD creation. love2.gif

+Quote Post
angkorwat19
post May 23 2004, 03:44 PM
Post #15

AF Addict
Group Icon

^you go girl biggrin.gif i agree with you 100%.

+Quote Post
FKR
post May 23 2004, 03:51 PM
Post #16

AF Addict
Group Icon

I think some so-called light-skinned Viets are "white" on the outside but are completely pitch black inside as displayed by some of them around here. embarassedlaugh.gif

+Quote Post
ejay1
post May 23 2004, 03:53 PM
Post #17

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (angkorwat19 @ May 23 2004, 04:27 PM)
^get your filipino a zz out of the khmer section stupid idiot. yes khmer people are dark. feel better? and so are filipinos. i seen a lot of filipinos who look like black people here where i live. you seem to despise people with dark skin. even his own people with dark skin, he doesn't like them either. what a retard.

what's with the topic of light skin dark skin crap? aren't you people tired of this? you guys are friggin obsessed with light skin. you're dark, get over it. majority of khmers are dark, don't think that the dark skin khmers are some outcasts when light skin ones are.

LOL filipinos aren't as dark as cambodians so unless they were aetas or mixed with aetas then they couldn't be filipinos. You should be proud of your dark skin. icon_wink.gif And I will leave the khmer section sine you asked so nicely. embarassedlaugh.gif

This post has been edited by ejay1: May 23 2004, 03:56 PM

+Quote Post
angkorwat19
post May 23 2004, 03:57 PM
Post #18

AF Addict
Group Icon

^wow good for YOU. who said i wasn't proud of being dark? filipinos are hella dark too. not only that they're dark like charcoal but they dress like black people also. it's ok flip boy, don't be ashamed of those dark skin filipinos. i and most of my fellow khmers are dark but i can't say we're darker than flips because we're not. malays are austronesians and their description is dark brown with coarse wavy hair and full lips. malays are mixed with australoids so don't deny that flips aren't dark. i never seen anybody so obsessed with light skin and hate to see the sight of dark skin people like this guy ejay1. what a retarded b!tch.

+Quote Post
DAI_VIET
post May 23 2004, 04:10 PM
Post #19

AF Elite
Group Icon

<<<yawn>>>

+Quote Post
ejay1
post May 23 2004, 04:32 PM
Post #20

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (angkorwat19 @ May 23 2004, 04:57 PM)
^wow good for YOU. who said i wasn't proud of being dark? filipinos are hella dark too. not only that they're dark like charcoal but they dress like black people also. it's ok flip boy, don't be ashamed of those dark skin filipinos. i and most of my fellow khmers are dark but i can't say we're darker than flips because we're not. malays are austronesians and their description is dark brown with coarse wavy hair and full lips. malays are mixed with australoids so don't deny that flips aren't dark. i never seen anybody so obsessed with light skin and hate to see the sight of dark skin people like this guy ejay1. what a retarded b!tch.

Now I know your not telling the truth when you said that filipinos are darker then cambodians and that filipinos are as dark as charcoal embarassedlaugh.gif . Seriously I am filipino and Im light tanned skin not dark like cambodians. Why are you so angry that your dark did somebody mistake you for an black person embarassedlaugh.gif . You sure have an dirty mouth didn't your vietnamese master teach you any manners.

+Quote Post

14 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2014 - 01:35 AM