AsiaFinest Forum
Ad: 123Designing.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
so you want to know hmong, well, read these.
nraughmoob
post Nov 28 2007, 08:18 AM
Post #61

Group Icon

Group: Members

wow good information... and dang its soo long too...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
population1
post Feb 11 2008, 04:34 PM
Post #62

AF Addict
Group Icon

I've heard something about the earliest hmongs to have an appearance close to white ppl. I think it's a ressessive gene. or malnutrition could've caused it. many says those early hmongs were hunted and killed for their appearances. kind of indefinite to me.

what are the latest movies you can suggest me to watch that closely depicts the movement of the hmong ppl in the past?

+Quote Post
smilejk
post Jun 4 2008, 12:33 PM
Post #63

AF Fan
Group Icon

QUOTE(vanggirlie @ Nov 3 2004, 11:20 AM) [snapback]519210[/snapback]
i think hmong people originated in the Mongolia area because only the hmong and mongolians have kids (from full blooded hmong or mongolian parents) that have non-black hair like brown, red, and blond.

also the fact that we are one of the few asians who don't eat with chopsticks could mean that we originated from somewhere where western and asian culture intermixed.

no i dont believe that hmong people originated from Mongolia. I mean just because the two words sound almost alike doesnt me we're from there! And just because we dont eat with chopsticks doesnt mean we're originated from where western and asian cuture intermixed.-_-...... wat happen if white people started eating with shopsticks, are they originated from china now?..o_O......huh..as far as i knoe, most hmong people use thier fingers to eat.. ^_^ V

+Quote Post
mengthor
post Sep 27 2008, 03:50 PM
Post #64

AF Geek
Group Icon

hmmm.... it might be true, but I also heard that Chiyou doesn't really exist only in chinese myth stories. After that I was curious enough to ever wonder that has anyone ever found the real body of Chiyou or any proof of it's time. Other than that it's always good to hear these.

+Quote Post
kakashiswife
post Sep 27 2008, 04:49 PM
Post #65

AF Geek
Group Icon

QUOTE(mengthor @ Sep 27 2008, 03:50 PM) [snapback]3940091[/snapback]
hmmm.... it might be true, but I also heard that Chiyou doesn't really exist only in chinese myth stories. After that I was curious enough to ever wonder that has anyone ever found the real body of Chiyou or any proof of it's time. Other than that it's always good to hear these.

The thing is it was finally accepted as a myth by the Chinese a couple of years ago. (2 maybe?) Also, it doesn't really matter if his body is found or not, it's really the oral story and myths that matter more IMO. icon_smile.gif It's quite impossible to find a fossilized body of such a specific person in the first place.

icon_smile.gif

+Quote Post
mengthor
post Oct 1 2008, 02:13 AM
Post #66

AF Geek
Group Icon

QUOTE(kakashiswife @ Sep 27 2008, 02:49 PM) [snapback]3940136[/snapback]
The thing is it was finally accepted as a myth by the Chinese a couple of years ago. (2 maybe?) Also, it doesn't really matter if his body is found or not, it's really the oral story and myths that matter more IMO. icon_smile.gif It's quite impossible to find a fossilized body of such a specific person in the first place.

icon_smile.gif

For all i know is that their myth had us (Hmongs) and them (chinese) went to many battles with magic powers in their myth stories. I'm not trying to had on chiyou, but he's still one of my favorite hmong leaders. He's actually my number one favorite. i heard that the koreans are descents of chiyou, but not sure. they have history with him. they are also followers of Chiyou. my korean friend refers to him as Chiwoo though. same guy. to me there has to be at least something of what's left by that time like artifacts, bodies, jewelry, and etc. yeah especially etc. lol biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
lilasiankid
post Mar 18 2009, 02:52 PM
Post #67

AF Supreme
Group Icon

Thanks for the info

+Quote Post
lengchai
post May 29 2009, 09:34 PM
Post #68

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (CoDep @ Nov 27 2005, 06:39 PM) *
I would read the origine of the H'Mong later, for it's too long.

In Vietnam, the H'Mong are known as "Cat people" who live in highest lands,
growing Corn and Opium (now heroin).

Cat people. LMFAO!!! Is that why Hmongs were called "meo"? haha

+Quote Post
butt3rfli3z
post Jun 16 2009, 12:48 AM
Post #69

AF Geek
Group Icon

QUOTE (lengchai @ May 29 2009, 07:34 PM) *
Cat people. LMFAO!!! Is that why Hmongs were called "meo"? haha

CAT people. ROFL!!! xD This is the reason why the the Hmong did not want to be call Miao.

That's the past. If people still assume Miao are cats, they're wrong. Period.

+Quote Post
lilasiankid
post Jun 17 2009, 07:27 AM
Post #70

AF Supreme
Group Icon

QUOTE (butt3rfli3z @ Jun 16 2009, 12:48 AM) *
CAT people. ROFL!!! xD This is the reason why the the Hmong did not want to be call Miao.

The word "MEO" in Thai/Lao for Hmong was derived from the Chinese term "Miao". But in the Thai and Lao language it is VERY similar in sounding to the word "cat" which is also pronounced "MEO". So it has been used in a derogatory manner in the past. That is why we Hmong hate the term when we hear it.

In Chinese it is more neutral. It sounds nothing like their word for "Cat". Miao = Mao. Different pronounciation, different tones.

+Quote Post
phucfaze
post Aug 7 2009, 07:58 PM
Post #71

AF Geek
Group Icon

QUOTE (butt3rfli3z @ Jun 16 2009, 12:48 AM) *

QUOTE (lilasiankid @ Jun 17 2009, 07:27 AM) *
The word "MEO" in Thai/Lao for Hmong was derived from the Chinese term "Miao". But in the Thai and Lao language it is VERY similar in sounding to the word "cat" which is also pronounced "MEO". So it has been used in a derogatory manner in the past. That is why we Hmong hate the term when we hear it.

In Chinese it is more neutral. It sounds nothing like their word for "Cat". Miao = Mao. Different pronounciation, different tones.

Oh! Do you two know Chinese too? eek.gif

+Quote Post
YoungbloodRevolu...
post Oct 10 2010, 11:57 AM
Post #72

AF Fan
Group Icon

Chiyou? Losing wars to the foreigners? How do you know this even occured? Do you have fossil evidence or historical evidence?

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st July 2015 - 05:08 PM