AsiaFinest Forum
Ad: 123Designing.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
inferiority complex among americanised desis.
jatt_with_gutts
post Feb 18 2007, 06:23 AM
Post #1

AF Addict
Group Icon

Group: Banned

i tried to read the minds of some of some of the posters here and found out most of ABCDs here are full of inferiority complexes.

my observations regarding some posters here.

1) most are self haitng desis think indian culture is inferior and try to act like whites cause they are role model for them. icon_confused.gif

2) they dont know their own language and proud of the fact that, how their parents are so westernised that they didnt felt any need to teach them their mother tounge and allow them to go out with anyone and dont care about indian values.

3) they think if they do $hitty things in front of elders that would mean they are more librated.

4) they think arrainged marraiges are no good even though success rate of arrainged marraiges is better.

5) they think proud punjabis like me are bad and someone shameless like deeme who is most probably rejected by punjabi guys for being ugly are better.

............i will continue with my observations later on .

y, y , y u guys are not proud of being indian. no one will respect you self hating desis if you wont respect yourself

only gomeny is a bit differnt. at least he is proud
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
zodiacgrl89
post Feb 18 2007, 07:44 AM
Post #2

AF Addict
Group Icon

Group: Members

I like to think of myself as an American Born Cultured Desi

+Quote Post
Love*3
post Feb 18 2007, 10:07 AM
Post #3

AF Addict
Group Icon

^^LOL

+Quote Post
ExpressYourself
post Feb 18 2007, 01:41 PM
Post #4

AF Elite
Group Icon

I was born in the Phillipines and came to America when I was 1. I'm not an ABCD.

+Quote Post
gomeny
post Feb 18 2007, 02:25 PM
Post #5

AF Pro
Group Icon

I really enjoyed this jatts. Your really bringing the fire on this one.

+Quote Post
ExpressYourself
post Feb 18 2007, 05:27 PM
Post #6

AF Elite
Group Icon

QUOTE(jatt_with_gutts @ Feb 18 2007, 07:23 AM) [snapback]2733684[/snapback]

i tried to read the minds of some of some of the posters here and found out most of ABCDs here are full of inferiority complexes.

my observations regarding some posters here.

1) most are self haitng desis think indian culture is inferior and try to act like whites cause they are role model for them. icon_confused.gif

2) they dont know their own language and proud of the fact that, how their parents are so westernised that they didnt felt any need to teach them their mother tounge and allow them to go out with anyone and dont care about indian values.

3) they think if they do $hitty things in front of elders that would mean they are more librated.

4) they think arrainged marraiges are no good even though success rate of arrainged marraiges is better.

5) they think proud punjabis like me are bad and someone shameless like deeme who is most probably rejected by punjabi guys for being ugly are better.
............i will continue with my observations later on .
y, y , y u guys are not proud of being indian. no one will respect you self hating desis if you wont respect yourself

only gomeny is a bit differnt. at least he is proud

Define "acting white."

+Quote Post
deeme2000
post Feb 18 2007, 07:16 PM
Post #7

AF Addict
Group Icon

I can't even hate you... really just feel sorry for you...

oh and your 'observations' into other poster's thoughts are a joke at best.

and your zinger towards me...wow...very well thought out...took you all weekend to come up with that?

This post has been edited by deeme2000: Feb 18 2007, 07:25 PM

+Quote Post
ExpressYourself
post Feb 18 2007, 07:59 PM
Post #8

AF Elite
Group Icon

Isn't Deeme's bf Hindu? Some Trini Hindus do trace their roots to Punjab, and other places in India as well.

+Quote Post
deeme2000
post Feb 18 2007, 08:03 PM
Post #9

AF Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE(ExpressYourself @ Feb 18 2007, 07:59 PM) [snapback]2734933[/snapback]

Isn't Deeme's bf Hindu? Some Trini Hindus do trace their roots to Punjab, and other places in India as well.

that would require some real insight and thought on his part and that's giving him a lot more credit than he's displayed through his postings here

This post has been edited by deeme2000: Feb 18 2007, 08:03 PM

+Quote Post
jiggyiggy
post Feb 18 2007, 09:11 PM
Post #10

AF Elite
Group Icon

BWAHAHHAA, yeah inferioty complexes.

pretty ironic since jatt and gom are the two guys who go out of their way to seperate themselves from other Indians. If going head over heels to say you are seperate from other Indians, getting genetic tests to prove your aren't Indian, and wanting to kill your bride if she isn't a virgin are marks of a true Indian then I guess you could count me out.

If not thinking you are somehow better than anyone else on this earth is a sign of an inferioty complex, then I'm guilty as charged! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
nimbus
post Feb 18 2007, 09:20 PM
Post #11

AF Fiend
Group Icon

his views are so typical of what indians in india think of indians in america...look at all the bollywood movies about the life of abcd's in america...their depiction of abcd's is so overly generalized it's pathetic.

while SOME indians in america may behave the way jatt assumes, the majority of us do not...yes, i was born in america, but i do know my culture, my mother tongue, among other indian languages, and do not try to "act white." like, express yourself said, what is acting white anyway? why cant we be indian and american? or do we have to act like bollywood film stars to be considered indian?

my cousins in india are way more liberal than anyone of my cousins here. idk, the moment someone in india knows that u are from america, their attitude towards you completely changes, and then comes all the stereotypes that are always negative.

and the term abcd is absolutely retarded.

+Quote Post
ExpressYourself
post Feb 18 2007, 10:01 PM
Post #12

AF Elite
Group Icon

QUOTE(nimbus @ Feb 18 2007, 10:20 PM) [snapback]2735080[/snapback]
and the term abcd is absolutely retarded.

True that. I love the look on people's faces when I tell them that I was born in the Phillippines. Why do people assume that if you're not born in America, you must be born in India? If you're not born in India, you must be born in America. embarassedlaugh.gif

This post has been edited by ExpressYourself: Feb 18 2007, 10:19 PM

+Quote Post
kkdkckrl
post Feb 18 2007, 10:40 PM
Post #13

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE(ExpressYourself @ Feb 18 2007, 10:01 PM) [snapback]2735172[/snapback]

True that. I love the look on people's faces when I tell them that I was born in the Phillippines. Why do people assume that if you're not born in America, you must be born in India? If you're not born in India, you must be born in America. embarassedlaugh.gif

You were born in Philippines? Why? How the hell did u end up there?

+Quote Post
ExpressYourself
post Feb 18 2007, 10:48 PM
Post #14

AF Elite
Group Icon

QUOTE(kkdkckrl @ Feb 18 2007, 11:40 PM) [snapback]2735250[/snapback]

You were born in Philippines? Why? How the hell did u end up there?

Uh! See, this is what I mean. embarassedlaugh.gif Why do people act so surprised? There is a huge Indian community living in the Philippines, and back then...a lot of engineers from America (like the dad) were being sent to work there in a Manila base.

I got fed up with telling others this though, because they

1) Think I'm lying

2) Ask too many questions

3) Get confused that I'm not really Indian or think that I'm half-Philippino.

4) It's tiring explaining to people why I was born in the Philippines

I only tell my close friends where I was born now...not in everyday conversation.

This post has been edited by ExpressYourself: Feb 18 2007, 10:49 PM

+Quote Post
rahul1000
post Feb 18 2007, 10:49 PM
Post #15

AF Guru
Group Icon

A bunch of Americanised desis I've seen unfortunately have been supreme, arrogant assholes, always focusing on grades, they compare each other's worth based on their GPA, at least from some I know, there are many that are very cool though and the best people I've gotten to know.

+Quote Post
ExpressYourself
post Feb 18 2007, 10:50 PM
Post #16

AF Elite
Group Icon

QUOTE(rahul1000 @ Feb 18 2007, 11:49 PM) [snapback]2735277[/snapback]

A bunch of Americanised desis I've seen unfortunately have been supreme, arrogant assholes, always focusing on grades, they compare each other's worth based on their GPA, at least from some I know, there are many that are very cool though and the best people I've gotten to know.

Where are all these guys that strive to make good grades? I keep meeting Desi males that are just really lazy, don't care about making good grades or working hard, don't care about graduating on time, etc

This post has been edited by ExpressYourself: Feb 18 2007, 10:51 PM

+Quote Post
kkdkckrl
post Feb 18 2007, 11:08 PM
Post #17

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE(rahul1000 @ Feb 18 2007, 10:49 PM) [snapback]2735277[/snapback]

I have never seen an Indian that talks about GPA (maybe its different when ur in high school I guess), I mean seriously I don't see ppl going crazy over GPA in colleges!

So....ExpressYourself.............Please indulge us with ur Philippine saga!

So, u were born there eh? When u said base in manila? Does that mean ur dad worked as a contractor / engineer for US military, so got sent down there (along with the family), and you were born in Philippines!

+Quote Post
gomeny
post Feb 18 2007, 11:11 PM
Post #18

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE(jiggyiggy @ Feb 18 2007, 07:11 PM) [snapback]2735060[/snapback]

BWAHAHHAA, yeah inferioty complexes.

pretty ironic since jatt and gom are the two guys who go out of their way to seperate themselves from other Indians. If going head over heels to say you are seperate from other Indians, getting genetic tests to prove your aren't Indian, and wanting to kill your bride if she isn't a virgin are marks of a true Indian then I guess you could count me out.

If not thinking you are somehow better than anyone else on this earth is a sign of an inferioty complex, then I'm guilty as charged! biggrin.gif

I guess the thousands of people who participated in the National Geographic/IBM genographic tests are bunch racists as well???

Do you also contempt for whites from Southeast America?

Yes I have pride in my lineage and my community. Why are only North Indians allowed to revel in there culture?

+Quote Post
ExpressYourself
post Feb 18 2007, 11:21 PM
Post #19

AF Elite
Group Icon

QUOTE(kkdkckrl @ Feb 19 2007, 12:08 AM) [snapback]2735324[/snapback]

I have never seen an Indian that talks about GPA (maybe its different when ur in high school I guess), I mean seriously I don't see ppl going crazy over GPA in colleges!
So....ExpressYourself.............Please indulge us with ur Philippine saga!

So, u were born there eh? When u said base in manila? Does that mean ur dad worked as a contractor / engineer for US military, so got sent down there (along with the family), and you were born in Philippines!

I think it was a nuclear power plant. I don't remember. That's where my mom met Shatrugun Sinha too, because his bhabi lived in the Philippines.

This post has been edited by ExpressYourself: Feb 19 2007, 12:03 AM

+Quote Post
-=(-_-)=- HI-hit
post Feb 19 2007, 01:47 AM
Post #20

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE(ExpressYourself @ Feb 19 2007, 02:48 PM) [snapback]2735273[/snapback]

Uh! See, this is what I mean. embarassedlaugh.gif Why do people act so surprised? There is a huge Indian community living in the Philippines, and back then...a lot of engineers from America (like the dad) were being sent to work there in a Manila base.

I got fed up with telling others this though, because they

1) Think I'm lying

3) Get confused that I'm not really Indian or think that I'm half-Philippino.

4) It's tiring explaining to people why I was born in the Philippines
I only tell my close friends where I was born now...not in everyday conversation.

yeh my cousins are like that *i* didn't even know they were born Egypt until ages, we moved there cus our parents jobs except i was born in india a month earlier so i can say was born in India yay

This post has been edited by -=(-_-)=- HI-hit: Feb 19 2007, 02:27 AM

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 06:44 AM