sks88
post Jan 29 2009, 01:33 AM
Post #41

AF Pro
Group Icon

Group: Members

QUOTE(HapaGirl @ Jan 29 2009, 12:21 AM) [snapback]4106545[/snapback]
i live in the middle of no where...lol.
im not kidding. my neighbors are cows...im surrounded my cow fields.
my dad drives like an hour to work every morning.

ok..well... duh2.gif

badteeth.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ANNIGMA4U
post Jan 29 2009, 05:33 AM
Post #42

Group Icon

Not accusing anyone of using race to blame anyone for anything and I agree with much of what is said here but it just makes me wonder, if America is so "white" and racist, how is it that there is a Black President (and before that I wondered uber-successful blacks in the 'white world' as well such as Oprah, hate to say it- Michael, etc) where success has a lot to do with who is buying, voting or tuning into your material? Perhaps some attempted conspiracy by the white community......???lolz

This post has been edited by ANNIGMA4U: Jan 29 2009, 05:34 AM

+Quote Post
HapaGirl
post Jan 29 2009, 05:35 AM
Post #43

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE(ANNIGMA4U @ Jan 29 2009, 05:33 AM) [snapback]4106862[/snapback]
Not accusing anyone of using race to blame anyone for anything and I agree with much of what is said here but it just makes me wonder, if America is so "white" and racist, how is it that there is a Black President (and before that I wondered uber-successful blacks in the 'white world' as well such as Oprah, hate to say it- Michael, etc) where success has a lot to do with who is buying, voting or tuning into your material? Perhaps some attempted conspiracy by the white community......???lolz

you've obviously never lived in a small all white town like i do...

+Quote Post
Alexa
post Jan 29 2009, 05:58 AM
Post #44

AF Elite
Group Icon

^Any isolated community is going to have that problem though, irregardless of race.

+Quote Post
ktchong
post Jan 29 2009, 06:14 AM
Post #45

AF Elite
Group Icon

QUOTE(ANNIGMA4U @ Jan 29 2009, 02:33 AM) [snapback]4106862[/snapback]

In case you did not paid close attention to the election results, the majority of the Midwest and all of the conservative Southern states did not vote for Obama.

Obama won the election by capturing all of the "liberal" states and "swing" (i.e., moderate) states.

White racism in America is distributed according to geography.

The Midwest and Southern states remained to be racist -- they certainly did not vote for a Black man to be their president. The White people living in those places remain to be the racists as they are.

It's the other more open-minded states, the liberal and moderate states, that put Obama into the White house.

This post has been edited by ktchong: Jan 29 2009, 06:15 AM

+Quote Post
HapaGirl
post Jan 29 2009, 06:17 AM
Post #46

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE(ktchong @ Jan 29 2009, 06:14 AM) [snapback]4106908[/snapback]
The Midwest and Southern states remained to be racist -- they certainly did not vote for a Black man to be their president. The White people living in those places remain to be the racists as they are.

It's the other more open-minded states, the liberal and moderate states, that put Obama into the White house.

just to let you know, not everyone voted against him because he was black.
My family voted for McCain/Palin because they better represented what we believe. (but is should of voted for Ron Paul)

also, LOTS of people voted for him just because he was black.
whats that say about those people?

+Quote Post
hyder13
post Jan 29 2009, 01:33 PM
Post #47

AF Fiend
Group Icon

QUOTE(HapaGirl @ Jan 29 2009, 06:17 AM) [snapback]4106912[/snapback]
just to let you know, not everyone voted against him because he was black.
My family voted for McCain/Palin because they better represented what we believe. (but is should of voted for Ron Paul)

also, LOTS of people voted for him just because he was black.
whats that say about those people?

Obama got 98 percent of the black vote. Thats what obviously put him over the top and won him the election. By winning almost ALL of 14 percent of the population's vote, Obama has a HUGE advantage. I think Obama only won like 39 percent of the white vote... while asians were pretty evenly split between the two candidates

+Quote Post
sks88
post Jan 29 2009, 03:33 PM
Post #48

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE(hyder13 @ Jan 29 2009, 12:33 PM) [snapback]4107179[/snapback]
Obama got 98 percent of the black vote. Thats what obviously put him over the top and won him the election. By winning almost ALL of 14 percent of the population's vote, Obama has a HUGE advantage. I think Obama only won like 39 percent of the white vote... while asians were pretty evenly split between the two candidates

I didn't vote last year. I didn't like the Obama mania...and feel like the election was some type of popularity contest.
I'll vote for Sarah palin for 2012.

+Quote Post
AsiaticGlory
post May 15 2011, 08:47 PM
Post #49

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (KoreanaHoosierHahkseng @ Aug 21 2007, 09:03 PM) *
I never knew that the locals in the midwest could be so anti-social towards minority people. I don't know if each midwestern states differ in terms of hospitality. But I'm a current grad student at Indiana Univ., and the white students are not only the majority of my class, but a good handful of them don't even socialize with minorities, and many don't even say hi to me. Indiana is supposingly supposed to be a "hospitable" place in the midwest. My foot.

During lunchtime, the white students just sit with each other at tables and chat. When I sit with them, some of them say hi, but the others just carry on with their conversation. When i ask some of them a question, such as how was their day, or how was the exam we took yesterday, they would not answer me.

So I usually hang out only with the small pinch-full of Asian students in my program, along with a few white students who don't mind interacting with minority students.

Heck, even this black Jamaican foreign student seems to get left out of the group he's working with. We have lab sessions where the instructor, or somebody, grouped students randomly together.
Whenever we work on a project, it seems that the white students do most of the work, and us minority students just have to stand on the side.

So I got upset, and sent all my group members email about how horrible their attitudes are, and how they shouldn't discriminate against me. I warned them that I will go to the dean if this behavior continues. The other Asian buddies of mine, and that Jamaican student, don't really care much about being "on the sideline." But for me, I just can't stand the anti-social behavior white midwestern people have towards us Asians and other minorities. Just my rant of the day.

Welcome to the real world. You should just move to a place with more Asians. If you think that was bad, wait until America becomes a poor country. Then you will experience something that would make what you described above look like paradise.

+Quote Post
population1
post May 20 2011, 01:15 PM
Post #50

AF Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE (KoreanaHoosierHahkseng @ Aug 21 2007, 09:03 PM) *
I never knew that the locals in the midwest could be so anti-social towards minority people. I don't know if each midwestern states differ in terms of hospitality. But I'm a current grad student at Indiana Univ., and the white students are not only the majority of my class, but a good handful of them don't even socialize with minorities, and many don't even say hi to me. Indiana is supposingly supposed to be a "hospitable" place in the midwest. My foot.

During lunchtime, the white students just sit with each other at tables and chat. When I sit with them, some of them say hi, but the others just carry on with their conversation. When i ask some of them a question, such as how was their day, or how was the exam we took yesterday, they would not answer me.

So I usually hang out only with the small pinch-full of Asian students in my program, along with a few white students who don't mind interacting with minority students.

Heck, even this black Jamaican foreign student seems to get left out of the group he's working with. We have lab sessions where the instructor, or somebody, grouped students randomly together.
Whenever we work on a project, it seems that the white students do most of the work, and us minority students just have to stand on the side.

So I got upset, and sent all my group members email about how horrible their attitudes are, and how they shouldn't discriminate against me. I warned them that I will go to the dean if this behavior continues. The other Asian buddies of mine, and that Jamaican student, don't really care much about being "on the sideline." But for me, I just can't stand the anti-social behavior white midwestern people have towards us Asians and other minorities. Just my rant of the day.

very true. it gets worse in smaller cities/town. most noticeably the upper midwest region -- the whites are very of void and they usually put on a fending attitude. my own experiences in college was unlikable also. whites tend to look at Asians like we are kids and nothing more, and in many of my groups in collegiate projects were all whites where I received little to no credit and zero acknowledgment for the good work and effort I put in -- there were also very little communication from their part and usually they will go in details within their own people, even when I'm in the same group as them! they disregard most of my opinions and advices and make conclusions on their own. it's very belittling and that's exactly the view they have of us -- thinking we have very little worth to add to the group.

This post has been edited by population1: May 20 2011, 01:34 PM

+Quote Post
txoomsuab2
post Jun 5 2011, 04:46 AM
Post #51

AF Pro
Group Icon

i feel sorry and bad for you but thank god i live in a asian filled community in California, whoot whoot California my love, so much diversity although i would love to have african immigrants, we only have the muslim ones in our community, i want more diversity in my town although it already is a melting pot I'd like to see the outcome of it

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 04:48 AM