Closed TopicStart new topic
Filipino stereotypes?
Athrun340
post Sep 13 2007, 03:05 PM
Post #1

AF Fan
Group Icon

Group: Members

can someone give me some stereotypes about Filipinos? btw it has to be negative cuz I have to prove it wrong..

ty
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hi Tone
post Sep 13 2007, 04:36 PM
Post #2

AF Pro
Group Icon

they make stupid topics like this one

+Quote Post
Athrun340
post Sep 13 2007, 04:37 PM
Post #3

AF Fan
Group Icon

QUOTE(Hi Tone @ Sep 13 2007, 04:36 PM) [snapback]3206138[/snapback]

..and that makes you stupid for responding to this stupid thread.

seriously, if you dont have anything good to say then stfu.

Im asking for help not some smarta** comments.

+Quote Post
tengkuafif
post Sep 13 2007, 06:19 PM
Post #4

AF Guru
Group Icon

They say they are mixed.

+Quote Post
*promo
post Sep 13 2007, 06:41 PM
Post #5

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE(Athrun340 @ Sep 13 2007, 01:05 PM) [snapback]3206029[/snapback]
can someone give me some stereotypes about Filipinos? btw it has to be negative cuz I have to prove it wrong..
ty

QUOTE(Athrun340 @ Sep 13 2007, 02:37 PM) [snapback]3206140[/snapback]
..and that makes you stupid for responding to this stupid thread.
seriously, if you dont have anything good to say then stfu.Im asking for help not some smarta** comments.

OK?! confused.gif

whatever since your asking for it...filipinos are lazy, dumb, unnationalist. the girls are whores and the guys sleep around. filipinos want to leave the RP but then others want to live there. filipinos are the mexican and N*ggas of asia. filipinos are sellouts. filipinos think that they are white, black, chinese, mexican, and spanish...anything but who they really should be just to get to hump the legs of the elite. lets see they b!tch and whine but are too lazy to do anything about it.

and BTW his comment is perfect.

+Quote Post
Barilin-Kita
post Sep 13 2007, 07:05 PM
Post #6

AF Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE(*promo @ Sep 13 2007, 11:41 PM) [snapback]3206388[/snapback]
OK?! confused.gif

whatever since your asking for it...filipinos are lazy, dumb, unnationalist. the girls are whores and the guys sleep around. filipinos want to leave the RP but then others want to live there. filipinos are the mexican and N*ggas of asia. filipinos are sellouts. filipinos think that they are white, black, chinese, mexican, and spanish...anything but who they really should be just to get to hump the legs of the elite. lets see they b!tch and whine but are too lazy to do anything about it.
and BTW his comment is perfect.

Perfect!! beerchug.gif

Couldnt put that better myself.

Also id like to add, if ya really wanted to play the hero and set the world straight then i would have posted this rediculous thread in the "Lounge"

+Quote Post
Athrun340
post Sep 13 2007, 07:38 PM
Post #7

AF Fan
Group Icon

its topic for an essay. ok? not a thread to degrade the Filipinos or should I SAY MY RACE?.. tsk tsk stop overreacting people

now back to topic.. dont we always hear that "Filipinos are hardworker," Filipinos are hospitable" etc etc .. how am i supposed to prove that wrong? am i gonna say oh no we're not hardworker .. oh no we're not hospitable blah blah .. Im just asking if you guys know anything negative sterotypes that people say about us.

thats all.

+Quote Post
FreshPrinceCool
post Sep 13 2007, 07:58 PM
Post #8

AF Fan
Group Icon

I heard alot of Filipinos are gay.

+Quote Post
*promo
post Sep 13 2007, 08:03 PM
Post #9

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE(Athrun340 @ Sep 13 2007, 05:38 PM) [snapback]3206564[/snapback]
its topic for an essay. ok? not a thread to degrade the Filipinos or should I SAY MY RACE?.. tsk tsk stop overreacting people

now back to topic.. dont we always hear that "Filipinos are hardworker," Filipinos are hospitable" etc etc .. how am i supposed to prove that wrong? am i gonna say oh no we're not hardworker .. oh no we're not hospitable blah blah .. Im just asking if you guys know anything negative sterotypes that people say about us.

thats all.

you should have said that instead leaving that out. and ehy this topic there plenty of topics that can be more creditable to your education.

yes filipinos are hardworkers, and hospitable but didn't you say "btw it has to be negative cuz I have to prove it wrong.. "

well? prove me wrong then.

+Quote Post
ham_let
post Sep 13 2007, 09:54 PM
Post #10

AF Legend
Group Icon

Group: AF Forum Police

What kind of teacher would make you choose something bad about your nationality for a thesis in an argumentative essay?

Horrible.

Just use "Asians can't drive"

+Quote Post
MommyStatus
post Sep 13 2007, 10:01 PM
Post #11

AF Addict
Group Icon

FILIPINOS ARE NOT ASIANS, THEY ARE PACIFIC ISLANDERS

WTF who made up that $hit!!

+Quote Post
calliezhou
post Sep 13 2007, 11:00 PM
Post #12

AF Pro
Group Icon

filipinos are always late (tardy)
filipinos = maids / domestic helpers

go ahead prove them wrong! biggthumpup.gif

+Quote Post
*promo
post Sep 14 2007, 12:17 AM
Post #13

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE(MommyStatus @ Sep 13 2007, 08:01 PM) [snapback]3206843[/snapback]

FILIPINOS...

+Quote Post
ToTiKaG
post Sep 14 2007, 12:24 AM
Post #14

AF Pro
Group Icon

pinoys procastinate

crab mentality

+Quote Post
calliezhou
post Sep 14 2007, 01:46 AM
Post #15

AF Pro
Group Icon

pinoys are poor they eat pets...

+Quote Post
raiderz
post Sep 14 2007, 02:13 AM
Post #16

AF Fan
Group Icon

QUOTE(ham_let @ Sep 13 2007, 09:54 PM) [snapback]3206833[/snapback]
What kind of teacher would make you choose something bad about your nationality for a thesis in an argumentative essay?

Horrible.

Just use "Asians can't drive"

That's why I stopped visiting this forum a long time ago because of a lot of uneducated threads like this one, the anti-Filipino flame wars, and the trolls like the thread starter. Kermit Criminal is still around but I see a lot of older good members like Horitaka, Tak Tak boy, Cristiano_Ronaldo no longer post here obviously!

This post has been edited by raiderz: Sep 14 2007, 02:15 AM

+Quote Post
raiderz
post Sep 14 2007, 02:20 AM
Post #17

AF Fan
Group Icon

QUOTE(MommyStatus @ Sep 13 2007, 10:01 PM) [snapback]3206843[/snapback]

QUOTE(*promo @ Sep 14 2007, 12:17 AM) [snapback]3207072[/snapback]

FILIPINOS...

Young Filipino-Americans living in California, Washington state, and the pineapple picking sellouts in Hawaii came up with that. icon_rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by raiderz: Sep 14 2007, 03:36 AM

+Quote Post
*promo
post Sep 14 2007, 12:26 PM
Post #18

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE(raiderz @ Sep 14 2007, 12:20 AM) [snapback]3207288[/snapback]
Young Filipino-Americans living in California, Washington state, and the pineapple picking sellouts in Hawaii came up with that. icon_rolleyes.gif

yes due to filipino parents neglacting their heritage. wanting to be something else other then who they are. its funny how many chinese-filipino friend i have that is full blooded chinese that came from Philippines. they scream i'm filipino like its bloody murder...and that here cali.

+Quote Post
Barilin-Kita
post Sep 14 2007, 01:59 PM
Post #19

AF Addict
Group Icon

I guess its almost unanimous that theres a few lost generations, and i dont really see any point in beating round the bushes so the dilema now should be, "How to stop the rot?".

I thought about perhaps having an all Asian school, exclusively for Asian children here in the states but it looks like other Asians are either against it for reason that i think are weak and self hating, perhaps i should narrow the spectrum a bit and limit to Filipino kids school only.

Being a parent to two young Filipino boys with +1 girl soon sometime in December, its alarming to have gone through the hardships when i was at school and the lack of acknowledgment of this kind of problem with my own parents. I dont desire to repeat the same thing over with my own kids.

As a parent, i think its important to instill MORE of the Filipino pride in them whilst they are still young and how they dont buckle to peer pressure to be anything else than what they already are. My kids also know how to speak tagalog although not very fluent because they have to deal with an english speaking school and society, i think its only normal for them to sound like they have some speech dificulty.
And im very upfront with it at one of my boys school, when i told the principle that english is not his first language and asked her if it'll be a problem, she answered no, and so thats that. Should anyone ask me why my boy speaks with a funny accent, i tell them straight.
I think its safe to say that he will eventually learn to adapt as i did when i was a child who originally came from the Philippines and went abroad at 5 yrs of age.

With so many Filipino families here in Socal, being a parent, also having my own manpower recruitment company, perhaps i can work or do something that can stop the rot??

Perhaps an Idea of a Filipino school which works in conjunction to the national school curriculum and give Filipino lessons as an after subject, my idea comes from those schools for jewish kids and then you have an all exclusive black kids only school which i seen on tv and did some research on??

Ofcourse this is not going to be an easy task in persuading Filipino parents knowing how weak they are when it comes to sticking out rather than just be a part of the crowd "so to speak" and then there numerous amounts of research stemming from a good area, Investors, getting qualified Filipino teachers?

Im looking at this as an oppurtunity to claim back some Filipino pride in the next upcoming generations of Filipino kids.

I dont know about you guys but im sick and tired of the mould Filipinos have got themselves in.

This post has been edited by Barilin-Kita: Sep 14 2007, 02:03 PM

+Quote Post
krom
post Sep 14 2007, 02:06 PM
Post #20

AF Geek
Group Icon

QUOTE(MommyStatus @ Sep 13 2007, 10:01 PM) [snapback]3206843[/snapback]

Filipinos are asians. But apart from that, pacific islanders are asian, too.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st November 2014 - 07:12 AM