AsiaFinest Forum
Ad: 123Designing.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
Korean Girls Insecure Or Just Good Looking?
chynagongju
post Aug 1 2004, 05:05 PM
Post #21

AF Supreme
Group Icon

Group: Members

QUOTE (AzNfly @ Jul 27 2004, 10:17 PM)
no nation is better looking than another.....every country has its good and bad

I completely agree. beerchug.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
a11ofme
post Aug 1 2004, 07:08 PM
Post #22

Group Icon

Group: Banned

QUOTE (kim3000000 @ Jul 27 2004, 03:08 PM)
Korean girls too me seem the best looking girls in asia

they seem to have more natural good looking features

however one may argue they have the highest number of plastic surgeries

I feel that korean women are more obssessed with their looks than the average white women and are less insecure
I want ur ideas on this

whoa U retard. how can U say on average a person is MORE obssessed about one's looks and be MORE SECURE as supposed to a person who is not obssessed about their looks!!!??!?!?! common sense is a must....

+Quote Post
vi3tlamgurl
post Aug 1 2004, 09:54 PM
Post #23

AF Geek
Group Icon

QUOTE (chynagongju @ Aug 1 2004, 06:05 PM)
QUOTE (AzNfly @ Jul 27 2004, 10:17 PM)
no nation is better looking than another.....every country has its good and bad

I completely agree. beerchug.gif

i agree..its true..EVERY country has there bads and goods

no offesnese or anything..but in my opinion hyori isnt like the "sexiest" asian there is out there. she has a good body, average height and ok boob size..look around and you will see many girls with those features.. she just looks like any other good lookin girl out there..i think people are jsut atracted to her sexuality behavior..its just liek britney spears..guys are attracted to her sexy appearence...does anybody understand what im sayin?..im dissing hyori..i think shes ok and her songs arent that bad(but maybe her singin skills)

+Quote Post
eternalsy
post Aug 1 2004, 11:05 PM
Post #24

Group Icon

Well, I'll have to agree with the others who say all countries have their good and bad. Although, you are right about Korean girls being very concerned about their appearance. I'm Korean myself, and I tend to be very picky about how I look. From what I know, Koreans aren't only obsessed about their looks, but also about how other people think of them. Americans don't tend to worry about what others think; for example, American celebrities date and do whatever they want in the public but Korean celebrities are extremely secretive about their social status for fear of losing fans. This is kind of off topic, but I just thought I'd mention that because it kind of bugs me about how they care so much about what others think of them. Sometimes I wish we Koreans would just do whatever we want, and not care about what others think.

+Quote Post
Hunter
post Aug 1 2004, 11:13 PM
Post #25

AF Geek
Group Icon

There is too much competition in Korean society.

+Quote Post
SkylineC83
post Aug 1 2004, 11:16 PM
Post #26

AF Guru
Group Icon

w/ korean girls....it's a love-hate kinda thing

+Quote Post
fiji
post Aug 2 2004, 12:15 AM
Post #27

AF Fiend
Group Icon

QUOTE (eternalsy @ Aug 2 2004, 12:05 AM)
Well, I'll have to agree with the others who say all countries have their good and bad. Although, you are right about Korean girls being very concerned about their appearance. I'm Korean myself, and I tend to be very picky about how I look. From what I know, Koreans aren't only obsessed about their looks, but also about how other people think of them. Americans don't tend to worry about what others think; for example, American celebrities date and do whatever they want in the public but Korean celebrities are extremely secretive about their social status for fear of losing fans. This is kind of off topic, but I just thought I'd mention that because it kind of bugs me about how they care so much about what others think of them. Sometimes I wish we Koreans would just do whatever we want, and not care about what others think.

I disagree with your last few points. Every girl on the face of the earth cares about their looks and how people think about them, maybe with exception with people that are extremely poor and can't afford to care.

In America, celebrities date whoever they want, not because they don't care, but because that they're "style". Like how reality or keeping it's real is now the American's mode. Back in the 50s, American celebs wouldn't want anyone to know about their personal life, everythign was secretive and their was tons of scandals, they go everywhere dressing all innocent and stuff like Asia is today. But then during the hippie eras, then the 80s, 90s, til now, America evolved into this society where it's cool not to care. Like how America is into this manly look for male celebs, dressing casual, hip-hop, punk, whatever, constantly trying to be different. In Asia people still worship male celebs that would have been passed as a girl if no one says otherwise, but that's just the mode. It has nothing to do with race or how people think, it just the mode and people follow it for the time being.

+Quote Post
trival
post Aug 6 2004, 12:37 PM
Post #28

AF Fan
Group Icon

in my school at southwestern university in philippines.. many korean girls are studying there and they are eek.gif beautiful

+Quote Post
Mantis
post Aug 7 2004, 05:35 AM
Post #29

AF Pro
Group Icon

It's a bit of both.... Some are insecure and some are just naturally good-looking. But the end result is, we do have the hottest girls in Asia. Even in the U.S and elsewhere, Korean girls generally have more class and sophistication above all else. Korean girls have a phobia of social isolation, that is why they are always trying to keep up with the rest of the pack in the beauty/fashion department and others in order to "fit in"

+Quote Post
freefallz
post Aug 7 2004, 07:59 AM
Post #30

AF Elite
Group Icon

Plastic surgery have different connotations in Korea.

+Quote Post
Ontherun
post Aug 11 2004, 04:38 AM
Post #31

AF Fan
Group Icon

QUOTE (Jasel @ Jul 27 2004, 11:20 PM)
Korean girls look very pretty to me. Dont understand the whole plastic surgery thing. Alot of them are very good looking to start with IMO icon_confused.gif

No, they only look good because of multiple plastic surgeries. Look up theri old photos they look very very different.

+Quote Post
Ontherun
post Aug 11 2004, 04:45 AM
Post #32

AF Fan
Group Icon

QUOTE (blisskiss @ Jul 28 2004, 03:39 AM)
plastic surgery is weird! i think natural is always the best, unless it has to do with recovering from accidents or if there is something seriously wrong. God made everyone how they are....people should learn to love themselves more.

Agreed. I'm wonder why korean girls do not find surgeries abnormal and repulsive.

+Quote Post
Ontherun
post Aug 11 2004, 04:49 AM
Post #33

AF Fan
Group Icon

QUOTE (PradaGirl @ Aug 1 2004, 03:02 PM)
QUOTE (kim3000000 @ Jul 27 2004, 03:08 PM)
Korean girls too me seem the best looking girls in asia

they seem to have more natural good looking features

however one may argue they have the highest number of plastic surgeries

I feel that korean women are more obssessed with their looks than the average white women and are less insecure
I want ur ideas on this

I think ALL women are beautiful in her own way. Whether she is Korean, Caucasian, African-American, or Hispanic. But I do have to admit that I have a lot of mixed perceptions of some Korean women ( in Korea ). I hear that a lot of them are obsessed with beauty and will go the extra mile to get work done on their faces. So when you see a really beautiful Korean woman you can't help but to wonder if her face is natural or fake.

And in reference to your comment about Caucasian women being less obsessed....that is not true. America is the most obsessed country when it comes to physical beauty. Society dictates how we SHOULD look, therefore, a lot of Americans get brainwashed into thinking stick thin is in and only beautiful people will make it out there. A lot of the anorectics you see out there are Caucasian.....ie. Mary Kate Olsen....Calista Flockhart.....and that one girl ( can't think of her name right now ) that replaced Kathy Lee on the Regis show.

I don't know. But to me resorting to surgeries (which is common to koreans not only celebrities) is the ultimate unhealthy vainest obsession to baeuty. In other parts of aSia women are not like thta.

+Quote Post
Ontherun
post Aug 11 2004, 04:52 AM
Post #34

AF Fan
Group Icon

QUOTE (Hunter @ Aug 2 2004, 12:13 AM)
There is too much competition in Korean society.

And too much hypocrisy and pretension and fakeness.

+Quote Post
Ontherun
post Aug 11 2004, 04:59 AM
Post #35

AF Fan
Group Icon

QUOTE (Mantis @ Aug 7 2004, 06:35 AM)
It's a bit of both.... Some are insecure and some are just naturally good-looking. But the end result is, we do have the hottest girls in Asia. Even in the U.S and elsewhere, Korean girls generally have more class and sophistication above all else. Korean girls have a phobia of social isolation, that is why they are always trying to keep up with the rest of the pack in the beauty/fashion department and others in order to "fit in"

Now that is an unattarctive quality in a woman. Having strong sense of self and being secure is an appealing quality in a woman. Beuty is not only exterior.

Those women are like an empty shell.

+Quote Post
Ontherun
post Aug 11 2004, 05:00 AM
Post #36

AF Fan
Group Icon

QUOTE (freefallz @ Aug 7 2004, 08:59 AM)
Plastic surgery have different connotations in Korea.

I heard plastic surgery is a huge turn off for men. Maybe not for korean men?

+Quote Post
Ontherun
post Aug 11 2004, 05:04 AM
Post #37

AF Fan
Group Icon

A korean classmate of me said 95% of korean female stars have plastic surgeries.

+Quote Post
Ontherun
post Aug 11 2004, 06:25 AM
Post #38

AF Fan
Group Icon

It is because in ASia women's only VALUE and SENSE is her beauty. Men are only focus on women's looks not her intellect or strength. In korea, women are like "flowers" in the workplace. Women have to look beautiful to marry a rich guy who can buy her cltohes and house. Women are dependent on MEN all throughout her life. She mostly depend on her looks. This is still the prevailing attitude in Asian societies. This is sad, I hope ASian women awake and relialize this.

+Quote Post
vi3tlamgurl
post Aug 11 2004, 05:21 PM
Post #39

AF Geek
Group Icon

i have a korean friend and she is soooo gorgeous! she told me that she wants to get a nose job cz she thinks her nose is bigg...i think she is jstu beautiful! hmm..im gunan sound like pervert sayin this but she has bigg boobs for an asian girl..lol

+Quote Post
Ontherun
post Aug 11 2004, 05:25 PM
Post #40

AF Fan
Group Icon

QUOTE (vi3tlamgurl @ Aug 11 2004, 06:21 PM)
i have a korean friend and she is soooo gorgeous! she told me that she wants to get a nose job cz she thinks her nose is bigg...i think she is jstu beautiful! hmm..im gunan sound like pervert sayin this but she has bigg boobs for an asian girl..lol

maybe they are fake?

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 07:30 AM