AsiaFinest Forum
Ad: 123Designing.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Filipino Royalty, people who are pretending to be Filipino royalty-ripping people off
mishaa
post Dec 3 2007, 03:03 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members

hi, I am new here. I don't know whether this is the correct place to check on something but I would greatly appreciate a little bit of information regarding someone who is posing as a Sultan of Mindanao - his name is Juan Tados de la Cruz. if I can't find enough proof on him, my cousin is going to be in deep trouble. So I seek help and implore anyone with info on this guy. Please help. thanks. bawling.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
speedy_gonzalez
post Dec 3 2007, 03:06 AM
Post #2

AF Fiend
Group Icon

where are you from??

+Quote Post
philfighter
post Dec 3 2007, 04:35 AM
Post #3

AF Addict
Group Icon

Uhh. Sultan of Mindanao? That has been dissolved since the 1500's. The Sultan of Sulu now is still a question with 7 descendants claiming control..the most popular among them is Sultan Kiram. Marcos once wanted to be called Maharlike/Datu/King of the Philippine Islands.

+Quote Post
Datu Mandub
post Dec 4 2007, 08:19 PM
Post #4

AF Geek
Group Icon

QUOTE(mishaa @ Dec 3 2007, 03:03 AM) [snapback]3344713[/snapback]
hi, I am new here. I don't know whether this is the correct place to check on something but I would greatly appreciate a little bit of information regarding someone who is posing as a Sultan of Mindanao - his name is Juan Tados de la Cruz. if I can't find enough proof on him, my cousin is going to be in deep trouble. So I seek help and implore anyone with info on this guy. Please help. thanks. bawling.gif

There are more than a dozen Sultan and minor Sultanates around Minadano (there is no Sultan of Mindanao)....I don't know this Juan Tados, and why would he carry a Christian name ? we all know that a "Sultan" is a Muslim title.

It seems that this is another rip off by those phoney wannabes. Well, how much this time ? if you give me more info about this man perhaps some friends could watch this guy.

+Quote Post
LazyAzian
post Dec 4 2007, 10:18 PM
Post #5

AF Addict
Group Icon

Most of the Native Filipino Royalty left are from the uncolonized areas of the Spaniards in Mindanao. I am guessing theres like very few left, I don't even think they would last 100 years.

Most of the Maharlikas in Luzon and Visayas ditched Native Nobility and converted into Spanish-Filipino nobility known as Principalía (they converted into Catholicism and pledged allegiance to the Spanish crown). So when you see Spanish-Filipinos with "Don's" and "Doñas" as titles, they might have Spanish Noble blood and Filipino Maharlika blood.

+Quote Post
Pogpog
post Dec 5 2007, 12:38 AM
Post #6

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE(LazyAzian @ Dec 5 2007, 07:18 AM) [snapback]3348556[/snapback]
Most of the Native Filipino Royalty left are from the uncolonized areas of the Spaniards in Mindanao. I am guessing theres like very few left, I don't even think they would last 100 years.

Most of the Maharlikas in Luzon and Visayas ditched Native Nobility and converted into Spanish-Filipino nobility known as Principalía (they converted into Catholicism and pledged allegiance to the Spanish crown). So when you see Spanish-Filipinos with "Don's" and "Doñas" as titles, they might have Spanish Noble blood and Filipino Maharlika blood.

I've been seeing a lot of this "Maharlika" thing here and I thought this word was ditched when they found what it really meant in some local dialect.

'di ba meaning anang "Maharlika" - dako ug oten?

Anyway on topic, this is a classic example of pinoy gullibility. A "Sultan in Mindanao" with a spanish name?

+Quote Post
*promo
post Dec 5 2007, 01:04 AM
Post #7

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pogpog @ Dec 4 2007, 09:38 PM) [snapback]3348783[/snapback]
I've been seeing a lot of this "Maharlika" thing here and I thought this word was ditched when they found what it really meant in some local dialect.

'di ba meaning anang "Maharlika" - dako ug oten?

Anyway on topic, this is a classic example of pinoy gullibility. A "Sultan in Mindanao" with a spanish name?

and whats that?

the only thing i came cross "ditching" it was b/c of Marcos

+Quote Post
Pogpog
post Dec 5 2007, 01:16 AM
Post #8

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE(*promo @ Dec 5 2007, 10:04 AM) [snapback]3348816[/snapback]
and whats that?

the only thing i came cross "ditching" it was b/c of Marcos

You mean "dako ug oten"? - it mean Big Penis. Must be the reason Marcos dropped it. Could be he has a small d!ck like Napoleon Bonaparte, only an inch!

+Quote Post
Pogpog
post Dec 5 2007, 01:18 AM
Post #9

AF Pro
Group Icon

I wouldn't mind being called a Maharlikan though.... icon_redface.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
*promo
post Dec 5 2007, 12:09 PM
Post #10

AF Guru
Group Icon

no Marcos promoted it as culture thing but since the corruption was running out of control. the people didn't believe in him about this and....well here read this http://cpcabrisbane.org/Kasama/2003/V17n3/ColonialName.htm

a big wank $hit whats the problem then with that? a noble with big wank sound good!

but seriously allot of Filipino business have been popping up and using this name for their business.

I wouldn't mind being called a Maharlikan too.

This post has been edited by *promo: Dec 5 2007, 12:10 PM

+Quote Post
ocrapdm
post Dec 8 2007, 12:29 AM
Post #11

AF Guru
Group Icon

Filipino royalties are more common than you'd imagine. EVery town in Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao had rulers - datus in non-Muslim areas, and sultans in Muslim areas. For some, the surnames are a give away - Solimans from Southern Tagalog or Metropolitan Manila are definitely descendants of Rajah Sulayman, a Tagalog nobility. It's the same too for the surname Lacandola/Lakandula, Makapagal/Macapagal (datu from Pampanga), as well as those who have a surname bearing the "Gat-" prefix, like Gatchalian, Gatpangil, etc.

For some, the nobility have been courted by the Spanish and were baptized - for example, kings and queens of Cebu (Magellan expediton). Santos, Dela Cruz, and Bautista probably are Filipino royals. Bautista from Cavite are reputedly descendants of Cavitenyo royals.

Some intermarried with the Spanish, making the principalia people - such include Roxas and other surnames..

+Quote Post
Suzuka00
post Dec 9 2007, 08:37 PM
Post #12

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE(ocrapdm @ Dec 8 2007, 12:29 AM) [snapback]3354737[/snapback]
Filipino royalties are more common than you'd imagine. EVery town in Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao had rulers - datus in non-Muslim areas, and sultans in Muslim areas. For some, the surnames are a give away - Solimans from Southern Tagalog or Metropolitan Manila are definitely descendants of Rajah Sulayman, a Tagalog nobility. It's the same too for the surname Lacandola/Lakandula, Makapagal/Macapagal (datu from Pampanga), as well as those who have a surname bearing the "Gat-" prefix, like Gatchalian, Gatpangil, etc.

For some, the nobility have been courted by the Spanish and were baptized - for example, kings and queens of Cebu (Magellan expediton). Santos, Dela Cruz, and Bautista probably are Filipino royals. Bautista from Cavite are reputedly descendants of Cavitenyo royals.

Some intermarried with the Spanish, making the principalia people - such include Roxas and other surnames..

wala yata d2 sa taytay it looks like halos lahat ng royalty blood ay nasa maynila na.

+Quote Post
Pogpog
post Dec 10 2007, 04:36 AM
Post #13

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE(Suzuka00 @ Dec 10 2007, 05:37 AM) [snapback]3358274[/snapback]
wala yata d2 sa taytay it looks like halos lahat ng royalty blood ay nasa maynila na.

Huh? We really do have some royalty?

I descended from Lapu-lapu, am I of royal blood?

My problem is that somehow I look like this guy though

or maybe you were talking about royal tru orange...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 05:41 AM