AsiaFinest Forum
Ad: 123Designing.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
who says taiwanese celebs are inferior to hk?
riversouth
post Mar 7 2008, 02:22 AM
Post #1

AF Elite
Group Icon

Group: Members

as much i like hk actors because in all seriousness, hk actors are really good (especially those veteran actors like stephen chow, andy lau, tony leung, etc).

its true taiwan entertainment is still behind compare with hk mainstream entertainment because not many foreign investment in taiwan production like in hk has.

but, the taiwanese actors are getting better each and everyday.

most of the young taiwanese celebs are a lot more talent than those hk young celebs imo

outside of nicholas tse, eason chan, who in hk can write and compose their own music like jay chou and wang li hom?

but still hk is still a 1 level better but certainly not superior to taiwan production.

This post has been edited by riversouth: Mar 7 2008, 02:22 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Destroyer
post Mar 7 2008, 02:44 AM
Post #2

AF Fan
Group Icon

Taiwan and Hong Kong mainstream entertainment is pure trash. All that bubble gum pop and girly b!tch-boys has to go. They are degrading Chinese culture. And no, Jay Chou and Wang Leehom don't really make music. What they make are considered to be "noises."

+Quote Post
X_Dragon
post Mar 7 2008, 02:01 PM
Post #3

AF Pro
Group Icon

I think when people say that, they will refer to what HK entertainment was. No doubt HK held dominance in the past, and arguably still is. But HK entertainment seems to be heading downwards as rich kids with a pretty face can be a "celeb". True talent is starting to come from mainland and taiwan

+Quote Post
progen
post Mar 7 2008, 10:25 PM
Post #4

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE(Destroyer @ Mar 7 2008, 03:44 AM) [snapback]3550387[/snapback]
Taiwan and Hong Kong mainstream entertainment is pure trash. All that bubble gum pop and girly b!tch-boys has to go. They are degrading Chinese culture. And no, Jay Chou and Wang Leehom don't really make music. What they make are considered to be "noises."

I won't say Taiwan and Hong Kong mainstream entertainment pure trash. I would say that they are very poor.

Nothing beats good China historical dramas. Also, some of the modern dramas are also excellent. I recently saw "Golden Marriage." Heart warming contemporary Chinese drama.

+Quote Post
riversouth
post Mar 8 2008, 01:16 AM
Post #5

AF Elite
Group Icon

QUOTE(Destroyer @ Mar 7 2008, 02:44 AM) [snapback]3550387[/snapback]

wrong! they get more girls than you laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Destroyer
post Mar 8 2008, 02:37 AM
Post #6

AF Fan
Group Icon

QUOTE(riversouth @ Mar 8 2008, 02:16 AM) [snapback]3552179[/snapback]
wrong! they get more girls than you laugh.gif

I'm pretty sure they do, with all those girly manb!tches like you going "ga ga" over these sentimental transvestites. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Destroyer: Mar 8 2008, 02:38 AM

+Quote Post
GreatAnabyng
post Mar 8 2008, 05:55 AM
Post #7

AF Geek
Group Icon

QUOTE(progen @ Mar 7 2008, 10:25 PM) [snapback]3551926[/snapback]
I won't say Taiwan and Hong Kong mainstream entertainment pure trash. I would say that they are very poor.

Nothing beats good China historical dramas. Also, some of the modern dramas are also excellent. I recently saw "Golden Marriage." Heart warming contemporary Chinese drama.

Historical dramas from the mainland are pretty good, but anything else suffers from severe casting tragedies. In any rendition of Jin Yong's novels, they seem to love casting a twenty-somthing year old actress in the role of a 50, 60 or even a 70 year old women.

+Quote Post
progen
post Mar 8 2008, 10:04 AM
Post #8

AF Pro
Group Icon

Mainland marshall art films are junks. Most of them are not made by serious directors.

None of the Jin Yong's stuff from the mainland is good, IMHO.

Of course, with the commercialization of TV and the movie business, a lot of stuff in TV today are poor in quality.

However, the ones with the aim to be good are really good.

Golden Marriage is a recent TV drama that is excellent. It takes a person from the 60s in China all the way to present.

This post has been edited by progen: Mar 8 2008, 10:05 AM

+Quote Post
badparticle
post Mar 10 2008, 01:15 PM
Post #9

AF Addict
Group Icon

Taiwanese's mandarin drama and films are constantly struggling in Taiwan. They don't reflect Taiwanese culture and are detached from the people. We don't talk like that or act like that. Who are they trying to fool? I'm not going to get political here, but those people in the entertainment industry have been living in their own own world for decades.
No wonder Taiwanese rather watch foreign stuff from HK, China, Korea, or Japan.

+Quote Post
BigBenChow
post Mar 10 2008, 02:56 PM
Post #10

AF Guru
Group Icon

New generation of HK celebs are only celebs because of good marketing. Even I don't buy into that garbage.

+Quote Post
riversouth
post Mar 10 2008, 11:14 PM
Post #11

AF Elite
Group Icon

QUOTE(badparticle @ Mar 10 2008, 01:15 PM) [snapback]3556900[/snapback]
Taiwanese's mandarin drama and films are constantly struggling in Taiwan. They don't reflect Taiwanese culture and are detached from the people. We don't talk like that or act like that. Who are they trying to fool? I'm not going to get political here, but those people in the entertainment industry have been living in their own own world for decades.
No wonder Taiwanese rather watch foreign stuff from HK, China, Korea, or Japan.

wrong, i have no idea who you are talking about.

This post has been edited by riversouth: Mar 10 2008, 11:14 PM

+Quote Post
mingthemerciless
post Mar 11 2008, 09:44 AM
Post #12

AF Geek
Group Icon

The HK entertainment industry had it's chance in the 80s and 90s to dominate the Asian market but instead the bosses chose to promote the untalented rich kids as celebrities so to profit from both ends... now the entertainment business is slowly and painfully dying... they deserve the outcome.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 07:09 PM