Reply to this topicStart new topic
Magic: The Gathering
Eclectic Asian
post Sep 22 2004, 07:13 PM
Post #41

AF Guru
Group Icon

Group: Members

damn, have any of you guys checked out the new set???? champions of kamigawa i think? it looks pretty cool and i checked out all the black cards in that set and they have more discard!!! (ex: distress!! it's like a duress but costs one more swamp mana....not bad!)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rappapa
post Sep 23 2004, 07:17 PM
Post #42

AF Elite
Group Icon

QUOTE (Eclectic Asian @ Sep 22 2004, 08:13 PM)
damn, have any of you guys checked out the new set???? champions of kamigawa i think? it looks pretty cool and i checked out all the black cards in that set and they have more discard!!! (ex: distress!! it's like a duress but costs one more swamp mana....not bad!)

Actually it's more comparable to Addle, but you don't choose a color beerchug.gif

Yeah but black's only good cards are Distress and Cranial Extraction(basically the new and better lobotomy). I need some better cards for my DeathCloud deck cry2.gif

+Quote Post
Dim_Sum_4_U
post Sep 25 2004, 07:03 PM
Post #43

AF Pro
Group Icon

The set doesnt look that good. I forgot what thing i went to but it was at GMU a week or so ago but its where you draft or seal deck draft with the new sets. I did really bad because i had jank cards and those dam people kept on drawing their gay dragons, but other than that, soul shift dosent really do that great. But the acaine or something like that is crazy! Note: i didnt get the promo red dragon card for entering their seal deck draft because they ran out of them so if any of you ever go, go their early!!! madgo.gif madgo.gif

+Quote Post
Eclectic Asian
post Sep 27 2004, 03:41 PM
Post #44

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rappapa @ Sep 23 2004, 06:17 PM)
QUOTE (Eclectic Asian @ Sep 22 2004, 08:13 PM)

Actually it's more comparable to Addle, but you don't choose a color beerchug.gif

Yeah but black's only good cards are Distress and Cranial Extraction(basically the new and better lobotomy). I need some better cards for my DeathCloud deck cry2.gif

hell yea! cranial extraction is so good!!!! too bad it's a rare......lol icon_sad.gif
the only reason why it is better than lobotomy is because it is not multicolored mana cost... :genius:

and speaking of addle, i prefer blackmail better.... icon_wink.gif addle may be more versatile but at least you can make the other person discard on first turn!!!
speaking of discard, i think hymn to tourach is the best discard card!!! damn, there's so many things you can do with dark ritual for first turn, such as playing a royal assassin any combination of duress, blackmail, tourach on the first turn!! hmmmm, i think i saw a dark ritual card for the red set.....it's called desperate ritual i think? but it costs one generic mana more...

hey rappapa, could you give me some tips on a monoblack control deck??? preferably type 1.5 because i am a casual player.....black pwns!!!! beerchug.gif

+Quote Post
Rappapa
post Sep 27 2004, 04:59 PM
Post #45

AF Elite
Group Icon

The last thing you look at is color similiarity when it comes to likeness. Cranial is better because you literally remove all cards from hand, libarary and graveyard regardless if they have or not (like lobotomy.)

I hate blackmail. It's not very dependable. Hymn to Tourach is probbably the best discard spell ever created. Best discard creature would be Hippie (Hypnotic Specter).

I'm not into 1.5 so I can't really help you there. Serious T2 is where I'm at, sorry icon_sad.gif

+Quote Post
Eclectic Asian
post Sep 27 2004, 10:10 PM
Post #46

AF Guru
Group Icon

yea, i also think hymn is really broken.....lol

hey rappapa, do you consider these cards broken as well??? i sometimes wonder if these are considered "godly" cards:
true believer
http://findmagiccards.com/Cards/ON/True_Believer.html

time walk
http://findmagiccards.com/Cards/A/Time_Walk.html

ball lightning
http://findmagiccards.com/Cards/4E/Ball_Lightning.html

damn, there's so many good cards!! i especially like icy manipulator icon_smile.gif
http://findmagiccards.com/Cards/MI/Icy_Manipulator.html

damn, gg....

+Quote Post
dalawapo
post Sep 27 2004, 10:17 PM
Post #47

AF Supreme
Group Icon

this card game was bann at my school because of herasy! embarassedlaugh.gif

+Quote Post
Rappapa
post Sep 27 2004, 10:31 PM
Post #48

AF Elite
Group Icon

QUOTE (Eclectic Asian @ Sep 27 2004, 11:10 PM)
yea, i also think hymn is really broken.....lol

hey rappapa, do you consider these cards broken as well??? i sometimes wonder if these are considered "godly" cards:
true believer
http://findmagiccards.com/Cards/ON/True_Believer.html

time walk
http://findmagiccards.com/Cards/A/Time_Walk.html

ball lightning
http://findmagiccards.com/Cards/4E/Ball_Lightning.html

damn, there's so many good cards!! i especially like icy manipulator icon_smile.gif
http://findmagiccards.com/Cards/MI/Icy_Manipulator.html

damn, gg....

Out of that list, I only consider Time Walk broken. By favorite broken card is Dark Ritual beerchug.gif

this card game was bann at my school because of herasy! 

What do you go to, a Christian school? icon_rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
dalawapo
post Sep 28 2004, 01:14 AM
Post #49

AF Supreme
Group Icon

i live in the SOUTH, the bible belt of the United States embarassedlaugh.gif

+Quote Post
Rappapa
post Sep 28 2004, 01:02 PM
Post #50

AF Elite
Group Icon

QUOTE (dalawapo @ Sep 28 2004, 02:14 AM)
i live in the SOUTH, the bible belt of the United States embarassedlaugh.gif

People in the South shouldn't be allowed to vote sure.gif

+Quote Post
Eclectic Asian
post Sep 30 2004, 05:34 PM
Post #51

AF Guru
Group Icon

why are you strict T2??? i think magic is way funner if you get to use all the cards....but of course obviously if they're really broken then don't play them...LOL!

i would play T2 but i have a mix of T2 and T1 cards and i don't do tournaments....i just play for fun

are you a serious tournament player????

well anyways, there's so many cards to choose from.....and many deck ideas too!!! the sad part though is that i believe every deck has a weakness and some losers out there make anti-decks just to beat those good decks....

ex: an artifact hate deck to beat an ever so powerful affinity ravager deck... :genius:

well at least the colors are balanced.....since they hate each other

but personally IMO i love black the most.....monoblack control or aggro control that is... icon_wink.gif beat down is cool as well....
i just love making the opponent discard cards and also killing his creatures with terror and dark banish..... biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Rappapa
post Sep 30 2004, 06:17 PM
Post #52

AF Elite
Group Icon

I love T2 because im a serious (not really) player. I play like a serious player because it's no fun as a casual. I like using my head to beat others. I don't enter national tournaments like PTQ so that doesn' t really make me a serious player.

I also lke playing black. It's my favorite Magic color.

+Quote Post
Dim_Sum_4_U
post Oct 1 2004, 04:25 AM
Post #53

AF Pro
Group Icon

Yea i have heard that some people think magic is witch craft and is the devil or something.... But playing T2 isnt fun to me because your set rang isnt that good. My bro plays T2 ( tooth N nail ) and its a pretty good solid deck but isnt fun to play. I play extended T2 though. (Trashing vampires and echo control) <---fun decks

+Quote Post
Eclectic Asian
post Oct 3 2004, 03:42 PM
Post #54

AF Guru
Group Icon

anyone get the champions of kamigawa cards that were released last friday??? confused.gif

how is it? icon_smile.gif

+Quote Post
Jasel
post Oct 3 2004, 04:03 PM
Post #55

AF Supreme
Group Icon

Group: AF Forum Police

^never heard of em dude.

Man I used to PRAY that I would get a Black Lotus embarassedlaugh.gif

Anyway ya i still have maybe like 400 or 500 magic cards back home. i'll have to try selling them. I need the money.

+Quote Post
Rappapa
post Oct 24 2004, 05:56 PM
Post #56

AF Elite
Group Icon

I hate Affinity.

+Quote Post
Dim_Sum_4_U
post Oct 24 2004, 06:13 PM
Post #57

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (Eclectic Asian @ Oct 3 2004, 04:42 PM)
anyone get the champions of kamigawa cards that were released last friday???  confused.gif

how is it?  icon_smile.gif

I hate this set, there are only a few good cards really in it, nine tails and some others. The best card is that black one that lets your remove one card from a players deck which is pretty damn good! Anyways, if you get the right cards (which are about 9-10 good ones) then i would buy packs of this set. Other than that, dont bother guying this set...took me about 4 good boxes to get some good stuff biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Rappapa
post Oct 24 2004, 06:57 PM
Post #58

AF Elite
Group Icon

Cranial Extraction and Distress are the only good cards icon_rolleyes.gif

Stupid j@p flavour had to ruin this game.

+Quote Post
Tweaked_!55!
post Oct 25 2004, 02:40 PM
Post #59

AF Pro
Group Icon

I used to play... I really sucked at playing though, and I hardly bought cards cause I thought it was a waste of money... my little brother plays and he has some pretty valuable cards... I think he has like over $500 worth in cards or maybe more... cause he has like 3 cards worth $50 each or something and his only spent probably under $100 total on cards but it's not like anyones actually going to buy them... or atleast I don't think

This post has been edited by Tweaked_!55!: Oct 25 2004, 02:40 PM

+Quote Post
Dim_Sum_4_U
post Oct 25 2004, 10:00 PM
Post #60

AF Pro
Group Icon

Depends which cards they are. If some of those cards are from power of 9 set or older, most people will buy it no matter what the card it for their collection. However some cards get played more than others and old cards are being remade for type2 so who knows if anyone would buy them.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 03:16 PM