AsiaFinest Forum
Ad: 123Designing.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Is it ok to leave toothpaste on your teeth overnight?
snitchma02
post May 25 2008, 09:59 PM
Post #1

AF Addict
Group Icon

Group: Members

Ok, I was wondering whether leaving a toothpaste all over your teeth is essential in keeping your teeth cavity-free?
Have you tried doing it? You see, Am so afraid going to the dentist that I spend at least 8min in the bathroom just cleaning my teeth. laugh.gif
But recently, I went to my dentist (just to check) and he suggested me to come back coz he needed to fill one of my molars. Am like, dammit! sure.gif
BTW, the last time I went to my dentist was 4 years ago. So yea, its been a while since I experienced major nerve racking pain. (Just the sound of the drill scares me BIG time....) icon_neutral.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
higginm
post May 25 2008, 10:01 PM
Post #2

AF Addict
Group Icon

Don't do it with young children.

Flourine is linked with bone cancer in youngsters....

+Quote Post
SeanMoran
post May 25 2008, 10:02 PM
Post #3

AF Elite
Group Icon

QUOTE(snitchma02 @ May 26 2008, 03:59 AM) [snapback]3718482[/snapback]
Ok, I was wondering whether leaving a toothpaste all over your teeth is essential in keeping your teeth cavity-free?
Have you tried doing it? You see, Am so afraid going to the dentist that I spend at least 8min in the bathroom just cleaning my teeth. laugh.gif
But recently, I went to my dentist (just to check) and he suggested me to come back coz he needed to fill one of my molars. Am like, dammit! sure.gif
BTW, the last time I went to my dentist was 4 years ago. So yea, its been a while since I experienced major nerve racking pain. (Just the sound of the drill scares me BIG time....) icon_neutral.gif

Nup. It won't work at all, but will hurt your gums and probably cause breathing problems if it's peppermint flavour. Don't try it.

+Quote Post
higginm
post May 25 2008, 10:03 PM
Post #4

AF Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE(higginm @ May 26 2008, 04:01 AM) [snapback]3718483[/snapback]
Don't do it with young children.

Flourine is linked with bone cancer in youngsters....

P.S. If you are less than 20 take anything your dentist tells you about needing dental work with a piece of salt....they are just out for money.....

I had many fillings before 20....not one after 20!

The difference? They know after 20 you can tell they are telling porky pies (lies) just to fill their greedy pockets... dentists are scum bags (and sorry, but I do not using that term lightly) when it comes to claiming children need unecessary dental work.

This post has been edited by higginm: May 25 2008, 10:08 PM

+Quote Post
SeanMoran
post May 25 2008, 10:14 PM
Post #5

AF Elite
Group Icon

QUOTE(higginm @ May 26 2008, 04:03 AM) [snapback]3718487[/snapback]
P.S. If you are less than 20 take anything your dentist tells you about needing dental work with a piece of salt....they are just out for money.....

I had many fillings before 20....not one after 20!

The difference? They know after 20 you can tell they are telling porky pies (lies) just to fill their greedy pockets... dentists are scum bags (and sorry, but I do not using that term lightly) when it comes to claiming children need unecessary dental work.

They did that to me at the metropolitan schools dental clinic when I was nine or ten, and stuck three useless fillings in me, but then those teeth all fell out and the big ones came through. It must be sad to see them do it to teenaged students who already have their full set of adult teeth. It's the same with that wisdom teeth scam too. They'll all try to tell you that you have to have all four of them out. Absolute rubbish. Those criminals should be incarcerated! nono.gif lol3.gif

+Quote Post
BrooklynCarter
post May 25 2008, 11:30 PM
Post #6

AF Elite
Group Icon

lol i would be very uncomfortable. nah, don't do it mate

+Quote Post
cabbit
post May 25 2008, 11:34 PM
Post #7

AF Pro
Group Icon

Is leaving toothpaste in your mouth overnight even safe? I'm pretty sure they were not made to be digested no matter which yummy flavor you use...

+Quote Post
higginm
post May 25 2008, 11:42 PM
Post #8

AF Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE(cabbit @ May 26 2008, 05:34 AM) [snapback]3718653[/snapback]
Is leaving toothpaste in your mouth overnight even safe? I'm pretty sure they were not made to be digested no matter which yummy flavor you use...

Well, "they" thought that flouride was safe (which is the active ingredient) they even added it to drinking water in many countries. Now they are unsure though because the flourine is causing bone cancer in a small number of adolescents...

This post has been edited by higginm: May 25 2008, 11:43 PM

+Quote Post
GreatAnabyng
post May 26 2008, 10:31 AM
Post #9

AF Geek
Group Icon

QUOTE(snitchma02 @ May 25 2008, 09:59 PM) [snapback]3718482[/snapback]

I used to have this problem. Fortunately, a fix is very simple. Next time you visit your dentist for a filling, bring an ipod.

+Quote Post
snitchma02
post May 26 2008, 11:28 AM
Post #10

AF Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE(SeanMoran @ May 25 2008, 11:14 PM) [snapback]3718497[/snapback]
They did that to me at the metropolitan schools dental clinic when I was nine or ten, and stuck three useless fillings in me, but then those teeth all fell out and the big ones came through. It must be sad to see them do it to teenaged students who already have their full set of adult teeth. It's the same with that wisdom teeth scam too. They'll all try to tell you that you have to have all four of them out. Absolute rubbish. Those criminals should be incarcerated! nono.gif lol3.gif

Hey, I think if one of your wisdom tooth didn't grew correctly, then definitely they have to remove. Otherwise, if its normal, then they won't. Usually people that had their wisdom teeth removed always complain about pain. My mom never got her wisdom teeth removed since it grew normally.

+Quote Post
mndeg
post May 26 2008, 12:27 PM
Post #11

AF Legend
Group Icon

don't be weird icon_neutral.gif
brush your teeth floss then mouthwash and everything wil be fine.

no need to be obsessive about it

+Quote Post
snitchma02
post May 26 2008, 06:53 PM
Post #12

AF Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE(mndeg @ May 26 2008, 01:27 PM) [snapback]3719602[/snapback]
don't be weird icon_neutral.gif
brush your teeth floss then mouthwash and everything wil be fine.

no need to be obsessive about it

yea, thats what I do everyday...

+Quote Post
toothbrush
post May 26 2008, 08:19 PM
Post #13

AF Pro
Group Icon

just brush your teeth and stop asking stupid Qs

+Quote Post
SeanMoran
post May 26 2008, 08:33 PM
Post #14

AF Elite
Group Icon

QUOTE(snitchma02 @ May 26 2008, 05:28 PM) [snapback]3719524[/snapback]
Hey, I think if one of your wisdom tooth didn't grew correctly, then definitely they have to remove. Otherwise, if its normal, then they won't. Usually people that had their wisdom teeth removed always complain about pain. My mom never got her wisdom teeth removed since it grew normally.

My wisdom teeth are fine. They started coming through in 1996 and settled in a few years later. At first I thought I might have caught the mumps from the swelling on one side, but I've already had them as a kid. Glandular fever? Nope. Good old wisdom teeth. Some people always complain about their pain, whatever kind of teeth they're growing. To them it might be normal but I think it's like amputating a stubbed toe. Dentists like that just want your money and your teeth. It's another scam.
thumbsdown.gif

+Quote Post
SexyGuy
post May 26 2008, 11:41 PM
Post #15

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE(snitchma02 @ May 25 2008, 09:59 PM) [snapback]3718482[/snapback]

Brushing for to long can damage your teeth to

+Quote Post
snitchma02
post May 27 2008, 10:01 AM
Post #16

AF Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE(SexyGuy @ May 27 2008, 12:41 AM) [snapback]3720790[/snapback]
Brushing for to long can damage your teeth to

no way confused.gif