AsiaFinest Forum
Ad: 123Designing.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
what's your 1st uni/college experience was like?
InitialDJay
post Jun 5 2008, 02:07 AM
Post #1

AF Elite
Group Icon

Group: Members

mine is okay... i attend classes that i think i think might be a challenging to pass and not attend regularly with classes that i think easy to pass.

also the lay back, freedom style is definitely enjoyable.

however, the workload is definitely a lot more than hs work.

so far, so good. 3.40 gpa for my 1st year. not excellent, not bad.

what about you?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SeanMoran
post Jun 5 2008, 02:16 AM
Post #2

AF Elite
Group Icon

I can't remember her name and even after searching the uni's website, back to 1997, they don't mention it anymore on the listings, or else I would have picked it out.

She was at least 60 years old, and from India, this amazing lecturer who always wore a sari and sometimes joked in Hindi during the evening lectures, because I enjoyed the day lectures so much, that I went back again to hear her repeat performance for the night lectures.

All downhill from there, sadly, but it sure started out well. I got the top marks at 95% for our first psycho exam. All because of this amazing woman whose name I can't even remember now.
beerchug.gif

(Other than that, the whole institution was basically just a way for slack middle-class layabouts to get out of work for another few years after they finished high school. thumbsdown.gif )

+Quote Post
felltohell
post Jun 5 2008, 06:20 AM
Post #3

AF Supreme
Group Icon

embarassedlaugh.gif
nerdy looking in my glasses and only talked to my high school buddies...

was kind of different, went to private high school then public uni..

plus i was used to wearing my uniforms in high school

+Quote Post
BirdFeed
post Jun 5 2008, 07:08 AM
Post #4

AF Pro
Group Icon

still in my first year, at first it was daunting being so independant and all. now i got mates, workload isn't too tough, i'm just lazy embarassedlaugh.gif , i dun care what my marks are, as long as i pass. but i did manage to get a distinction in my psych essay whoo hoo, so proud neartears.gif

+Quote Post
ilu
post Jun 5 2008, 07:47 AM
Post #5

AF Pro
Group Icon

^ same i'm still in my first year.. I dunno I keep falling behind with work, stupid procrastination!

I kinda care about my marks because I'm thinking of applying for a course transfer.

Andd.. uni offers so much more freedom, but it's bad in a way... makes it so much easier to fail since no one will chase ur @$$ up for assignments and $hit

+Quote Post
BirdFeed
post Jun 5 2008, 07:49 PM
Post #6

AF Pro
Group Icon

yeah i realise you have to plan ahead, i recall halfway thru the semester i had 3 assignments due in one week and i hadn't started. hell.

+Quote Post
Dette
post Jun 5 2008, 08:05 PM
Post #7

AF Pro
Group Icon

I spent much time in the sports department on the first year. Mostly hang out with varsities.

My academic activities were alright.

That's the time I came to know desi friends!

+Quote Post
ilu
post Jun 6 2008, 02:24 AM
Post #8

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE(BirdFeed @ Jun 6 2008, 10:49 AM) [snapback]3738157[/snapback]
yeah i realise you have to plan ahead, i recall halfway thru the semester i had 3 assignments due in one week and i hadn't started. hell.

LOL! thats kinda like the situation I had goin on.. fu-k.

+Quote Post
charade
post Jul 9 2008, 09:14 PM
Post #9

AF Geek
Group Icon

QUOTE(InitialDJay @ Jun 5 2008, 03:07 AM) [snapback]3736792[/snapback]
however, the workload is definitely a lot more than hs work.

eh, i think i had a greater workload in hs AP classes compared to undergrad. Grades in undergrad were almost purely based on exams(3-4 exams + finals) except for labs and other writing intensive courses that had more assignments that contributed to our overall grade.

+Quote Post
coldsunlight
post Jul 9 2008, 09:27 PM
Post #10

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE(SeanMoran @ Jun 5 2008, 02:16 AM) [snapback]3736820[/snapback]
I can't remember her name and even after searching the uni's website, back to 1997, they don't mention it anymore on the listings, or else I would have picked it out.

She was at least 60 years old, and from India, this amazing lecturer who always wore a sari and sometimes joked in Hindi during the evening lectures, because I enjoyed the day lectures so much, that I went back again to hear her repeat performance for the night lectures.

All downhill from there, sadly, but it sure started out well. I got the top marks at 95% for our first psycho exam. All because of this amazing woman whose name I can't even remember now.
beerchug.gif

(Other than that, the whole institution was basically just a way for slack middle-class layabouts to get out of work for another few years after they finished high school. thumbsdown.gif )

you like her that much but you cant recall her name badteeth.gif
or are you bad with name ...?

+Quote Post
Mid-Night_Sun
post Jul 9 2008, 09:31 PM
Post #11

AF Supreme
Group Icon

its was sik lol. i went to like 3 classes a week haha. you dont even gota go. i mooch off people for assign and tests. plus i got my own room. you can always have girls over.

This post has been edited by Mid-Night_Sun: Jul 10 2008, 01:42 AM

+Quote Post
BrooklynCarter
post Jul 9 2008, 10:45 PM
Post #12

AF Elite
Group Icon

fun, wild and new experienced..? lol

+Quote Post
Graham_Cracker07
post Jul 10 2008, 01:41 AM
Post #13

AF Pro
Group Icon

It's been AMAZING. I just finished my first year. Looking back to a year ago, i was not looking forward to college. I went to a small high school where I knew everyone and I loved it. I was nervous about going to a kinda big university (about 20,000) I thought I was just gonna be lost and not know anybody, but it's really different. The more I got involved on campus, the smaller it felt. So that's one thing that suprised me, some other things are:

Classes. I always pictured college classes as huge, where the professor doesn't know your name, and you dont talk to anybody, you just sit there. But it's exactly the opposite. My professors were cool as hell and they knew my name. And I would go into class every day and talk to the people in there. I made some really good friends in my classes.

Greek life. Yeah, i joined a fraternity (mainly because of my brother) But it turned out to be the best decision i've made so far in college. Yeah, there's a lot of crazy parties & crazy drunken nights, but it's so much more than that. I've made some amazing friends, and not just in my fraternity, but in other fraternities & sororities. The Greek community at my school is really close knit. And it's gotten me involved in other activities at my school.

And I did really well my first year as far as academics go.
First semester: 3.6 GPA
Second semester: 3.5

This post has been edited by Graham_Cracker07: Jul 10 2008, 01:52 AM

+Quote Post
Edusderasmus
post Jul 10 2008, 08:50 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

It was fine I guess

It felt just like high school during the first 2 days

+Quote Post
h0neyandthem0on
post Jul 26 2008, 02:46 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

My first university experience was kinda bad.. academic-wise. I wasn't used to how college was so I did bad in my classes.. but for the social aspect, it was really fun. I met a lot of people.. and I ended up meeting 2 of my friends from online, and it was new and exciting for me because it was the first time I ever met people from online (i met them thru myspace lol). and yeah..good experiences =)

+Quote Post
iyahcure
post Jul 26 2008, 02:54 AM
Post #16

AF Guru
Group Icon

you get lots a @$$,imo^.^

+Quote Post
AzNboii
post Jul 29 2008, 04:51 AM
Post #17

AF Pro
Group Icon

i did tha community college thing for bout half a semester. place is full of old folks and pregnant b!tches.$hit was wakk, wasted my time and money

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 04:17 PM