AsiaFinest Forum
Ad: 123Designing.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
China Taking On Typical Role As Regional Bully?
parksecurity
post Aug 26 2004, 09:04 PM
Post #1

AF Geek
Group Icon

Group: Members

my feeling, and that of practically all Koreans, is that China is once again taking on its typical role as regional bully...

take for example the Koguryo issue, how can China explain its behavior in a honest and satisfactory manner?

if china really wants to become a global leader, it has to assure its smaller neighbors that they won't be blotted out and swallowed up by China's rising sun...

Really, the most important thing that the US has and that China sorely lacks is the trust of the rest of the world... even the the War on Iraq has only put a big dent in the USA image as a responsible global leader... while China has no such trustworthy image....

China may catch up in economic and military terms, but it will be at a severe disadvantage in all things political and diplomatic if it does not become a free, democratic state that treats its neighbors fairly and honestly...

This post has been edited by parksecurity: Aug 26 2004, 09:10 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
福州市长
post Aug 26 2004, 09:37 PM
Post #2

AF Pro
Group Icon

lots countries around the world hates USA..

+Quote Post
parksecurity
post Aug 26 2004, 09:47 PM
Post #3

AF Geek
Group Icon

plz tell me... what other country in the world than the USA is able to keep its troops and weapons in dozens of other countries for the reason of protecting those countries and itself...

That's not sheer American military might and economic influence...

If anything... thats trust

+Quote Post
福州市长
post Aug 26 2004, 09:49 PM
Post #4

AF Pro
Group Icon

because korea have no choice, they have to let american stay in Korea, otherwise they gonna break the relationship with u guys..
that made korean looks weak.. if i'm a korean that lived in Korea, i will commit suicide

+Quote Post
ham_let
post Aug 26 2004, 09:56 PM
Post #5

AF Legend
Group Icon

Group: AF Forum Police

although you may be right, at the moment i trust china more than the US... i fear that i'll wake up one morning and find that the US has annexed us and called us:

NORTH NORTH DAKOTA.

OOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMGGGGG! haha j/k. xcept i swear bush might name it that.. but i aint kidding bout the annexing part. i am scared. the close proximity to the US aint too comforting...

+Quote Post
_ChKorJaLee_
post Aug 27 2004, 12:23 AM
Post #6

AF Geek
Group Icon

face it
politicians within the government can be @$$es a lot of times
however dat doesn't mean ppl in dis discussion are dose kind of ppl
perhaps u should ask somebody with a better answer?
cuz all ur gonna get is a bunch of responses from chinese fascists, hehe

+Quote Post
zstar
post Aug 27 2004, 12:35 AM
Post #7

AF Fiend
Group Icon

Group: Banned

I'd drive both Communists and Americans out of asia if had the chance
i have no love for them both

+Quote Post
IMaBetterAthlete...
post Aug 27 2004, 12:43 AM
Post #8

AF Geek
Group Icon

To be honest I agree with you. The Chinese government are still acting really immature and irresponsibly and it really pains me to say this since I'm Chinese but if the Chinese government are going to act like this even before they rise out of their third world status, I can't imagine how they'll act as a fully established superpower. Also I certainly wouldn't blame other Asian countries for resenting China if they continue to act chauvinistically towards others. It sucks and most Chinese here will probably refer to me as a traitor and pour some mad hate on me, but if you are going to do that atleast you must acknowledge that I'm being rational about it. There's no promising future if China continues to bully her neighbors, all it's going to do is hinder social progress as it sour relations with other countries. International relations is a huge deal in this world today. China bullying her neighbors is going to accomplish zilch, in fact all it's going to do is have the rest of the world resent her and try to hinder her progress as much as possible. So to all those who support this kind of chauvinism on China's part and see yourself as being patriotic, you're not being patriotic at all in fact you're being a pathetic nazi who's hindering China to go backwards.

+Quote Post
Nam Quoc Son Ha
post Aug 27 2004, 05:24 AM
Post #9

AF Elite
Group Icon

China's resurgence is a big worry, if not a catastrophe for the rest of East, South East and South Asia. China's modern record so far:

- Propping the terrorist state of North Korea
- Trying to settle old score with Japan (their intention is clear)
- Uneasy peace with Russia (border skirmishes in the 60's and 70's)
- Invasion of the Vietnamese island territories of Paracel (1974) and Spratly (1993)
- Invasion of Vietnam in 1979
- Border war with India in 1962
- Supplying unstable Pakistan with nuclear technology and stirring trouble in South Asia
- Threatening to invade Taiwan "at all cost"
- Intimidating Singapore over relations with Taiwan
- Claiming Korean civilization of Koguryo to be China's
- Dispute with the rest of South East Asia over Spratly island group

It's still a third world country yet already busy making enemies. What do you think will happen if it becomes a superpower?

+Quote Post
Made in China
post Aug 27 2004, 07:50 AM
Post #10

AF Pro
Group Icon

China has always been a regional bully in its long history. Lets take Shao's signature for example.

Atleast we didn't start any World War. :genius:

China is owned by Commies, Do you expect PEACE and GENEROUSITY From Commies? sure.gif

This post has been edited by Made in China: Aug 27 2004, 07:50 AM

+Quote Post
supernovasp
post Aug 27 2004, 08:04 AM
Post #11

AF Supreme
Group Icon

Group: AF Forum Police

QUOTE (Nam Quoc Son Ha @ Aug 27 2004, 06:24 AM)
China's resurgence is a big worry, if not a catastrophe for the rest of East, South East and South Asia. China's modern record so far:

- Invasion of the Vietnamese island territories of Paracel (1974) and Spratly (1993)
- Supplying unstable Pakistan with nuclear technology and stirring trouble in South Asia

It's still a third world country yet already busy making enemies. What do you think will happen if it becomes a superpower?

one more: China claim the whole South China Sea as property of China

+Quote Post
福州市长
post Aug 27 2004, 08:06 AM
Post #12

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (Nam Quoc Son Ha @ Aug 27 2004, 06:24 AM)

u guys always blame at china..

+Quote Post
fk650
post Aug 27 2004, 09:48 AM
Post #13

AF Addict
Group Icon

The problem with you Koreans is that you guys can only see the world through your little narrow viewpoints.

The US has more credibility than China around the world? HA! Yeah right. Throughout the Middle East to Africa, the people think favorably of China, while they hate the US (esp. in the middle east).

Look, nobody gives a damn about your Koguryo matter except for you Koreans, who twist and manipulate something that should be a Chinese domestic issue.

Personally, I'm sick and tired of dealing with Koreans and Japanese PERIOD. This is why I advocate China pushing for alliances and relations with the other great land powers and civilizations from Russia to Europe, from Pakistan, Iran, India to the Arab world. China should forge a Eurasian alliance with the old civilizations, the FOUNTAINS of civilizations like China is. Forget Korea and Japan, I don't even want to be associated with you other "Asians". I don't even WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH YOU Koreans or Japanese. Koreans and Japanese DISGUST ME, I wish China NEVER lent you our great civilization.

When I go to China, I travel to the western regions to visit different minority areas and Moslem regions (since my studies focus on Chinese Moslem culture and history). China is such a vast country and a world unto itself, I forget Korea even exists.

This post has been edited by fk650: Aug 27 2004, 09:51 AM

+Quote Post
parksecurity
post Aug 27 2004, 11:59 AM
Post #14

AF Geek
Group Icon

lol.. fk650, sounds like to me you don't know much about Korea at all...

or about the Koguryo issue for that matter..

If you did, you'd know that China is taking the issue seriously and cautiously.. you might even say that they're scared of a reunified Korea... and thats why they're going at such great lengths to claim Koguryo as an ancient Chinese province... tell me, how is that a domestic Chinese issue? or explain China's behavior in a way that will enlighten us "narrowminded" Koreans..

+Quote Post
fk650
post Aug 27 2004, 12:02 PM
Post #15

AF Addict
Group Icon

No, it's actually the Koreans who do not understand the Koguryo issue WITHIN the Chinese context. I explained in-depth in the Koguryo thread as to the origin of this issue in Chinese academic circles and it certainly has nothing to do with the fear a unified Korea. Korea is not big enough to threaten Korea, and ethnic Koreans only number 3 million in Dongbei while Han Chinese and Manchurians number nearly 200 million. There is no chance that Korea can ever reclaim any territory from Dongbei.

Anyways, here is an excerpt from my explanation:

Actually, it's not the CCP that originated these findings. In fact, the original research on Koguryo was not politically motivated at all. It is the Koreans who politicized it.

The research done on Koguryo was part of China's Xungen (searching for roots) movement in it's academic circles in the 80's. It was a response to the Cultural Revolution, and it's primary characteristic was that it claimed minority cultures were just as representative of Chinese culture as Han culture is. Therefore, the heritage of ethnic Manchurians, Koreans, Uighurs, Tibetans, Zhuang, Hui, etc. should also be celebrated as equally Chinese. So it was during this time that academics started to do research on Koguryo, their findings were not shocking. Koguryo is part of the heritage of China's ethnic minorities, who since were EQUALLY Chinese, was also part of China's heritage as a whole.

However, after several years passed, Koreans started to find out about these academic studies, and due to their xenophobic nature and their lack of understanding about minorities (because Koreans are too intolerant to allow any minorities in their country, let alone recognize them as equal) Koreans could not comprehend the ideology behind the Xungen movement, which was actually quite progressive in that it strongly recognized the equal rights of minority groups INCLUDING ethnic Koreans. Now, this whole issue has become politicized and China decided to settle it for now to prevent escalation because apparently Koreans do not understand the depth of the situation and only take it for nationalistic propaganda, when in fact, these academic articles were not political in substance when they were first being published in the 80's and 90's.

Koreans over-exagerrate their threat to China. There is no reason why China would feel threatened by Korea, and certainly not be threatened enough to try to create some kind of secret project to "rob Koreans of their heritage". The issue of Koguryo is actually a very DOMESTIC Chinese issue and has NOTHING to do with N. or S. Korea. It is an academic domestic issue that actually represents something very progressive, and that is the empowerment of minority consciousness and the social equality of minority Chinese.

This post has been edited by fk650: Aug 27 2004, 12:03 PM

+Quote Post
Made in China
post Aug 27 2004, 12:02 PM
Post #16

AF Pro
Group Icon

It is in the history books that Korgukoyouo was part of China.

Koreans go to the radical claim that Korgukoyouo was not part of China. sure.gif

+Quote Post
浪淘音
post Aug 27 2004, 12:04 PM
Post #17

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE (parksecurity @ Aug 27 2004, 12:59 PM)
lol.. fk650, sounds like to me you don't know much about Korea at all...

or about the Koguryo issue for that matter..

If you did, you'd know that China is taking the issue seriously and cautiously.. you might even say that they're scared of a reunified Korea... and thats why they're going at such great lengths to claim Koguryo as an ancient Chinese province... tell me, how is that a domestic Chinese issue? or explain China's behavior in a way that will enlighten us "narrowminded" Koreans..

no one is scared of a unified Korea, China helped North Korea in the Korean war in which if they had won, they're would be one Korea anyways

Korean has been unified in the past, did it pose a threat to anyone, when has Korea been a cultural, political or military hegemon except in Korean revisionist books?

+Quote Post
parksecurity
post Aug 27 2004, 12:33 PM
Post #18

AF Geek
Group Icon

hahaha.. thats what you radical chinese nationalists say...

but the fact is that Koguryo is an integral part of Korean history... and any attempt by China to steal any part of it is a transparent sign that China is scared of something...

And yes, during the Korean War, China was scared.... scared of a pro-US, democratic Korea right on its border.... and it is still afraid of the same happening today...

This post has been edited by parksecurity: Aug 27 2004, 12:36 PM

+Quote Post
Made in China
post Aug 27 2004, 12:53 PM
Post #19

AF Pro
Group Icon

It is typical for Koreans, knowing Korea cannot face head to head with China, use United States as a wall to hide behind of. Typical Typical. :genius:

+Quote Post
fk650
post Aug 27 2004, 01:00 PM
Post #20

AF Addict
Group Icon

Koreans have always bowed to whichever nation was most powerful. So has the Japanese. They are truly one and the same, really.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 07:32 AM