AsiaFinest Forum
Ad: 123Designing.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
how do people get games before the release date?
bigboy
post Oct 26 2008, 08:53 PM
Post #1

AF Elite
Group Icon

Group: Members

everytime there's some game im anticipating to buy or rent, i usually get impatient to wait til the release date

and i see dudes on the internet posting up videos and they already have the game before it comes out. im like wtf, thats not fair

how do they do it
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Arash
post Oct 27 2008, 05:34 AM
Post #2

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE(bigboy @ Oct 27 2008, 09:53 AM) [snapback]3984094[/snapback]
everytime there's some game im anticipating to buy or rent, i usually get impatient to wait til the release date

and i see dudes on the internet posting up videos and they already have the game before it comes out. im like wtf, thats not fair

how do they do it

http://thepiratebay.org/

+Quote Post
DEL
post Oct 27 2008, 12:36 PM
Post #3

AF Pro
Group Icon

Several ways

1. Illegal versions from torrentsites like piratebay.org, newsgroups etc. which are leaked from the company or just a copy made by an user.
2. beta versions, given to beta testers from the game company itself, which is mostly incomplete or bugged.
3. Most stores already have it in their stocks, while the release date is next week. Some stores sell it when they get it, but they are not allowed to sell before release date. But small stores cant be checked for that, so they sell anyways

This post has been edited by DEL: Oct 27 2008, 12:37 PM

+Quote Post
bigboy
post Oct 27 2008, 01:52 PM
Post #4

AF Elite
Group Icon

im not talkin about downloaded versions of games. im talkin about people that get actual copies of the games

and yeah i heard about stores that get games like a week ahead before the release date and sell them earlier. i wish i knew a place like that

+Quote Post
film4reel
post Oct 27 2008, 02:47 PM
Post #5

AF Elite
Group Icon

many of these people have hook-ups...e.g., someone has a cousin who works in the shipping dept. believe it or not it's not that hard to get.

+Quote Post
NinjaHippoWarrio...
post Oct 27 2008, 03:01 PM
Post #6

AF Geek
Group Icon

QUOTE(bigboy @ Oct 26 2008, 10:53 PM) [snapback]3984094[/snapback]

how do they do it

It's very easy to get pirated games. I've played Gears of Wars 2 already, and the game isn't even out. It's easy to download, and it's very easy to mod and or hack your Xbox 360, PSP, and DS. PC games are easy as hell to get.

QUOTE(bigboy @ Oct 27 2008, 03:52 PM) [snapback]3984836[/snapback]
im not talkin about downloaded versions of games. im talkin about people that get actual copies of the games

and yeah i heard about stores that get games like a week ahead before the release date and sell them earlier. i wish i knew a place like that

As someone already mentioned, it's not uncommon for games that are being shipped, for some of them, to be stolen and sold illegally.

Also, many stores get games as it is shipped to them, but they are not supposed to sell them until the release dates. It's also not that rare for some stores to break the release date and start selling early like a week or more before the release dates.

This post has been edited by NinjaHippoWarrior: Oct 27 2008, 03:05 PM

+Quote Post
VietSk8rGUI
post Oct 27 2008, 03:52 PM
Post #7

AF Supreme
Group Icon

sex

+Quote Post