AsiaFinest Forum
Ad: 123Designing.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
The Philippines has the most exciting history in the whole world.
Shambhalista
post Mar 13 2009, 08:17 PM
Post #1

AF Geek
Group Icon

Group: Members

I thank whatever gods there are that I was born unto these blessed islands. A place which undeniably has the world's most exciting history.

Ive been studying world history for years and truly nothing can compare to the epic story of Las Islas Filipinas.

Just compare ours to that of Japan or Ireland.

Philippines

# Philippine Prehistory
# Arrival of Negrtos
# Agono Petrolyphs
# Agricultural Revolution
# Austronesian Expansion
# Thalassocratic Island-States
# Hindu Rajahnates
# Buddhist Dynasties
# Under Sri Vijaya
# Under Majapahit
# Islam and the Sultanate of Sulu
# Warring Nations Period
# Under the Viceroyalty in Mexico
# British Occupation
# Spanish Crown Colony
# Reformation and Enlightenment Period
# Nationalist Movement and Katipunan Rebellion
# Philippine Revolution
# Spanish-Philippine-American- War
# American Colony and the Philippine Commonwealth
# World War II and Japanese Occupation
# Republic of the Philippines
# Marcos Dictatorship
# Lakas Ng Bayan: The People's Power/EDSA Revolution
# Return to Democracy

Japan

#Early Japan
#Nara and Heian Periods
#Kamakura Period
#Muromachi Period
#Azuchi-Momoyama Period
#Edo Period
#Meiji Period
#Taisho and Early Showa Period
#Postwar Period since

Ireland

#Prehistoric and Early Ireland
#Early Christian Ireland
#Early medieval era
#Norman Ireland
#Early modern era
#Protestant Ascendancy
#Union with Britain
#Republic
Northern Ireland

LOLz THEIR'S IS SO STABLE AND SECURE! WHICH MEANS...

BORING!

WHEN COMPARED TO THE SHEER EXCITEMENT OF PHILIPPINE HISTORY!
Yet why the fu-k are they given more media coverage in documentaries or movies?

embarassedlaugh.gif

That's all gonna change though. Their overratedness will soon be eclipsed. icon_twisted.gif

With all honesty and integrity a nation with an epic story such as ours is only destined for greatness.

I can see this pattern all through out the great would be powers of history. Before Spain became a great power it to had to endure various invasions (Invaded by Romans, Arabs, Greeks etc) and calamities that enriched their psyche and challenged them to build an empire. Likewise the Turks also had to endure constant pushing and pulling from enemies in Asia and Europe (Turkey being invaded by Arabs, Mongols, Crusaders etc.) Their tug-of-war inspiring and fermenting an empire decades later specifically the Ottoman empire.

The Philippines was like these countries but has the potential to be more. Having been invaded by many nations; militarily, culturally or economically borne from several continents spanning in fact the whole world: Spain, America, Japan, India, China, Mexico & Arabia yet miraculously our group of islands manages to survive and gain independence despite the overwhelming odds stacked against it. Thus forming an unbreakable bond which unites the countries, continents and culture groups of the world yet unique unto itself. Not unlike those other examples which were just invaded by neighbors but where still enriched enough by it but we are still in the pre-germination stage though. But I think the more the Philippines suffers, the more rot and decay it undergoes the greater it's potential.

Just like how the dead carcass of animals, plants or fecal matter feeds the fields of wheat ensuring a golden harvest, destroyed and decaying institutions always fertilizes a new society.

With the peerless history of our sacred soil we have much potential and as long as we hold true and learn from our mistakes (which is a damn lot) soon the seeds of greatness will burst forth.

All we need to do is to remember.

I can feel it my bones. Really. I think we can be a great power.

This post has been edited by Shambhalista: Mar 13 2009, 09:16 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mephisto
post Mar 13 2009, 08:39 PM
Post #2

AF Geek
Group Icon

QUOTE(Shambhalista @ Mar 13 2009, 10:17 PM) [snapback]4164176[/snapback]

That's the spirit heheh icon_wink.gif

Ano na naman to Shambs? but yeah, i like you intriguing topics biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
williams101cc
post Mar 13 2009, 08:56 PM
Post #3

AF Fan
Group Icon

Hello how are you today am Mr. Williams form London …My wife needed an au pair to work for her at home is very urgent

I hope you can contact her..Here is her email address : cottonv47@yahoo.com

Take care

+Quote Post
orient
post Mar 13 2009, 11:36 PM
Post #4

AF Pro
Group Icon

Shambhalista is pathetic as ever laugh.gif

+Quote Post
trismegistos
post Mar 14 2009, 01:41 AM
Post #5

AF Pro
Group Icon

Elementary pa lang naririnig ko na sa mga matatanda na New Jerusalem daw ang Pilipinas. May mga kulto naman sa visayas at mindanao, dito daw lumapag ang Noah's ark o yung lost tribes of israel.

Sabi nila dating Lemuria.

Those info are getting mainstream already with the recently concluded First Alamat Conference sponsored by UP headed by Prof. Grace P. Odal. With Speakers such as the International luminaries like Stepen Oppenheimer, Wilhelm Solheim. All presented proofs scientifically by linguistic, genetic and cultural studies, the reality of the Sunda continent flooding, and migrations from Southeast Asia, Western civilization owe its existence to this EDEN IN THE EAST.

Who knows what exciting future, Filipinos will play a role in the coming Earth changes.

+Quote Post
godamit
post Mar 14 2009, 03:21 AM
Post #6

AF Fan
Group Icon

bullsh1t our history is boring and pathetic it is up to us and future generations to make it exciting and great.

+Quote Post
AlfonsoCastro
post Mar 14 2009, 05:08 AM
Post #7

AF Fiend
Group Icon

Oh for chrissakes, you know I was banned here coz of you, and guess what. You're back again, rehashing those pathetic topics again. Sigh, this is somewhat disheartening, we are being fu-ked with pseudo-historians here who has an inferiority complex and will jump at any goddam conspiracy threads.

How disheartning

+Quote Post
Shambhalista
post Mar 14 2009, 08:49 AM
Post #8

AF Geek
Group Icon

QUOTE(orient @ Mar 14 2009, 12:36 PM) [snapback]4164362[/snapback]
Shambhalista is pathetic as ever laugh.gif

Im fed up listening to your bull$hit. From now on everytime you post spam or just march into a thread just to insult me I'm going to report you. If you keep being nasty and rude youll eventually get banned.

+Quote Post
Shambhalista
post Mar 14 2009, 08:50 AM
Post #9

AF Geek
Group Icon

QUOTE(trismegistos @ Mar 14 2009, 02:41 PM) [snapback]4164505[/snapback]
Elementary pa lang naririnig ko na sa mga matatanda na New Jerusalem daw ang Pilipinas. May mga kulto naman sa visayas at mindanao, dito daw lumapag ang Noah's ark o yung lost tribes of israel.

Sabi nila dating Lemuria.

Those info are getting mainstream already with the recently concluded First Alamat Conference sponsored by UP headed by Prof. Grace P. Odal. With Speakers such as the International luminaries like Stepen Oppenheimer, Wilhelm Solheim. All presented proofs scientifically by linguistic, genetic and cultural studies, the reality of the Sunda continent flooding, and migrations from Southeast Asia, Western civilization owe its existence to this EDEN IN THE EAST.

Who knows what exciting future, Filipinos will play a role in the coming Earth changes.

Yeah nakaka intruiging nah merong scientific evidence nah Eden o part nang sunken Atlantis ang Pilipinas.
Eh pati ang U.P. nag reresearch nah nang tantalizing theories nah toh.

+Quote Post
Shambhalista
post Mar 14 2009, 08:52 AM
Post #10

AF Geek
Group Icon

QUOTE(godamit @ Mar 14 2009, 04:21 PM) [snapback]4164594[/snapback]
bullsh1t our history is boring and pathetic it is up to us and future generations to make it exciting and great.

WTF? Are you on drugs or something?
Philippine history is always wracked in wars or revolutions once every couple of decades. Tell me how the hell is it booring?
I know it's pathetic but it's hell of-a exciting.

+Quote Post
godamit
post Mar 14 2009, 10:48 AM
Post #11

AF Fan
Group Icon

what im saying is that in our whole entire history there had been nothing great to look back upon, so it is up to us now to give ourselves an example.

+Quote Post
sks88
post Mar 14 2009, 11:23 AM
Post #12

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE(Shambhalista @ Mar 14 2009, 06:52 AM) [snapback]4164853[/snapback]
WTF? Are you on drugs or something?
Philippine history is always wracked in wars or revolutions once every couple of decades. Tell me how the hell is it booring?
I know it's pathetic but it's hell of-a exciting.

If you look at it from that perspective I guess it is a bit exciting.

+Quote Post
silangan
post Mar 14 2009, 02:19 PM
Post #13

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE(Shambhalista @ Mar 14 2009, 09:49 AM) [snapback]4164850[/snapback]
Im fed up listening to your bull$hit. From now on everytime you post spam or just march into a thread just to insult me I'm going to report you. If you keep being nasty and rude youll eventually get banned.

Sham,

Nahihiya kasi sila sa mga pino post mo. Muka kasing hindi kapani-paniwala. Sa akin lang, para hindi sila ma- irita, wag mo masyadong gawing spectacular ang dating. At saka lagyan mo ng maraming suporta yung mga claims para mas valid.

At mas mabuti kung pakonti-konti lang. Pag masyadong mahaba ang post, hindi na nababasa lahat.

Binabasa ko rin yung mga post mo.

At natural lang na may sasalungat sa yo

Pero may sasang- ayon din kaya patas lang.

+Quote Post
krocodile
post Mar 14 2009, 02:56 PM
Post #14

AF Fan
Group Icon

Shambalista, while I can't agree with all the many theories you've posted here I admire your spirit and the fact that your aren't brainwashed and yoked with inferiority complex like most Filipinos...sigh.

For sure, the history is much more than what we've been told, but Filipinos are passive and like to bend over and...well you know!

+Quote Post
islander
post Mar 14 2009, 06:12 PM
Post #15

AF Pro
Group Icon

The Philippines has truly had a unique history. And not has violent has the other nations in Asia who have been involved in many wars. The Filipinos have really not been exposed to really destructive wars except for WW II.
That in itself make Filipinos unique. More trusting of outsiders. Am I right or wrong??

+Quote Post
Shambhalista
post Mar 14 2009, 07:28 PM
Post #16

AF Geek
Group Icon

QUOTE(AlfonsoCastro @ Mar 14 2009, 06:08 PM) [snapback]4164706[/snapback]
Oh for chrissakes, you know I was banned here coz of you, and guess what. You're back again, rehashing those pathetic topics again. Sigh, this is somewhat disheartening, we are being fu-ked with pseudo-historians here who has an inferiority complex and will jump at any goddam conspiracy threads.

How disheartning

If you haven't noticed. I ain't posting conspiracy theories no more. The threads I made right now are solidly backed by scholarly or scientific evidence.

+Quote Post
Shambhalista
post Mar 14 2009, 07:49 PM
Post #17

AF Geek
Group Icon

QUOTE(godamit @ Mar 14 2009, 11:48 PM) [snapback]4164930[/snapback]
what im saying is that in our whole entire history there had been nothing great to look back upon, so it is up to us now to give ourselves an example.

Nothing great? confused.gif
Just look at the exploits of Jose Rizal or the accomplishments of our prehispanic island-states.

Our historical supremacy in trade which was LOST.

According to sources at the time, the trade in large native Rusun-tsukuri (literally Luzon made in Japanese) clay jars used for storing green tea and rice wine with Japan flourished in the 12th century, and local Tagalog and Kapampangan potters had marked each jar with Baybayin letters denoting the particular urn used and the locale the jars were manufactured in.[4][5] Of this flourishing trade, the Burnay jars of Ilocos are the only large clay jar manufactured in Luzon today with origins from this time.

The Spanish arrival in the 16th century saw the breaking up of these kingdoms and the establishment of the Philippines with its capital Cebu, which was moved to Manila following the defeat of the local Rajah Sulayman in 1570.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luzon#History

Or the miracle of the Philippine Revolution.

Our accomplishments are just frustrated, because we had the unfortunate luck of warring with every imperial superpower since the 11th Century.
But that will make our eventual victory all the much sweeter.

This post has been edited by Shambhalista: Mar 14 2009, 07:54 PM

+Quote Post
Shambhalista
post Mar 14 2009, 07:56 PM
Post #18

AF Geek
Group Icon

QUOTE(sks88 @ Mar 15 2009, 12:23 AM) [snapback]4164965[/snapback]
If you look at it from that perspective I guess it is a bit exciting.

It aint a bit exciting is VERY exciting!

+Quote Post
Shambhalista
post Mar 14 2009, 08:00 PM
Post #19

AF Geek
Group Icon

QUOTE(krocodile @ Mar 15 2009, 03:56 AM) [snapback]4165110[/snapback]
Shambalista, while I can't agree with all the many theories you've posted here I admire your spirit and the fact that your aren't brainwashed and yoked with inferiority complex like most Filipinos...sigh.

For sure, the history is much more than what we've been told, but Filipinos are passive and like to bend over and...well you know!

Thank You. Also I dont think were passive WERE JUST CONSTANTLY OPPRESSED.
But never ever think that were passive. EVER!

Here's a small list of revolts Filipinos went through only during the Spanish times. This does not cover the revolts Filipinos experienced in prehispanic or posthipanic times.

FILIPINOS ARE ADDICTED TO REVOLUTION

* Dagami Revolt (1567)
* Manila Revolt (1574)
* Pampanga Revolt (1585)
* Conspiracy of the Maharlikas (1587-1588)
* Dingras Revolt (1589)
* Cagayan Revolt (1589)
* Magalat Revolt (1596)
* Igorot Revolt (1601)
* Irraya or Gaddang Revolt (1621)
* Tamblot Revolt (1621-1622)
* Bankaw Revolt (1621-1622)
* Isneg Revolt (1625-1627)
* CARAGA Revolt (1639)
* Cagayan Revolt (1639)
* Ladia Revolt (1643)
* Zambales Revolt (1645)
* Pampanga Revolt (1645)
* Sumuroy Revolt (1649-1650)
* Pintados Revolt (1649-1650)
* Zambal Revolt (1660)
* Maniago Revolt (1660)
* Malong Revolt (1660-1661)
* Ilocano Revolt (1661)
* Tapar Revolt (1663)
* Zambal Revolt (1681-1683)
* Rivera Revolt (1718)
* Magtanĝaga Revolt (1718)
* Caragay Revolt (1719)
* Dagohoy Revolt (1744-1829)
* Agrarian Revolts in Bulacan, Cavite, Batangas, Laguna and Morong (1745-1746)
* Palaris Revolt (1762-1765)
* Camarines Revolt (1762-1764)
* Cebu Revolt (1762-1764)
* Dabo and Marayac Revolt (1763)
* Isabela Revolt (1763)
* Lagutao Revolt (1785)
* Ilocos Norte Revolt (1788)
* Magtanong and Malibiran Revolt (1787)
* Nueva Vizcaya Revolt (1805)
* Ambaristo Revolt (1807)
* Ilocos Norte Revolt (1811)
* Sarat Revolt (1815)
* Bayot Revolt (1822)
* Parang and Upay Revolt (1822-1835)
* Pule Revolt (1840-1841)
* Camerino Revolt (1865-1869)
* Labios Revolt (1870-1871)
* Cavite Mutiny (1872)

+Quote Post
Shambhalista
post Mar 14 2009, 08:27 PM
Post #20

AF Geek
Group Icon

QUOTE(islander @ Mar 15 2009, 07:12 AM) [snapback]4165282[/snapback]
The Philippines has truly had a unique history. And not has violent has the other nations in Asia who have been involved in many wars. The Filipinos have really not been exposed to really destructive wars except for WW II.
That in itself make Filipinos unique. More trusting of outsiders. Am I right or wrong??

Have you been living under a rock? The Philippines has the most violent history in not only Asia but in the whole world.

Known Prehispanic Wars

* Sri-Vijayan conquest of the Philippines (The island group and the states of the Visayas are remnants of the Sri-Vijayan empire)
* Majapahit conquest of the Philippines (The Maharajah of Majapahit marries a Filipinos princess solidifying his rule on some of the islands)
* Attack of the Sultanate of Brunei against Luzon Empire (RESULT: Establishment of Manila as a satellite state of Brunei ruled via Muslim Rajahs,
elimination and absorption of the Luzon Dynasty, the "Lakandulas" into the Brunei Sultanate's puppet aristocracy)
* War between the Rajahnate of Cebu and the Barangay of Mactan (Rajah Humabon went to war with Datu Lapu-Lapu even before MAgellan arrived)
* Conquest of the Sultanate of Sulu against the Indianized Kingdom of Butuan (Result: 1/3 of Mindanao fell to Muslim hands which resulted into the
establishment of the Sultanate of Maguindanao)
* There are tons more! Most likely there was also a war between the Malays and the Negritos who were driven unto the forested highlands.

Wars during Magellan's arrival

* The war between the island-state of Mactan and Magellan's expeditionary forces with the Rajahnate of Cebu

Conquest of the Philippines by Miguel Lopez de Legaspi 1st Governor-General of the Philippines.

Between the periods of 1528 and 1559, he worked as a leader of the financial department council and as the civil governor of Mexico City. He was later commissioned by the viceroy, Luis de Velasco, in early 1564, to lead an expedition in the Pacific Ocean, to find the Spice Islands where the previous explorers Ferdinand Magellan, and Ruy López de Villalobos had landed in 1521 and 1543, respectively. The expedition was ordered by King Philip II of Spain, after whom the islands were eventually named. The viceroy died in July of that year, but the Audiencia and López de Legazpi completed the preparations for the expedition. On the early morning of November 21, 1564, armed with five ships and 500 soldiers, he sailed from the port of Barra de Navidad, New Spain, in what is now Jalisco state, Mexico. The expeditions were launched in Mexico with the help of Spanish flotillas and Aztec mercenaries.

This armed expeditions resulted into.

* The Conquest of Cebu
* The Conquest of Panay
* The Conquest of Manila
* The Conquest of Pampanga
* The Conquest of Zamboanga

Philippine ethnic groups who resisted Spanish incursion

* The Igorots
* The Ivatan
* The Tausug
* So much more...

Major Revolts in the Spanish Period (1567-1872)

* Dagami Revolt (1567)
* Manila Revolt (1574)
* Pampanga Revolt (1585)
* Conspiracy of the Maharlikas (1587-1588)
* Dingras Revolt (1589)
* Cagayan Revolt (1589)
* Magalat Revolt (1596)
* Igorot Revolt (1601)
* Irraya or Gaddang Revolt (1621)
* Tamblot Revolt (1621-1622)
* Bankaw Revolt (1621-1622)
* Isneg Revolt (1625-1627)
* CARAGA Revolt (1639)
* Cagayan Revolt (1639)
* Ladia Revolt (1643)
* Zambales Revolt (1645)
* Pampanga Revolt (1645)
* Sumuroy Revolt (1649-1650)
* Pintados Revolt (1649-1650)
* Zambal Revolt (1660)
* Maniago Revolt (1660)
* Malong Revolt (1660-1661)
* Ilocano Revolt (1661)
* Tapar Revolt (1663)
* Zambal Revolt (1681-1683)
* Rivera Revolt (1718)
* Magtanĝaga Revolt (1718)
* Caragay Revolt (1719)
* Dagohoy Revolt (1744-1829)
* Agrarian Revolts in Bulacan, Cavite, Batangas, Laguna and Morong (1745-1746)
* Palaris Revolt (1762-1765)
* Camarines Revolt (1762-1764)
* Cebu Revolt (1762-1764)
* Dabo and Marayac Revolt (1763)
* Isabela Revolt (1763)
* Lagutao Revolt (1785)
* Ilocos Norte Revolt (1788)
* Magtanong and Malibiran Revolt (1787)
* Nueva Vizcaya Revolt (1805)
* Ambaristo Revolt (1807)
* Ilocos Norte Revolt (1811)
* Sarat Revolt (1815)
* Bayot Revolt (1822)
* Parang and Upay Revolt (1822-1835)
* Pule Revolt (1840-1841)
* Camerino Revolt (1865-1869)
* Labios Revolt (1870-1871)
* Cavite Mutiny (1872)

Moro (Muslim Wars) Campaign (1569-1898)

* Battle of Cebu (1569)
* Spanish-Moro Incident (1570)
* Jolo Holy War (1578-1580)
* Cotabato Revolt (1597)
* Spanish-Moro Incident (1602)
* Basilan Revolt (1614)
* Kudarat Revolt (1625)
* Battle of Jolo (1628)
* Sulu Revolt (1628)
* Lanao Lamitan Revolt (1637)
* Battle of Punta Flechas (1638)
* Sultan Bungsu Revolt (1638)
* Mindanao Revolt (1638)
* Lanao Revolt (1639)
* Sultan Salibansa Revolt (1639)
* Corralat Revolt (1649)
* Spanish-Moro Incident (1876)

Chinese Insurrections (1603-1675)

* First Chinese Insurrection (1603)
* Second Chinese Insurrection (1639-1640)
* Third Chinese Insurrection (1675)

Seven Years' War or the British Occupations of the Philippines. (1756-1763)

* Battle of Manila (1762)
* Silang Revolt (1762-1763)
- Diego Silang
- Gabriela Silang

Cochinchina Campaign (1858-1862)

* Siege of Đà Nẵng (1858)[1]
* Siege of Saigon (1859-1861)[1]

Philippine Revolution (1896-1898)

* Cry of Pugadlawin.
* Battle of Binakayan
* Battle of Dalahican

Spanish–American War (1898)

* Battle of Manila Bay
* Battle of Manila
* Siege of Baler

Philippine–American War (1899-1913)

* Siege of Catubig
* Battle of Tirad Pass
* Battle of Pulang Lupa
* Battle of Paye
* Battle of Makahambus Hill
* Battle of Mabitac
* Battle of Balangiga

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_hist...the_Philippines

This is just a small incomplete list of a tiny fraction of the wars the Filipinos went through before World War 2.
LOL despite having the one of the most violent history in the world. Were still cordial and hospitable to our invaders. biggthumpup.gif

This post has been edited by Shambhalista: Mar 14 2009, 08:51 PM

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 12:49 PM