AsiaFinest Forum
Ad: 123Designing.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

56 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Philippines: Wealthiest Nation on Earth?, Following Shambhalista's Dubai Philippine gold
azaz
post Apr 27 2009, 09:00 PM
Post #41

AF Geek
Group Icon

Group: Members

Another entry in the Pasay City Court Document is half million pieces of 10 carat diamonds. Is there anyone who knows how much it's worth?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ShambhalistaLVL5
post Apr 28 2009, 04:26 AM
Post #42

AF Fan
Group Icon

QUOTE(alexandra @ Apr 26 2009, 01:39 PM) [snapback]4209353[/snapback]
Marcos had Imelda seduce Lopez( & I do mean.. wink.. wink..) to b e his running mate as VP as they wanted his money as well as his press outlets-- to work for him not against .. for his first run.

And they betrayed the Lopezes the moment they were in power. Capturing Meralco and such.
I know this cause my Godmother and my elementary classmates are Lopezes.

+Quote Post
Ek-ek
post Apr 28 2009, 04:40 AM
Post #43

AF Supreme
Group Icon

All those imaginary dollars and diamonds stories makes everyone wonder how rich our country is??????

Or should we say fiction?

+Quote Post
azaz
post Apr 29 2009, 09:50 PM
Post #44

AF Geek
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ek-ek @ Apr 28 2009, 04:40 AM) [snapback]4211138[/snapback]
All those imaginary dollars and diamonds stories makes everyone wonder how rich our country is??????

Or should we say fiction?

Fiction is not based on a Philippine Court Document.

+Quote Post
azaz
post Apr 29 2009, 10:38 PM
Post #45

AF Geek
Group Icon

Ok below is an article on Fr. Marcelino Tagle:

Fr. MarcelinoTagle, the first
clergyman to be named to the prestigious Ten
Outstanding Young Men (TOYM) award
for
humanitarian services, reiterated that: “It is absolutely
essential for the heirs and legatees to come together and
settle conflicting claims by acting as one.” Tagle believes
that this is still possible by way of an out-of-court
settlement with the Marcoses, in order to get the full
cooperation of other trustees and nominees, particularly
those who are in possession of original copies of
documents, i.e., gold certificates and deposit slips.
Tagle likewise proposed that all those involved in
the recovery effort be given assurance by the Philippine
government that no form of harassment or prosecution
will be instigated against them. He went on to suggest
that they be granted immunity from paying taxes, so
long as a major portion of the assets is used to directly
assist the Filipino people in whatever way is best,
including settlement of the country’s external debts.
For Tagle, the time to act is now. “In view of the
latest developments on the Jewish frozen accounts, the
decision of the Swiss government requiring Swiss banks
to find the rightful owners of questionable assets and
return it to them, the Philippine recovery efforts can
now have a greater chance of success,” says Tagle.
However, the move “requires a genuine spirit of
selflessness, transparency, fairness, and above all,
accurate information on each and every account.” In
short, what is badly needed are qualities which the
participants in the gold hunt are known to be incapable
of possessing, as amply demonstrated in the
ignominious plan called “Operation Big Bird”.
recover them without collecting the various pieces (of
the puzzle).” Tagle likewise disclosed that foundations
were used to hide the accounts amounting to a
whopping “$50 Trillion”.“Sta. Romana, when he was alive, had bequeathed,
on behalf of the Filipino people, substantial quantities of
gold bars,” reveals Tagle. According to an Italian
lawyer informant of Tagle, he personally saw piles of
gold bars inside the UBS bank vault stamped “Marcos
Gold”, “Filipino People’s Gold”, or “Generals’ Gold”.
Tagle’s testimony jives with the findings of
Rigoberto Tiglao of the Far Eastern Economic
Review. In 1978, U.S. syndicated columnist Jack
Anderson cited a 1000-page State Department
document detailing Marcos’ plan “to recover the
Yama$hita Treasure”. He even quoted an eyewitness
who earlier claimed to have been shown “a room filled
with gold bars in the dictator’s summer palace”.
Nine years later, in 1987, William Scott Malone of
the British Broadcasting Company (BBC) was
commissioned to write an investigative paper on the
Marcos Gold Hoard. In that article, Malone arrived
at the conclusion that the Filipino strongman “did
ship out of the Philippines, somewhere between 10
metric tons and 50 metric tons of gold bullion.” But
it was Britain’s newspaper, Guardian, that first
claimed in 1994 that about “1,200 tons of Marcos
gold were stashed in Switzerland.”
Summing up his testimony, Tagle, the first
clergyman to be named to the prestigious Ten
Outstanding Young Men (TOYM) award for
humanitarian services, reiterated what this writer
already stated earlier in this series: “It is absolutely
essential for the heirs and legatees to come together and
settle conflicting claims by acting as one.” Tagle believes
that this is still possible by way of an out-of-court
settlement with the Marcoses, in order to get the full
cooperation of other trustees and nominees, particularly
those who are in possession of original copies of
documents, i.e., gold certificates and deposit slips.
Tagle likewise proposed that all those involved in
the recovery effort be given assurance by the Philippine
government that no form of harassment or prosecution
will be instigated against them. He went on to suggest
that they be granted immunity from paying taxes, so
long as a major portion of the assets is used to directly
assist the Filipino people in whatever way is best,
including settlement of the country’s external debts.
For Tagle, the time to act is now. “In view of the
latest developments on the Jewish frozen accounts, the
decision of the Swiss government requiring Swiss banks
to find the rightful owners of questionable assets and
return it to them, the Philippine recovery efforts can
now have a greater chance of success,” says Tagle.
However, the move “requires a genuine spirit of
selflessness, transparency, fairness, and above all,
accurate information on each and every account.”
In
short, what is badly needed are qualities which the
participants in the gold hunt are known to be incapable
of possessing, as amply demonstrated in the
ignominious plan called “Operation Big Bird”.

+Quote Post
NeoVxR
post Apr 30 2009, 08:13 PM
Post #46

AF Fiend
Group Icon

throwing governmental money on the weak buying force will create just another bubble and level of debt.
in this context gold is just another type of currency and help nothing but serve some limited interests of the owner.
gold owners can become bigger land owners, when they are land lords already.

the only thing that helps is restructuring of the product palette, away from luxury goods towards resource-friendly basic demand, and employing the masses in this process.
second step is a different paradigm of redistribution, when goods without buyers are piled on one side, and masses who are not required for all that production and can afford nada, on the other side.

+Quote Post
azaz
post May 1 2009, 07:45 PM
Post #47

AF Geek
Group Icon

QUOTE(NeoVxR @ Apr 30 2009, 08:13 PM) [snapback]4214165[/snapback]
throwing governmental money on the weak buying force will create just another bubble and level of debt.
in this context gold is just another type of currency and help nothing but serve some limited interests of the owner.
gold owners can become bigger land owners, when they are land lords already.

the only thing that helps is restructuring of the product palette, away from luxury goods towards resource-friendly basic demand, and employing the masses in this process.
second step is a different paradigm of redistribution, when goods without buyers are piled on one side, and masses who are not required for all that production and can afford nada, on the other side.

One suggestion was to give monthly pension to every Filipino based on its net proceeds. Just like natives of Alaska receive from its fossil oil resources.

+Quote Post
NeoVxR
post May 2 2009, 11:39 AM
Post #48

AF Fiend
Group Icon

QUOTE(azaz @ May 2 2009, 02:45 AM) [snapback]4215439[/snapback]
One suggestion was to give monthly pension to every Filipino based on its net proceeds. Just like natives of Alaska receive from its fossil oil resources.

I see, but let's remind the concept has to be sustainable. that's one big challenge more.
the alaska thing though is about a minority in a huge and wealthy country.

+Quote Post
Suzuka00
post May 2 2009, 11:59 AM
Post #49

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE(alexandra @ Apr 23 2009, 03:15 PM) [snapback]4206406[/snapback]
no!!!! once again-- you didn't get it.

what I said-- has nothing to do with quality of gold in Phil, far from it. It has nothing to do with any of what you said at all.

Gold -- & what's available in the world market are all numbered & marked. As I used the diamonds market-- DeBeers makes sure there's not too much or many flooding the market to keep the prices of diamonds up.. same with gold.. AND gold through the centuries have gone through an evolution the way it's processed.. which means- if 24 ct whatever.. before-- now, it's 18?? there's a uniformity of gold that's available in the open market that's on sale..
and what's in circulation.. hence, why marked & numbered.

why, all this Marcos gold was useless for him-- as far as turning it into cash .. he couldn't sell it & put it into circulation.. get it??? From what I heard from this man.. this gold stash would have affected the gold market.. it also proved.. it's old gold... unacceptible.. there are experts-- one look at it-- they already knew the origin of it & which century.

there are very stringent laws with these things-- minerals, diamonds, gems-- it's heavily watched ... as it affects the world market.. you cannot just unfold these things in the open market.. they keep records.

as for Phil rich in minerals?? of course, it is-- just too bad it's never been properly mined & those who did-- they pocketed it for themselves-- just like Saddam did pocketing the oil revenue for himself & cronies.. when it belonged to the nation.

the sad History of Phil really is-- as much as these Filipino politicians criticised the Colonisers for exploiting that country for it's natural wealth??? once ,it got it's independence?? & they got into power-- THEY WERE DOING THE SAME THING.. in the worse WORSE WAYS.. & that's more despicable in my book-- raping your own people & making them live in depravity is the ultimate sin.. hell even Hitler was 'ideslistic' for Germany & the Aryan race-- as far as that went..

it's a whole nasty business I tell you.. I'm glad we left-- as they would have thrown me in Jail-- I tell you.. as I always speak my mind.. I' would have toe to toe with wretched Marcos.

once these riches are used the recession will worsen because the riches become more common,the law of supply and demand.

+Quote Post
Pogpog
post May 2 2009, 12:00 PM
Post #50

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE(azaz @ May 2 2009, 04:45 AM) [snapback]4215439[/snapback]

and make all filipinos indolent instead of just about 40% of the population. we're all going to become 'juan tamad'.

btw, that 40% unproductive filipinos i pulled out of my @$$ is based on the current performance of all politician in the country like the senate and the house of rapist-sentatives.

+Quote Post
higher
post May 2 2009, 12:11 PM
Post #51

AF Addict
Group Icon

would phillipines prefer chinese management of your finances? detective.gif

+Quote Post
NeoVxR
post May 2 2009, 10:03 PM
Post #52

AF Fiend
Group Icon

ah I see, in package with the endosulphate management! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
azaz
post May 3 2009, 05:16 AM
Post #53

AF Geek
Group Icon

It may or may not make Filipinos indolent. But ideas are welcome aside from the pension suggestion.

+Quote Post
azaz
post May 4 2009, 08:49 PM
Post #54

AF Geek
Group Icon

In the book of F.Sionil Jose, VIBORA, he mentioned a certain Fred Lang who related about a certain Japanese during WW2 stationed in China who managed to bring huge amount of diamonds to Japan. This Japanese built a gambling machine, supported politicians and eventually went to building industries in Japan. Fred Lang wanted point out, that if ever the so called Yama$hita treasure is found, it should remain here and use for the rebuilding of the Philippines just like the diamonds that helped rebuilt Japan.

+Quote Post
taybenco
post May 5 2009, 01:06 AM
Post #55

AF Fiend
Group Icon

good to see that somebody else read VIBORA

azaz, prior to that i think the gold was also used by MacArthur to fund anti-communist activites in China, Japan, Thailand - like mentioned in Sterling Seagraves Yama$hitas Gold. To keep everybody's feet on the ground, the gold was (partially) looted from around SEA and deposited in the Philippines by the Japanese, since american submarines made it impossible to transport it directly to Japan. So expect the Indonesians and Malaysians to ask for their cut...some of it can then be put into an ASEAN treasury to finance a regional army (like NATO) and educational institutions.

apart from the pension scheme, i would just take a simple solution - half of it as a downpayment, everybody gets a one time handout (thus making perpetual indolence very unlikely), while half is used to back the currency reserves- thus creating inflation and deflation at the same time, and shoring up the international standing.

This post has been edited by taybenco: May 5 2009, 01:12 AM

+Quote Post
trismegistos
post May 5 2009, 04:46 AM
Post #56

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE(taybenco @ May 5 2009, 01:06 AM) [snapback]4220153[/snapback]
good to see that somebody else read VIBORA

azaz, prior to that i think the gold was also used by MacArthur to fund anti-communist activites in China, Japan, Thailand - like mentioned in Sterling Seagraves Yama$hitas Gold. To keep everybody's feet on the ground, the gold was (partially) looted from around SEA and deposited in the Philippines by the Japanese, since american submarines made it impossible to transport it directly to Japan. So expect the Indonesians and Malaysians to ask for their cut...some of it can then be put into an ASEAN treasury to finance a regional army (like NATO) and educational institutions.

apart from the pension scheme, i would just take a simple solution - half of it as a downpayment, everybody gets a one time handout (thus making perpetual indolence very unlikely), while half is used to back the currency reserves- thus creating inflation and deflation at the same time, and shoring up the international standing.

kinda strange about this yama$hita hoax concocted by cia sponsored authors like seagrave, their premise that these treasures were looted around southeast asia's various kingdoms. and yet no royal families in southeast asia are lodging as claimants to the international courts to the supposed yama$hita gold unearthed by jose antonio diaz and ferdinand marcos then becoming the citibank accounts of santaromana.

those golden buddha unearthed by certain rogelio roxas then sequestered by marcos and other huge amounts of treasures or gold bars unearthed beneath intramuros, clark air base and throughout central luzon are obviously accumulated wealth in the spice and gold trade of our buddhist srivijayan(zabag) and majapahitan(selurung or lusung or golden luzon) ancestors.

their main character jose antonio diaz was made to appear as a triple agent of the vatican, sulu sultanate and the oss or the cia forerunner.

+Quote Post
azaz
post May 5 2009, 08:37 PM
Post #57

AF Geek
Group Icon

F. Sionil Jose aka Benjamin Singkol wrote VIBORA to awaken us Filipinos in this era who always forget the past and thus have no sense of a nation. When Gen. Homma arrived in the Philippines, his first impression of the Filipino was of someone devoid of spirit and no sense of his past. Three years later, Gen. Yama$hita, while in the mountains of Cordillera fleeing the USAFFE forces, in front of Gen. Ricarte, sighed the same. And F. Sionil Jose, almost half a century after the war, a victim of Japanese brutality, a Filipino soldier who pursued Yama$hita, writer and patriot, also still feel today what Homma and Yama$hita felt before. As for the Yama$hita and Philippine gold, someone said they were distinct and Fr. Antonio Diaz (aka Severino Garcia Santa Romana) was invokved in both. But studying this distinction, if there is, needs a step forward. A step away from close mindedness and self-imposed ignorance.

+Quote Post
azaz
post May 8 2009, 10:13 PM
Post #58

AF Geek
Group Icon

I see that views are increasing in this topic. Don't be shy to post comments. Those who hold original gold certificates, trustees and nominees, as Fr. Tagle enumerated, may also be reading this topic and wanting to know what their fellow Filipinos think and get ideas that might put back on track the so called Philippine Recovery effort.

+Quote Post
zhengchenggong
post May 8 2009, 10:25 PM
Post #59

AF Geek
Group Icon

Wow Filipinos. Why don't you guys actually work to develop your country instead of finding different ways to measure your wealth and make you appear richer?

The Philippines is third world and not going anywhere. This ain't going to change.

+Quote Post
azaz
post May 8 2009, 10:49 PM
Post #60

AF Geek
Group Icon

QUOTE(zhengchenggong @ May 8 2009, 10:25 PM) [snapback]4224887[/snapback]
Wow Filipinos. Why don't you guys actually work to develop your country instead of finding different ways to measure your wealth and make you appear richer?

The Philippines is third world and not going anywhere. This ain't going to change.

Thanks for the post. I hope that gets adrenaline high.

+Quote Post

56 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 12:15 PM