Reply to this topicStart new topic
Anyone else can't find a job???
breakfastcrew
post Apr 24 2009, 01:48 AM
Post #1

AF Geek
Group Icon

Group: Members

man this sucks I am graduating in June and I can't even get a single job interview. I feel like my college degree is crap. Anyone else in a similar situation.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
illegalvirus
post Apr 24 2009, 02:17 AM
Post #2

AF Geek
Group Icon

I have a job as a volunteer at Red Cross. You should see if those sorts of volunteer organizations have any positions. Some of them are paid.

+Quote Post
Hi Tone
post Apr 24 2009, 03:04 AM
Post #3

AF Pro
Group Icon

the military is always hiring

+Quote Post
Ties
post Apr 24 2009, 12:20 PM
Post #4

AF Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE(breakfastcrew @ Apr 24 2009, 01:48 AM) [snapback]4206769[/snapback]
man this sucks I am graduating in June and I can't even get a single job interview. I feel like my college degree is crap. Anyone else in a similar situation.

Right here -raisehand
I've had a few job interviews but all of them just stole an hour of my life and never gave
anything in return. I've still got a year of school left tho and supposedly now is the best time
to be in school. If you can't find a job I'd say volunteer to get experience or try grad school.

Also don't feel bad, a lot of people I know are in the same situation. Our career fair was
extremely depressing in that the companies there explicitly stated that they were taking
resumes but weren't going to conduct ANY interviews.

This post has been edited by Ties: Apr 24 2009, 12:23 PM

+Quote Post
jobocom
post Apr 24 2009, 04:57 PM
Post #5

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE(breakfastcrew @ Apr 24 2009, 01:48 AM) [snapback]4206769[/snapback]

Like the first guy said, try volunteering. I'm going to volunteer at the Cancer center serving lunches. I don't know if that will help me find a job later on but something will happen.

And by the way college degree IS crap in many cases. Notice, the bulk of jobs are about serving people and making stuff, ..
That's why i'm going to go into the apprentice program offered by the WIA program thing. You can get on the job training while earning minimum wage.
But at least you get something

+Quote Post
georgebuffet
post Jul 13 2009, 01:26 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Hi There !!

Job searching is very important. You can try with some recruitment agnecies, they can help you. But you must choose those who are getting their commission from employers.

Hope it helps icon_smile.gif

+Quote Post
Federico
post Jul 15 2009, 05:01 PM
Post #7

AF Guru
Group Icon

The secret is volunteering and knowing people. I've had a few friends land jobs by just volunteering to work for free at places. Also, doing some social networking never hurts.

+Quote Post
jambotart
post Aug 9 2009, 06:36 AM
Post #8

AF Fan
Group Icon

QUOTE (Dalun @ Jul 22 2009, 10:25 PM) *
im making some extra side cash working online. about extra $200 a week along with my part-time job

pm me if you want some info

Same here. In fact I gave up my day job about a year ago and I do online (and offline) marketing full time now. I actually enjoy it more than my old office job. I am looking for agents to help me out in some Asian and US cities so if anyone is interested please pm me and I'll send you an info pack.

+Quote Post
sks88
post Aug 12 2009, 09:15 PM
Post #9

AF Pro
Group Icon

< me. im tryna get employment on campus but not much luck icon_sad.gif ima keep tryin though

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st October 2014 - 06:15 AM