Closed TopicStart new topic
Forum & Blog has been updated.
Ben
post May 11 2009, 03:36 PM
Post #1

AsiaFinest C.E.O.
Group Icon

Group: Admin

the forum and blog has been updated. I am now testing some of the new features for the blog. Will post more details soon.

Updates to the forum so far:

1) PM has been limited to one per 15 mins to prevent spam bots from spamming everyone. I will remove this limit for people who have reached a certain post number soon. This PM Flood Control does not affect admin or mods at this time.

2) Blog now has the ability to play videos, songs, etc.. WITHIN the blog post. All New Blog features will be posted in my blog: Check it out here:

http://www.asiafinest.com/forum/index.php?...;showentry=1046

3) There is now an About Me page on your profile. Instead of showing your recent topics first, it shows your "About Me" page. So go check out your profile page(by clicking on your name) and edit it. Your signature is shown by default.

4) I have now enabled personal picture uploads again. Max size is 10KB.

5) New registrations sign ups are tougher for bots using the new span prevention features. Hopefully this slows down the amount of automated spam that the forum has been getting.

5) New Layout Template: I might switch to the new layout soon. Testing it out now. Noticed a few errors. Should be help load the page slightly faster.

more features to come as i find and test them.

Please let me know if you encounter any bugs.

There is a major forum and blog update coming soon. It'll be completely revamped.. Right now it's still in beta.. Once it gets out of beta, I'll wait a month or two till some of the bugs are sorted out. In the mean time.. this is the most updated stable version out.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Maverick1
post May 11 2009, 07:49 PM
Post #2

AF Pro
Group Icon

Group: Members

hey ben you know you got two of the same smiley? just shouting out... here it is embarassedlaugh.gif2 embarassedlaugh.gif. The number 2 smiley suppose to be the yellow laughing one.

This post has been edited by Maverick1: May 11 2009, 07:51 PM

+Quote Post
Ben
post May 12 2009, 01:02 AM
Post #3

AsiaFinest C.E.O.
Group Icon

You sure i have two of this smiley? embarassedlaugh.gif I don't see where it repeats when i hit show all.

+Quote Post
Maverick1
post May 12 2009, 08:33 AM
Post #4

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (Ben @ May 12 2009, 12:32 PM) *
You sure i have two of this smiley? embarassedlaugh.gif I don't see where it repeats when i hit show all.

If you hit this smiley embarassedlaugh.gif and go to the next page and hit the big yellow laughing one,(with no teeth showing, last row down, in the middle) and you get the same smiley. icon_wink.gif, you have to press submit post in order to see it . just letting you know icon_smile.gif, no big deal..

This post has been edited by Maverick1: May 12 2009, 09:42 AM

+Quote Post
AEROFORCE1
post May 12 2009, 09:33 PM
Post #5

AF Elite
Group Icon

Good Job Ben ,but if this forum can play VDO from insert youtube tag that will be more interesting biggthumpup.gif

+Quote Post
Ben
post May 12 2009, 11:37 PM
Post #6

AsiaFinest C.E.O.
Group Icon

QUOTE (Maverick1 @ May 12 2009, 10:33 AM) *
If you hit this smiley embarassedlaugh.gif and go to the next page and hit the big yellow laughing one,(with no teeth showing, last row down, in the middle) and you get the same smiley. icon_wink.gif, you have to press submit post in order to see it . just letting you know icon_smile.gif, no big deal..

Good to know. I'll check it out. beerchug.gif

QUOTE (AEROFORCE1 @ May 12 2009, 11:33 PM) *
Good Job Ben ,but if this forum can play VDO from insert youtube tag that will be more interesting biggthumpup.gif

That feature might come in the next upgrade. But can you give me a site where this is used so that i can see an example of it?

+Quote Post
Ralf
post May 13 2009, 01:27 AM
Post #7

AF Guru
Group Icon

Group: AF Forum Police

QUOTE (Maverick1 @ May 12 2009, 11:33 PM) *
I can report the same bug with this smiley.
I made a post using the yellow smiley, but when someone replied to me, it was reproduced as the blue smiley with a number "2" beside it.
You can check out my original post and the reply post here : http://www.asiafinest.com/forum/index.php?...t&p=4227600

+Quote Post
Ben
post May 13 2009, 08:06 AM
Post #8

AsiaFinest C.E.O.
Group Icon

Thanks for letting me know. I will check it out. Not sure why it's doing that now. Did you guys noticed less spam since the upgrade?

update: Will be using a different theme for the forum starting tonight

update2: seems like I'm ahead of schedule.. using the new theme already.. Slight changes.. supposely loads faster.. if a member has a blog, it'll show up when you click the member's name pull down menu.

Let me know if you guys notice any errors.

+Quote Post
Cha
post May 13 2009, 12:56 PM
Post #9

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE (Ben @ May 13 2009, 01:37 PM) *
That feature might come in the next upgrade. But can you give me a site where this is used so that i can see an example of it?

Unfortunately, those forums that I know of are private, and I don't want to lure any troublemakers to that site.

Here's another that I googled: http://www.autocult.com.au/Post.aspx?id=31

Btw- this forum is quick. I like it.

+Quote Post
Ben
post May 13 2009, 01:10 PM
Post #10

AsiaFinest C.E.O.
Group Icon

Oh.. Yeah the blogs can do that now. Check out my blog for examples of ALL the media that you can link to: Ben's AF Blog Cool Stuff

In the next upgrade (and it's a major one), the forum will be able to do what the blog does in any post. icon_wink.gif

+Quote Post
Cha
post May 13 2009, 01:28 PM
Post #11

AF Guru
Group Icon

Great! I'm beginning to feel positive about this forum. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
bucket
post May 13 2009, 02:20 PM
Post #12

AF Fiend
Group Icon

^likewise. looks great! beerchug.gif

+Quote Post
mushrooms
post May 13 2009, 09:02 PM
Post #13

AF Pro
Group Icon

THANKS BEN! I really like the new skin! Aoppreciate your work. THanks man.

+Quote Post
AEROFORCE1
post May 13 2009, 09:38 PM
Post #14

AF Elite
Group Icon

QUOTE (Ben @ May 13 2009, 11:37 AM) *
Good to know. I'll check it out. beerchug.gif

Dont know how this site can post the VDO ,its the different style board (static one)

http://topicstock.pantip.com/wahkor/topics...8/X7224338.html

At the reply 1 he used the code like this.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kz-kSfkaI2I&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kz-kSfkaI2I&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

By the way the design of the board right now look better and load faster. beerchug.gif

+Quote Post
Crystallised Dre...
post May 13 2009, 11:07 PM
Post #15

AF Guru
Group Icon

I was like 'what in the world?' when I saw the new forum skin uploading before me. I don't mind the flatness, but I guess the dull colour palette got into me.

However with the faster upload I think I'm beginning to get used to it... maybe even like it. Thanks Ben, and yes allowing YouTube embedding would be quite nice. I'm not sure if that will affect the forum in any way though.

+Quote Post
Ben
post May 13 2009, 11:14 PM
Post #16

AsiaFinest C.E.O.
Group Icon

That Video feature that you want is coming.. It's already available in our blog. Check out this link: http://www.asiafinest.com/forum/index.php?...;showentry=1046

You'll be able to link and PLAY a lot of media files in a forum post after the next upgrade. beerchug.gif

+Quote Post
ham_let
post May 13 2009, 11:40 PM
Post #17

AF Legend
Group Icon

Group: AF Forum Police

Interesting new skin.

Good updates.

It has toruble loading though, I can only access the forum maybe half of the times I try. Because of increased traffic maybe?

+Quote Post
film4reel
post May 13 2009, 11:42 PM
Post #18

AF Elite
Group Icon

the forum looks a hellva lot better. just sayin'...

now only if the mods will do their effin' jobs and can keep the trolls at bay...

+Quote Post
Ben
post May 13 2009, 11:43 PM
Post #19

AsiaFinest C.E.O.
Group Icon

Yeah, there was some lag tonight.. I'm checking to see what's causing it. Might be because the server is compiling all the stats during this time. I have a techie looking into it.

New mods are next.. and I know i have been saying that for a while.. but I wanted to upgrade forum first.. actually i wanted to wait till the even NEWER version comes out before accepting the new mods, but it seems to be in beta for the last 5 months. Even after it comes out of beta.. I'm going to wait a month or two so that all the bugs are fixed before I upgrade it. I'm just debating if i should have the new mods join before or after my upcoming two week trip.

+Quote Post
film4reel
post May 14 2009, 12:20 AM
Post #20

AF Elite
Group Icon

enjoy your trip FIRST.

deal with the new mods issue afterwards. trust me, af/afers aren't going anywhere (even though people threaten to leave all the time, we are still one big happy e-dysfunctional family. rockon.gif ).

just my thoughts...

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th October 2014 - 12:13 PM