5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Northern vs Southern Viet girls
lcho
post Mar 12 2010, 07:28 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members

Many people told me that Northern Viet girls are the prettiest in Vietnam, especially the ones in Hanoi, Haiphong and Tuyen Quang. Hanoi because it's been the capital for a long time. Haiphong because it's the major port city of the country. Tuyen Quang because of the saying 'che thai gai tuyen,' supposed to mean Thai Nguyen tea tastes good and Tuyen Quang girls are pretty. My Viet roommate from VN said the girls from these 3 places are the prettiest. Is this true or is it just a legend? Plz show some pictures of Hanoi girls, Haiphong girls, and Tuyenquang girls. Thx.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SouthCalifornia
post Mar 12 2010, 10:24 AM
Post #2

AF Fan
Group Icon

Click here to see my duck My big hard duck

This girl he is from Harnoi

+Quote Post
CaptainVN
post Mar 12 2010, 03:13 PM
Post #3

AF Fan
Group Icon

yea it's true a lot of northern viet girls are hot but many of them are not beautiful in the inside.

Northern viet girl Tam Tit

Southern viet girl Dong Nhi

This post has been edited by CaptainVN: Mar 12 2010, 03:19 PM

+Quote Post
katana300
post Mar 12 2010, 05:39 PM
Post #4

AF Pro
Group Icon

Hanoi. I think like 70% of all the viet girls pics posted on AF are Hanoi girls so yea they're pretty.

Haiphong. No discussion.

Tuyen Quang girls. Not very famous but yea they're pretty too.

So yea they're pretty but girls from other places of VN are pretty too! In general girls are pretty if they know how to dress up and makeup.
I'll say Saigon girls are pretty since I felt in love with one. icon_redface.gif

+Quote Post
thumbsUp
post Mar 12 2010, 05:40 PM
Post #5

AF Guru
Group Icon

Vietnam is pretty thoroughly mixed from north to south now. Not really much of a difference in looks unless you're counting mixed people or ethnic minorities.

There are lots of northerners in the south, Southern people are actually northern people technically. We're all one people, where do you think we came from?

Just look at Dong Nhi. She's a southerner but her parents are both from the north. So there is no northern vs southern girls, but certain cities might have a higher ratio of pretty people compared to other cities.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHd-359zUbA from 8:32 you can hear Dong Nhi's parents.

+Quote Post
katana300
post Mar 12 2010, 05:44 PM
Post #6

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (thumbsUp @ Mar 12 2010, 06:40 PM) *
Vietnam is pretty thoroughly mixed from north to south now. Not really much of a difference in looks unless you're counting mixed people or ethnic minorities.

There are lots of northerners in the south, Southern people are actually northern people technically. We're all one people, where do you think we came from?

Just look at Dong Nhi. She's a southerner but her parents are both from the north. So there is no northern vs southern girls, but certain cities might have a higher ratio of pretty people compared to other cities.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHd-359zUbA from 8:32 you can hear Dong Nhi's parents.

no wonder she looks like tam tit embarassedlaugh.gif
what about that girl named midu? she looks like tam tit too. eh viet girls today look alike because they put on the same hairstyle, same makeup?

This post has been edited by katana300: Mar 12 2010, 05:49 PM

+Quote Post
thumbsUp
post Mar 12 2010, 05:49 PM
Post #7

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE (katana300 @ Mar 12 2010, 05:44 PM) *
no wonder she looks like tam tit embarassedlaugh.gif
what about that girl named midu? she looks like tam tit too. eh viet girls today look alike because the put on the same hairstyle, same makeup?

Not sure about them but they all came down from the north some point in history. If you noticed, Bo Me is now being heard a lot among southerners along with speech similar to northerners.

+Quote Post
katana300
post Mar 12 2010, 05:53 PM
Post #8

AF Pro
Group Icon

It's a shame that no one talks about Central girls. They just think about the North and South, Hanoi and Saigon, but forget about the Central, the charming Hue!

+Quote Post
hoang_1989
post Mar 12 2010, 05:53 PM
Post #9

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (thumbsUp @ Mar 12 2010, 11:40 PM) *

mixed with who??? People in the north are not mixed to a large extend as in the south. I really hate it when people say something like this. Speaking from all the people (family&friends) I know, not a single person has foreign background. Ok, I admit that some came from the central Vietnam, but that's it. There are not even many Chinese-mixed in the North. The Kinh-ethnic is still pure!

Most of the members here are southerners, Viet Kieu's, who never been to the north, so they can speak only on behalf of the southern part.

+Quote Post
katana300
post Mar 12 2010, 05:55 PM
Post #10

AF Pro
Group Icon

There's nothing such as a pure race <.<

+Quote Post
hoang_1989
post Mar 12 2010, 05:57 PM
Post #11

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (katana300 @ Mar 12 2010, 11:55 PM) *
There's nothing such as a pure race <.<

sorry I used the wrong terms to express myself. I only wanted to say that here are not many mixed people in the North icon_smile.gif At least I can't remember of anyone, and I have to say that I have met many people from Hanoi to Hai Phong. Meeting 100 people should give you already a good representative percentage of the overall demography.

This post has been edited by hoang_1989: Mar 12 2010, 05:59 PM

+Quote Post
katana300
post Mar 12 2010, 06:01 PM
Post #12

AF Pro
Group Icon

I think he or she means Southern Viets would look just similar to Northern Viets if they're not mixed.

Personally I think Southern VN is like China to a lesser extent. In general the average girls are not as pleasant-looking or attractive as the ones from the North VN. But when a Southern Viet girl is pretty, she's stunning and gorgeous! I bet the prettiest girl in South VN can beat the prettiest girls in North VN.

This post has been edited by katana300: Mar 12 2010, 06:02 PM

+Quote Post
daxas24
post Mar 12 2010, 07:16 PM
Post #13

AF Pro
Group Icon

I'm a central vietnamese (danang). I've seen good-looking girls from both north and south vietnam. All I have to say is generally, north vietnamese girls are whiter than south vietnamese girls, which means in asian way they are better looking than the south ones. At the same time, north vietnamese girls are b!tchier.

But I'll tell you what, personality wise you can't go past central vietnamese girls

+Quote Post
katana300
post Mar 12 2010, 07:19 PM
Post #14

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (daxas24 @ Mar 12 2010, 08:16 PM) *
I'm a central vietnamese (danang). I've seen good-looking girls from both north and south vietnam. All I have to say is generally, north vietnamese girls are whiter than south vietnamese girls, which means in asian way they are better looking than the south ones. At the same time, north vietnamese girls are b!tchier.

But I'll tell you what, personality wise you can't go past central vietnamese girls

tell me about them love2.gif

This post has been edited by katana300: Mar 12 2010, 07:20 PM

+Quote Post
CaptainVN
post Mar 12 2010, 07:22 PM
Post #15

AF Fan
Group Icon

yea, northern viet girls are beautiful on the outside, but they are ugly on the inside. please tell us about central girls! icon_smile.gif

This post has been edited by CaptainVN: Mar 12 2010, 07:34 PM

+Quote Post
katana300
post Mar 12 2010, 07:27 PM
Post #16

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (CaptainVN @ Mar 12 2010, 08:22 PM) *
yea, northern viet girls are beautiful on the outside, but they are ugly on the inside. please tell us about central girls! icon_smile.gif

don't take this as black and white. they all have their own personalities.

Northern girls are a little "b!tchy" (in ur term) but they're really smart, really sophisticated, and have a strong heart. [actually it's not accurate to say they're ugly on the "inside" because that's just their "outward" attitude. u never know what a Northern girl thinks inside. that's a myth we all know. icon_smile.gif]

Southern girls are sweet and lovely no doubt.

Now daxas24 tell us about the centrals. love2.gif

This post has been edited by katana300: Mar 12 2010, 07:33 PM

+Quote Post
SoCal
post Mar 12 2010, 07:59 PM
Post #17

AF Supreme
Group Icon

Group: Bronze AF Subscriber

Central Vietnamese Women

+Quote Post
daxas24
post Mar 12 2010, 08:10 PM
Post #18

AF Pro
Group Icon

It's really hard to describe really.

In general, the living condition the central vietnamese people are living in is tough. There are floods every year to a point that we are used to them. We don't live in a rich fertile land where there's no worry of food shortage like south vietnam. Therefore, this created certain personalities of central vietnamese girls or central vietnamese people. In the vietnamese family, the women are in charge. You should all know that cause of your mum. They take care of almost everything. They are definitely beautiful from the inside. Of course, some of them are beautiful on the outside as well. They're probably not as good looking as north vietnamese girls but they're better looking than than south vietnamese girls (no offence). So central vietnamese girls are beautiful, smart, hardworking, unselfish, honest, etc.

BTW, The Hue girls are the most traditional. I mean it's been like 100 years since the Nguyen Dynasty fell, the personalities of them still haven't changed generation after generation. They're beautiful in the Ao Dai. When they speak, it's like music in the ears.

One more point, central vietnamese women are very faithful to their husbands. If their husband die in the war which is quite common in Vietnam, they wouldn't get married to another man. My dad was in the Vietnam-Cambodia war for like 5 years. My mum was waiting for him all the way otherwise I wouldn't have been born. I'm not sure about the 9X generation though, we'll just have to wait and see how they turn out. I'm an 8X and all my girlfriends possess their mother's personalities

I guess, you have to go to central vietnam to check it out. Alot of my friends who came to visit us in Danang would say the same thing.

+Quote Post
SoCal
post Mar 12 2010, 09:02 PM
Post #19

AF Supreme
Group Icon

Group: Bronze AF Subscriber

My wife's family is mostly from Da Nang.

QUOTE (daxas24 @ Mar 12 2010, 05:10 PM) *
It's really hard to describe really.

In general, the living condition the central vietnamese people are living in is tough. There are floods every year to a point that we are used to them. We don't live in a rich fertile land where there's no worry of food shortage like south vietnam. Therefore, this created certain personalities of central vietnamese girls or central vietnamese people. In the vietnamese family, the women are in charge. You should all know that cause of your mum. They take care of almost everything. They are definitely beautiful from the inside. Of course, some of them are beautiful on the outside as well. They're probably not as good looking as north vietnamese girls but they're better looking than than south vietnamese girls (no offence). So central vietnamese girls are beautiful, smart, hardworking, unselfish, honest, etc.

BTW, The Hue girls are the most traditional. I mean it's been like 100 years since the Nguyen Dynasty fell, the personalities of them still haven't changed generation after generation. They're beautiful in the Ao Dai. When they speak, it's like music in the ears.

One more point, central vietnamese women are very faithful to their husbands. If their husband die in the war which is quite common in Vietnam, they wouldn't get married to another man. My dad was in the Vietnam-Cambodia war for like 5 years. My mum was waiting for him all the way otherwise I wouldn't have been born. I'm not sure about the 9X generation though, we'll just have to wait and see how they turn out. I'm an 8X and all my girlfriends possess their mother's personalities

I guess, you have to go to central vietnam to check it out. Alot of my friends who came to visit us in Danang would say the same thing.

This post has been edited by SoCal: Mar 12 2010, 09:02 PM

+Quote Post
Cubanoo
post Mar 12 2010, 10:05 PM
Post #20

AF Fiend
Group Icon

QUOTE (SouthCalifornia @ Mar 12 2010, 11:24 AM) *
Click here to see my duck My big hard duck

This girl he is from Harnoi