Closed TopicStart new topic
NEW TOPIC: are you a light or dark skin lao?, just wondering
baolao18
post Dec 5 2004, 04:36 PM
Post #121

AF Addict
Group Icon

Group: Members

Yea it is true. Khmers do have better music and better dancing than the chicken beating up on the chicken thing. I like khmer dances I think they're awesome! Chuoncheat what you think about Lao dances??
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PraChanMuy
post Dec 5 2004, 05:57 PM
Post #122

AF Fiend
Group Icon

^Khmer and Lao dances are similar so I think its good. biggthumpup.gif

+Quote Post
ChuonCheat_Khmer
post Dec 5 2004, 09:10 PM
Post #123

AF Addict
Group Icon

Group: Banned

lao dances are also beautiful and elegant. they are similar to khmer like PraChanMuy said. icon_smile.gif

+Quote Post
baolao18
post Dec 5 2004, 09:49 PM
Post #124

AF Addict
Group Icon

yea it is similar but it seems lao dances are more loose. Lao dances are more folk . Khmer dances are usually well performed beautiful and elegant. How do you post pictures up? I want to post some but i dont know how to. damn i feel dumb

+Quote Post
PtrckHri
post Dec 6 2004, 11:13 AM
Post #125

AF Geek
Group Icon

ChuonCheat and Baolao:

How would you expect the dances in Cambodia, Thailand and Laos to be so different. The cultures are so similar between these three countries. Look at the Lumvong, it's practiced in Laos, Cambodia and Thailand. As for more traditional dances, such as those practiced in the royal court, it's amazing to see how the costomes, dances, temples and palaces are so similar, especially between Cambodia and Thailand. In this respect, I think there are even much more similarities between Khmer and Thai than between Thai and Lao. As for the similarity between Thai and Lao in this respect, I think it's more between northern Thai (Lanna)/northeastern Thai (northern part of Isan) and Lao than between either with central Thai, especially Bangkok.

+Quote Post
Fil-Am
post Dec 6 2004, 11:31 AM
Post #126

AF Guru
Group Icon

Did Indo-China(excluding Vietnam) countries copy each others culture?

The Khmer dancers win. The filipino one looks like messed up children's play  embarassedlaugh.gif2

Wow your basing filipino culture on that one picture of the 2 chickens. I think filipino culture owns, and at least we aren't anonymously the same like our neighbors are. Hey hmong aren't like Cambodia or Thailand does that make them not asian, also? Your right filipinos don't have much in common with indo-china. Filipinos probably have more in common with hmong being that buddhism isn't the main religion of either culture.

This post has been edited by Fil-Am: Dec 6 2004, 11:40 AM

+Quote Post
PervertBurger
post Dec 6 2004, 12:36 PM
Post #127

AF Supreme
Group Icon

Fine sorry its just that when those two chickens are compared to an Apsara....lol

+Quote Post
ChuonCheat_Khmer
post Dec 6 2004, 12:47 PM
Post #128

AF Addict
Group Icon

filipino culture does not own any culture from the mainland. filipino doesn't have much in common with the rest of asia period.

Fil-Am,
would you like to do the honor of finding dance pics of khmer,thai or laos? also find filipino dance pics and compare them to khmer,thai or laos. let's see if your culture owns any of them.

+Quote Post
Fil-Am
post Dec 6 2004, 12:59 PM
Post #129

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE (ChuonCheat_Khmer @ Dec 6 2004, 01:47 PM)
filipino culture does not own any culture from the mainland. filipino doesn't have much in common with the rest of asia period.

Fil-Am,
would you like to do  the honor of finding dance pics of khmer,thai or laos? also find filipino dance pics and compare them to khmer,thai or laos. let's see if your culture owns any of them.

LOL Im just stating that I think filipino culture is better then khmer culture. There is much more to culture then just dancing.

+Quote Post
ChuonCheat_Khmer
post Dec 6 2004, 01:03 PM
Post #130

AF Addict
Group Icon

oh believe me, it's not just dancing icon_smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fil-Am
post Dec 6 2004, 01:14 PM
Post #131

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE (ChuonCheat_Khmer @ Dec 6 2004, 02:03 PM)

Like what LOL, its anonymous with the rest of Indo-China besides Vietnam. There isn't anything really unique with Cambodia.

+Quote Post
PervertBurger
post Dec 6 2004, 01:17 PM
Post #132

AF Supreme
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fil-Am @ Dec 6 2004, 02:14 PM)

Like what LOL, its anonymous with the rest of Indo-China besides Vietnam. There isn't anything really unique with Cambodia.

Dude please dont start.

Maybe if you read up on Cambodian History you'd know that there are a lot of things.

+Quote Post
Fil-Am
post Dec 6 2004, 01:20 PM
Post #133

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE (PervertBurger @ Dec 6 2004, 02:17 PM)
QUOTE (Fil-Am @ Dec 6 2004, 02:14 PM)

Dude please dont start.

Maybe if you read up on Cambodian History you'd know that there are a lot of things.

LOL yeah and its okay for CheatChuon_Khmer to say that filipinos aren't asian because we aren't indian influenced? sure.gif embarassedlaugh.gif

+Quote Post
ChuonCheat_Khmer
post Dec 6 2004, 01:20 PM
Post #134

AF Addict
Group Icon

cambodia deeply influenced both thailand and laos. that's why we're similar. LOL, a white chicken laying the smack down on a black chicken is one of the unique aspects of filipino culture huh? adopting spanish names is also unique? kakaka.. oh wait, filipino is an island country so you guys are unique..

khmer culture got the arts,dancing,long standing traditions of native and indian practices,writing system,etc..

edit: you are right, filipinos are unique.

This post has been edited by ChuonCheat_Khmer: Dec 6 2004, 01:23 PM

+Quote Post
Fil-Am
post Dec 6 2004, 01:41 PM
Post #135

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE (ChuonCheat_Khmer @ Dec 6 2004, 02:20 PM)
cambodia deeply influenced both thailand and laos. that's why we're similar. LOL, a white chicken laying the smack down on a black chicken is one of the unique aspects of filipino culture huh? adopting spanish names is also unique? kakaka.. oh wait, filipino is an island country so you guys are unique..

khmer culture got the arts,dancing,long standing traditions of native and indian practices,writing system,etc..

LOL not all filipinos have an spanish name. I have an native malay-filipino middle name. And basing the filipino culture on that one picture of the chickens is pathetic. In fact I never seen anything like that in filipino culture. Those were just pics from Dalawapo who posted the worst pics. he can find on filipino culture because he is an pr!ck.

http://www.asiafinest.com/forum/index.php?...78&#entry581478
Click here to see real filipino culture sure.gif

There thats all I have to say sure.gif .

This post has been edited by Fil-Am: Dec 6 2004, 02:46 PM

+Quote Post
baolao18
post Dec 6 2004, 02:36 PM
Post #136

AF Addict
Group Icon

To the guy who was talking about cultural similarities. Yea I think central thai and khmer have closer cultural similarities than even laos and thai. I see it alot the thai culture looks very similar to the khmer culture. Lao and Lanna culture seem very similar. Isan looks more khmer than lao too. I ve seen their clothing and stuff it seems more khmer than Lao from laos. Maybe its because Isan people are originally the khmer leu of the khmer empire. Yea I think it is because Chao Fa Ngum conquered those parts of khmer territory and the people end up adopting the lao language. I dont know but Lao from laos and Lanna from chiang mai looks very similar and they both say chao at the end of a sentence. It used to be doi but now we have adopted the luangprabang style talk and used chao. I like them both. It sounds very polite.

+Quote Post
Jasel
post Dec 6 2004, 05:30 PM
Post #137

AF Supreme
Group Icon

Group: AF Forum Police

This was requested to be closed and since it doesn't really seem like people are on topic anyway going to honor the request.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th October 2014 - 12:14 PM