Reply to this topicStart new topic
Best of 2004
transtic
post Dec 4 2004, 04:13 AM
Post #1

AF Guru
Group Icon

Group: Members

2004 is drawing to a close, so its only appropriate we share our thoughts icon_smile.gif feel free to add your own categories

My top ten songs are... *drum roll*

1. Britney Spears - Toxic
2. Jamelia - Stop
3. Outkast - Roses
4. Linkin Park - Breaking the Habit
5. George Michael - Amazing
6. Evanescence - My Immortal
7. Kelis feat Andre 3000 - Millionaire
8. Pete Murray - So Beautiful
9. Sugababes - Too Lost In You
10. Usher - Yeah!

I gotta say it wasn't easy to pick the top ten, but here are my thoughts. Toxic at the top spot because I think at that point for the first time in a long time, the public perception of Britney's career wasn't that she was faltering anymore. Jamelia's rendition of Sam Brown's Stop was really good. I liked it, but not as much as the original. Outkast's Roses was bitter and twisted. I loved it. Breaking the Habit was always my favourite track off Meteora, and its a good way to end activities for the album. George Michael's 'comeback' song was just a really good dance track, and it makes me happy when I listen to it. My Immortal is just one of those songs that I think in a few years will still be remembered, good stuff. Kelis's third single this year, Millionaire proves that she's one of the more interesting people in RnB. One word to describe the song is.. kalidescopic. Its just so different to anything I've heard before. Australians will have no doubt heard Pete Murray's So Beautiful. This is one of those songs that he'll never be able to top, with good reason. Too Lost In You is not one of those amazing songs that will leave you awestruck after you listen to it, but honestly, I just really like it, lol. Finally, Yeah! rounds up my top 10. I think the song is fantastic and is probably the best RnB song to come out in ages.

Honorable mentions go to:
Nelly feat Christina Aguilera - Tilt Ya Head Back
Alicia Keys - If I Ain't Got You
Dannii Minogue - You Won't Forget About Me
Geri Halliwell - Ride It
Kylie Minogue - Chocolate
Eric Prydz - Call On Me
Sailorstar - Four to the Floor
Junior Jack - Stupidisco
mR.timothy feat Inaya Day - I Am Tha 1
Shapeshifters - Lola's Theme
Mousse T feat Emma Lanford - Is It Cos I'm Cool?
Boogie Pimps - Sunny
Freestylers - Push Up
Tom Neville - Just fu-k
N.E.R.D - She Wants To Move
Magnolia - It's All Vain
Basement Jaxx - Good Luck
Inaya Day - Nasty Girls
Gwen Stefanni - What You Waiting For?

I really liked this year in music... biggrin.gif lol

Now my top 10 albums

1. Ministry of Sound: Sessions One
I honestly enjoyed every song that was put on this compilation. Both discs were awesome.

2. Kelis - Tasty
Not one song I didn't enjoy either. The album is, at worst, different. In Public and Rolling Through The Hood are standout tracks.

3. Ministry of Sound: The Annual 2005
I just got this album, and though not as good as Sessions One, its still damn hot in its own right.

4. Britney Spears - Greatest Hits: My Prerogative
A worthy collection. A few misses here and there (I Love Rock'n'Roll? What was that girl thinking??), but the addition of Do Something, I've Just Begun (Having My Fun) really made up for it.

5. Linkin Park / Jay-Z - Collision Course
All the songs are good. My only gripe with it is the fact that it's only 6 tracks long, I know it comes with a DVD, but still, at the end of the day 6 tracks for an album feels like a sloppy effort.

6. Kylie Minogue - Ultimate Kylie
Another greatest hits collection. Another worthy collection, but this time spanning the 80's, 90's and 00's.

7. Robbie Williams - Greatest Hits
Yea yea, another greatest hits album. I have to say that I've been impressed with most of the ones released this year. I think that this is another worthy collection because just about everything Robbie does is different.

8. Alicia Keys - The Diary of Alicia Keys
I just got the tour edition recently, and I don't regret waiting for it. Most of the songs are really awesome, and this lady gets less recognition than she deserves. Shame on you Australia.

9. Shrek 2 Soundtrack
Yea, make fun me of. Haha, but I liked it. It's one of those albums that just makes me happy icon_smile.gif.

10. Pete Murray - Feeler
Nothing will ever top So Beautiful, but the album is a solid one. icon_smile.gif

weeeeeeeeeeee
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lil Yangstah
post Dec 7 2004, 08:28 PM
Post #2

AF Geek
Group Icon

2004? it sucked!! think about it, we had a million hurricanes taking the homes of thousands of people, our troops got killed in the war, and now, FOUR MORE YEARS OF DUBYAH!!

+Quote Post
BukJoy
post Dec 7 2004, 09:05 PM
Post #3

AF Geek
Group Icon

damn transtic, i liked how you thoroughly explained your top 10's icon_wink.gif
i'll keep my best of 2004 short and sweet. the best album of 2004 is *drumroll*

Kanye West - College Dropout

i just love how he spread new light into mainstream hip hop. on College Dropout, Kanye didn't make many references to bling, cars, big houses, etc. nor did he talk about killing people and selling drugs. it shows that you can be positive in the rap game and still make a big impact. the beats are fire and Kanye is one witty guy. hella funny one minute and dead serious the next, he is so versitile! if you haven't copped this CD yet, you need to dammit! cuz its the best album of 2004!

+Quote Post
Digital Insanity
post Dec 10 2004, 05:44 PM
Post #4

AF Pro
Group Icon

Best Independent Movie of 2004

A Day Without A Mexican (directed by Sergio Arau)

Best Political Book of 2004

With God on their Side

Best Punk Song of 2004

American Idiot by Green Day

+Quote Post
transtic
post Dec 11 2004, 08:22 AM
Post #5

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE (Lil Yangstah @ Dec 8 2004, 12:28 PM)
2004? it sucked!! think about it, we had a million hurricanes taking the homes of thousands of people, our troops got killed in the war, and now, FOUR MORE YEARS OF DUBYAH!!

The thread is about entertainment sweetheart.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 02:38 PM