AsiaFinest Forum
Ad: 123Designing.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Job you hate but pays more or job you love but pays way less?
vinaboy
post Sep 29 2010, 07:24 PM
Post #1

AF Fan
Group Icon

Group: Members

Which one would go for? A job you hate but pays more or a job you love but pays less?

For instance, would you accept a job that pays $40/hr but you wake up every morning tired, angry at boss and stressed out? Everyday he yells at you and you take it in and start to hate your job even more each day. Your boss breathes down your neck every day.

Or would you rather accept a job you like to wake up every morning to, find it to be enjoyable and fun but pays you only $20/hr? Lets also say there is a hot girl/guy that works there and your friends with him/her too. Your boss is really friendly and relaxed.

This post has been edited by vinaboy: Sep 29 2010, 07:25 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
InitialDJay
post Oct 4 2010, 12:23 AM
Post #2

AF Elite
Group Icon

i guess i can live comfortably eating a cheeseburger than a double-double burger. lol

job you like but pay less.

This post has been edited by InitialDJay: Oct 4 2010, 12:23 AM

+Quote Post
NoJek
post Oct 28 2010, 11:49 PM
Post #3

AF Pro
Group Icon

I'd go 4 the Pay More Stress More Job. Only Reason is that you could always adapt into the stressful environment, get used to, and there you go, and big chunk of CHECK. cool30.gif NOW WHAT?

+Quote Post
Jessyca
post Oct 29 2010, 01:20 AM
Post #4

AF Fiend
Group Icon

That is always that hard one to decide in real life. Honestly I think me being me I would pick the job that pays more and I would hate it. Ehh just do your work get paid and then on the weekends go and chat with the people you love and care about and take them out to a fancy dinner!!

+Quote Post
SparklingWater
post Nov 1 2010, 11:29 PM
Post #5

AF Fan
Group Icon

QUOTE (vinaboy @ Sep 30 2010, 11:24 AM) *
Which one would go for? A job you hate but pays more or a job you love but pays less?

For instance, would you accept a job that pays $40/hr but you wake up every morning tired, angry at boss and stressed out? Everyday he yells at you and you take it in and start to hate your job even more each day. Your boss breathes down your neck every day.

Or would you rather accept a job you like to wake up every morning to, find it to be enjoyable and fun but pays you only $20/hr? Lets also say there is a hot girl/guy that works there and your friends with him/her too. Your boss is really friendly and relaxed.

I recently resigned from my current job that pays $39.7 per hour, because I hate that job and accepting a lower paying job for $36.93. I haven't finish with my current job yet, because I needed to give some notice, but I know once I finish with this stupid job and start in the new role, I'll be much happier.

+Quote Post
paperchase
post Nov 4 2010, 07:25 PM
Post #6

AF Fan
Group Icon

QUOTE (Jessyca @ Oct 29 2010, 01:20 AM) *
That is always that hard one to decide in real life. Honestly I think me being me I would pick the job that pays more and I would hate it. Ehh just do your work get paid and then on the weekends go and chat with the people you love and care about and take them out to a fancy dinner!!

Eh, I tried that but stress from work is brought home too.

Sometimes I couldn't sleep. That's why I quit my job. My performance at work got poorer and poorer because I work for someone who doesn't know how to motivate his employees. He would rather yell and talk down to you. I've seen so many coworkers get angry and quit before I did.

All he does is pick at you and talk down until they quit. Even when you're doing a good job, he says you're too slow. I tried even thinking that he's just a jerk to everyone and it's normal but he got on my nerves too many times. The good thing is that I quit at a perfect time and I had the opportunity to get unemployment from him. He really hates me cause I'm the only one who managed to work for him longer than 2 years and today I'm taking $1000/month from his wallet for not even working. Its a small business too and he runs the entire company. I think the only reason he is so mean to everyone is because he never fires employees cause they could get unemployment from that. He would rather see them quit on their own so they can't get unemployment.

Karma is a biotch. I'm stress free now and I also get to spend his money.

+Quote Post
Jessyca
post Nov 4 2010, 08:43 PM
Post #7

AF Fiend
Group Icon

QUOTE (paperchase @ Nov 4 2010, 05:25 PM) *

Sometimes I couldn't sleep. That's why I quit my job. My performance at work got poorer and poorer because I work for someone who doesn't know how to motivate his employees. He would rather yell and talk down to you. I've seen so many coworkers get angry and quit before I did.

All he does is pick at you and talk down until they quit. Even when you're doing a good job, he says you're too slow. I tried even thinking that he's just a jerk to everyone and it's normal but he got on my nerves too many times. The good thing is that I quit at a perfect time and I had the opportunity to get unemployment from him. He really hates me cause I'm the only one who managed to work for him longer than 2 years and today I'm taking $1000/month from his wallet for not even working. Its a small business too and he runs the entire company. I think the only reason he is so mean to everyone is because he never fires employees cause they could get unemployment from that. He would rather see them quit on their own so they can't get unemployment.

Wow well good for you!! icon_smile.gif Some bosses are pretty cruel like that I do know a few that do that purposely. It is pretty sad especially when the workers are actually working there butts off.

+Quote Post
bangem
post Nov 4 2010, 11:53 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

i would put up with the job i hate but pays more.

save up the mad cash monies as fast as i can then live the liiiife B)

+Quote Post
roguenoir
post Jun 21 2011, 10:27 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

QUOTE (vinaboy @ Sep 29 2010, 05:24 PM) *

Sounds like the situation I'm in except my salary and working hours is the equivalent of $16-18/hr.

This is also no unskilled labor position.. it requires at least a Master's degree in the respective field.

+Quote Post
phillipwong
post Jun 22 2011, 12:10 AM
Post #10

AF Geek
Group Icon

QUOTE (Jessyca @ Oct 29 2010, 01:20 AM) *

That is never the solution. Trust me, you don 't want that.

+Quote Post
FutureMan
post Sep 29 2011, 04:45 PM
Post #11

AF Fiend
Group Icon

QUOTE (paperchase @ Nov 4 2010, 08:25 PM) *

I agree with paperchase, Jesscya Unless you have been in that situation like he and I have been you don't want to get into a situation with a bad work enviroment especially with a bossy manager or uncooperative co-workers no matter what the pay you get . Like he said that stress from work is brought home and I experienced it. Luckily I am making a good salary and a decent boss, but I will always look for something better in salary, challenging work and a good boss and employee enviroment. beerchug.gif

+Quote Post
Mizz_Luv3r
post Oct 4 2011, 01:14 AM
Post #12

AF Supreme
Group Icon

I'd work at the crappy job for the money at first. Then, I'll quit and go to the job I like.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 09:21 PM