AsiaFinest Forum
Ad: 123Designing.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
History repeats itself? Modern opium war?, This trade dispute is TOO reminiscent of the opium war
planxty
post Feb 24 2011, 12:59 PM
Post #21

AF Addict
Group Icon

Group: Members

QUOTE (Junzi @ Feb 24 2011, 04:37 PM) *
Then you haven't been studying your history good enough [sic]...[snip]...

Not quite sure why you bring up the genocide of the native indians in relation to the opium wars but have to agree with you about it. There were though many whites who have spoken up for native indians' rights eg Marlon Brando.
There were also many whites who spoke up for the blacks in the US Civil rights movement in the 1950 and 60s eg Michael Schwernery and Andrew Goodman who were murdered for their efforts by people opposed to the movement.
As for slavery, China also apparently has its own history of slavery eg during the Tang dynasty, Chinese captured Korean civilians from Koguryo, Paekche, and Silla to sell as slaves. See here for more. By your own logic, all Chinese are now bad.
So to say all people of a certain race or nationality are bad or evil as you appear to be doing makes you little better than the people you are attempting to denigrate.

QUOTE (UnknownUsername @ Feb 24 2011, 11:57 AM) *
...wikipedia is $hit...[snip]

The Wikipedia article on the Kent State shootings is actually pretty accurate. If you don't believe that the event occurred and is a fabrication of some sort, Kent State University's own website has quite a lot of info on the massacre and there is a memorial statue at the university to the students that died there.

Also, you're posts on the subject seem to have no references at all, which is unfortunate since it often leaves readers with the impression you may well have plucked your 'facts' out of your derrière.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
UnknownUsername
post Feb 24 2011, 06:10 PM
Post #22

AF Fan
Group Icon

bomb those vietcong and they will cry uncle. bomb their houses, schools, hospitals and agricultural lands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KIvAXPEcaE

This post has been edited by UnknownUsername: Feb 24 2011, 06:13 PM

+Quote Post
charizardpal
post Feb 24 2011, 06:53 PM
Post #23

AF Addict
Group Icon

Has anyone noticed that when I gave a rubutal to Junzi's original post on currency, rather than respond he tried to change the argument to Vietnam and now native americans? (FYI "indian" is offensive, they prefer to be called "native americans," not that I expect you to care any.)

Junzi is just a troll.

+Quote Post
Junzi
post Feb 24 2011, 08:13 PM
Post #24

AF Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE (charizardpal @ Feb 25 2011, 10:53 AM) *
Has anyone noticed that when I gave a rubutal to Junzi's original post on currency, rather than respond he tried to change the argument to Vietnam and now native americans? (FYI "indian" is offensive, they prefer to be called "native americans," not that I expect you to care any.)

Junzi is just a troll.

Are you that stupid? It's clear that you are the troll, I just look at your post in Korean chat, it is nothing but trolling.

And, when did I say a word about Vietnam? You fail, badly, man.

+Quote Post
Junzi
post Feb 24 2011, 08:28 PM
Post #25

AF Addict
Group Icon

@planxy

No, you were saying the people had no choice in the Opium war, but I'm telling you that majority of them would still do it.

I gave you example from America occupation to show you the behaviour of most of white people. And it contradicts your argument.

And no, I'm not saying all of them are bad, you weren't reading my post at all, I said some of them have conscience, they are rare. And, I did say that it is a propaganda or education, that means they're brainwashed to be this way, and its not innate in their gene.

This post has been edited by Junzi: Feb 24 2011, 08:30 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 10:05 PM