AsiaFinest Forum
Ad: 123Designing.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you have abs?
Do you have abs?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 10
Guests cannot vote 
KojTusMeHavnim
post Apr 5 2011, 02:12 AM
Post #1

AF Guru
Group Icon

Group: Members

I know everyone has abs but I mean, do they show?

That's not the reason why I opened the thread hahaha, but it was just for fun embarassedlaugh.gif.

SO! The real reason why I opened this thread is I want to know what you, those who have abs, do to get them. What kind of exercise, what kind of machines, what kind of diet, what kind of lifestyle habits, etc.. I want to work on my abs and hope they show up one day. HELP ME. Give me advices. I'm a female btw, if that matters.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
KojTusMeHavnim
post Apr 5 2011, 10:41 AM
Post #2

AF Guru
Group Icon

BTW, that first vote is not my vote LOL!! embarassedlaugh.gif
I don't have abs.... yet.

I better see STRONGBAD post in here biggrin.gif.

+Quote Post
strongbad
post Apr 5 2011, 06:32 PM
Post #3

AF Pro
Group Icon

other than situps some of the other exercises that I do to help increase strength in my core muscles inlcude chin up leg raises.

With chin up leg raise I hang on a chin up bar wth my arms bent at 90 degrees, I keep my legs straight and I raise them as high as I can causing a burn in my abs. This work out strengthens your abs, and your lats, it will make your core muscles a lot stronger, which helps you wrestle. You are a girl, so you might no want to try this exercise cause it could end up giving you a thick neck an bulky shoulders.

Try lying on your back, keeping your legs together, have another person stand over you by your head, you keep your legs straight and raise them towards your head, the other person then pushes your feet causing your legs to go back down, then you raise them up again, then the other person pushes at your feet causing your legs to go back down again. Do this repeatedly, you will get a good ab work out with out the neck strain of doing sit ups.
Once you get good at it, have the other person push your feet to the left, or to the right this will help you work out your sides, and give your waist that nice defined look.

+Quote Post
Gideon
post Apr 5 2011, 08:55 PM
Post #4

AF Pro
Group Icon

But... but...I like girls with flat tummies. MAYBE just a faint 2 pack on a girl. No 6 pack please!!!!

Anyways I have a 4 pack right now, working on a 6 pack. I know I have the muscles there I just need to lose the fat above the muscles. Heres an old pic

I am much leaner now but still don't have the desired look. I wanna grate cheese on these fu-kers!!!

Not giving you hints on how to get abs cuz I dont want you to get abs. >=)

+Quote Post
KojTusMeHavnim
post Apr 6 2011, 01:12 AM
Post #5

AF Guru
Group Icon

^GEESH, Gideon, you show off hahaha!!! Keep it up! beerchug.gif How long did it take you?
Why can't I have abs? I want abs but nothing like yours or Strongbad's.. EW NO!
I still very much want to look like a woman and people tell me I have quite a feminine taste..
Why I want them is because I want to accomplish something, my clothes would fit a lot better, and my body contour from the side would look a lot better too (no belly jutting out).

I'm something like this right now
http://img.ehow.com/article-page-main/ehow...men-800x800.jpg

This kind of stomach has no problem putting on any shirt. This is what I want!!
http://girlgetstrong.com/wp-content/upload.../08/images8.jpg
http://girlabs.info/wp-content/uploads/201...eans-image1.jpg

Third girl
http://images.teamsugar.com/files/users/1/..._2007/abs-1.jpg
And that's probably as far as I want to go. If I go any further, it would only be to test how far I can go.. but I know I won't try to maintain them.

@STRONGBAD:

I was expecting you here.

Thanks for the exercises.. and you're right, I don't want to look like the Hulk. embarassedlaugh.gif
I used to do the second exercise but by myself only. I do one where you lift your body off the ground with your toes and elbows. Does that help? I feel it burning in my abs..

This post has been edited by KojTusMeHavnim: Apr 6 2011, 01:14 AM

+Quote Post
sonny_angel
post Apr 6 2011, 02:34 PM
Post #6

AF Guru
Group Icon

^ I think the pictures you showed with the abs are not bad :]
you guys are really fit lol.

no I don't have abs, I have a soft tummy embarassedlaugh.gif I don't think I really want abs that show though I just wanna tone it.
http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad252/jbums/ptr657.jpg
It's not like I have a huge belly but it would be nice to make it more flat.

I hope it is okie to ask but my back is giving me problems and I was wondering if anyone have any ab workout suggestions that I can do that won't hurt my back more? embarassedlaugh.gif

+Quote Post
strongbad
post Apr 6 2011, 04:19 PM
Post #7

AF Pro
Group Icon

The good thing about abs is you can do laundry on them. In the olden days before washing machines were invented people use washboards to do laundry. Heavy clothes like jeans and jackets you would need a washing machine, but lighter clothes like shirts, shorts, boxers, etc.. can be washed by rubbing them with soap and water on your abs.
you save the planet and also get a spunge bath at the same time.

+Quote Post
Gideon
post Apr 6 2011, 05:44 PM
Post #8

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (KojTusMeHavnim @ Apr 6 2011, 02:12 AM) *
^GEESH, Gideon, you show off hahaha!!! Keep it up! beerchug.gif How long did it take you?
Why can't I have abs? I want abs but nothing like yours or Strongbad's.. EW NO!
I still very much want to look like a woman and people tell me I have quite a feminine taste..
Why I want them is because I want to accomplish something, my clothes would fit a lot better, and my body contour from the side would look a lot better too (no belly jutting out).

=D maybe a lil... XD Anyways like I said that was an old picture, I took a break from working out after that but I've been back and been working out for a year and a half now, and still haven't gotten there. Well I never really focused my abs till recently, cuz I noticed the rest of my body looked pretty good except my abs, still too much fat around there for it to really show that well.

It doesn't really seem like you want abs per say.... you just seem to really want a flat toned tummy. Did you see the abs on Mario Lopez in ur pics? Very glad my abs aren't unsymmetrical like that. They look so bad :x. Anywayz why not just tone up that area and lose more weight? I think you'll eventually get there!

+Quote Post
Gideon
post Apr 6 2011, 06:02 PM
Post #9

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (sonny_angel @ Apr 6 2011, 03:34 PM) *
^ I think the pictures you showed with the abs are not bad :]
you guys are really fit lol.

no I don't have abs, I have a soft tummy embarassedlaugh.gif I don't think I really want abs that show though I just wanna tone it.
http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad252/jbums/ptr657.jpg
It's not like I have a huge belly but it would be nice to make it more flat.

I hope it is okie to ask but my back is giving me problems and I was wondering if anyone have any ab workout suggestions that I can do that won't hurt my back more? embarassedlaugh.gif

When I viewed that photo, my jaw literally droped and I said "OH MY GOODNESS!" Nice body! beerchug.gif

Anyways if your having back pain, isn't that from you having big breasts? Being front heavy strains your back muscles if they are weak which could cause pain. So... before you start working out your abs I think it would be better for you to strengthen your lower back. This could totally alleviate all back pain, and stop you from injuring or hurting yourself when you start ab workouts.

This post has been edited by Gideon: Apr 6 2011, 06:09 PM

+Quote Post
sonny_angel
post Apr 6 2011, 06:23 PM
Post #10

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE (Gideon @ Apr 6 2011, 04:02 PM) *
When I viewed that photo, my jaw literally droped and I said "OH MY GOODNESS!" Nice body! beerchug.gif

Anyways if your having back pain, isn't that from you having big breasts? Being front heavy strains your back muscles if they are weak which could cause pain. So... before you start working out your abs I think it would be better for you to strengthen your lower back. This could totally alleviate all back pain, and stop you from injuring or hurting yourself when you start ab workouts.

lol well thanks, um yeah I do have weak back muscles and I don't really use proper body mechanics when lifting or moving, I hurt myself really bad one time lifting um a heavy patient in bed x) but thanks for the advice :] do you have suggestion on strengthening back muscles??

+Quote Post
Gideon
post Apr 6 2011, 07:36 PM
Post #11

AF Pro
Group Icon

I actually recently rebuilt my pond, lots of shoveling carrying rocks, loading and unloading sacks of dirt onto my car etc and I was very surprised that my back was never sore or in pain afterwards. =D The first time I built it my lower back was sore like a mofo.

Anyways I will assume you are not a member of a gym so the very few lower back exercises I know use a bar or machines so I can't help you out there. But Youtube is amazing for finding work outs to target specific muscles/goals and you can do them at home. (THIS APPLIES TO U TOO KOJ! Use youtube for your abs!) Here is a vid I found with good ratings and a lot of views. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tG1y0gYRcw But there are many more out there.

I like how the guy emphasis strengthening your back to make your spine more stable during daily movement, which could prevent injury.

My mom is a nurse too and she has bad back problems now, she had a herniated disk a few years back and recently got hairline fractures on her vertebrae from a minor fall. So I strongly feel you should start and consistently work out your back for your career and well being. Dont be lazy! nono.gif

+Quote Post
sonny_angel
post Apr 6 2011, 08:54 PM
Post #12

AF Guru
Group Icon

^ LOL guilty, I am lazy x) but you're right though I need to take care of myself and thanks for finding the video! will definitely do those exercises biggrin.gif

I'm sorry about your mom :[ I hope she is okie.

I know this is off topic but you have a pond?? do you put fishes in it? lol

This post has been edited by sonny_angel: Apr 6 2011, 09:03 PM

+Quote Post
Marrykate
post Apr 6 2011, 10:28 PM
Post #13

AF Pro
Group Icon

nice bod Sonny !! I'm very envy your upper body part(s). lol beerchug.gif

I don't have abs, don't want to have them becuz I'm too lazy to work out.

As long as my tummy is still flat, I'm not gonna do anything about it.

I dunno about you guys but working out is a very boring activity to me. sure.gif

I would rather play real sports, I play tennis once a week, that should be enough. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
KojTusMeHavnim
post Apr 6 2011, 11:42 PM
Post #14

AF Guru
Group Icon

@STRONGBAD:
LOL! Nice.. you can do my laundry for me then!

@SONNY:
Wooooow~ Is that you? Hehehe... Nice. Maybe Gideon is right. Maybe your boobs are causing you back pain, they're so squishy looking. Are they real? I'm curious. embarassedlaugh.gif I think if you work with your waist, make it smaller, that would look really nice : ).

@GIDEON:
You don't call the pictures I posted up abs? When I looked up female abs, those showed up.Thanks so much for the video : ).Dang, I really need to work on my back.. I used to, but not really anymore. I should.

Found another picture. I like this!

Her breasts look so fake! ;: (

@MARRYKATE:
I used to think working out was boring, but I think it has become a habit.. and I'm liking it too. I like sweating :P... I also like the feeling you get after a good workout beerchug.gif.. Awww~ Feels so nice! You just feel so accomplished. I prefer working out vs sports.

This post has been edited by KojTusMeHavnim: Apr 7 2011, 12:33 AM

+Quote Post
sonny_angel
post Apr 7 2011, 12:57 AM
Post #15

AF Guru
Group Icon

^ lol yeah it is me and yeah they are real they sag and all embarassedlaugh.gif which I probably should think about chest exercises too x) and thanks for the tip icon_smile.gif I use to have a smaller waist but I gained weight and haven't been able to lose it x)

@ MarryKate it's good that you are active and all icon_smile.gif, I suck at tennis I have a habit of wanting to hit the ball hard lol xD, but I don't think working out is boring, you can always listen to music while working out? embarassedlaugh.gif and I agree with KojTusMeHavnim, it's a great feeling afterwards.

+Quote Post
KojTusMeHavnim
post Apr 7 2011, 02:01 AM
Post #16

AF Guru
Group Icon

^There are exercises that helps your breasts not to sag? I didn't know that.. I wish there are exercises that helps make your boobs bigger.
If I remember correctly, and I think I do, eating yogurt (low in sugar) with live active something something, helps burn fat around the belly.

+Quote Post
Gideon
post Apr 7 2011, 09:31 AM
Post #17

AF Pro
Group Icon

@ Sonny FISHIES!!!!! yes icon_smile.gif The pond will have koi but there are no fish there yet. Still gotta build the filter. The fish stores just start getting their pond fish in now, but theyre usually crap so it might take me awhile to fill it up cuz I'm pretty selective. I love fish, I have aquariums in the house. =D

@MarryKate When a person has a goal for their body and that goal overrides their laziness then working out isn't boring ;p. Not saying its fun, but I dont mind going to the gym, its become part of my weekly routine and would probably get really bored without it. The feeling of accomplishment/ satisfaction when your done and your sweaty and out of breath feels really good too!

It becomes a lifestyle after awhile, I'm really glad I got into because I know if I continue it for the rest of my life, I will probably look younger and be healthier than most people my age.

@Koj I guess there was some misunderstanding between us about the ab thing. Sorry! When I think abs I think of washboard abs where you can see the 6 individual squares lol. To me your view of abs is just a toned stomach with very very little fat. But i still think that seeing the abs on a girl is worse looking than just a flat stomach. Like the picture you just posted, its a bit too much but she probably was flexing and if she wasn't it probably wouldn't look to bad to me.

Look at the picture you posted http://images.teamsugar.com/files/users/1/..._2007/abs-1.jpg I think shakira and jessica dont really have "abs" they just have toned flat stomachs which is good thats the look you should go for. BUT the third girl is wayyy too skinny and her abs show way too much. I find that a bit gross on a girl.

This post has been edited by Gideon: Apr 7 2011, 09:57 AM

+Quote Post
sonny_angel
post Apr 7 2011, 12:37 PM
Post #18

AF Guru
Group Icon

^ ooh nice, my family has small fish ponds but just with regular goldfishes and guppies, always wanted a koi pond though embarassedlaugh.gif
But thanx again for all the helpful advice for us ladies icon_smile.gif

QUOTE (KojTusMeHavnim @ Apr 7 2011, 12:01 AM) *
^There are exercises that helps your breasts not to sag? I didn't know that.. I wish there are exercises that helps make your boobs bigger.
If I remember correctly, and I think I do, eating yogurt (low in sugar) with live active something something, helps burn fat around the belly.

um yeah I think there is some chest exercises that help naturally lift and firm the chest, I just dunno what exactly lol and I've heard about the probiotics and calcium in yogurt that help with losing weight too.

+Quote Post
Gideon
post Apr 7 2011, 05:53 PM
Post #19

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (sonny_angel @ Apr 7 2011, 01:37 PM) *
^ ooh nice, my family has small fish ponds but just with regular goldfishes and guppies, always wanted a koi pond though embarassedlaugh.gif
But thanx again for all the helpful advice for us ladies icon_smile.gif

Aww your welcome. Its always my pleasure helping out the ladies. icon_redface.gif

+Quote Post
strongbad
post Apr 7 2011, 09:46 PM
Post #20

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (KojTusMeHavnim @ Apr 6 2011, 09:42 PM) *
@STRONGBAD:
LOL! Nice.. you can do my laundry for me then!

@SONNY:[/b] Wooooow~ Is that you? Hehehe... Nice. Maybe Gideon is right. Maybe your boobs are causing you back pain, they're so squishy looking. Are they real? I'm curious. embarassedlaugh.gif I think if you work with your waist, make it smaller, that would look really nice : ).

If your boyfriend had washboard abs, would it be sexy, if you wash your silk lingerie on his rock hard washboard abs?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 03:25 AM