Reply to this topicStart new topic
Super Hot foods
chiuchimu
post Apr 21 2011, 07:32 PM
Post #1

AF Guru
Group Icon

Group: Members

Very Hot Ramen because habanero chili extracts are added.
Japanese food is not traditionally hot. That doesn't stop restaurants from competing for title of hottest food in Japan.

I love hot foods. Wanted to see other hot food in Asia.

Who has the hottest?

This post has been edited by chiuchimu: Apr 21 2011, 07:33 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
han2
post Apr 22 2011, 03:29 AM
Post #2

AF Elite
Group Icon

Group: AF Senior Moderators

Som tam (green papaya salad), also known as tam bak hung, is one of the hottest dish i've ever tried, but it's really delish.

+Quote Post
KraterosHellas
post Apr 22 2011, 07:18 AM
Post #3

AF Elite
Group Icon

QUOTE (chiuchimu @ Apr 21 2011, 08:32 PM) *

Japanese food is not traditionally hot. That doesn't stop restaurants from competing for title of hottest food in Japan.

Who has the hottest?

even looking at it i can taste the heat

+Quote Post
Marrykate
post Apr 22 2011, 10:32 AM
Post #4

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (han2 @ Apr 22 2011, 03:29 AM) *
Som tam (green papaya salad), also known as tam bak hung, is one of the hottest dish i've ever tried, but it's really delish.

Som Tam is a baby food when compares with these Thai's spicy chili pastes.

+Quote Post
han2
post Apr 22 2011, 05:12 PM
Post #5

AF Elite
Group Icon

QUOTE (Marrykate @ Apr 23 2011, 01:32 AM) *
Som Tam is a baby food when compares with these Thai's spicy chili pastes.

yeah, i'd say so too...but chili pastes are more like condiments, just as salsa is... embarassedlaugh.gif

+Quote Post
cuteo
post Apr 23 2011, 09:21 AM
Post #6

AF Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE (chiuchimu @ Apr 21 2011, 07:32 PM) *

Who has the hottest?

Wow that's dish looks like the Vietnamese Bn B Huế

+Quote Post
samnang
post Apr 23 2011, 09:40 AM
Post #7

AF Guru
Group Icon

i can't eat spicy food cuz i'm prone to stomach ulcers. icon_sad.gif

+Quote Post
mastaping
post Apr 23 2011, 10:48 AM
Post #8

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (samnang @ Apr 23 2011, 09:40 AM) *
i can't eat spicy food cuz i'm prone to stomach ulcers. icon_sad.gif

......and prone to stomach ulcers???.... love2.gif

+Quote Post
mastaping
post Apr 23 2011, 10:53 AM
Post #9

AF Pro
Group Icon

Anything made with the extra super hot gochujang!

+Quote Post
Marrykate
post Apr 23 2011, 09:43 PM
Post #10

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (han2 @ Apr 22 2011, 05:12 PM) *
yeah, i'd say so too...but chili pastes are more like condiments, just as salsa is... embarassedlaugh.gif

Yup, you are right, they are more like condiments and you don't eat them alone, got to eat them with rice and/or vegetable. munch.gif

Have you ever try one ? The ones served in Thai restaurants outside Thailand are more mild though.

+Quote Post
han2
post Apr 24 2011, 06:18 AM
Post #11

AF Elite
Group Icon

QUOTE (Marrykate @ Apr 24 2011, 12:43 PM) *
Yup, you are right, they are more like condiments and you don't eat them alone, got to eat them with rice and/or vegetable. munch.gif

Have you ever try one ? The ones served in Thai restaurants outside Thailand are more mild though.

yeah, i had, and the result wasn't all that positive, as i love eating them, but somehow my tummy doesn't lol...went to a Thai restaurant with a friend, everything was fine except for the excessive sweating those food seemed to cause, then after leaving the restaurant, we had to pull up by Denny's since i had this tremendous urge to see Denny's restroom... embarassedlaugh.gif

as to other super hot foods, i find that any Sichuan dish prepared with both Sichuan pepper and hot chilli is extremely hot, plus it sorta numb the lips as well...

Sichuan stir Fried Spicy duck with mushrooms and peppers

Sichuan Spicy chicken tossed with peppers

Spicy lotus roots with spicy peppers, red peppers and garlic

And this is the lips numbing Sichuan peppercorn, used in many of their cooking.

This post has been edited by han2: Apr 25 2011, 03:13 AM

+Quote Post
KojTusMeHavnim
post Apr 25 2011, 12:05 PM
Post #12

AF Guru
Group Icon

Koreans think they eat spicy food PFFF LOL!!!! embarassedlaugh.gif
SEA food are spicy.

This post has been edited by KojTusMeHavnim: Apr 25 2011, 12:05 PM

+Quote Post
population1
post Apr 25 2011, 02:54 PM
Post #13

AF Addict
Group Icon

some korean dishes are spicy, but it's spicy without a detectable flavor. kind of blandish with a slight aftertaste. guess it depends on personal taste, such as, wasabi paste is considered spicy by others, I taste a zing to it, not a flame to it; and tobasco sauce is considered very spicy by many whites, who mainly prefers it, but it taste like fruit juice to me... there are some exceptional spicy dishes of SEA and EA.

+Quote Post
sonny_angel
post Apr 25 2011, 05:03 PM
Post #14

AF Guru
Group Icon

I want to eat those ramen noodles embarassedlaugh.gif

QUOTE (han2 @ Apr 22 2011, 01:29 AM) *

mmm som tam beerchug.gif but I don't like it too hot though, my mom tends to make this super hot just one little bite and it burns and my eyes water already embarassedlaugh.gif
QUOTE (mastaping @ Apr 23 2011, 08:53 AM) *
Anything made with the extra super hot gochujang!

I love gochujang sauce but I don't think it is that hot, I like bathe my bulgogi and bibimbap in this lol.

QUOTE (han2 @ Apr 24 2011, 04:18 AM) *
yeah, i had, and the result wasn't all that positive, as i love eating them, but somehow my tummy doesn't lol...went to a Thai restaurant with a friend, everything was fine except for the excessive sweating those food seemed to cause, then after leaving the restaurant, we had to pull up by Denny's since i had this tremendous urge to see Denny's restroom... embarassedlaugh.gif

as to other super hot foods, i find that any Sichuan dish prepared with both Sichuan pepper and hot chilli is extremely hot, plus it sorta numb the lips as well...

Sichuan stir Fried Spicy duck with mushrooms and peppers

Sichuan Spicy chicken tossed with peppers

Spicy lotus roots with spicy peppers, red peppers and garlic

And this is the lips numbing Sichuan peppercorn, used in many of their cooking.

I guess when I think of spicy foods I automatically think Thai food and other SEA cuisines but nice to Sichuan spicy dishes looks delicious!

+Quote Post
Marrykate
post Apr 25 2011, 10:44 PM
Post #15

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (han2 @ Apr 24 2011, 06:18 AM) *

aww embarassedlaugh.gif The only way to cure this symptom .... you have to eat them more often ... like many times a week then your tummy will surrender, eventually. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Marrykate: Apr 25 2011, 10:45 PM

+Quote Post
chiuchimu
post Apr 25 2011, 11:21 PM
Post #16

AF Guru
Group Icon

@Han2

That looks hot! Man I want to try that. I'm one of those rare Japanese guys that like to eat really really hot foods! beerchug.gif

+Quote Post
XigonCongchua
post Apr 26 2011, 02:49 AM
Post #17

AF Legend
Group Icon

I don't understand how people can stand all those spiciness. I can't stand spicy food even just a little bit. My nose would start running and tears would fall all over my face lol. I can't enjoy food with chillies. It gives me a very unpleasant sensation that I dislike. Black peppers are alright but no chillies. Once I had to throw away an entire bowl of m quảng because the soup they made was spicy. Bn b Huế is definitely not for me, only bn b (the non-spicy one; Hue-style is spicy).

P/S: Hot cheeto is like the only spicy food that I can tolerate. I don't know why I can tolerate cheeto but not other spicy stuff

This post has been edited by XigonCongchua: Apr 26 2011, 02:53 AM

+Quote Post
han2
post Apr 26 2011, 05:18 AM
Post #18

AF Elite
Group Icon

QUOTE (KojTusMeHavnim @ Apr 26 2011, 03:05 AM) *
Koreans think they eat spicy food PFFF LOL!!!! embarassedlaugh.gif
SEA food are spicy.

tru dat... embarassedlaugh.gif

QUOTE (sonny_angel @ Apr 26 2011, 08:03 AM) *
mmm som tam beerchug.gif but I don't like it too hot though, my mom tends to make this super hot just one little bite and it burns and my eyes water already embarassedlaugh.gif

I love gochujang sauce but I don't think it is that hot, I like bathe my bulgogi and bibimbap in this lol.

I guess when I think of spicy foods I automatically think Thai food and other SEA cuisines but nice to Sichuan spicy dishes looks delicious!

yeah, the som tam i had was really hot, hotter than any Sichuan food that i've sampled, lol...

QUOTE (Marrykate @ Apr 26 2011, 01:44 PM) *
aww embarassedlaugh.gif The only way to cure this symptom .... you have to eat them more often ... like many times a week then your tummy will surrender, eventually. laugh.gif

my tummy has already surrendered, i think, haha... embarassedlaugh.gif

QUOTE (chiuchimu @ Apr 26 2011, 02:21 PM) *

@Han2

That looks hot! Man I want to try that. I'm one of those rare Japanese guys that like to eat really really hot foods! beerchug.gif

they are hot, but with a twist, lol...those Sichuan peppercorn sorta numb your lips and tongue a bit, so in actuality, those foods don't feel that hot, even though you'll be sweating buckets when you're eatin them...

QUOTE (XigonCongchua @ Apr 26 2011, 05:49 PM) *
I don't understand how people can stand all those spiciness. I can't stand spicy food even just a little bit. My nose would start running and tears would fall all over my face lol. I can't enjoy food with chillies. It gives me a very unpleasant sensation that I dislike. Black peppers are alright but no chillies. Once I had to throw away an entire bowl of m quảng because the soup they made was spicy. Bn b Huế is definitely not for me, only bn b (the non-spicy one; Hue-style is spicy).

P/S: Hot cheeto is like the only spicy food that I can tolerate. I don't know why I can tolerate cheeto but not other spicy stuff

too much info, lol... embarassedlaugh.gif but actually, having crazy hot food from time to time is good... icon_smile.gif

-----

This one's a beef rendang, a sort of dry curry-like dish from Indonesia, which could be made either very hot or not, depending on the amoung of chilli added during cooking.

If it's not hot enough, then we could always add some sambal terasi (chilli paste made with dried fermented prawn).

+Quote Post
chiuchimu
post Apr 26 2011, 01:27 PM
Post #19

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE (XigonCongchua @ Apr 26 2011, 02:49 AM) *

It's that burning pain that I can't get enough of. icon_twisted.gif

embarassedlaugh.gif I like Cheeto too.

This post has been edited by chiuchimu: Apr 26 2011, 01:29 PM

+Quote Post
mastaping
post Apr 26 2011, 04:29 PM
Post #20

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (sonny_angel @ Apr 25 2011, 05:03 PM) *
I want to eat those ramen noodles embarassedlaugh.gif

Not the regular gochujang... The "so hot" one...

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 04:35 PM