Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
People in China with red hair.
LBPLuver
post May 19 2011, 02:44 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members

I have always had a thing for red hair. Maybe its because as a little boy growing up in the 80's I was always around sooo many young Asian chicks of all ethnicities bleaching their jet black Asian hair, and it just comes out orange or reddish! icon_smile.gif That's all I saw as a little boy, and that's what I grew up with, my older teenaged sister and all her teenaged Asian friends with long silky...... orange hair!

Natural red hair does exist in China though...Only in Far northwestern China anyway, among Uighurs, Kazakhs, and Kyrgyz. Red also exist among Hui Chinese (Chinese muslims) believe it or not! Red hair is obviously a caucasoid trait, and the latter ethnic groups are mixed.

How is red hair viewed in China?

I couldn't find any pics of adults with red hair, just kids. But they look cute. They're all Uighurs. I love their red hair and Asian features.

Kazakh kids in China

This post has been edited by LBPLuver: May 19 2011, 07:33 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AsiaticGlory
post May 19 2011, 02:53 AM
Post #2

AF Pro
Group Icon

Central Asia was dominated by white people before the Turkic invasion.

+Quote Post
ZenZasian
post May 19 2011, 05:23 AM
Post #3

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (LBPLuver @ May 19 2011, 03:44 AM) *
I have always had a thing for red hair. Maybe its because as a little boy growing up in the 80's I was always around sooo many young Asian chicks of all ethnicities bleaching their jet black Asian hair, and it just comes out orange or reddish! icon_smile.gif That's all I saw as a little boy, and that's what I grew up with, my older teenaged sister and all her teenaged Asian friends with long silky...... orange hair!

Natural red hair does exist in China though...Far North Western China anyway among Uighurs, Kazakhs, and Kyrgyz. Red also exist among Hui Chinese (Chinese muslims) believe it or not!

How is red hair is viewed in China?

I couldn't find any pics of adults with red hair, just kids. But they look cute. They're all Uighurs. I love their red hair and Asian features.

Kazakh kids in China

This is how they feel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0TOd2jDNvU

+Quote Post
Hugham
post May 19 2011, 08:46 AM
Post #4

AF Pro
Group Icon

Hmong in Indo-China also claiming they have red-blonde hair.

There're a thread dedicating about this issue in Hmong sub-forum. You can check it there.

+Quote Post
Chicom
post May 20 2011, 01:34 AM
Post #5

AF Geek
Group Icon

dam gingers

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic