AsiaFinest Forum
Ad: 123Designing.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

36 Pages V  « < 33 34 35 36 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
[Official Thread] ♫ The Korean Entertainment World ♫, Share updates on the Korean entertainment industry
Sumpit
post Feb 15 2012, 05:23 PM
Post #681

AF Pro
Group Icon

Group: Members

QUOTE (doggyji @ Feb 15 2012, 06:06 AM) *
What group?

Jo In Sung. He's a famous actor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHr2_irp7hw She starts to sing at 2:00
Me n her goofing around ^_^ I do not look always drunk

Hmm Jo In Sung doesn't ring a bell much..
*googles* ah, what happend in bali.. lol I've only seen the first few episodes and then I knew drama wasn't my thing. I watched it because of the actress and the name title.
Snow White is better hehe. I have to say that My Lovely Kim Sam Soon is my fav. comedy, also starring Hyun Bin!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
doggyji
post Feb 15 2012, 06:13 PM
Post #682

AF Pro
Group Icon

2011 survey results from Gallup Korea

3401 people from age 13 to 59 from all over the country except Jeju.
3 times (April, September and November).
Each respondent chose 3 candidates for each question.

2011 Best 10 Singers and Songs

Best 10 singers of 2011

1. SNSD (26.1%)
2. Big Bang
3. Jang Yoon Jung
4. Kim Bum Soo
5. IU
6. Im Jae Bum & 2PM
8. Park Jung Hyun & T-ara
10. Wonder Girls

Best 5 singers for the last 5 years

1. Wonder Girls
2. Big Bang
3. Jang Yoon Jung
4. SNSD (9.9%) (debut)
5. SG Wannabe

1. Wonder Girls
2. Big Bang
3. Jang Yoon Jung
4. SNSD (7.8%) (hiatus)
5. Lee Hyori

1. SNSD (29.8%) (came back with "Gee")
2. Big Bang
3. 2PM
4. Wonder Girls
5. Jang Yoon Jung

1. SNSD (31.5%)
2. 2PM
3. Jang Yoon Jung
4. Tae Jina
5. KARA

1. SNSD (26.1%)
2. Big Bang
3. Jang Yoon Jung
4. Kim Bum Soo
5. IU

Best 5 singers of 2011, chosen by each age group

SNSD is No. 1 for every age group (teens, 20s, 30s, 40s and 50s). Unprecedented for an idol group.
Trot singer Jang Yoon Jung is very popular among older people while IU is popular with teens and 20s.

Best 5 songs for the last 5 years

SNSD songs are in red boxes. Despite the group's dominant popularity, "The Boys" only ranked at No. 3 after IU's "종은 날" (Good day) and T-ara's "Roly Poly" in 2011.

QUOTE (Sumpit @ Feb 15 2012, 05:23 PM) *
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHr2_irp7hw She starts to sing at 2:00
Me n her goofing around ^_^ I do not look always drunk
Haha, that's so random! How do you know her? I've never heard about GIA. How popular are they?

QUOTE (Sumpit @ Feb 15 2012, 05:23 PM) *
Hmm Jo In Sung doesn't ring a bell much..
*googles* ah, what happend in bali.. lol I've only seen the first few episodes and then I knew drama wasn't my thing. I watched it because of the actress and the name title.
Snow White is better hehe. I have to say that My Lovely Kim Sam Soon is my fav. comedy, also starring Hyun Bin!
Jo In Sung is more known as a movie actor. Oh yea, Kim Sam Soon was a good drama. Good humor and acting. Its OST was good, too. Have you watched any sitcoms? "High Kick 3" is funny as heck these days. embarassedlaugh.gif

[2005][FMV] Ji Sun "이별못한 이별" (Unfinished breakup)
[2005][FMV] Clazziquai "She Is" (The song starts from 1:00.)

This post has been edited by doggyji: Feb 15 2012, 06:17 PM

+Quote Post
chiuchimu
post Feb 15 2012, 11:52 PM
Post #683

AF Guru
Group Icon

^ WG really blew it. Their strategy lost them their fan baser and momentum. I think they are too old a group to recoup their losses.

Poor Kara. at best #5.

Is best singer meaning who they like the best or who they think can sing the best regardless of popularity?

+Quote Post
doggyji
post Feb 16 2012, 02:14 AM
Post #684

AF Pro
Group Icon

^ It's a popularity contest although I'm not sure about the exact wording of the questions. The report uses a word like "preference".

WG left Korea empty right after they reached the peak. JYP admitted he's lost tons so far by the opportunity cost. He wants to consider that as an investing phase but I don't think he can make up for it in the future. In terms of individual popularity, Hyelim isn't on par with Sunmi who left WG in early 2010.

In 2010, KARA did pretty well considering the number of all idol groups out there but during the dispute, it seems a lot of casual fans lost interest. They weren't very active in Korea in 2011. On the other hand, they gained many fans in Japan last year.

embarassedlaugh.gif embarassedlaugh.gif
Pikachu IU

This video captured the atmosphere of the arena very well.

[Fancam] SNSD "Complete" in Bangkok

A couple of fancams from Music Bank in Paris.

[Fancam] SNSD "The Boys" (Upward side view which is rare.)
[Fancam] Sistar "Ma Boy" (As a full group. It was one of the catchiest Korean pop songs of the year for me. This practice video is more popular than MV for some reason lol)

Neon Bunny (야광토끼) was a keyboardist in The Black Skirts.

This song is very catchy.

[2011][MV] Neon Bunny "조금씩 다가와줘" (Come a little closer)

More songs from her 1st album "Seoulight".

[2011][Audio] Neon Bunny "Can't Stop Thinking About You"
[2011][MV] Neon Bunny "나와 둘이" (Two of us)

This post has been edited by doggyji: Feb 16 2012, 07:40 PM

+Quote Post
mimesis12
post Feb 16 2012, 07:47 PM
Post #685

Group Icon

Hello, could someone recommend to me some authentic korean drum beats in an album collection?I'm specifically looking for pungmul, sanjo, nongak and shinawi beats. also, any djs that experiments with these forms would also help, thank you so much!

+Quote Post
Sumpit
post Feb 17 2012, 04:20 AM
Post #686

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (doggyji @ Feb 16 2012, 02:13 AM) *
Best 10 singers of 2011
2. Big Bang

Best 5 singers for the last 5 years
2. Big Bang

2. Big Bang

2. Big Bang

2. Big Bang

Haha, that's so random! How do you know her? I've never heard about GIA. How popular are they?

Jo In Sung is more known as a movie actor. Oh yea, Kim Sam Soon was a good drama. Good humor and acting. Its OST was good, too. Have you watched any sitcoms? "High Kick 3" is funny as heck these days. embarassedlaugh.gif

[2005][FMV] Ji Sun "이별못한 이별" (Unfinished breakup)
[2005][FMV] Clazziquai "She Is" (The song starts from 1:00.)

LOL!! I feel so sorry for Big Bang, always ending second place embarassedlaugh.gif
How did I meet her ay? I kinda forgot.. Somewhere randomly in Zurich years back. Well I can say this: they're not as popular as SNSD haha (sit leh, siou be :P) Let's say that they're known icon_wink.gif
High Kick 3?! hmm thanks for the info, I might watch that when I have more free time.
Oooooh yeah "she is" that brings back memories biggrin.gif Has the actress that played Kim Sam Soon done any more work? What about Hyun Bin?

+Quote Post
mimesis12
post Feb 17 2012, 07:33 AM
Post #687

Group Icon

This post has been edited by mimesis12: Feb 19 2012, 12:17 PM

+Quote Post
doggyji
post Feb 17 2012, 04:15 PM
Post #688

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (Sumpit @ Feb 17 2012, 04:20 AM) *
Has the actress that played Kim Sam Soon done any more work? What about Hyun Bin?
I can't remember any recent hit drama starring Kim Sun Ah. Hyun Bin was in "Secret Garden" with Ha Ji Won.

QUOTE (mimesis12 @ Feb 17 2012, 07:33 AM) *
You know, too much generic pop music stagnates creative, true music from happening, music that would be more critically respected. It also dumbs down the mass public and youth's IQ.
I wish Korea would begin to foster a more native musical and artistic environment, instead of only letting pop music, music that even in the US is critiqued as being shallow in general, dominate youths popular mind.
You're not really a true artist if you dont write your own stuff, and in pop music, you're not really expressing much. The problem is the imbalance of genres reaching a mass market. In the US, kids are equally or in fact MORE into artists that arent cookie -cutter, even the pop artists here like katy perry like to write their own songs, even Lady Gaga. (This is not to suggest that there aren't plenty of Korean artists that write their own, as even pop music bands like dbsk have now incorporated their own songwriitng)
Pop music industry has always been criticized for various reasons since even the Beatles. We all know the drill. Modern pop music places a strong emphasis on visual presentation. Many people enjoy this form of entertainment and there is nothing wrong with it in itself. I do not really differentiate good pop music stages from musicals. Here I understand your concern is the other relatively overshadowed music scenes. While pop music is supposed to be more TV-friendly and heavily promoted in the show business, different music scenes have always co-existed in Korea. You don't get spoon-fed it like pop music but if you want it, you can easily find it on your own, especially with all the available internet media today.

Songwriting pop stars were dime a dozen in the 90s in Korea. "Division of labor" is more noticeable today. I do not agree with this "you are not a true artist if you are not a singer-songwriter" statement. Let's say this guy wrote a great piece of music but he cannot sing it the way he wants because he doesn't have the right voice or the required vocal talent. A talented singer gets the song and performs it perfectly. Everyone's happy. However, since this whole process wasn't accomplished by a single person, there is not enough artistry? Andrea Bocelli sings songs composed by other people. He is not a "true artist" because he doesn't write his own music? It is a great asset to make music that you perform if you do it right but that cannot be the absolute standard. Good performers have a strong captivating power, which should be appreciated on its own artistic value.

But for Hallyu to be 'korean export' and make its stamp stronger would need Korean culture embedded within it, not merely western pop music mimicked and regurgitated. Like Bollywood dances are all Indian traditional based and all hip hop dances are african tribal dances. Wheres the Korean stuff? I'd like to see that more.
It seems you got something backward. Koreans were doing their stuff, both modern and traditional music (such as Gugak) and found out many young foreign people find what Koreans were doing with modern pop music quite entertaining, so Korean pop industry began going outward for them. There was no reason to consciously try to incorporate "Koreanness". There are K-pop groups or songs that sound very "American" but there are also many others that you just wouldn't hear from American pop music. There are also young trot singers like Jang Yoon Jung and Park Hyun Bin, but foreign fans don't seem to find them as entertaining as Korean dance pop. The industry is catering to the prominent demand. Your expectations will jive only with some independent artists, not the business-oriented media companies.

That's a good interview. I made a post about them in this thread a while ago. His talking-like singing style reminds me of Madangnori (마당놀이).

Anyway, some korean beats please and if someone please manage to find me some dj's that actually play with these native beats . I need the beats because my friend wants to mix and develop them...Seriously, it shocked me that theres no asian beats released into the world.

Whites: pop music (post beatles), all electronic (british,german, french) like trance, ambient, house...etc
Blacks: jazz, hiphop, r&B, developed from african slave songs, songs that the slaves sang working in the fields becomes Blues genre. dances all hiphop dances are afican tribal dances developed,reggae beats also from carribean beats (rihanna) so thats their identity flourishing and being expressed.
Brown Latin people: salsa beats, shakira, ricky martin,j.lo all have latin flavor to their style etc
Middle easterners: traditional music always within their mainstream music, bollywood etc
Asians? WHERES THE ASIAN BEATS? AUTHENTIC ASIAN MUSIC?NONE.

So out of alll the Korean composers that say they study soo much and graduated from a Music Conservatory and no one can mix some phat azz beats from pungmul? Korea needs to stop with the kpop and reach furthur within.

That classification is questionable. For example, within the "whites", there are transmitters and receivers of musical influence. What is the difference between German artists taking UK and American pop/rock sounds and Koreans doing the same? Within the American music industry, Joe takes influence from John. Why is it different when Junho takes ideas from John? You are dividing the music scene by racial groups. Why should it be that way?
Authentic Asian music is none? They have their millenium old traditional music as a whole scene in its own. Many bands mix modern elements, too. Have you heard about 12 Girls Band (女子十二樂坊) from China? Lee Sun Hee has performed with them.

[2005][Live] Lee Sun Hee + 12 Girls Band "인연" (Tie)

For Korean artists, start with these two posts I made:

http://www.asiafinest.com/forum/index.php?...t&p=4853127
http://www.asiafinest.com/forum/index.php?...t&p=4854278

What did you think of 비익련리?

This goes for most asian countries but I'm talking about Korea because its currently at the forefront of asian music.
There are many foreign fans who find Korean pop music fun. This doesn't mean Korean pop is at the "forefront" of Asian music. The fans enjoy pop music in the first place and Korea happens to produce catchy pop tunes they like.

Sorry but anyway, if anyone can dig around and find me some dj's that experiment with native Korean beats and instruments in a modern way, please.
If not then maybe it doesnt exist? wow...true Hallyu shouldve had native Korean elements in it that turn viral and spread into other derivatives. Like how Buddhism thought spread from India, flourished and spread into all of asia and developed/unpacked into other derivatives aka Zen/seon etc. You cant unpack derivatives from art that is a carbon copy, you can only do so if its an authentic, deep and original source.
You gotta be patient here. As you can see, this forum is not active at all. I am pretty much the only regular source poster of this thread. Don't make me too busy. embarassedlaugh.gif

Btw, you are already aware of names like pungmul, sanjo, nongak and shinawi. Then why is it hard to find them on your own? For pungmulnori/samulnori, Kim Duk Soo band is famous.

This post has been edited by doggyji: Feb 22 2012, 09:03 AM

+Quote Post
mimesis12
post Feb 17 2012, 04:58 PM
Post #689

Group Icon

This post has been edited by mimesis12: Feb 19 2012, 12:16 PM

+Quote Post
doggyji
post Feb 17 2012, 05:11 PM
Post #690

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (mimesis12 @ Feb 17 2012, 04:58 PM) *
"Here I understand your concern is the other relatively overshadowed music scenes. While pop music is supposed to be more TV-friendly and heavily promoted in the show business, different music scenes have always co-existed in Korea. You don't get spoon-fed it like pop music but if you want it, you can easily find it on your own, especially with all the available internet media today."

I know the different genres that exist in Korean music, but Id just like them to be more authentically Korean. These are important aspects that if left, causes one's country's culture to stagnate.
Have you even checked the links above?

"Andrea Bocelli sings songs composed by other people. He is not a "true artist" because he doesn't write his own music?"

Bocelli sings opera. More traditional arena. And one of operas origins is Italy hence as he practices opera, he's authentic.
Your original point was that you have to write your own music to be a true artist, which has nothing to do with what music comes from where.

"There are also young trot singers like Jang Yoon Jung and Park Hyun Bin, but foreign fans don't seem to find them as entertaining as Korean dance pop."
Trot's probably too ethnic but it would help if musicians would develop the raw form into a modern way, isnt that what a part of art is? Creation?
Why do you think today's trot is in its "raw" form? Are you familiar with Jang Yoon Jung?

"What is the difference between German artists taking UK and American pop/rock sounds and Koreans doing the same?"
But Americans (first settlers) are ---> British derivatives and British are ----> German derivatives. All Vikings. Same ancentral culture spread out into different forms. Still their own authentic stuff.

my general point was music and art are cultural aspects that represent a nation and a people (not always but is one of the strongest venues for this kind of expression and identity). Why not use that? Why leave it sitting in raw, old, undeveloped, un-brought into the modern world, type of state?
anyway, its weird. Koreans in korea are like americanophiles but Koreans in america are seeking and searching for Korean unity and authenticity. I wish Korea would deliver.
This is also seriously disappointing.
I get that you basically want some ethnic ancestral connection manifested in music. Again, have you checked the links above? For the second link, you gotta scroll down a bit.

This post has been edited by doggyji: Feb 18 2012, 03:23 PM

+Quote Post
mimesis12
post Feb 17 2012, 05:14 PM
Post #691

Group Icon

QUOTE (doggyji @ Feb 17 2012, 05:11 PM) *
Have you even checked the links above?

Your original point was that you have to write your own music to be a true artist, which has nothing to do with what music comes from where.

Why do you think today's trot is in its "raw" form? Are you familiar with Jang Yoon Jung?

I get that you basically want some ethnic ancestral connection manifested in music. Again, have you checked the links above?

Sorry! Ill check the trot songs!

oh and the true artist thing, well it takes more than one point for authenticity.
Native source, and self -expression, songs written by self, is optimum. thanks for the links! ill check!

+Quote Post
mimesis12
post Feb 17 2012, 05:31 PM
Post #692

Group Icon

okay,i just listened to jang yoon jung's oh my omona. Im not deeply familiar with trot other than trot singers from the 60s and stuff that ive heard and Im not too sure what the difference with her version and the 60s versions are. if you could clarify the musical development of the genre.
What i thought was trot songs would work really well mixed into twee pop. Western audiences would probably find it more palatable while still allowing us to keep our native roots.

This post has been edited by mimesis12: Feb 17 2012, 05:32 PM

+Quote Post
ReginaRae
post Feb 18 2012, 01:08 PM
Post #693

AF Pro
Group Icon

How is Hallyu a 'korean export'? I dont see any Korean culture embedded within it at all, I only see western pop music mimicked and thrown back at me, how is it a Korean cultural export unless theres Korean native culture within it? Like Bollywood dances are all Indian traditional based and all hip hop dances are african tribal dances. Wheres the Korean stuff?? Stagnant.

I agree with this, and I also think this is strange. Most countries that have a music market produce music that's distinctly their own, except for South Korea. For example Taiwanese/Chinese music has a certain vibe or structure to it that makes it noticeably C-pop. Europe has its own style of music that you can tell is different than music from the states. And Jpop is probably the most original. Japanese music is a complete creation at the hands of Japanese people - influenced by everything from anime to fashion. Jpop is unlike any other pop music.

I can't say the same for Kpop. I look at mainstream Korean music and I feel it's a mixture of many different things. Korea has taken successful or popular things to come out of Japan, the US and other countries, and are now passing it off as Kpop. Just look at the history of pop music in Korea and you'll find that they've been imitating Japanese music since the 90s. Now Kpop artists might have their own style of dress or their own unique behavior on stage, but Korean pop roots were totally derived from Japanese music. It boggles my mind when people say they don't like American music or Jpop isn't their style, or C-pop is boring so that's why they listen to Kpop, but Kpop is nothing more than really flamboyant, exaggerated Japanese pop music with American elements. I once read somewhere on a forum: "Koreans are masters at taking something that's not theirs and adding their own little twist to it and then convincing people that it's actually Korean and it's fabulous." This is a harsh thing to say and was probably said by a Chinese/Japanese nationalist, but Koreans definitely did this with Kpop. I mean, you'll see them on Japanese, Chinese and Thai pop videos accusing the artists of copying Korean artists. I have to stop myself from commenting them and letting them know that it's actually Korea that's doing the imitating.

I suggest listening to K-indie. K-indie, although maybe a small market compared to Kpop, is distinct. It's unlike American, Taiwanese, French and Japanese indie. It actually has its own sound, the artists write their own music, and some songs do incorporate traditional Korean melodies and instruments. Out of all the Asian markets and genres, Kpop for me is dead last. Any mainstream pop music in my mind is worth listening to more than Kpop.

+Quote Post
doggyji
post Feb 18 2012, 01:15 PM
Post #694

AF Pro
Group Icon

mimesis12, did you check out Sorea and Miji in the link? There are many bands like them. The keyword is 퓨전국악 (fusion gugak). It seems you are unaware of such bands. You don't speak fluent Korean?

This gugak girlgroup called Aria released their first album not too long ago. They are young but they have specialized in what they are doing for a decade at least. There are gugak middle/high schools and university programs.

[2011][Audio] Aria "한숨은 바람되어" (Sighs turning into winds) - instrumental

QUOTE (ReginaRae @ Feb 18 2012, 01:08 PM) *
I agree with this, and I also think this is strange. Most countries that have a music market produce music that's distinctly their own, except for South Korea. For example Taiwanese/Chinese music has a certain vibe or structure to it that makes it noticeably C-pop. Europe has its own style of music that you can tell is different than music from the states. And Jpop is probably the most original. Japanese music is a complete creation at the hands of Japanese people - influenced by everything from anime to fashion. Jpop is unlike any other pop music.

I can't say the same for Kpop. I look at mainstream Korean music and I feel it's a mixture of many different things. Korea has taken successful or popular things to come out of Japan, the US and other countries, and are now passing it off as Kpop. Just look at the history of pop music in Korea and you'll find that they've been imitating Japanese music since the 90s. Now Kpop artists might have their own style of dress or their own unique behavior on stage, but Korean pop roots were totally derived from Japanese music.
It's like more serious Korean musicians are still there doing their music but the specific type of pop music grew remarkably bigger in relative terms. Mainstream pop music industry is lead by professionally profit-pursuing business people. Korean execs have figured out internationally familiar beats with some tweaks and maximized flashiness work well. Those pop labels have no particular incentive to pursue and experiment completely distinctive original tunes when they already know what sells well. After some success of the pioneering companies, many other commercial labels began jumping on that bandwagon. The net industry has become economically healthier but this leads to the overshadowing of other musical acts. K-Indie fans may find this annoying but they still have no problem getting their doze of music as long as they know where to tune to.

It boggles my mind when people say they don't like American music or Jpop isn't their style, or C-pop is boring so that's why they listen to Kpop, but Kpop is nothing more than really flamboyant, exaggerated Japanese pop music with American elements.
I've heard "K-pop is fresh! Better than American pop!" so many times from new K-pop fans in the honeymoon phase. It's not really about the music itself most times. They get into the individual pop idols and all that related TV culture. Following the choreography is a big part, too.

I once read somewhere on a forum: "Koreans are masters at taking something that's not theirs and adding their own little twist to it and then convincing people that it's actually Korean and it's fabulous." This is a harsh thing to say and was probably said by a Chinese/Japanese nationalist, but Koreans definitely did this with Kpop.
If the foreign fans find the typical "combination" of elements in K-pop polished and fun, good for them for finding something they can enjoy. It's their preference. You don't have to twist it and go on to say as if Koreans are "convincing them that it's actually Korean and fabulous". If it's fun for them, it is. There's no "fake" fun.

I mean, you'll see them on Japanese, Chinese and Thai pop videos accusing the artists of copying Korean artists. I have to stop myself from commenting them and letting them know that it's actually Korea that's doing the imitating.
Why do you even assume those comments are from "Koreans"? So many non-Koreans meddle with K-pop-related stuff these days. It's most likely not Koreans especially if it is Thai or Viet pop music. I've noticed SEA K-pop fans are very quick to accuse their own or other SEA pop acts of imitating K-pop and most Koreans have no hard feelings toward SEAsians at all. There was a bit of arguing between Korean and Taiwanese netizens when the social media first emerged and everything became easily available online because some people thought it was the Koreans who copied Taiwanese pop music when it was mostly the opposite way. Older Korean pop acts were influenced mainly by American and Japanese (especially the idol scene) pop music but these days, it seems K-pop has parted away from J-popish sounds overall.

Feel free to share your favorite Korean indie acts. I've posted quite a few here.

This post has been edited by doggyji: Feb 18 2012, 02:54 PM

+Quote Post
mimesis12
post Feb 18 2012, 02:45 PM
Post #695

Group Icon

"For example Taiwanese/Chinese music has a certain vibe or structure to it that makes it noticeably C-pop. "
Honestly, other that the language being in cantonese, I dont see anything other than western music being mimicked.
Pop music isnt asian.

"Jpop is probably the most original. Japanese music is a complete creation at the hands of Japanese people - influenced by everything from anime to fashion. Jpop is unlike any other pop music."

They like to mix different genres in eclectic ways but it can hardly be credited to only Japan. Like even utada Hikaru, so popular, shes basically mixing pop and electronic. neither sources are natively asian.

"Korean pop roots were totally derived from Japanese music."

Not really , it happened when both countries were 'opened' up by the west after Japan got nuked.

"I mean, you'll see them on Japanese, Chinese and Thai pop videos accusing the artists of copying Korean artists"

Theyre probably talking about the visual style and energy that comes off Korean videos and music, the vibe that is so popular lately.

But yeah, i love k-indie.

This post has been edited by mimesis12: Feb 18 2012, 02:52 PM

+Quote Post
doggyji
post Feb 18 2012, 03:12 PM
Post #696

AF Pro
Group Icon

mimesis12, did you know there is a national traditional music organization like this?
National Gugak Center

QUOTE (mimesis12 @ Feb 18 2012, 02:45 PM) *
"Korean pop roots were totally derived from Japanese music."

Not really , it happened when both countries were 'opened' up by the west after Japan got nuked.
It depends on the specific genre. For modern idol pop music, early Korean groups were not very different from Japanese ones. What mainstream Korean pop labels have done is combining different elements from wherever to create a vibe, which may not be whole brand new but still different. This is not purely about music, of course.

Everyone says 2PM owned the stage in Music Bank Paris. Was it because their music was so original or has some deep artistic value? Absolutely not. That's not even what the foreign fans seek in the first place. They just wanted to party under K-pop stage presence and the 2PM guys brought it.

[Live] 2PM riling up the fans
[Live] 2PM "Put Your Hands Up"

Two strong 15 year-old contestants from the last episode of the SBS audition show. They were in the same group competing against each other. The judges chose Lee Hai this time but Park Ji Min still has a chance.

[Audition] Park Ji Min "난 널 사랑해" (I love you)
[Audition] Lee Hai "Mercy"

This post has been edited by doggyji: Feb 20 2012, 07:12 PM

+Quote Post
doggyji
post Feb 20 2012, 05:47 PM
Post #697

AF Pro
Group Icon

Spam threads are overwhelming. Bumping up with Seohyun.

This post has been edited by doggyji: Feb 20 2012, 05:50 PM

+Quote Post
InitialDJay
post Feb 21 2012, 02:20 AM
Post #698

AF Elite
Group Icon

lol watup mr. doggyjie. can you post some fast-beat music to listen? i'm on a k-music crave at the moment. embarassedlaugh.gif

+Quote Post
zoopiter
post Feb 21 2012, 01:09 PM
Post #699

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (doggyji @ Feb 21 2012, 06:47 AM) *
Spam threads are overwhelming. Bumping up with Seohyun.

the spamming are terrible. by the way, do u have experience of purchasing korean mp3 online?

http://kpop.soribada.com/Kr/ looks great but i wasn't sure if there is better avenues for cost to quality
i had recently invested in better audio equipment but also wanted to improve the source quality, and may pick some of these selectively.

+Quote Post
doggyji
post Feb 21 2012, 03:24 PM
Post #700

AF Pro
Group Icon

New releases.

[2012][MV] Miss A "Touch"

[2012][MV] Big Bang "Blue"

QUOTE (InitialDJay @ Feb 21 2012, 02:20 AM) *
lol watup mr. doggyjie. can you post some fast-beat music to listen? i'm on a k-music crave at the moment. embarassedlaugh.gif
Fast beats. Are you somewhat familiar with the currently active mainstream pop singers now? Are you looking for songs like these I've posted before?

[1999][MV] Lee Jung Hyun "바꿔" (Change)
[1999][MV] Koyote "순정" (Innocence)
[1998][MV] Kim Hyun Jung "그녀와의 이별" (Breakup with her)

Check this out. Pongjak master, Epaksa (이박사)! embarassedlaugh.gif

[2000][MV] Epaksa "Space Fantasy"
[2001][Audio] Epaksa "Monkey Magic"

QUOTE (zoopiter @ Feb 21 2012, 01:09 PM) *
the spamming are terrible. by the way, do u have experience of purchasing korean mp3 online?

http://kpop.soribada.com/Kr/ looks great but i wasn't sure if there is better avenues for cost to quality
i had recently invested in better audio equipment but also wanted to improve the source quality, and may pick some of these selectively.
If you are not in Korea, it's hard to use sites like Melon and Bugs. Soribada is your best bet to legally buy Korean mp3 outside Korea. They also have English pages.

This post has been edited by doggyji: Feb 21 2012, 03:58 PM

+Quote Post

36 Pages V  « < 33 34 35 36 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 10:56 AM