Reply to this topicStart new topic
Life after School
Ties
post Jun 11 2011, 04:58 PM
Post #1

AF Addict
Group Icon

Group: Members

How are you guys doing after school? How long as it been since graduation and are you happy with where you are at this point and time?

It's been about a year since I graduated and I have to say the life of a white collar worker sucks.
Although having "real" money is nice; work is lame; not really what I expected while in school.

I don't really mind where I'm at though, I can afford a decent place and am totally independent.
I'm glad I'm not married yet with kids and living in my parent's basement as I think the mid twenty's are a lot more fun (especially when you have your own money biggrin.gif) for going out, traveling, messing around, and having a good time.

Also I noticed that married people only hang out with other married people, why is that?...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
txoomsuab2
post Jun 11 2011, 07:28 PM
Post #2

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (Ties @ Jun 11 2011, 05:58 PM) *
How are you guys doing after school? How long as it been since graduation and are you happy with where you are at this point and time?

It's been about a year since I graduated and I have to say the life of a white collar worker sucks.
Although having "real" money is nice; work is lame; not really what I expected while in school.

I don't really mind where I'm at though, I can afford a decent place and am totally independent.
I'm glad I'm not married yet with kids and living in my parent's basement as I think the mid twenty's are a lot more fun (especially when you have your own money biggrin.gif) for going out, traveling, messing around, and having a good time.

Also I noticed that married people only hang out with other married people, why is that?...

well i just barely finished highschool so um i plan on getting my driver's license

+Quote Post
qaib
post Jun 11 2011, 08:05 PM
Post #3

AF Pro
Group Icon

You know, I just graduated three weeks ago. It's a struggle.

I agree with you. Friends that are married, I can't seem to hang out with them anymore. They don't even call me anymore.

I guess it's good to hang out with single people.

Enjoy life. I don't think I'm ever going to get married.

+Quote Post
lilasiankid
post Jun 11 2011, 09:15 PM
Post #4

AF Supreme
Group Icon

I can't wait to finish school and get a job.

+Quote Post
txoomsuab2
post Jun 11 2011, 10:46 PM
Post #5

AF Pro
Group Icon

damn u guys r old lol jk i guess i'm the youngest one

+Quote Post
qaib
post Jun 12 2011, 12:16 AM
Post #6

AF Pro
Group Icon

^

how young are you?

+Quote Post
txoomsuab2
post Jun 12 2011, 01:25 AM
Post #7

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (qaib @ Jun 12 2011, 01:16 AM) *
^

how young are you?

just finished highschool

+Quote Post
YourMuDoIsWeak
post Jun 12 2011, 05:17 AM
Post #8

AF Pro
Group Icon

By the time I graduate College I will probably be 26 years old and I will be a Commisioned Officer in the Infantry hopefully.

Highschool was a hell of a time and after I graduated I stayed in the same mentality. All i did was attend classes do BJJ and smoke ganja. I should have Ignored my family obligations and enlisted into the Army right after highschool. I would have avoided my shoulder condition and I would be well on my way to earning my commision.

Hind sight is 20/20 tho and although I regret alot of things I have done I am wiser for it.

+Quote Post
population1
post Jun 12 2011, 10:06 AM
Post #9

AF Addict
Group Icon

well, I graduated with an A.A.S. degree in general studies of liberal arts and sciences. still continuing my education further, give/take another few more years. but, earning credits from schooling toward my career choice, which is in the healthcare field, isn't all I'm putting in. there is the workforce, at any stage, with or w/o education but more on-the-job experience, which I've accumulated in order to maximize my options. I've had quite a number of different types of job out there, and have had the training as well as experience, but my most sought out and involved in right now are technical fields and light industrial, which I prefer. currently working to get back into my surgical tech program as an electrical assembler/technician working with engineers as well. I was enlisted in the ANG (favored that route in the military as I liked the offer and the flexibility of it) as an engineer with the occupation of power-generation equipment repairer, however, with status of proper release in good terms. I'm away from family and friends most of the time.

although, I've never had that problem in the past about married couples only hanging out with married couples. on the contrary, I felt literally singled out, since I was the only one single while others are married, engaged, or seriously in a relationship. I don't hang out with married couples much anymore. I've got my own agendas. I hated to be the guy trying to make others' relationships work out anyway.

This post has been edited by population1: Jun 12 2011, 10:10 AM

+Quote Post
yajthaugluv
post Jun 14 2011, 08:33 PM
Post #10

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (Ties @ Jun 11 2011, 04:58 PM) *

That's just the way bro. Single people like us are outcasts from our married friends. Even being single, there isn't any fun in it any more.

+Quote Post
johnbrittasjs
post Sep 19 2011, 10:48 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

With a mindset like this, you're not really going to get out of the gutter. Look at your hobbies. What do you do all day? Read magazines, eat food, go on the Internet, I presume? There's lots of little jobs like survey-takers, food critics and mystery shoppers are popular in Britain.
3 tips.
1) Hard Work always pays off in the end.
2) Look, look and look. Don't give up your search, giving up just pits you back on Square One.
3) A new mindset changes everything. See the end result of hard work, and see it pay off.

+Quote Post
sharleenreyna
post Sep 23 2011, 01:22 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

i really miss my school life...icon_sad.gif

+Quote Post
mingy88
post Jan 15 2012, 06:20 AM
Post #13

AF Fan
Group Icon

I probably won't be finished uni til I'm 25. and I know the 'after university' life is hard, but I'm ready to be done with school now.

This post has been edited by mingy88: Jan 15 2012, 07:14 AM

+Quote Post
sorelegs2014
post Jun 21 2012, 06:49 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

i probably won't be finished with school until i'm 99939202359205230958230985232039852309823.... i can say i'm ready for school to be done now also. I think life after with a boring job and money won't be all that bad as long as you have good friends and someone to love.. lol.

That last part yep... married people probably only hang out with married people because of certain things only married people talk about? confused.gif

+Quote Post
Puggles
post Jul 5 2012, 02:52 AM
Post #15

AF Elite
Group Icon

I finished school and working is so much more stressful. You have a lot more money, but I'm not as happy...

+Quote Post
Old Cowboy
post Aug 9 2012, 12:08 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

How long have I been out of school? Since which time? I earned a Bachelor of Science 34 years ago, then I earned Masters 3 1/2 years ago. Both times I loved school, and even at my age I miss being in school. I miss the interaction with my classmates, I miss the mental stimulation, I miss the campus, yes I miss doing the research, writing, and studying. I live in a rural area where a large part of the population does not have a higher education, I find myself easily frustrated with some of the ignorance I deal with on a daily basis...wish I was closer to a major, high quality school, and wish I could take classes just to be able to spend some time with students and people who wanted to learn.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 06:45 AM