Reply to this topicStart new topic
Race Census questions are Racist, Proves that Asians are the most threatening
devils666
post Jul 17 2011, 02:30 PM
Post #1

AF Pro
Group Icon

Group: Members

Everytime you apply for a school or job or questionaire you're asked to give your race. Why? I think asking for someone's race is racist in itself.

Here are the choices:

White (European, Arab, or N. African)
Hispanic
Native American
Black
Pacific Islander
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Filipino
Vietnamese
Native Hawaiian
Guamanian

Asians make up only 5% of the population, but why are these race questions dedicated to dividing us up into little categories? Yet White people get to absorb Arabs, some hispanics, and N. Africans? If that's they case, Asians should also include Native Americans. I think these race questions are used to keep tabs on Asians and to divide us.

Everyone should boycott race questions if you are Asian! If they make you answer, call the company/school and complain.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Metropolitan
post Jul 18 2011, 05:55 PM
Post #2

AF Pro
Group Icon

You got a point there dude. I always how an Arab could ever consider himself white in this country. After the World Trade Center Bombing it was "damn ragheads" etc and after Sept. 21, 2001 it was even worse. White people diss on my neighbor that looks exactly like an Arab even though he and his wife are actually Portuguese embarassedlaugh.gif

Native Americans are very marginalized however. But if they were classified as Asian and therefore the Asian population is that much higher doesn't more support come their way in proportion as well? Most N. Americans are so Caucasian mixed I find most to look like a white person in "Indian-Face" as in one of those John Wayne Westerns.

+Quote Post
Taln
post Jul 19 2011, 02:15 PM
Post #3

AF Addict
Group Icon

Interesting examples. I have never seen a form with those options. Where are those to example from?

All the ones I have seen lately, list "Middle Eastern", if at all, not "Arab".
Never seen any listing as "North African" or "European".
I have not seen a listing as "Asian Indian" ever; just "Indian".
"Native American" has been standard for quite a while, but the only time I have seen any Tribe specification asked was on government forms from the BIA dealing with grants and aid that vary from tribe to tribe.
Nor have I seen Asian broken down into subcategories, unless it was specifically surveying only an Asian community.

Those two examples are clearly prejudicial and unacceptable to me, whether they are legal or not.

+Quote Post
mushrooms
post Jul 19 2011, 04:01 PM
Post #4

AF Pro
Group Icon

Interesting point. But I think the reason it is so specific is so it can cater to specific needs of those different Asian ethnicities. Right? While other ethnicities are being clumped together, it doesn't really help their needs.

+Quote Post
devils666
post Jul 25 2011, 04:35 PM
Post #5

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (mushrooms @ Jul 19 2011, 04:01 PM) *
Interesting point. But I think the reason it is so specific is so it can cater to specific needs of those different Asian ethnicities. Right? While other ethnicities are being clumped together, it doesn't really help their needs.

Bull$hit. Are you saying that the US set up these racist census questions because they care so deeply about the 5% Asian population? Does that mean they don't care about the White, Black, or Hispanic population? embarassedlaugh.gif

America cares about Asians the least - but they fear us the most. That's why they are trying to keep tabs on us with these questions that divide Asians.

+Quote Post
AsiaticGlory
post Feb 17 2012, 03:42 AM
Post #6

AF Pro
Group Icon

Part of the blame is on the Asians themselves. The sad truth is that a lot of Asians don't want to be lumped into the same category as other Asians. What those Asians don't realize is that race has NOTHING to do with diplomacy. Race is about your facial features, bone structure, genes, and to some extent skin color. Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, Mongolians, Vietnamese, etc. are part of the same race regardless of whether or not they want to kill each other.

For the record, white nationalists don't like how whites get put in the same group as Middle Easterners.

In any case, it's obvious the US Census has a fallacious racial classification system.

This is how race should be classified:

Non-mixed People
- Mongoloid
- proto-Mongoloid
- Melanesian
- Negrito
- Australian Aborigine
- Amerind
- Europid
- Semitic
- Negroid
- Capoid

Mixed People
- Desi (South Asians)
- Polynesian
- Mestizo
- Mulatto
- Austronesian
- Eurasian/Turanid (Mongoloids who mixed with Europids and Semitics)
- Levantian (Semitics who look kind of Europid)

This post has been edited by AsiaticGlory: Feb 17 2012, 03:44 AM

+Quote Post
whiteosama
post Feb 18 2012, 06:53 AM
Post #7

AF Fan
Group Icon

QUOTE (AsiaticGlory @ Feb 17 2012, 03:42 AM) *
Part of the blame is on the Asians themselves. The sad truth is that a lot of Asians don't want to be lumped into the same category as other Asians. What those Asians don't realize is that race has NOTHING to do with diplomacy. Race is about your facial features, bone structure, genes, and to some extent skin color. Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, Mongolians, Vietnamese, etc. are part of the same race regardless of whether or not they want to kill each other.

For the record, white nationalists don't like how whites get put in the same group as Middle Easterners.

In any case, it's obvious the US Census has a fallacious racial classification system.

This is how race should be classified:

Non-mixed People
- Mongoloid
- proto-Mongoloid
- Melanesian
- Negrito
- Australian Aborigine
- Amerind
- Europid
- Semitic
- Negroid
- Capoid

Mixed People
- Desi (South Asians)
- Polynesian
- Mestizo
- Mulatto
- Austronesian
- Eurasian/Turanid (Mongoloids who mixed with Europids and Semitics)
- Levantian (Semitics who look kind of Europid)

i always thought that vietnamese is part of Southeast Asian they are part of ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations)
they look different than other SEA is because they have been mixing with the chinese a lot

+Quote Post
whiteosama
post Feb 18 2012, 07:04 AM
Post #8

AF Fan
Group Icon

QUOTE (devils666 @ Jul 17 2011, 02:30 PM) *
Asians make up only 5% of the population, but why are these race questions dedicated to dividing us up into little categories? Yet White people get to absorb Arabs, some hispanics, and N. Africans? If that's they case, Asians should also include Native Americans. I think these race questions are used to keep tabs on Asians and to divide us.

Everyone should boycott race questions if you are Asian! If they make you answer, call the company/school and complain.

I think this is because asian make up the largest minorities in most americas colleges CMIIW...it's almost normal for middle income people from my country send their kids to western college after high school, US, Canada, Austalia, NZ, Britain, etc most of them are not citizen, they have student visa or permanent residence....and then they go back home after graduated.

This post has been edited by whiteosama: Feb 18 2012, 07:16 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 05:40 PM