do they look australian aboriginal??
ocrapdm
post Aug 1 2011, 09:12 PM
Post #21

AF Guru
Group Icon

Group: Members

QUOTE (DPSlock @ Jul 30 2011, 11:23 PM) *
according to your set list of australoid features....Han Sy, Tony Tan, and Timothy Chan are australoid looking...and even then they r the extreme minority...pure chinese account for only less then 1% of the population

lol most so called chinese in the Philippines look similar to this

and you wonder why chinese chat doesnt accept you

LOL. They're NOT Australoid looking at all. Both Hans Sy and Tony Tan have the typical average Southern Chinese look and they wouldn't have a hard time passing as locals in China - at least in SOUTHERN China.

Timothy Chan is the kid at the right, NOT the kid at the left who obviously is Pinoy and has OBVIOUS Australoid features. embarassedlaugh.gif

The TOTAL NUMBER OF CHINESE in the PHILIPPINES is disputed - it's now pegged at 10%, NOT 1%. The 1% in statistics is the percentage of CHINESE NATIONALS RESIDENT IN THE PHILIPPINES! rotflmao.gif

The US-backed government of the Philippines (which is similarly Sinophobic - Chinese discrimination was alive in the Phils until the mid-70s) during the early years of independence always sought to MINIMIZE the relative size of the ethnic Chinese in the Philippines. This has been carried over to the present, so much so that most people think that ONLY 1% of Philippine population is Chinese. On the contrary, A LOT OF CHINOY GROUPS now believe it is 10% - or at the very least, 5%! For one thing, there are a lot of Chinese in both Metro Manila and Metro Cebu - and a large population of Ilagan (Isabela), Vigan (Ilocos Sur), Angeles (Pampanga), Naga (Camarines Sur), Legazpi (Albay), Iloilo, Bacolod, Zamboanga City, and Davao.

::: The total number of pure ethnic Chinese in the Philippines is now 10% of the entire Philippine population
::: And the total number of Chinese half-breeds and other partly-Chinese in the Philippines probably account for 15% of the population - they're the light-skinned Filipinos, and this INCLUDES YOU!! (if you are really light skinned as you say)

The other 75% are the everyday brown-skinned Malays (i.e., Southern Mongoloid + Australoid hybrids)

Most so-called "Spanish mestizos" in the Phils are themselves mixed with Chinese too (and thus are included in the 15% above) - examples include Jaime Zobel de Ayala, the Roxas family, the Araneta family, the Tuason family, and many others.

QUOTE (martin_nuke @ Jul 31 2011, 02:44 PM) *
Actually Xian Lim is the only one who has Australoid features and the rest of them look East Asian. Xiam Lim has a small percentage or Australoid, Spanish of British blood somewhere.

Australoid eh? Most Pinoys say he looks Mestizo. rotflmao.gif

This post has been edited by ocrapdm: Aug 1 2011, 09:14 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sahaliyan
post Aug 2 2011, 08:26 AM
Post #22

AF Geek
Group Icon

These are Taiwannese aboriginese beerchug.gif
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjc2NzgzMDIw.html
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjg4NzYzMjIw.html
I'll show you the pride of savages
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seediq_Bale

+Quote Post
sahaliyan
post Aug 2 2011, 08:40 AM
Post #23

AF Geek
Group Icon

The actor of Mona Rudao is a Taiwannese Atayal

+Quote Post
DPSlock
post Aug 2 2011, 09:44 AM
Post #24

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (ocrapdm @ Aug 1 2011, 10:12 PM) *
LOL. They're NOT Australoid looking at all. Both Hans Sy and Tony Tan have the typical average Southern Chinese look and they wouldn't have a hard time passing as locals in China - at least in SOUTHERN China.

Timothy Chan is the kid at the right, NOT the kid at the left who obviously is Pinoy and has OBVIOUS Australoid features. embarassedlaugh.gif

The TOTAL NUMBER OF CHINESE in the PHILIPPINES is disputed - it's now pegged at 10%, NOT 1%. The 1% in statistics is the percentage of CHINESE NATIONALS RESIDENT IN THE PHILIPPINES! rotflmao.gif

The US-backed government of the Philippines (which is similarly Sinophobic - Chinese discrimination was alive in the Phils until the mid-70s) during the early years of independence always sought to MINIMIZE the relative size of the ethnic Chinese in the Philippines. This has been carried over to the present, so much so that most people think that ONLY 1% of Philippine population is Chinese. On the contrary, A LOT OF CHINOY GROUPS now believe it is 10% - or at the very least, 5%! For one thing, there are a lot of Chinese in both Metro Manila and Metro Cebu - and a large population of Ilagan (Isabela), Vigan (Ilocos Sur), Angeles (Pampanga), Naga (Camarines Sur), Legazpi (Albay), Iloilo, Bacolod, Zamboanga City, and Davao.

::: The total number of pure ethnic Chinese in the Philippines is now 10% of the entire Philippine population
::: And the total number of Chinese half-breeds and other partly-Chinese in the Philippines probably account for 15% of the population - they're the light-skinned Filipinos, and this INCLUDES YOU!! (if you are really light skinned as you say)

The other 75% are the everyday brown-skinned Malays (i.e., Southern Mongoloid + Australoid hybrids)

Most so-called "Spanish mestizos" in the Phils are themselves mixed with Chinese too (and thus are included in the 15% above) - examples include Jaime Zobel de Ayala, the Roxas family, the Araneta family, the Tuason family, and many others.

Australoid eh? Most Pinoys say he looks Mestizo. rotflmao.gif

considering australoid and causcoid features overlap....i wouldn't doubt if they thought he looked mestizo
no ocrap....true blue ethnic full ethnic chinese only account 1% ...10% are the mixed chinese....aka the aquinos and all the other mestizo families

you do know light skinned people are also found amongst the rural and blue collar class
even amongst muslim filipinos in the south

don't tell me they r chinese too....I doubt chinese marry muslim seperatists often...conidering they r prime kidnapping targets
lol australoid-mongoloid hybdrids like this maranao girl

This post has been edited by DPSlock: Aug 2 2011, 09:45 AM

+Quote Post
ocrapdm
post Aug 2 2011, 09:24 PM
Post #25

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE (DPSlock @ Aug 2 2011, 10:44 PM) *
considering australoid and causcoid features overlap....i wouldn't doubt if they thought he looked mestizo
no ocrap....true blue ethnic full ethnic chinese only account 1% ...10% are the mixed chinese....aka the aquinos and all the other mestizo families

you do know light skinned people are also found amongst the rural and blue collar class
even amongst muslim filipinos in the south

don't tell me they r chinese too....I doubt chinese marry muslim seperatists often...conidering they r prime kidnapping targets
lol australoid-mongoloid hybdrids like this maranao girl

LOL. Is he DARK-SKINNED or BROWN-SKINNED?!?! embarassedlaugh.gif

According to Austin Craig's demographics, ONE-THIRD of the population of Luzon IS either CHINESE OR MESTIZO DE SANGLEY (which is, CHINESE HALF-BREED) - since Luzon is the largest island in the Philippines, I think therefore that about 25% is of pure or mixed Chinese descent nowadays. THIS AUSTIN CRAIG wrote his book during the late 1800s (I think) - AND THE VAST MAJORITY of CHINESE nowadays emigrated from China during the 1920s-1940s!

Given all those data, the number of Chinese living in the Philippines is rightfully pegged at 25%, with 10% being PURE (or just slightly admixed with Spanish or Filipino) - while the other 15% are people who are at least HALF OR LESS CHINESE. This 15% obviously includes Aquino and ALL THE LIGHT-SKINNED FILIPINOS.

Of course, did you even know that Chinese intermarriage among Muslim royalty and nobility was noted historically? That's why most Muslim royalty and nobility have light-skinned. Many Maranaos themselves are light-skinned and many look Chinesey as well - because the Maranaos formed the cream and crop of Muslim Filipino society.

Lest you don't know, there are PLENTY of Chinese and Chinese half-breeds in Moro lands in Mindanao - yep, they do have an ARABIC name like most Muslim Filipinos, and a CHINESE (or even Arabic/Maranao) surname! The Chinese there are named like Ibrahim Tan, Mahmud Ong, Yasser Adiong, etc. The Muslim Pinoys do NOT dislike the Chinese. In fact they dislike the Catholic Pinoys A THOUSAND TIMES more than they dislike the Chinese. Unlike in the rest of Catholic Philippines, the Chinese in Mindanao do NOT experience racism...

... which is why Zamboanga, Basilan, and Cotabato have LARGE burgeoning Chinese communities. Sulu currently has an ethnic CHINESE governor - Abdusakur Tan. And the mass-murderer Ampatuan's grandmother was an ethnic CHINESE as well (who goes by the surname "Uy").

The Islamization of the Philippines (of Mindanao, specifically) did NOT RESULT JUST FROM THE ARAB MISSIONARY MAKHDUM KARIM - it also came by way of MUSLIM HAN CHINESE (i.e., Hui Chinese).

Sulu was a vassal state of the Ming Dynasty - just like most of the Philippine barangays (city-states) during that time.

SULTAN PADUKA PAHALA is the first and ONLY MONARCH of the Philippines to visit China. He was the Sultan of Sulu. He died in China, and many of his descendants stayed to guard his tomb. They live in Dezhou, China, and are now considered part of the Hui Chinese. They all speak Chinese now.

This post has been edited by ocrapdm: Aug 2 2011, 09:32 PM

+Quote Post
DPSlock
post Aug 2 2011, 11:37 PM
Post #26

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (ocrapdm @ Aug 2 2011, 10:24 PM) *
LOL. Is he DARK-SKINNED or BROWN-SKINNED?!?! embarassedlaugh.gif

According to Austin Craig's demographics, ONE-THIRD of the population of Luzon IS either CHINESE OR MESTIZO DE SANGLEY (which is, CHINESE HALF-BREED) - since Luzon is the largest island in the Philippines, I think therefore that about 25% is of pure or mixed Chinese descent nowadays. THIS AUSTIN CRAIG wrote his book during the late 1800s (I think) - AND THE VAST MAJORITY of CHINESE nowadays emigrated from China during the 1920s-1940s!

Given all those data, the number of Chinese living in the Philippines is rightfully pegged at 25%, with 10% being PURE (or just slightly admixed with Spanish or Filipino) - while the other 15% are people who are at least HALF OR LESS CHINESE. This 15% obviously includes Aquino and ALL THE LIGHT-SKINNED FILIPINOS.

Of course, did you even know that Chinese intermarriage among Muslim royalty and nobility was noted historically? That's why most Muslim royalty and nobility have light-skinned. Many Maranaos themselves are light-skinned and many look Chinesey as well - because the Maranaos formed the cream and crop of Muslim Filipino society.

Lest you don't know, there are PLENTY of Chinese and Chinese half-breeds in Moro lands in Mindanao - yep, they do have an ARABIC name like most Muslim Filipinos, and a CHINESE (or even Arabic/Maranao) surname! The Chinese there are named like Ibrahim Tan, Mahmud Ong, Yasser Adiong, etc. The Muslim Pinoys do NOT dislike the Chinese. In fact they dislike the Catholic Pinoys A THOUSAND TIMES more than they dislike the Chinese. Unlike in the rest of Catholic Philippines, the Chinese in Mindanao do NOT experience racism...

... which is why Zamboanga, Basilan, and Cotabato have LARGE burgeoning Chinese communities. Sulu currently has an ethnic CHINESE governor - Abdusakur Tan. And the mass-murderer Ampatuan's grandmother was an ethnic CHINESE as well (who goes by the surname "Uy").

The Islamization of the Philippines (of Mindanao, specifically) did NOT RESULT JUST FROM THE ARAB MISSIONARY MAKHDUM KARIM - it also came by way of MUSLIM HAN CHINESE (i.e., Hui Chinese).

Sulu was a vassal state of the Ming Dynasty - just like most of the Philippine barangays (city-states) during that time.

SULTAN PADUKA PAHALA is the first and ONLY MONARCH of the Philippines to visit China. He was the Sultan of Sulu. He died in China, and many of his descendants stayed to guard his tomb. They live in Dezhou, China, and are now considered part of the Hui Chinese. They all speak Chinese now.

BS....muslim girls dont marry kafirs....who told you that fairy tale of ancient philippine royalty being all chinese
dont bring hui into this...most chinese in Philippines were southern chinese from Fujian province who came to spanish controlled Philippines to make a quick buck

and why wouldn't they hate the people who control much of what happens in Manila...which is their hated enemy

This post has been edited by DPSlock: Aug 2 2011, 11:44 PM

+Quote Post
martin_nuke
post Aug 3 2011, 03:22 AM
Post #27

AF Elite
Group Icon

Zheng He of the Yuan Dynasty is Muslim.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zheng_He

There were many Chinese merchants during that time who are also Muslim..

This post has been edited by martin_nuke: Aug 3 2011, 03:27 AM

+Quote Post
ocrapdm
post Aug 3 2011, 04:26 AM
Post #28

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE (DPSlock @ Aug 3 2011, 12:37 PM) *
BS....muslim girls dont marry kafirs....who told you that fairy tale of ancient philippine royalty being all chinese
dont bring hui into this...most chinese in Philippines were southern chinese from Fujian province who came to spanish controlled Philippines to make a quick buck

and why wouldn't they hate the people who control much of what happens in Manila...which is their hated enemy

LOL. There are tarsilas (Muslim genealogies) confirming this. Even the Sulu Sultan before said that they have Chinese ancestors and relatives. rotflmao.gif

LOL. Wrong!

1. Most Chinese who came to Mindanao before the Spaniards came are HUI CHINESE, and they helped Islamicize the Philippines - THEIR DESCENDANTS are today's MUSLIM FILIPINO ROYALTY.
2. Most Chinese who came to the Philippines during the Spanish colonization were CANTONESE HAN CHINESE, and they aggressively intermarried with Spanish, Filipinos, and later Chinese migrants - THEIR DESCENDANTS are today's LIGHT-SKINNED FILIPINOS and SPANISH MESTIZOS.
3. Most Chinese who came to the Philippines during the American colonization were HOKKIENESE HAN CHINESE - THEIR DESCENDANTS are the so-called "Pure Chinese" today.

Oh, and its a given fact that the first people to be civilized in the Philippines are the "hated" Moros, not the Luzon or the Visayan peoples.

Aristocracy in ancient Philippines was governed by skin color, I believe. As Pigafetta and Salcedo testifies, the majority of the rulers of the city-states (i.e., barangays) were of mixed "Indio" and Chinese ancestry (i.e., light-skinned) - and that many of the civilized "lowlanders" of Luzon had "obvious Chinese ancestry".

It's a given fact that in ALL CULTURES, even in Africa, the chief and nobility always HAD A LIGHTER SKIN SHADE compared to his subordinates.

Even now, Philippine high society is STILL comprised of Filipinos of Chinese and/or Spanish with a little Malay descent.

Which is why I am saying that rich Filipinos have zero to little Australoid descent, while the poorest-poor Filipinos are either half or of full Australoid descent. Most provincial folks (e.g., farmers, teachers, employees) fall in between.

This post has been edited by ocrapdm: Aug 3 2011, 04:34 AM

+Quote Post
DPSlock
post Aug 3 2011, 06:31 AM
Post #29

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (ocrapdm @ Aug 3 2011, 05:26 AM) *
LOL. There are tarsilas (Muslim genealogies) confirming this. Even the Sulu Sultan before said that they have Chinese ancestors and relatives. rotflmao.gif

LOL. Wrong!

1. Most Chinese who came to Mindanao before the Spaniards came are HUI CHINESE, and they helped Islamicize the Philippines - THEIR DESCENDANTS are today's MUSLIM FILIPINO ROYALTY.
2. Most Chinese who came to the Philippines during the Spanish colonization were CANTONESE HAN CHINESE, and they aggressively intermarried with Spanish, Filipinos, and later Chinese migrants - THEIR DESCENDANTS are today's LIGHT-SKINNED FILIPINOS and SPANISH MESTIZOS.
3. Most Chinese who came to the Philippines during the American colonization were HOKKIENESE HAN CHINESE - THEIR DESCENDANTS are the so-called "Pure Chinese" today.

Oh, and its a given fact that the first people to be civilized in the Philippines are the "hated" Moros, not the Luzon or the Visayan peoples.

Aristocracy in ancient Philippines was governed by skin color, I believe. As Pigafetta and Salcedo testifies, the majority of the rulers of the city-states (i.e., barangays) were of mixed "Indio" and Chinese ancestry (i.e., light-skinned) - and that many of the civilized "lowlanders" of Luzon had "obvious Chinese ancestry".

It's a given fact that in ALL CULTURES, even in Africa, the chief and nobility always HAD A LIGHTER SKIN SHADE compared to his subordinates.

Even now, Philippine high society is STILL comprised of Filipinos of Chinese and/or Spanish with a little Malay descent.

Which is why I am saying that rich Filipinos have zero to little Australoid descent, while the poorest-poor Filipinos are either half or of full Australoid descent. Most provincial folks (e.g., farmers, teachers, employees) fall in between.

SOURCES?? where r the sources for you claims...

+Quote Post
DPSlock
post Aug 3 2011, 01:01 PM
Post #30

AF Pro
Group Icon

so you think this provincial filipino has more australoid genes

then this ethnic chinese from a neighboring country??

This post has been edited by DPSlock: Aug 3 2011, 01:04 PM

+Quote Post
kermit_criminal
post Aug 3 2011, 07:42 PM
Post #31

AF Pro
Group Icon

ethnic chinese my a$$ lmao

+Quote Post
DPSlock
post Aug 3 2011, 08:13 PM
Post #32

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (kermit_criminal @ Aug 3 2011, 08:42 PM) *
ethnic chinese my a$$ lmao

he calls himself chinese....like ocrap does

+Quote Post
ocrapdm
post Aug 4 2011, 11:42 PM
Post #33

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE (DPSlock @ Aug 3 2011, 07:31 PM) *
SOURCES?? where r the sources for you claims...

LOL They're all in the High School textbooks of Philippine History.

Austin Craig's demographic surveys are widely quoted and known among history circles in the Philippines. Need I say more?

+Quote Post
DPSlock
post Aug 4 2011, 11:43 PM
Post #34

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (ocrapdm @ Aug 5 2011, 12:42 AM) *
LOL They're all in the High School textbooks of Philippine History.

Austin Craig's demographic surveys are widely quoted and known among history circles in the Philippines. Need I say more?

cite sources....I can't just take your word for it

+Quote Post
ocrapdm
post Aug 5 2011, 01:55 AM
Post #35

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE (DPSlock @ Aug 5 2011, 12:43 PM) *
cite sources....I can't just take your word for it

Flag of the Chinese Community in Sulu Sultanate
http://www.royalpanji.net/the_chinese_comm..._sultanate.html

Tausug Team Visiting China to renew Ancient ties
http://www.zabida.com.ph/component/content...ew-ancient-ties

"Loong said the Chinese government recognized that “there is a sultanate blood among Chinese people.”
“There is one sultan who died in China, which proves that during that time China and the Sulu sultanate were already in a diplomatic relationship in terms of recognition of the sovereign authority of the Sulu Sultanate,” he said.

Based on historical text compiled by Sururul-Ain Ututalum and Abdul-Karim Hedjazi in the book entitled “The Genealogy of the Sulu Royal Families,” there were three sultans from Sulu archipelago who went to China in 1417 to pay a visit to Chinese emperor Yongle of the Ming Dynasty.

Chinese Tea and Sulu Slavery
http://propinoy.net/2011/06/24/chinese-tea-and-sulu-slavery/

China Raising Money for Sulu Sultanate shrine
http://www.bworldonline.com/content.php?se...ne&id=34597

Chinese descendants of Sulu Sultan
http://www.kaisa.org.ph/Images/Photo_galle...ultan_grave.jpg

"At Jolo, in the Archipelago of Sulu, an important trading center for the raw products of neighboring regions, there were a Chinese wharf and lodging quarter. In the Manila area, the Spanish conquerors of 1570 found a small settlement of about 150 Chinese. By 1607, barely thirty-two years after the founding of Manila as a Spanish settlement, the Chinese population there was estimated at 20,000 – in contrast to perhaps 1,000 Spaniards.... the Chinese outnumbered the Spaniards twenty to one. – The Chinese in Philippine Life, 1850-1898, by Edgar Wickberg

Source: http://books.google.com.ph/books?id=I1xBod...p;q&f=false

"The total numbers of Chinese and Chinese half-castes reached at least one-third of the island of Luzon" - Austin Craig

"During the middle of the 19th century, it became fashionable to be known as a Mestizo de Sangley (i.e., Chinese half-breed) for the respect it commanded. Even though it entailed paying much more in tribute, many people, and especially the entire town of Binan, claimed to be Mestizo de Sangley...... By the end of the 19th century, the Philippines was rather an Anglo-Chinese colony with a Spanish flag - it's economy was entirely dominated and kept alive by the Chinese" - The Philippine Islands (Blair and Robertson)

It's true that there were a lot of CHINESE in the Philippines, and that TODAY'S LIGHT-SKINNED FILIPINOS - whether Mestizo or Chinito looking - ARE THE UNDISPUTABLE DESCENDANTS OF THESE CHINESE who settled the Philippines during the Spanish times and intermarried with Spaniards and local Filipinas.

The vast majority of the Principalia and the Ilustrados were descendants of these Chinese migrants who mixed with Spaniards and Filipinos, creating the Middle Class of the 1800s - the finest example of such is the national hero Jose Rizal, as well as Andres Bonifacio and Emilio Aguinaldo.

The idea of a "light-skinned Malay" is stupid and totally wrong and absurd. There are no light-skinned Pure Malays at all. All Malays who claim to be pure Malay and have a light skin tone actually have a recent Chinese or East Asian ancestor somewhere up his family tree.

Likewise, all Pure Malays are largely Southern Mongoloid with AT LEAST A LITTLE AUSTRALOID admixture.

This post has been edited by ocrapdm: Aug 5 2011, 01:59 AM

+Quote Post
DPSlock
post Aug 5 2011, 09:49 AM
Post #36

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (ocrapdm @ Aug 5 2011, 02:55 AM) *
Flag of the Chinese Community in Sulu Sultanate
http://www.royalpanji.net/the_chinese_comm..._sultanate.html

Tausug Team Visiting China to renew Ancient ties
http://www.zabida.com.ph/component/content...ew-ancient-ties

"Loong said the Chinese government recognized that “there is a sultanate blood among Chinese people.”
“There is one sultan who died in China, which proves that during that time China and the Sulu sultanate were already in a diplomatic relationship in terms of recognition of the sovereign authority of the Sulu Sultanate,” he said.

Based on historical text compiled by Sururul-Ain Ututalum and Abdul-Karim Hedjazi in the book entitled “The Genealogy of the Sulu Royal Families,” there were three sultans from Sulu archipelago who went to China in 1417 to pay a visit to Chinese emperor Yongle of the Ming Dynasty.

Chinese Tea and Sulu Slavery
http://propinoy.net/2011/06/24/chinese-tea-and-sulu-slavery/

China Raising Money for Sulu Sultanate shrine
http://www.bworldonline.com/content.php?se...ne&id=34597

Chinese descendants of Sulu Sultan
http://www.kaisa.org.ph/Images/Photo_galle...ultan_grave.jpg

"At Jolo, in the Archipelago of Sulu, an important trading center for the raw products of neighboring regions, there were a Chinese wharf and lodging quarter. In the Manila area, the Spanish conquerors of 1570 found a small settlement of about 150 Chinese. By 1607, barely thirty-two years after the founding of Manila as a Spanish settlement, the Chinese population there was estimated at 20,000 – in contrast to perhaps 1,000 Spaniards.... the Chinese outnumbered the Spaniards twenty to one. – The Chinese in Philippine Life, 1850-1898, by Edgar Wickberg

Source: http://books.google.com.ph/books?id=I1xBod...p;q&f=false

"The total numbers of Chinese and Chinese half-castes reached at least one-third of the island of Luzon" - Austin Craig

"During the middle of the 19th century, it became fashionable to be known as a Mestizo de Sangley (i.e., Chinese half-breed) for the respect it commanded. Even though it entailed paying much more in tribute, many people, and especially the entire town of Binan, claimed to be Mestizo de Sangley...... By the end of the 19th century, the Philippines was rather an Anglo-Chinese colony with a Spanish flag - it's economy was entirely dominated and kept alive by the Chinese" - The Philippine Islands (Blair and Robertson)

It's true that there were a lot of CHINESE in the Philippines, and that TODAY'S LIGHT-SKINNED FILIPINOS - whether Mestizo or Chinito looking - ARE THE UNDISPUTABLE DESCENDANTS OF THESE CHINESE who settled the Philippines during the Spanish times and intermarried with Spaniards and local Filipinas.

The vast majority of the Principalia and the Ilustrados were descendants of these Chinese migrants who mixed with Spaniards and Filipinos, creating the Middle Class of the 1800s - the finest example of such is the national hero Jose Rizal, as well as Andres Bonifacio and Emilio Aguinaldo.

The idea of a "light-skinned Malay" is stupid and totally wrong and absurd. There are no light-skinned Pure Malays at all. All Malays who claim to be pure Malay and have a light skin tone actually have a recent Chinese or East Asian ancestor somewhere up his family tree.

Likewise, all Pure Malays are largely Southern Mongoloid with AT LEAST A LITTLE AUSTRALOID admixture.

you explain why upper class city folks r light skinned...still doesn't explain light skinned filipinos found in lowclass rural areas in visayas and mindanao

a more accurate statement would be ethnic chinese account for SOME of today's light skinned filipinos...particularly those from the upper class

even then they consider themselves chinese...so they r not really light skinned filipinos but...chinese or chinese mestizos who claim chinese
everyone knows that upper class filipinos are the mixed chinese-filipinos...
so your post was redundant....and yes there are pure austronesians who are light skinned

and how do we know this isn't some sino-centric crap...according to you ancient philippine civilizations were started by the chinese...sounds sino-centric to me

this is probably how it is in truth

light skinned upper class filipinos are chinese-filipinos, spanish-filipinos

light skinned filipinos in lower class are remnants of pure austronesians....cordilerras, eastern and western visayas, pockets of mindanao..(lanao del norte, etc)

This post has been edited by DPSlock: Aug 5 2011, 10:09 AM

+Quote Post
ocrapdm
post Aug 5 2011, 08:47 PM
Post #37

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE (DPSlock @ Aug 5 2011, 10:49 PM) *
you explain why upper class city folks r light skinned...still doesn't explain light skinned filipinos found in lowclass rural areas in visayas and mindanao

a more accurate statement would be ethnic chinese account for SOME of today's light skinned filipinos...particularly those from the upper class

even then they consider themselves chinese...so they r not really light skinned filipinos but...chinese or chinese mestizos who claim chinese
everyone knows that upper class filipinos are the mixed chinese-filipinos...
so your post was redundant....and yes there are pure austronesians who are light skinned

and how do we know this isn't some sino-centric crap...according to you ancient philippine civilizations were started by the chinese...sounds sino-centric to me

this is probably how it is in truth

light skinned upper class filipinos are chinese-filipinos, spanish-filipinos

light skinned filipinos in lower class are remnants of pure austronesians....cordilerras, eastern and western visayas, pockets of mindanao..(lanao del norte, etc)

There were also accounts made by conquistador Juan de Salcedo about the thousands of Chinese in the Ilocos, Pangasinan, and Central Luzon regions. Chinese merchants were also seen in Panay, Cebu, and Southern Luzon when the Spaniards first arrived. Almost all of them are said to have a NATIVE wife - these are the beginnings of the so-called "light-skinned" Malay Filipinos.

For those in Mindanao, only the Visayan migrants and the Muslim tribes have light-skinned people. The rest, such as Manobo, Mandaya, etc. are all very dark-skinned and very Papuan/Negrito looking.

I AM TALKING about the NATIVE FILIPINOS who are LIGHT-SKINNED not about the present-day CHINESE-FILIPINOS (CHINOYS). embarassedlaugh.gif

Pure Austronesians were probably light-skinned while their ancestors were still in China - but when they went to Taiwan and Philippines and blended in with the Australoids - this is where Austronesians probably started to become dark-skinned.

No, I didn't say that Philippine ancient civilization were started by Chinese. What I'm saying rather is that the upper classes of Philippine nobility like the rajah, datu, and other maharlika people were partly Chinese. Even the principalia and the ilustrados were Chinese mestizos as well!!!

This is the truth: Light Skinned Native Filipinos, whether upper or lower class, are basically DESCENDANTS OF PRE-1898 CHINESE MIGRANTS WHO MIXED WITH THE NATIVE MALAYS AND THE SPANIARDS.

P.S. Actually, light-skinned people in Cordilleras are rare. Most have a similar or slightly lighter brown shade compared to other Filipinos. Their Y-DNA (Australoid) is quite high, ranging from 5-15%. Look at the Karafet study I showed you last time. Some Muslim Filipino ethnic groups also have high O3, which is like in South China.

+Quote Post
DPSlock
post Aug 5 2011, 09:09 PM
Post #38

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (ocrapdm @ Aug 5 2011, 09:47 PM) *
There were also accounts made by conquistador Juan de Salcedo about the thousands of Chinese in the Ilocos, Pangasinan, and Central Luzon regions. Chinese merchants were also seen in Panay, Cebu, and Southern Luzon when the Spaniards first arrived. Almost all of them are said to have a NATIVE wife - these are the beginnings of the so-called "light-skinned" Malay Filipinos.

For those in Mindanao, only the Visayan migrants and the Muslim tribes have light-skinned people. The rest, such as Manobo, Mandaya, etc. are all very dark-skinned and very Papuan/Negrito looking.

I AM TALKING about the NATIVE FILIPINOS who are LIGHT-SKINNED not about the present-day CHINESE-FILIPINOS (CHINOYS). embarassedlaugh.gif

Pure Austronesians were probably light-skinned while their ancestors were still in China - but when they went to Taiwan and Philippines and blended in with the Australoids - this is where Austronesians probably started to become dark-skinned.

No, I didn't say that Philippine ancient civilization were started by Chinese. What I'm saying rather is that the upper classes of Philippine nobility like the rajah, datu, and other maharlika people were partly Chinese. Even the principalia and the ilustrados were Chinese mestizos as well!!!

This is the truth: Light Skinned Native Filipinos, whether upper or lower class, are basically DESCENDANTS OF PRE-1898 CHINESE MIGRANTS WHO MIXED WITH THE NATIVE MALAYS AND THE SPANIARDS.

P.S. Actually, light-skinned people in Cordilleras are rare. Most have a similar or slightly lighter brown shade compared to other Filipinos. Their Y-DNA (Australoid) is quite high, ranging from 5-15%. Look at the Karafet study I showed you last time. Some Muslim Filipino ethnic groups also have high O3, which is like in South China.

you do know austronesians in Taiwan commited genocide on the negritos in Taiwan
it is impossible that every austronesian has australoid blood...you seem to be assuming this...no data confirms that every austronesian in the islands have australoid admixture...thats like claiming every caucasian american has native american admixture....you deal in absolutes...when nothing is ever absolute...thats where you fail ocrap..........................

NEAsians can get dark as well...is that due to australoid admixture too??
ocrap you seem to think dark skin is due to australoid admixture and not due to adaptation to the climate

you do realize that chinese mestizos were recorded in spanish records...and they were given special place in society...chinese were already given upper class status...and that prievlage continues with their descendants today....

ocrap.....99% of chinese descent people r rich or near rich....really the only non-rich chinese r the newley arrived ones who cant speak english or filipino

This post has been edited by DPSlock: Aug 5 2011, 09:21 PM

+Quote Post
ocrapdm
post Aug 5 2011, 10:31 PM
Post #39

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE (DPSlock @ Aug 6 2011, 10:09 AM) *
you do know austronesians in Taiwan commited genocide on the negritos in Taiwan
it is impossible that every austronesian has australoid blood...you seem to be assuming this...no data confirms that every austronesian in the islands have australoid admixture...thats like claiming every caucasian american has native american admixture....you deal in absolutes...when nothing is ever absolute...thats where you fail ocrap..........................

NEAsians can get dark as well...is that due to australoid admixture too??
ocrap you seem to think dark skin is due to australoid admixture and not due to adaptation to the climate

you do realize that chinese mestizos were recorded in spanish records...and they were given special place in society...chinese were already given upper class status...and that prievlage continues with their descendants today....

ocrap.....99% of chinese descent people r rich or near rich....really the only non-rich chinese r the newley arrived ones who cant speak english or filipino

There's NO EVIDENCE OF Austronesians committing genocide on Negritos in Taiwan... and you wouldn't want to have a mass-murderer as an ancestor, do you? rotflmao.gif

Actually, the Taiwanese Aborigines worship the "spirits" of Negritos who supposedly own the island. Taiwanese Aborigines are often thought to be PURE AUSTRONESIANS - but actually it's only their paternal ancestry which is from South China - specifically, Fukien province. Their maternal ancestry, like that of Filipinos, was traced somewhere around New Guinea. (Refer to Solheim, perhaps..)

Yep, it is IMPOSSIBLE that every Austronesian has Australoid blood - but what I'm saying is that MOST of the LOWER-CLASSES HAVE AUSTRALOID BLOOD. The rich Austronesians probably (just a theory) intermarried with other rich Austronesians or even with Han Chinese. No one will know - but the thing that supports that is the reality that most upper class peeps in Philippine History up to now were all light-skinned.

Actually, Karafet's data showed MASSIVE Australoid Y-DNA among Pilipinos - especially among IVATANS - the PUREST AUSTRONESIAN STOCK (and they're also geographically the farthest from Negritos) in the COUNTRY! rotflmao.gif. So what does that tell you about the others who live in former Negrito colony that is the Philippines, huh? rotflmao.gif

NE Asians such as Evenk, Even, and other Tungus people in Siberia and Kamchatka Peninsula can get dark-skinned, but they sure STILL LOOK AND RESEMBLE EAST ASIANS. Whereas Malay Southeast Asians do NOT ONLY have a DARK SKIN TONE, THEIR FEATURES ARE ALSO TOTALLY DIFFERENT FROM THE AVERAGE EAST ASIAN.

Yeah. But what I'm talking about is that the LIGHT-SKINNED NATIVE FILIPINOS - who all have DEFINITE Chinese admixture.

Wrong. 90% are Upper and Upper Middle Class, 5% are Lower Middle Class, and 5% are Poor (but not below the poverty line) and live in shanties.
These 5% who are POOR ARE THE REMNANTS OF THE CHINESE WHO WENT HERE DURING THE SPANISH PERIOD AND DID NOT INTERMARRY WITH THE OTHERS as most of their kin did - they are entirely CANTONESE. To date, there are still Cantonese residing in Tondo and the poorer areas of Santa Mesa, although they still live far better than their Native Filipino counterparts. The reason they are relatively poor is from the discrimination they got from the Spanish government, and eventually from the more prosperous Hokkien.

The FOB Mainlander Chinese in Divisoria who can't speak English or Tagalog are RICH. They look unassuming but they've bought almost all the condominiums in Chinatown and Luneta. Those who are relatively prosperous live in Makati CBD, Eastwood, and Bay City. They're FAR FROM POOR.

This post has been edited by ocrapdm: Aug 5 2011, 10:34 PM

+Quote Post
ocrapdm
post Aug 5 2011, 10:47 PM
Post #40

AF Guru
Group Icon

There are INDEED differences between EA and SEA:

East Asian Kids

SouthEast Asian Kids