do they look australian aboriginal??
maharlikangpilip...
post Aug 6 2011, 01:22 AM
Post #41

AF Addict
Group Icon

Group: Members

QUOTE (ocrapdm @ Aug 2 2011, 10:24 PM) *
The Chinese there are named like Ibrahim Tan, Mahmud Ong, Yasser Adiong, etc. The Muslim Pinoys do NOT dislike the Chinese. In fact they dislike the Catholic Pinoys A THOUSAND TIMES more than they dislike the Chinese. Unlike in the rest of Catholic Philippines, the Chinese in Mindanao do NOT experience racism...

lol, you're the spokesperson of the Bangsamoro now? or the new PRO of the MILF? embarassedlaugh.gif

Being a real Filipino, I daresay the Filipinos of Bangsamoro DO NOT DISLIKE their Catholic Filipino brothers, they just don't like how the government(dominated by people following the Catholic faith) manages the condition of their people. If they really dislike the Catholic Pinoys A THOUSAND TIMES, then I don't think the Christian Mindanaons would be living with the Muslim Mindanaons in an almost harmonious relationship. it's only the rebels and the bandits who cause such troubles.

The Islamization of the Philippines (of Mindanao, specifically) did NOT RESULT JUST FROM THE ARAB MISSIONARY MAKHDUM KARIM - it also came by way of MUSLIM HAN CHINESE (i.e., Hui Chinese).

the Huizu? sources?
Islamization was started by Sheikh Makhdum in his mission which was then carried on by Rajah Baginda. Islam was further propagated by other people like Abu Bakr and Shariff Kabungsuwan. as far as i know, these people mentioned are not yellow people... Perhaps they are Hui people carrying Malay or Arab names? embarassedlaugh.gif

Sulu was a vassal state of the Ming Dynasty - just like most of the Philippine barangays (city-states) during that time.

Hala ano to? hahahahha embarassedlaugh.gif

SULTAN PADUKA PAHALA is the first and ONLY MONARCH of the Philippines to visit China. He was the Sultan of Sulu. He died in China, and many of his descendants stayed to guard his tomb. They live in Dezhou, China, and are now considered part of the Hui Chinese. They all speak Chinese now.

Paduka Batara/Pahala is not the only monarch to visit China. along with him came 2 other monarchs. and by that, the hui chinese population is mixed with the Malay Filipino blood.

QUOTE (ocrapdm @ Aug 3 2011, 05:26 AM) *
LOL. There are tarsilas (Muslim genealogies) confirming this. Even the Sulu Sultan before said that they have Chinese ancestors and relatives. rotflmao.gif

where can i find the tarsilas? how about the record of the Sulu Sultan' claiming such?

Oh, and its a given fact that the first people to be civilized in the Philippines are the "hated" Moros, not the Luzon or the Visayan peoples.

how were they "civilized"? and from what basis did you draw that my Moro brothers were the first people to be civilized?

Aristocracy in ancient Philippines was governed by skin color, I believe
It's a given fact that in ALL CULTURES, even in Africa, the chief and nobility always HAD A LIGHTER SKIN SHADE compared to his subordinates.

preference for lighter skin complexion can be traced in the prehispanic times.
now I think you believe that there's no problem that some Pinoys want lighter skin since such preference for a lighter skin can be traced even prior to the age of colonialism? embarassedlaugh.gif

QUOTE (ocrapdm @ Aug 5 2011, 02:55 AM) *
"Loong said the Chinese government recognized that “there is a sultanate blood among Chinese people.”
“There is one sultan who died in China, which proves that during that time China and the Sulu sultanate were already in a diplomatic relationship in terms of recognition of the sovereign authority of the Sulu Sultanate,” he said.

yes, there is Tausug blood in some Hui people because some 10 people stayed in china after Paduka Pahala's burial. it's not the hui people who stayed in Sulu, it's Sulu people who stayed in china.

how can Sulu be "a vassal state of ming dynasty" if that china recognizes the "sovereign authority" of the Sulu Sultanate?

"During the middle of the 19th century, it became fashionable to be known as a Mestizo de Sangley (i.e., Chinese half-breed) for the respect it commanded. Even though it entailed paying much more in tribute, many people, and especially the entire town of Binan, claimed to be Mestizo de Sangley...... By the end of the 19th century, the Philippines was rather an Anglo-Chinese colony with a Spanish flag - it's economy was entirely dominated and kept alive by the Chinese" - The Philippine Islands (Blair and Robertson

so the chinese are colonizers now?(along with the whites?) embarassedlaugh.gif

This post has been edited by maharlikangpilipino: Aug 6 2011, 06:28 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DPSlock
post Aug 6 2011, 03:52 AM
Post #42

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (ocrapdm @ Aug 5 2011, 11:31 PM) *
There's NO EVIDENCE OF Austronesians committing genocide on Negritos in Taiwan... and you wouldn't want to have a mass-murderer as an ancestor, do you? rotflmao.gif

Actually, the Taiwanese Aborigines worship the "spirits" of Negritos who supposedly own the island. Taiwanese Aborigines are often thought to be PURE AUSTRONESIANS - but actually it's only their paternal ancestry which is from South China - specifically, Fukien province. Their maternal ancestry, like that of Filipinos, was traced somewhere around New Guinea. (Refer to Solheim, perhaps..)

Yep, it is IMPOSSIBLE that every Austronesian has Australoid blood - but what I'm saying is that MOST of the LOWER-CLASSES HAVE AUSTRALOID BLOOD. The rich Austronesians probably (just a theory) intermarried with other rich Austronesians or even with Han Chinese. No one will know - but the thing that supports that is the reality that most upper class peeps in Philippine History up to now were all light-skinned.

Actually, Karafet's data showed MASSIVE Australoid Y-DNA among Pilipinos - especially among IVATANS - the PUREST AUSTRONESIAN STOCK (and they're also geographically the farthest from Negritos) in the COUNTRY! rotflmao.gif. So what does that tell you about the others who live in former Negrito colony that is the Philippines, huh? rotflmao.gif

NE Asians such as Evenk, Even, and other Tungus people in Siberia and Kamchatka Peninsula can get dark-skinned, but they sure STILL LOOK AND RESEMBLE EAST ASIANS. Whereas Malay Southeast Asians do NOT ONLY have a DARK SKIN TONE, THEIR FEATURES ARE ALSO TOTALLY DIFFERENT FROM THE AVERAGE EAST ASIAN.

Yeah. But what I'm talking about is that the LIGHT-SKINNED NATIVE FILIPINOS - who all have DEFINITE Chinese admixture.

Wrong. 90% are Upper and Upper Middle Class, 5% are Lower Middle Class, and 5% are Poor (but not below the poverty line) and live in shanties.
These 5% who are POOR ARE THE REMNANTS OF THE CHINESE WHO WENT HERE DURING THE SPANISH PERIOD AND DID NOT INTERMARRY WITH THE OTHERS as most of their kin did - they are entirely CANTONESE. To date, there are still Cantonese residing in Tondo and the poorer areas of Santa Mesa, although they still live far better than their Native Filipino counterparts. The reason they are relatively poor is from the discrimination they got from the Spanish government, and eventually from the more prosperous Hokkien.

The FOB Mainlander Chinese in Divisoria who can't speak English or Tagalog are RICH. They look unassuming but they've bought almost all the condominiums in Chinatown and Luneta. Those who are relatively prosperous live in Makati CBD, Eastwood, and Bay City. They're FAR FROM POOR.

taiwanese aboriginals hold the ceremony to appease the spirits of the negritos they killed....

LOL ahhh so only rich austronesians are pure....damn ocrap....so you base someone's pureness on their wealth....

it is true that the poorest people in the slums have the highest amount of australoid genes.....thought that has more to do with Manila attracting the lowest common denominators....with australoids being the poorest people in the Philippines they move to the capital in search of handouts or oppurtunities like most disenfranchised people...of course australoid percentage would be high amongst the poorest people in cities like Manila...

Outside of Urban Manila people are more spread out...and the true demographics of the people are shown
And those filipinos who live in rural towns and have managed to support themselves through farming are far more likely to be pure austronesians
I am not saying all rural filipinos are pure austronesian....though phenotype wise..compared to urban poor in Manila...they are far more mongoloid-austronesian.....the pure austronesian has managed to hold out in provinicial areas of the Philippines...Light skin amongst the lower class rural filipinos shows that

LOL you mean the same karafet study where the subjects tested on where from local ethnic minorities and not mainstream lowland filipinos
but yea your really something...yeah if you were studying the most common DNA amongst the American people...and your test subjects were all african-americans...you can also probably conclude that the dominant ethnic group in north america are africans....LOL
half of the studies were done on Negrito groups
other half were done on ethnic groups who you consider to be australoid looking or mixed (manobo, mangayan)
so yeah there goes your theory...LOL fail

okay you agreed with me that most mixed chinese are rich or upper class...or at least upper middle class
so only thing you proved is light skinned filipinos who come from upper and middle class are mixed with chinese

You still haven't proven that lower class rural filipinos who have light skin r chinese ....in fact that would go against everything you said
i would go as far as saying...pure austronesians look similar to lao and thai

lao and thai look mongoloid...but they don't look same as neasian or evenk....they have mongoloid features that look more indigenous to tropical climate...akin to southern chinese who don't look similar to evenk or northern asians
I believe that mongoloid look is what is present amongst filipinos

This post has been edited by DPSlock: Aug 6 2011, 04:10 AM

+Quote Post
SemperFidelis
post Aug 6 2011, 07:26 AM
Post #43

AF Addict
Group Icon

why is it so important to classify people to the smallest level?

to answer the original question, heres a pic of australian aborigines

+Quote Post
martin_nuke
post Aug 6 2011, 11:51 AM
Post #44

AF Elite
Group Icon

Ejay your Filipino cousin also has trisomy?

+Quote Post
DPSlock
post Aug 6 2011, 04:29 PM
Post #45

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (martin_nuke @ Aug 6 2011, 12:51 PM) *
Ejay your Filipino cousin also has trisomy?

martin I doubt you graduated from UP if ur retarded @$$ can't tell the difference between me and that troll who is trying to make pinoys look bad

+Quote Post
martin_nuke
post Aug 7 2011, 03:13 PM
Post #46

AF Elite
Group Icon

I thought that you are on leave and will return next September. I hope when you return from the Philippines you will be more enlightened.

+Quote Post
ocrapdm
post Aug 7 2011, 09:57 PM
Post #47

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE (maharlikangpilipino @ Aug 6 2011, 02:22 PM) *
lol, you're the spokesperson of the Bangsamoro now? or the new PRO of the MILF? embarassedlaugh.gif

Being a real Filipino, I daresay the Filipinos of Bangsamoro DO NOT DISLIKE their Catholic Filipino brothers, they just don't like how the government(dominated by people following the Catholic faith) manages the condition of their people. If they really dislike the Catholic Pinoys A THOUSAND TIMES, then I don't think the Christian Mindanaons would be living with the Muslim Mindanaons in an almost harmonious relationship. it's only the rebels and the bandits who cause such troubles.

Do not dislike Catholic Filipinos? So what do THEY WANT to SECEDE from the Philippines before? It's a good thing they gave up their fight for independence... but so what? It doesn't really matter. Their fight for an autonomous state under the Philippine government still reflects this.

During the 1970s and up to now, Muslim and Catholic vigilantes have been targeting each other, showing contempt for each other. It's the fault of the Manila government - They should've given the Muslims a STATE (an autonomous state, that is) long ago. They should've recognized that the Bangsamoro were historically and culturally a separate people apart from the rest of the Philippines. They are much closer in customs and culture with Sabahans than to Luzon and Visayan peoples.

Needless to say, many locals assist the rebels there because they believe in what the rebels are fighting for.

the Huizu? sources?
Islamization was started by Sheikh Makhdum in his mission which was then carried on by Rajah Baginda. Islam was further propagated by other people like Abu Bakr and Shariff Kabungsuwan. as far as i know, these people mentioned are not yellow people... Perhaps they are Hui people carrying Malay or Arab names? embarassedlaugh.gif

ISLAM in the Philippines was NOT started by JUST ONE PERSON. Even during the landing of Magellan in the Philippines, they didn't manage to TRULY convert even one local to the Catholic faith.

It was helped propagated by the Hui Chinese - an exmaple of such as the famous explorer Zheng He. Most explorers sent by China are actually their rejects, the people whom they look down as minorities or as enemies of the state. So it is plausible that there are still many Hui Chinese who helped in the Islamization of SEA. After all, there were already Hui in Melaka during the 1500s. There were settlers there from China. They wouldn't be accepted by Melaka's sultans in the first place if they weren't Muslim.

Hala ano to? hahahahha embarassedlaugh.gif

According to the writings of Chao Ju Kua's Chu Fan Chih.

The reason the Sulu Sultan went to China is to give/offer"tribute".

Paduka Batara/Pahala is not the only monarch to visit China. along with him came 2 other monarchs. and by that, the hui chinese population is mixed with the Malay Filipino blood.

where can i find the tarsilas? how about the record of the Sulu Sultan' claiming such?

how were they "civilized"? and from what basis did you draw that my Moro brothers were the first people to be civilized?

No. Only the Hui Chinese in Dezhou, Shandong.

I read in a Philippine History textbook.

Obviously, Mindanao has the most archeological findings of Buddhas and Hindu ornaments. It also is the closest Philippine region to the Srivijaya and Majapahit empires.

It is clear that civilizing forces appeared south first, then started to go northward. This includes the baybayin writing system, the spread of Islam northward, and the schools teaching Sanskrit and weaponry. When Bangsamoro already had various edifices such as palaces made of bricks, the north of the country like Manila was still built of low-lying wooden huts and small stone forts. The only cannon that Legaspi saw in Manila was even brought by the Portuguese - w/c leads some historians to believe that Manila was already a vassal of Portugal then, like Ternate and Tidore in Moluccas.

preference for lighter skin complexion can be traced in the prehispanic times.
now I think you believe that there's no problem that some Pinoys want lighter skin since such preference for a lighter skin can be traced even prior to the age of colonialism? embarassedlaugh.gif

Preference for lighter brown skin is different from preference for milky-white skin + Caucasian features! LOL

yes, there is Tausug blood in some Hui people because some 10 people stayed in china after Paduka Pahala's burial. it's not the hui people who stayed in Sulu, it's Sulu people who stayed in china.

how can Sulu be "a vassal state of ming dynasty" if that china recognizes the "sovereign authority" of the Sulu Sultanate?

so the chinese are colonizers now?(along with the whites?) embarassedlaugh.gif

It happened both ways. There was a Chinese trading colony in Jolo, Sulu which existed for already quite some time before the Spaniards started creeping in.

Recognizing the sovereign authority of a country does not automatically mean that that country is truly independent. For example, during the Roman times, Roman emperors recognized the sovereignty of local kings (e.g., Herod family line in Judah; Ptolemaic family line in Egypt from which Cleopatra came from) - and yet they are effectively vassals.

Sulu Sultanate had to give numerous tributes to China - as did Manila, Palawan, Calamian, and the Visayas - as can be seen in Chao Ju Kua's writing.

By "Anglo-Chinese colony with a Spanish flag", it was a Figurative choice of words that reflected the deep control of the Philippine economy by both the British and the Chinese. It is said that by 1870s, almost every business in the Philippines was already being operated by the Britons and the Chinese. And that the only Spanish left in the Philippines is the "flag".

The Spaniards never liked the Philippines anyway, and it never gave thought to improving its economy - which they left the Chinese and other foreigners to do. By 1898, the numerous haciendas in Bicol were owned by the French; those in Panay and Negros by the British and Americans; and those in Central Luzon by rich Chinese. The only haciendas left in Spanish hands were the "friar lands".

+Quote Post
ocrapdm
post Aug 7 2011, 10:05 PM
Post #48

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE (DPSlock @ Aug 6 2011, 04:52 PM) *
taiwanese aboriginals hold the ceremony to appease the spirits of the negritos they killed....

LOL ahhh so only rich austronesians are pure....damn ocrap....so you base someone's pureness on their wealth....

it is true that the poorest people in the slums have the highest amount of australoid genes.....thought that has more to do with Manila attracting the lowest common denominators....with australoids being the poorest people in the Philippines they move to the capital in search of handouts or oppurtunities like most disenfranchised people...of course australoid percentage would be high amongst the poorest people in cities like Manila...

Outside of Urban Manila people are more spread out...and the true demographics of the people are shown
And those filipinos who live in rural towns and have managed to support themselves through farming are far more likely to be pure austronesians
I am not saying all rural filipinos are pure austronesian....though phenotype wise..compared to urban poor in Manila...they are far more mongoloid-austronesian.....the pure austronesian has managed to hold out in provinicial areas of the Philippines...Light skin amongst the lower class rural filipinos shows that

LOL you mean the same karafet study where the subjects tested on where from local ethnic minorities and not mainstream lowland filipinos
but yea your really something...yeah if you were studying the most common DNA amongst the American people...and your test subjects were all african-americans...you can also probably conclude that the dominant ethnic group in north america are africans....LOL
half of the studies were done on Negrito groups
other half were done on ethnic groups who you consider to be australoid looking or mixed (manobo, mangayan)
so yeah there goes your theory...LOL fail

okay you agreed with me that most mixed chinese are rich or upper class...or at least upper middle class
so only thing you proved is light skinned filipinos who come from upper and middle class are mixed with chinese

You still haven't proven that lower class rural filipinos who have light skin r chinese ....in fact that would go against everything you said
i would go as far as saying...pure austronesians look similar to lao and thai

lao and thai look mongoloid...but they don't look same as neasian or evenk....they have mongoloid features that look more indigenous to tropical climate...akin to southern chinese who don't look similar to evenk or northern asians
I believe that mongoloid look is what is present amongst filipinos

True, but that shows the high regard they have for NEGRITOS!!!

It's like in India... where the rich and upper castes are mostly pure Caucasian, and the poor are mostly pure AUSTRALOID (i.e., Dravidian).

If that's true, you'll have problem distancing the Australoid bloodlines from Visayans - since most poor people of MNL come from the Visayas!

Yeah, I did. Lower class rural Filipinos who have light skin are mixed with Chinese. There were already plenty of Chinese traders who married locals here in the Philippines. Chao Ju Kua's Chu Fan Chih agreed with that.

Yep - true, Pure Austronesians might have look like Lao and Thai - but the situation here is now different, OK? Today's Austronesians are now mixed with Australoid - and that entirely changed the whole picture.

Mongoloid look with SOME Australoid features is what is present among today's PH people.

+Quote Post
DPSlock
post Aug 8 2011, 06:51 AM
Post #49

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (ocrapdm @ Aug 7 2011, 11:05 PM) *
True, but that shows the high regard they have for NEGRITOS!!!

It's like in India... where the rich and upper castes are mostly pure Caucasian, and the poor are mostly pure AUSTRALOID (i.e., Dravidian).

If that's true, you'll have problem distancing the Australoid bloodlines from Visayans - since most poor people of MNL come from the Visayas!

Yeah, I did. Lower class rural Filipinos who have light skin are mixed with Chinese. There were already plenty of Chinese traders who married locals here in the Philippines. Chao Ju Kua's Chu Fan Chih agreed with that.

Yep - true, Pure Austronesians might have look like Lao and Thai - but the situation here is now different, OK? Today's Austronesians are now mixed with Australoid - and that entirely changed the whole picture.

Mongoloid look with SOME Australoid features is what is present among today's PH people.

the austronesian taiwanese did that so the spirits of the negritos wouldn't haunt them or cause them harm....not because they revered them

LOL ocrap learn to differentiate the working class visayans who are poor by your account but have jobs as maids, drivers...aka meaning they have a job
and the jobless australoid looking tagalogs
visayans probably took jobs away from the local tagalogs and southern luzon people
poorest of the poor would be the ones with no jobs...you know what language those people speak?? it ain't visayan
You say that most of your maids r visayan...thats because they r the ones holding the lower level jobs in Manila...meaning they wouldn't be the poorest of the poor because they have income...

tell me why is the australoid look the strongest in southern luzon and not in visayas...from my experience visayans look more mongoloid looking on average then southern luzon and Manila...A visayan could pass for thai or tan skinned lao....a poor person in southern luzon doesn't even look seasian at all

and for the last time stop trying to deal in absolutes...not everyone in Philippines is mixed australoid...considering the austronesian migration greatly outnumbered the australoid population present in the islands...it would be impossible for everyone to be mixed...there is a great chance that many pure austronesians can be found in rural outlying areas of the Philippines...

and ocrap...for the last time...chinese who married locals became a new class...they became the upper class we have today.....they do not make up the lower class of filipinos

This post has been edited by DPSlock: Aug 8 2011, 07:01 AM

+Quote Post
martin_nuke
post Aug 8 2011, 06:57 AM
Post #50

AF Elite
Group Icon

Most maids in Luzon are visayans and it is a fact the poor Luzonians are either farmers or manage a sari sari store.

The reason why most maids are Visayans in Luzon is that they prefer it more because Luzonian maids tend to resign right away and go home to their province very easily unlike the Visayan maids they have to ride the boat with an expensive fare to go to their homeland in Visayas

This post has been edited by martin_nuke: Aug 8 2011, 07:10 AM

+Quote Post
DPSlock
post Aug 8 2011, 07:21 AM
Post #51

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (martin_nuke @ Aug 8 2011, 07:57 AM) *
Most maids in Luzon are visayans and it is a fact the poor Luzonians are either farmers or manage a sari sari store.

The reason why most maids are Visayans in Luzon is that they prefer it more because Luzonian maids tend to resign right away and go home to their province very easily unlike the Visayan maids they have to ride the boat with an expensive fare to go to their homeland in Visayas

Most visayan maids live in maid quarters within their boss compound

considering that most visayans have an income even with jobs like maids, janitor, driver that goes to show they are not the poorest...because they have an income....the poorest would be local tagalogs who don't have jobs..not every tagalog comes from a rural province...most come straight from Tondo or Manila itself

+Quote Post
ocrapdm
post Aug 8 2011, 07:27 AM
Post #52

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE (DPSlock @ Aug 8 2011, 07:51 PM) *
the austronesian taiwanese did that so the spirits of the negritos wouldn't haunt them or cause them harm....not because they revered them

LOL ocrap learn to differentiate the working class visayans who are poor by your account but have jobs as maids, drivers...aka meaning they have a job
and the jobless australoid looking tagalogs
visayans probably took jobs away from the local tagalogs and southern luzon people
poorest of the poor would be the ones with no jobs...you know what language those people speak?? it ain't visayan
You say that most of your maids r visayan...thats because they r the ones holding the lower level jobs in Manila...meaning they wouldn't be the poorest of the poor because they have income...

Yeh. They REVERED them. The fact that they attributed MAGICAL POWERS to the Negritos mean simply that they did see them as supenatural, which resulted to those Austronesians revering them.

Hahaha. We are NOT talking about the alleged laziness or industriousness of either Tagalog or Visayan peoples.

First off, Most Tagalogs are NOT jobless - in fact most jobs are concentrated in Manila, Central Luzon, and Southern Tagalog regions - the Metro Luzon Urban Beltway!

Second, most Tagalogs LOOK EXACTLY JUST LIKE YOUR AVERAGE VISAYAN.

Lastly, Tagalogs took jobs away from the rest of the Filipinos - not the other way around. The Visayan peoples took the menial jobs because the economically superior Tagalogs.

Of course, my Filipino lineage comes from the Tagalog ethnic group - while you might construe me as having bias favoring the Tagalogs, what I am saying is actually the truth. Remember "Imperialistic Manila" concept? Tagalogs have always dominated the political and economic scene. Following the coming of the Spaniards, the Tagalogs have been the transmitters of civilization to the rest of the Philippine peoples. It also gave the country MOST of its national heroes - Rizal, Bonifacio, and Aguinaldo are ALL Tagalog-Chinese-Spanish hybrids.

According to Mallat, the people of Laguna are the "fairest and the most beautiful". Don't believe me? Then go to the Internet or library and search for it.

The poorest of the poor are the Visayans. We have an NGO here, and I have interviewed most of them, and yep, they're all Visayans - particularly Waray. Of course, I don't blame Warays - since their land lies right on the typhoon belt.

But you should acknowledge that the poorest of the poor in Manila are still Visayans. And the government should do something about that.

Most of the katulong among Luzon households and Domestic helpers in Italy and Hong Kong are largely Visayans as well. But most of the slum dwellers are likewise Visayan. I can attest 2 this from firsthand experience. On the other hand, there are almost no Visayan households with Luzon maids.

We've had almost 100 maids since I was young, and 95% of them were Visayan (mostly Waray, a little Ilonggo and Cebuano). The 5% are Bicolano. None were Tagalogs. Mayabang ang mga Tagalog eh.

QUOTE (DPSlock @ Aug 8 2011, 07:51 PM) *
tell me why is the australoid look the strongest in southern luzon and not in visayas...from my experience visayans look more mongoloid looking on average then southern luzon and Manila...A visayan could pass for thai or tan skinned lao....a poor person in southern luzon doesn't even look seasian at all

and for the last time stop trying to deal in absolutes...not everyone in Philippines is mixed australoid...considering the austronesian migration greatly outnumbered the australoid population present in the islands...it would be impossible for everyone to be mixed...there is a great chance that many pure austronesians can be found in rural outlying areas of the Philippines...

and ocrap...for the last time...chinese who married locals became a new class...they became the upper class we have today.....they do not make up the lower class of filipinos

LOL. You always compare a provincial Tagalog with a citified Visayan. But if you compare a citified Tagalog with a citified Visayan - both will look exactly THE SAME. As I said, most poor people in both MNL and Southern Luzon are Visayans. This is because the land had belonged to Tagalogs for centuries already, so naturally, they won't be as poor as the migrant Visayans!

The most Australoid looking Pinoys are still the Eastern Mindanao people. But ALL Pinoys have a fair share of some Australoid characteristics.

Yep, not all Pinoys are mixed with Negrito - but ALL HAVE SOME DEGREE OF AUSTRALOID ADMIXTURE. Some, particularly the upper classes, have mixed with other East Asians so as to erase the Australoid in them - but the poor rural classes have remained essentially 3/4 Asian and 1/4 Australoid.

And no, many East Timorese are not 50-50 Asian/Australoid. About half of the tribes there are 100% AUSTRALOID (i.e., Papuan ancestry).

Chinese who married Philippine locals during the precolonial period begat children who became the LIGHT-SKINNED FILIPINOS of today. Their small Australoid ancestry has been almost completely diluted that they don't have traces of Australoid blood anymore. The quintessential example is the mayor of Quezon City - Herbert Bautista.

The principalia and ilustrados during the Spanish period were all Mestizos de Sangley [Chinese half-breed] families.

+Quote Post
martin_nuke
post Aug 8 2011, 07:28 AM
Post #53

AF Elite
Group Icon

QUOTE (DPSlock @ Aug 8 2011, 08:21 AM) *

considering that most visayans have an income even with jobs like maids, janitor, driver that goes to show they are not the poorest...because they have an income....the poorest would be local tagalogs who don't have jobs..not every tagalog comes from a rural province...most come straight from Tondo or Manila itself

Maids earn less than a tagalog sari sari store or calenderia manager the only advantagge that maids have is that they are stay in with free food but at the end of the day the sari sari store manager has more net income.

This post has been edited by martin_nuke: Aug 8 2011, 07:30 AM

+Quote Post
ocrapdm
post Aug 8 2011, 07:33 AM
Post #54

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE (martin_nuke @ Aug 8 2011, 07:57 PM) *

LOL. So true! The poorest Luzonians I know even own a sari-sari store... must be a trait they got from their Chinese ancestors. 1/3 of all Luzon people have a recent Chinese ancestor, according to Austin Craig.

_______

Panay has a Negrito highlander population. Negros was entirely Negrito when the Spaniards came (according to Mallat). Only Cebu, Bohol, Samar, and Leyte had a 100% Austronesian-speaking population - but again, their bloodlines are 3/4 AZN and 1/4 Australoid.

QUOTE (MissPinay @ Aug 8 2011, 08:05 PM) *
Agree! I don't think Ocrapdm knows what he's talking about!

Erm. I live in the PH, so I guess I know what I'm talking about!

QUOTE (DPSlock @ Aug 8 2011, 08:21 PM) *

Tondo is almost entirely 100% Visayan, dude...!

Go there if you don't believe me - halfway houses for maids before being farmed out to their respective bosses in Manila are all in the Tondo slums.

+Quote Post
DPSlock
post Aug 8 2011, 07:42 AM
Post #55

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (ocrapdm @ Aug 8 2011, 08:33 AM) *
LOL. So true! The poorest Luzonians I know even own a sari-sari store... must be a trait they got from their Chinese ancestors. 1/3 of all Luzon people have a recent Chinese ancestor, according to Austin Craig.

_______

Panay has a Negrito highlander population. Negros was entirely Negrito when the Spaniards came (according to Mallat). Only Cebu, Bohol, Samar, and Leyte had a 100% Austronesian-speaking population - but again, their bloodlines are 3/4 AZN and 1/4 Australoid.

Erm. I live in the PH, so I guess I know what I'm talking about!

Tondo is almost entirely 100% Visayan, dude...!

Go there if you don't believe me - halfway houses for maids before being farmed out to their respective bosses in Manila are all in the Tondo slums.

dude everyone agrees that negritos were already here in Philippines...but it is foolhardy to claim everyone is 1/4th negrito ....negrito populations were not huge and sprawling....not even the greatest ancient civilizations had the population you suggest negritos had

do you expect a people who depended on foraging and hunting to number in the 10s of millions like you suggest??

+Quote Post
martin_nuke
post Aug 8 2011, 04:45 PM
Post #56

AF Elite
Group Icon

This chart proves that Indonesians, Malays, Melanesians, Filipinos and Negritos are all related to each other if you look at the orange K marker bar.

http://www.wowmelanesia.com/asian-negritos...ene-expression/

This post has been edited by martin_nuke: Aug 8 2011, 08:55 PM

+Quote Post
Graham_Cracker07
post Aug 8 2011, 05:55 PM
Post #57

AF Pro
Group Icon

^ So it looks like the average Filipino is around 1/16th Negrito, and 1/16th Melanesian, so the equivalent of 1 black great grandparent on average. haha

oh, and looks like the highest Negrito/Melanesian ancestry is in Mindanao, not Luzon like ejay believes.

+Quote Post
kermit_criminal
post Aug 8 2011, 06:42 PM
Post #58

AF Pro
Group Icon

that is pretty clear to see with the naked eye. i mean... my dad's side of the family from zamboanga are all big guys and brown filipinos. my moms side are all little chinese looking people from pampanga

+Quote Post
Graham_Cracker07
post Aug 8 2011, 06:54 PM
Post #59

AF Pro
Group Icon

^ Yeah, that goes with the chart. In Western Mindanao, there's more Melanesian blood than East Asian blood. In Western Luzon, it's the opposite. Makes sense because Mindanao is closer to Melanesia/Papua, Luzon is closer to China.

It also shows that Western Mindanao has the highest Indian blood (around 1/16th), which makes a lot of sense too because it was part of Indian kingdoms.

This post has been edited by Graham_Cracker07: Aug 8 2011, 07:24 PM

+Quote Post
kermit_criminal
post Aug 8 2011, 07:43 PM
Post #60

AF Pro
Group Icon

that website linked to this paper

Most East Asian haplotypes some 90 percent turned up in Southeast or Central-South Asia. But more of these haplotypes were unique to Southeast Asia: about half of East Asian haplotypes were present only in Southeast Asia, the researchers reported, compared with the five percent of East Asian haplotypes that were found in Central-South Asia alone.

Such patterns indicate that migration from Southeast Asia into East and North Asia, the team explained. They proposed a model whereby ancestors of modern day Asian populations settled in India before migrating to Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, and the Philippines. From there, it appears one or more groups traveled north, mixing with other populations already living in these regions.

http://www.wowmelanesia.com/asian-negritos...ene-expression/

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th September 2014 - 07:35 AM