AsiaFinest Forum
Ad: 123Designing.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Is this the reason why white people love Taiwan?
robot_devil
post Aug 7 2011, 08:37 AM
Post #21

AF Addict
Group Icon

Group: Members

The reason why White/Japanese/whatever people love Taiwan is because there seems to be a lot of @$$ kissing self-haters on that island. I don't know, must be something with the water or the soil to breed such scum to the chinese nation. I have some relatives there still, but the ones that have long moved away are nothing like those you meet online or the fresh FOBs who would do anything before admitting their Chinese ancestry. I remember back in my high school days, there was this new Taiwanese girl who would not even use the word "China" to describe the location of Taiwan on a map.

When asked: "where is Taiwan"".
She would reply something along the lines of: "Draw a line from Japan to the Philipines and Taiwan is somewhere on that line ".
Person who asked: "where?"

Geez! Its beyond these people to say: "Of the eastern seabaord of China"!

Heavan forbid they get associated with China or something.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
YourMuDoIsWeak
post Aug 7 2011, 08:44 AM
Post #22

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (robot_devil @ Aug 7 2011, 09:17 AM) *
I find it amussing how hardcore TIers are always so free in using the term Formosa. If they can't be Japanese, they rather be Dutch. LOL. Identity issues for sure. sad. Just sad.

//Oh yeah, stop trying to claim Hokien or whatever as "Taiwanese". Its one thing to be ashamed of your heritage, but another in trying to hijack parts of our language, writing culture etc. you are pathetic.

Some one needs to do pushups icon_wink.gif

+Quote Post
ricefarmer912
post Aug 7 2011, 08:35 PM
Post #23

Group Icon

QUOTE (robot_devil @ Aug 7 2011, 09:37 AM) *
The reason why White/Japanese/whatever people love Taiwan is because there seems to be a lot of @$$ kissing self-haters on that island. I don't know, must be something with the water or the soil to breed such scum to the chinese nation. I have some relatives there still, but the ones that have long moved away are nothing like those you meet online or the fresh FOBs who would do anything before admitting their Chinese ancestry. I remember back in my high school days, there was this new Taiwanese girl who would not even use the word "China" to describe the location of Taiwan on a map.

She would reply something along the lines of: "Draw a line from Japan to the Philipines and Taiwan is somewhere on that line ".

Oh yes, being nice to foreigners as they visit must equate to kissing @$$, oh how barbaric of them to be nice people.
According to that girl's description, she wasn't exactly incorrect... There's more than one way to describe a location. Not using China in her description doesn't really mean anything.

+Quote Post
Mid-Night_Sun
post Aug 7 2011, 08:42 PM
Post #24

AF Supreme
Group Icon

they took a group pic. he doesnt even have his arms around anyones shoulder. he looks timid as hell. man, what kinda of drugs are some of you on...

This post has been edited by Mid-Night_Sun: Aug 8 2011, 06:40 PM

+Quote Post
lettucebecereal
post Aug 8 2011, 04:20 PM
Post #25

AF Fan
Group Icon

QUOTE (robot_devil @ Aug 7 2011, 08:37 AM) *

Sounds like someone needs to take a yoga class and surround themselves with positive people.

+Quote Post
badparticle
post Aug 9 2011, 09:18 AM
Post #26

AF Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE (robot_devil @ Aug 7 2011, 08:17 AM) *
I find it amussing how hardcore TIers are always so free in using the term Formosa. If they can't be Japanese, they rather be Dutch. LOL. Identity issues for sure. sad. Just sad.

"Zhong guo" or "Chino" or "Sina".. hmm?

You ARE sad. lol

+Quote Post
badparticle
post Aug 9 2011, 10:05 AM
Post #27

AF Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE (robot_devil @ Aug 7 2011, 08:17 AM) *
I find it amussing how hardcore TIers are always so free in using the term Formosa. .....

I thought you'd enjoy this picture:

"Formosa gets ready" 1953...

Earlier in the year 1869...(the poster's style seems to be much later)

Fastforword to 1915...

This post has been edited by badparticle: Aug 9 2011, 10:15 AM

+Quote Post
robot_devil
post Aug 13 2011, 10:10 AM
Post #28

AF Addict
Group Icon

^Whats your point? Trying to prove your Dutch ancestry?

+Quote Post
robot_devil
post Aug 13 2011, 10:21 AM
Post #29

AF Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE (badparticle @ Aug 10 2011, 12:18 AM) *
"Zhong guo" or "Chino" or "Sina".. hmm?

You ARE sad. lol

The fundamental difference, you see, is that terms like "Sina" and "China" are names the world uses to describe what we know as "Zhong Guo". There is nothing to be done about it, it is out of our hands. "Taiwan" on the other hand is the universially known name attached to a province of the PRC/ROC. Only TIers, like yourself, would refer to Taiwan as "Formosa". Hence my post about the map drawing girl and my disdain for your ilk.

+Quote Post
robot_devil
post Aug 13 2011, 10:25 AM
Post #30

AF Addict
Group Icon

Some Western guy: Where are you from?

Badparticle fresh off boat: Formosa

Western guy: Where?

Badparticle: FORMOSA!

western guy: Where is that?

Badparticle: You know Japan? You know Philipines? Draw a line from bottom of Japan to Philipines. Formosa is somewhere on that line.

Westrern guy: Whats the Philipines?

This post has been edited by robot_devil: Aug 13 2011, 10:27 AM

+Quote Post
badparticle
post Aug 14 2011, 06:17 PM
Post #31

AF Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE (robot_devil @ Aug 13 2011, 11:21 AM) *
The fundamental difference, you see, is that terms like "Sina" and "China" are names the world uses to describe what we know as "Zhong Guo". There is nothing to be done about it, it is out of our hands. "Taiwan" on the other hand is the universially known name attached to a province of the PRC/ROC. Only TIers, like yourself, would refer to Taiwan as "Formosa". Hence my post about the map drawing girl and my disdain for your ilk.

duh. As we're speaking and writing in English, it is quite right to use "China" in a sentence instead of "zhong duo".
Similarly it is okay to call it "Japan" in an English context. Insisting on Nippon or Nihon in an English forum is stupid.
And who says i must stop calling it Korea and start calling it Hanguk, in English!!

Gosh you're so sina-centric even as you try to use English. Why don't you go lecture a German about Deutschland vs. Germany?

As a Taiwanese I the Formosa naturally and properly. FYI go back and check how I used it. I can tell you that your b!tching means nothing to any Taiwanese at all.

This post has been edited by badparticle: Aug 14 2011, 06:24 PM

+Quote Post
badparticle
post Aug 14 2011, 06:23 PM
Post #32

AF Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE (robot_devil @ Aug 13 2011, 11:10 AM) *
^Whats your point? Trying to prove your Dutch ancestry?

Do yourself (and all of you Chinese-fasicts who talk non-sense) a favour. The origin of the name Formosa isn't even dutch.

+Quote Post
badparticle
post Aug 14 2011, 06:36 PM
Post #33

AF Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE (robot_devil @ Aug 13 2011, 11:25 AM) *
Some Western guy: Where are you from?

Badparticle fresh off boat: Formosa

Western guy: Where?

Badparticle: FORMOSA!

western guy: Where is that?

Badparticle: You know Japan? You know Philipines? Draw a line from bottom of Japan to Philipines. Formosa is somewhere on that line.

Westrern guy: Whats the Philipines?

It's alright if you have no clue why and when Formosa is used. You're a Chinese anyway.
FYI. KMT knew they were being shipped to Formosa back in those days.

This post has been edited by badparticle: Aug 14 2011, 06:44 PM

+Quote Post
badparticle
post Aug 14 2011, 07:00 PM
Post #34

AF Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE (Mid-Night_Sun @ Aug 7 2011, 08:42 PM) *
...man, what kinda of drugs are some of you on...

This,
this,

and this

+Quote Post
robot_devil
post Aug 15 2011, 06:09 AM
Post #35

AF Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE (badparticle @ Aug 15 2011, 09:17 AM) *
duh. As we're speaking and writing in English, it is quite right to use "China" in a sentence instead of "zhong duo".
Similarly it is okay to call it "Japan" in an English context. Insisting on Nippon or Nihon in an English forum is stupid.
And who says i must stop calling it Korea and start calling it Hanguk, in English!!

Gosh you're so sina-centric even as you try to use English. Why don't you go lecture a German about Deutschland vs. Germany?

As a Taiwanese I the Formosa naturally and properly. FYI go back and check how I used it. I can tell you that your b!tching means nothing to any Taiwanese at all.

LOL. You use Taiwanese and Formosan in the same sentence. But what do i care. Call yourself by your Dutch/Japanese name or whatever. Be a good little pet and make your master happy. I am done here.

+Quote Post
Imtherealsugarba...
post Aug 15 2011, 07:27 AM
Post #36

AF Fiend
Group Icon

ita warm and tan asian women

+Quote Post
badparticle
post Aug 15 2011, 12:08 PM
Post #37

AF Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE (robot_devil @ Aug 15 2011, 07:09 AM) *
LOL. You use Taiwanese and Formosan in the same sentence. But what do i care. Call yourself by your Dutch/Japanese name or whatever. Be a good little pet and make your master happy. I am done here.

Yah It's about time you're done throwing a tantrum at Taiwanese chat.

With your intensity of sino-centrism, you might as well stop using English and stop using the Roman alphabet to spell your pinyin. Go burn some railways FGS.

+Quote Post
zoopiter
post Aug 30 2011, 12:38 PM
Post #38

AF Pro
Group Icon

del

This post has been edited by zoopiter: Aug 30 2011, 01:01 PM

+Quote Post
zoopiter
post Aug 30 2011, 12:51 PM
Post #39

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (Yerroperil @ Aug 1 2011, 11:22 AM) *
Lol, Devils666 Taiwan is not America's b!tch... Young people in Taiwan like Japan pop culture more than the U.S.

they like anything that is hype. be it taiwanese, hakka or aboriginal itself, or overseas like japanese, american or korean. if china can become more hype in later times, they can all join into the world of the youngsters in asian pacific in this pop culture

QUOTE (badparticle @ Aug 16 2011, 01:08 AM) *

what is in the pictures? manchu lords reprimanding the chinese subjects?

QUOTE (robot_devil @ Aug 7 2011, 09:37 PM) *
there was this new Taiwanese girl who would not even use the word "China" to describe the location of Taiwan on a map.

ya, i dun understand what is the difficulty. she just point to taiwan and just say hey that is my country - taiwan. easy peasy, and no need to use the word "China". if need to, easy too, look at the map, see this black line, this is the state boundary between taiwan and china. yah, i know her country is small, but a small country is still a country. singaporeans and vaticans had never feel being a lesser being compared to the siberians.

QUOTE (VJDay @ Aug 5 2011, 01:26 PM) *
Taiwan is sovereign Chinese territory.

ROC is the term of sovereignty under taiwan at this point of time, not PRC,
so i'm not sure if you r refering to ROC or PRC.

QUOTE (VJDay @ Aug 5 2011, 01:26 PM) *
We must ensure barbarians give China the proper respect it deserves as the world's leading superpower of the 21st century.

that is the reverse of the tone when china had been asking to be selected to host 2008 olympics game.
china promise to be low profile for the tibetan-chinese conflicts and also claim that they will never try to seek hegemony

This post has been edited by zoopiter: Aug 30 2011, 01:01 PM

+Quote Post
zoopiter
post Aug 30 2011, 12:59 PM
Post #40

AF Pro
Group Icon

del

This post has been edited by zoopiter: Aug 30 2011, 01:00 PM