Chinese-Canadians reluctant to join military, study finds
RalghaHhallas
post Aug 9 2011, 02:24 PM
Post #21

AF Fan
Group Icon

Group: Members

QUOTE (YourMuDoIsWeak @ Aug 9 2011, 09:30 AM) *
I Jumped the gun. My bad i took offense about the warrior thing.
Continue to make fun of POG's and throw em a bag of chips.

No disrespect, but the infantry is not what it use to be. Much of the heavy work is done by the airforce. USAF would bomb the $ht out of the place before letting the grunts go in. I don't think any US infrantryman have faced a barrage of artillary or been in a situation when us does not have air supremecy for more than half a century. You should have a read "With the Old Bread" by Eugene Sledge.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LittleDeathAngel
post Aug 9 2011, 03:39 PM
Post #22

AF Addict
Group Icon

Chinese people are materialistic and spineless.

I wanted to join the military when I was young and I was told that only poor, stupid people with no future join the military.

Only a stupid person would want to risk their lives doing something that paid so little and was so dangerous.

+Quote Post
RalghaHhallas
post Aug 9 2011, 04:52 PM
Post #23

AF Fan
Group Icon

Chinese people have lost their martial spirt many centuries ago. We were all brought up to believe that if you are nice to others, others are nice to you. When I grew up I starting to realize that is not always the cast. Sometimes you have to fight to defend your what is yours. Our lives and that of our family's, our property and even our diginity as a human beings from people who what to take it away from you. I also come to realize that there will always be a target painted on China. This vast country blessed with much bounty will always be eyed will envy from would be empire builders and hatred by its comptitors. The abdication of the military responsiblities invites invasion and subjugation by foreign powers. There is no real peaceful option. Either your are a angry fire breathing dragon who would put the fear of god to would be invaders or a fat cow walking amoung wolves with the words eat me written on its back. The Romans understood this. Their empire lasted for over a thousands years by ruling it by means of the gladius. What China needs is its own version of Gaius Marius.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaius_Marius

In this part of the world, nice guys finishes last.

This post has been edited by RalghaHhallas: Aug 9 2011, 05:29 PM

+Quote Post
YourMuDoIsWeak
post Aug 9 2011, 07:30 PM
Post #24

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (RalghaHhallas @ Aug 9 2011, 03:24 PM) *
No disrespect, but the infantry is not what it use to be. Much of the heavy work is done by the airforce. USAF would bomb the $ht out of the place before letting the grunts go in. I don't think any US infrantryman have faced a barrage of artillary or been in a situation when us does not have air supremecy for more than half a century. You should have a read "With the Old Bread" by Eugene Sledge.

Tell that to my buddies who are dead.

+Quote Post
LoneRonin
post Aug 9 2011, 07:31 PM
Post #25

AF Fan
Group Icon

QUOTE (LittleDeathAngel @ Aug 9 2011, 01:39 PM) *
Chinese people are materialistic and spineless.

I wanted to join the military when I was young and I was told that only poor, stupid people with no future join the military.

Only a stupid person would want to risk their lives doing something that paid so little and was so dangerous.

Or they are brave, not afraid of death, love fighting, and are willing to sacrifice their lives for a brother. Joining the military, especially in the US, voluntarily is one of the most honorable things you can do. Being forced to join because of financial issues, nowhere else to go, etc. is definitely not the same and most of those soldiers turn out to be subpar soldiers. Only the willing make good and brave soldiers.

+Quote Post
AsiaticGlory
post Aug 9 2011, 08:17 PM
Post #26

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (RalghaHhallas @ Aug 9 2011, 02:24 PM) *

American soldiers have to deal with guerrilla attacks and improvised explosive devices(IEDs). It is harder to fight b/c you don't see it coming.

+Quote Post
ComradeDeki
post Aug 9 2011, 08:28 PM
Post #27

AF Fan
Group Icon

QUOTE (RalghaHhallas @ Aug 9 2011, 03:24 PM) *

Aside from the other points already made, jet fighters can't occupy cities. Jet fighters can't covertly kill terrorists like Bin Laden, and certainly can't strike precisely without fear of friendly fire or collateral damage.

Have you ever wondered why Gaddafi's government hasn't fallen yet despite NATO's constant air and cruise missile bombardment? It's up to the rebel fighters to clean up on the ground and they're not quite finished yet.

This post has been edited by ComradeDeki: Aug 9 2011, 08:36 PM

+Quote Post
RalghaHhallas
post Aug 10 2011, 12:02 PM
Post #28

AF Fan
Group Icon

QUOTE (YourMuDoIsWeak @ Aug 9 2011, 08:30 PM) *
Tell that to my buddies who are dead.

You and your buddies knew what you were getting into when you signed your names. My condolence.

The infantry has been reduce from a primary role since the end of WW1 to a supporting role to the other branches of the military in modern times.

To me this is perfection, efficiency, and inviciblility personified.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqzDrFX-cNs

+Quote Post
RalghaHhallas
post Aug 10 2011, 12:22 PM
Post #29

AF Fan
Group Icon

QUOTE (ComradeDeki @ Aug 9 2011, 09:28 PM) *
Aside from the other points already made, jet fighters can't occupy cities. Jet fighters can't covertly kill terrorists like Bin Laden, and certainly can't strike precisely without fear of friendly fire or collateral damage.

Have you ever wondered why Gaddafi's government hasn't fallen yet despite NATO's constant air and cruise missile bombardment? It's up to the rebel fighters to clean up on the ground and they're not quite finished yet.

With air supremecy, you can deny a enemy's mobility and his capability to rally a large concentrated force to attack or to ambush you. You force you enemy to disperse his forces rendering it ineffective as a fighting force. WW2 era commanders would consider modern US infantry duties as moping up actions. In modern war when you loose your sky overhead, you loose the war.

This post has been edited by RalghaHhallas: Aug 10 2011, 08:56 PM

+Quote Post
YourMuDoIsWeak
post Aug 10 2011, 12:53 PM
Post #30

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (RalghaHhallas @ Aug 10 2011, 12:02 PM) *
You and your buddies knew what you were getting into when you signed your names. My condolence.

The infantry has been reduce from a primary role since the end of WW1 to a supporting role to the other branches of the military in modern times.

To me this is perfection, efficiency, and inviciblility personified.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqzDrFX-cNs

Water is wet, the sky is blue. God loves the Infantry.
If you aint Infantry you aint $hit HOOAH!

You have your opinion but the fact remains Infantrymen can function and produce anywhere, any time, and in any condition. EMP's wont knock us out.

This post has been edited by YourMuDoIsWeak: Aug 10 2011, 12:58 PM

+Quote Post
RalghaHhallas
post Aug 10 2011, 01:10 PM
Post #31

AF Fan
Group Icon

QUOTE (YourMuDoIsWeak @ Aug 10 2011, 01:53 PM) *
Water is wet, the sky is blue. God loves the Infantry.
If you aint Infantry you aint $hit HOOAH!

You have your opinion but the fact remains Infantrymen can function and produce anywhere, any time, and in any condition. EMP's wont knock us out.

You are probably right. Once the EMP is deployed, We'll be fighting each other with nothing but slicks and stones.

+Quote Post
YourMuDoIsWeak
post Aug 10 2011, 01:41 PM
Post #32

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (RalghaHhallas @ Aug 10 2011, 01:10 PM) *
You are probably right. Once the EMP is deployed, We'll be fighting each other with nothing but slicks and stones.

Nope just the Airforce and Navy.
In the Army we have carbines or rifles with iron sights just in case our primary optics fail us.

+Quote Post
Southasianguy
post Aug 10 2011, 02:16 PM
Post #33

AF Geek
Group Icon

QUOTE (catman @ Aug 7 2011, 11:47 PM) *
Because they have set their sights higher.

Why serve a western man's country when you can own their country icon_smile.gif

This post has been edited by Southasianguy: Aug 10 2011, 02:17 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 07:24 AM