Reply to this topicStart new topic
US asks China to explain why it needs aircraft carrier
Chiphoenix
post Aug 10 2011, 05:39 PM
Post #1

AF Fan
Group Icon

Group: Members

Hahahahaha... are these dumbass for real???

Are they thinking that China is a US province? China don't need to answer to these a$$holes!!!!!
It's not your foucking bissness!!!!! China is not a vassal country like some other countries.... So go fouck yourselves with your stupid question!!!!! icon_twisted.gif

Oh i forgot, why the US needs 11 aircraft carriers???????????

US asks China to explain why it needs aircraft carrier

(AFP) 4 hours ago

WASHINGTON The United States said Wednesday it would like China to explain why it needs an aircraft carrier amid broader US concerns about Beijing's lack of transparency over its military aims.

"We would welcome any kind of explanation that China would like to give for needing this kind of equipment," State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland told reporters when asked whether the carrier would raise regional tensions.

"This is part of our larger concern that China is not as transparent as other countries. It's not as transparent as the United States about its military acquisitions, about its military budget," she said.

"And we'd like to have the kind of open, transparent relationship in military-to-military affairs," Nuland said.

"In our military-to-military relations with many countries around the world, we have the kind of bilateral dialogue where we can get quite specific about the equipment that we have and its intended purposes and its intended movements," she said.

But China and the United States are "not at that level of transparency" to which the two nations aspire, Nuland added.

The comments came hours after China's first aircraft carrier embarked on its inaugural sea trial, a move likely to stoke concerns about the nation's military expansion and growing territorial assertiveness.

Beijing only recently confirmed it was revamping an old Soviet ship to be its first carrier and has sought to play down the vessel's capability, saying it will mainly be used for training and "research."

Copyright 2011 AFP. All rights reserved.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/artic...a7ff8064da3.5b1

This post has been edited by Chiphoenix: Aug 10 2011, 05:40 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ComradeDeki
post Aug 10 2011, 05:53 PM
Post #2

AF Fan
Group Icon

I find the American resolve to enforce its security rather lulzy. The United States Navy is equipped with 12 carriers; over half of the world's aircraft carriers, but still panics as China outfits its Russian rust tub. I'd laugh even harder if they built 10 more carriers in response and falls further into debt.

At the same time, China claims to lay down this carrier with a non-aggressive purpose, which is a blatant lie. China's probably planning to terrorize the South China Sea to enforce their position in the Spratley Islands dispute, once the carrier's seaworthy.

Either way, I don't see that much of a problem. One carrier won't make China invincible. Chinese aircraft have questionable combat prowess as far as we know and use older (and stolen) American technology. US airbases in Japan and South Korea would keep the Americans safe in the unlikely event of Chinese attack. To be honest, China could attack even without a carrier because the mainland is so close to Japan and South Korea. Taiwan shrugs this off rather easily because its aircraft and air defense systems are of top quality.

This post has been edited by ComradeDeki: Aug 10 2011, 06:23 PM

+Quote Post
togepi
post Aug 10 2011, 06:10 PM
Post #3

AF Fiend
Group Icon

This is pretty childish and hypocritical from the US.

+Quote Post
Noliving
post Aug 10 2011, 06:19 PM
Post #4

AF Fiend
Group Icon

That is not hypocritical at all. The US is simply asking what are the intentions China has with such equipment, seeing as one of the obvious possible reasons for having such equipment is to challenge US forces. They are not saying China can't have the equipment, what they want to know is what china plans on doing with it, that way the US can help avoid any type of misunderstandings, such misunderstandings have a tendency throughout history of causing skirmishes and or wars.

+Quote Post
KraterosHellas
post Aug 10 2011, 07:13 PM
Post #5

AF Elite
Group Icon

why for fishing of course!

+Quote Post
arabianights
post Aug 10 2011, 07:22 PM
Post #6

AF Geek
Group Icon

u.s. is being silly, acting like a spoiled child who hasn't realize that the world is not centered around him anymore

+Quote Post
RalghaHhallas
post Aug 10 2011, 08:26 PM
Post #7

AF Fan
Group Icon

Just tell them it for research of targeting aquisition of carriers traversing the open ocean. embarassedlaugh.gif

+Quote Post
VJDay
post Aug 10 2011, 08:36 PM
Post #8

AF Geek
Group Icon

FACTS:

US is building 2 more aircraft carriers to add among her 11 pre-existing aircraft carriers in operation.

China is among the only nations in the most powerful countries in the world that DOESN'T have a single aircraft carrier. Even Brazil, India, and Thailand have an aircraft carrier.

US would like to see China become weak as possible for as long as possible - the mindset of the West has not changed since the 19th century Qing dynasty era.

We Chinese will not be lectured by the most hated war monger nation on Earth about our transparency of our military - US was the one who lied about Iraq's WMDs, and we all know the true location of Bin Laden, and he wasn't in Afghanistan!

This post has been edited by VJDay: Aug 10 2011, 08:36 PM

+Quote Post
VJDay
post Aug 10 2011, 08:48 PM
Post #9

AF Geek
Group Icon

That is not hypocritical at all. The US is simply asking what are the intentions China has with such equipment, seeing as one of the obvious possible reasons for having such equipment is to challenge US forces. They are not saying China can't have the equipment, what they want to know is what china plans on doing with it, that way the US can help avoid any type of misunderstandings, such misunderstandings have a tendency throughout history of causing skirmishes and or wars.

China wants this expensive insurance protection for her globalized maritime trade assets.

The biggest and most hated war monger nation on earth (United States) should not lecture China on adopting behavior suitable for Anglo-Saxon dominated international world community.

Responsibility from the perspective of the United States is anything that doesn't hinder America's imperialistic agenda. Clearly, the Americans think the world are centered around them. Whoever asked this question should simply walk off a cliff. Seriously.

This post has been edited by VJDay: Aug 10 2011, 08:50 PM

+Quote Post
ccL1
post Aug 10 2011, 09:57 PM
Post #10

AF Addict
Group Icon

Can anyone tell me if America demanded explanations from India, Brazil, and Thailand as to why they built/purchased aircraft carriers of their own?

As someone mentioned before, China has no reason to say anything to the US.

Continue building aircraft carriers, long-range missiles, lasers, nuclear weapons, etc... . China doesn't have to answer to anyone.

+Quote Post
HotdogLotion
post Aug 10 2011, 09:57 PM
Post #11

AF Fiend
Group Icon

By building aircraft carriers, China is only fulfilling his duty as a responsible stakeholder for peace and stability of the world.....hehehe

+Quote Post
VJDay
post Aug 10 2011, 10:02 PM
Post #12

AF Geek
Group Icon

fu-k white people and the West. I'm sick and tired of this double standard hypocrisy from the world's most hated war monger nation on Earth.

+Quote Post
Titanium
post Aug 10 2011, 10:21 PM
Post #13

AF Elite
Group Icon

Richest man on the block: Hey I heard you bought a new Mercedes. I personally have about 35 myself, would you care to explain why you bought it? I demand an explanation.

Neighbor 10 houses down: Uhhh because I want one.

Richest man on the block: That ain't cool! We're the richest family here, are you trying to challenge us?

Neighbor 10 houses down: Uhhh no. You seem rather crazy!

Richest man on the block: What? How dare you insult me! This is war!

+Quote Post
VJDay
post Aug 10 2011, 10:29 PM
Post #14

AF Geek
Group Icon

This is either highly condescending or completely myopic. The gall of the United States to ask such obvious questions.

Typical white arrogance, this is why I truly want in my deepest heart of hearts for te West to fall flat on her face. This double standard bull$hit shows us that these Western Barbarians have no concept of morality and ethics. We children of the East aare more deeply spiritual and morally superior than these barbarians of the West.

This post has been edited by VJDay: Aug 10 2011, 10:31 PM

+Quote Post
KraterosHellas
post Aug 10 2011, 11:07 PM
Post #15

AF Elite
Group Icon

QUOTE (VJDay @ Aug 10 2011, 11:29 PM) *
This is either highly condescending or completely myopic. The gall of the United States to ask such obvious questions.

Typical white arrogance, this is why I truly want in my deepest heart of hearts for te West to fall flat on her face. This double standard bull$hit shows us that these Western Barbarians have no concept of morality and ethics. We children of the East aare more deeply spiritual and morally superior than these barbarians of the West.

what i really despise about the west is their mix of nauseating hyppocracy, hedonistic opportunism and shameless wanton lack of respect for other people's rights and decisions. i own that europe have become somewhat more mindful of their past errors in the recent years but america still has looong ways to go before it realizes the magntitude of its crimes and commences a fitting repentence, before it can join the civilized club. but sadly enough for them their ill reputation is almost beyond redemption now. there's little hope left for them

+Quote Post
InitialDJay
post Aug 10 2011, 11:20 PM
Post #16

AF Elite
Group Icon

QUOTE (KraterosHellas @ Aug 11 2011, 08:13 AM) *
why for fishing of course!

that a big @$$ ship to go for fishing. embarassedlaugh.gif

the US wants to play the global leadership role, and china had say they were supporting it. multi-polar power is better anyway.

This post has been edited by InitialDJay: Aug 10 2011, 11:23 PM

+Quote Post
questionnaire
post Aug 10 2011, 11:28 PM
Post #17

AF Pro
Group Icon

Maybe China should probably focus more on aircraft carriers, a naval base wouldn't work so well with liberals, I'd say make the worse or real enemies take the brunt of the fear more further middle towards the inland, just so they don't confirm some crazy fundamentalist conspiracy theorist that China, Russia and Muslims are going to take over the coast and make it sound like we're betraying the liberal women on the coast of CA or something. x)

Anyway these guys get all worked up over nothing. And some of them even think they build thinks of inferior quality, but they still get all up in arms about it. Also they use other anti-nationalistic tactics(being hypocritical that they are) like supporting an enemy just because they seem like enemies of their enemies i.e. Uighers. Divide and conquer to control people seems sadly easy. That stuff works in games, and even in real life...like computer modulation I guess.

This post has been edited by questionnaire: Aug 10 2011, 11:44 PM

+Quote Post
Yerroperil
post Aug 11 2011, 12:08 AM
Post #18

AF Pro
Group Icon

Guess the West is just butthurt they can't enslave or kill "colored" people anymore.

+Quote Post
VJDay
post Aug 11 2011, 12:52 AM
Post #19

AF Geek
Group Icon

The West is just butt hurt that they cannot resort to gunboat diplomacy to force China to grovel at her knees for more unequal treaties to be implemented like 1985 Plaza Accord of Japan which forced the Japanese Yen to appreciate, thus starting the whole debacle known as "Japanese Lost Decade" of stagflation and slow economic growth.

If this was the 19th century, the West would have sent a gunboat, forced Western products upon China, just to rectify the trade deficit. In fact, the British force fed addictive opium to Chinese just to fix the silver trade deficit. Now, the modern time equivalent of trade deficit is the whole debate over the Yuan appreciation, which China isn't stupid. Appreciation before industrialization will simply produce a massive consumer market of middle class Chinese that will be dependent on foreigner Western companies for production to satisfy the Chinese consumer society - whereas China won't be self-sufficient to produce $hit for herself.

We all know one thing - China isn't going to let foreign companies dominate the Chinese domestic market. Korea didn't, and their Chaebols are world renown (Daewoo, Hyundai, Samsung, Kia, etc....) and Japan didn't, and their Zeirekstsu are world renown (Sony, Nissan, Toyota, Mitshubitshi, etc...).... China isn't dumb.

This post has been edited by VJDay: Aug 11 2011, 12:57 AM

+Quote Post
fireplant
post Aug 11 2011, 02:22 AM
Post #20

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (Titanium @ Aug 10 2011, 10:21 PM) *
Richest man on the block: Hey I heard you bought a new Mercedes. I personally have about 35 myself, would you care to explain why you bought it? I demand an explanation.

Neighbor 10 houses down: Uhhh because I want one.

Richest man on the block: That ain't cool! We're the richest family here, are you trying to challenge us?

Neighbor 10 houses down: Uhhh no. You seem rather crazy!

Richest man on the block: What? How dare you insult me! This is war!

LOL

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 01:05 AM