Reply to this topicStart new topic
US asks China to explain why it needs aircraft carrier
Captain Corea
post Aug 12 2011, 11:10 PM
Post #41

AF Elite
Group Icon

Group: Members

Sems to me that it is an offensive/force projecting weapon. Yet China has claimed that it is not interested in offence. I can see why there'd be questions... but the answer if obvious - China is looking to be able to project its force if desired.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
InitialDJay
post Aug 12 2011, 11:29 PM
Post #42

AF Elite
Group Icon

QUOTE (Captain Corea @ Aug 13 2011, 01:10 PM) *
Sems to me that it is an offensive/force projecting weapon. Yet China has claimed that it is not interested in offence. I can see why there'd be questions... but the answer if obvious - China is looking to be able to project its force if desired.

there's nothing wrong with china going after its national and strategic interest. all countries do. the main problem is china ideological incompatibility with the US need to be resolved through understanding each other core interest. a fact that will make neighboring countries freak the hell out. i actually favor the US being the batman while china plays the robin in close door.

+Quote Post
faydabakery
post Aug 13 2011, 12:58 AM
Post #43

AF Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE (VJDay @ Aug 12 2011, 02:02 AM) *
Look at you, defending Americans, when clearly the entire Chinese community disagrees with America's typical arrogance.

Why are you defending typical white arrogance? Clearly you are not the Chinese, but either anti-Chinese white bastard barbarian, or a Japanese.

i'm far from anti-chinese. i just understand what criticism is. but people like you should not be tolerated. if you think white people are so arrogant, then why do you sink to their level with your petty name calling and inbox messages? you are a closed minded little boy who obviously has little to no real contact with the rest of the international community.

+Quote Post
BigFatPandaBear
post Aug 13 2011, 02:11 AM
Post #44

AF Geek
Group Icon

QUOTE (faydabakery @ Aug 12 2011, 01:58 AM) *
This coming from the person that insults Japanese, women and anyone not Chinese constantly to make Chinese look bad. You're obviously the troll here.

Any cvnt like you who insults a Chinese person for hating the Japanese is either a Japanese or an anti-Chines racist.

No Chinese should ever forget that the Japanese invaded and murdered millions of Chinese.

China needs more carriers and warships to make sure that millions of Chinese are not murdered by Japanese again.

+Quote Post
HotdogLotion
post Aug 13 2011, 02:23 AM
Post #45

AF Fiend
Group Icon

QUOTE (Captain Corea @ Aug 13 2011, 12:10 AM) *

Both Japan and SK have already built light carriers and are building bigger ones in the next few years. Oh.... Don't kid yourself......SK's Dokdo and Japan's Hyuga are not average destroyers as they claimed. They are de facto light aircraft carriers disguised as helicopter carrying destroyers. Both ships' elevators are big enough and powerful enough to lift F-35. As a matter of fact, SK and Japan built those ships with purchasing F-35 in mind. Thus both countries must be power hungry and aggressive nations according to the logic u implied....No? So even smaller Asian countries such as SK, Japan, and Thailand have aircraft carriers. Given Chna's long coast line, I don't see why China doesn't need a few carriers of her own to defend her sea border.

+Quote Post
Yerroperil
post Aug 13 2011, 02:37 AM
Post #46

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (Captain Corea @ Aug 12 2011, 11:10 PM) *

Weapons can't be used to defend oneself LOL... China doesn't want U.S. pushing it around.

+Quote Post
Hugham
post Aug 13 2011, 02:42 AM
Post #47

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (faydabakery @ Aug 13 2011, 01:58 PM) *
i'm far from anti-chinese. i just understand what criticism is. but people like you should not be tolerated. if you think white people are so arrogant, then why do you sink to their level with your petty name calling and inbox messages? you are a closed minded little boy who obviously has little to no real contact with the rest of the international community.

You are a good person, faydabakery.

If you and me die, we will became a good friend in heaven. We will having fun and have a great party everyday. beerchug.gif

But........US citizen are not just you alone, there are hundreds of millions people.

And especially those elites who run the country have different opinion with you.

Chinese people are not hate Westerners. We are welcoming Westerns people. This is not just words, there are tons of evidence in the real world.

I guess, there's no people in the world who are very close to European as the relationship between Chinese and European.

But sometimes, I just feel very tired. We are being provoked and bombarded with tons of anti-Chinese comments everyday and political maneuver, like there's no deep emotional impact.

The true is, Chinese nationalism are not created by CCP, instead by the West.

+Quote Post
Yerroperil
post Aug 13 2011, 02:46 AM
Post #48

AF Pro
Group Icon

We were always viewed as subhuman ch!nks who are the sick man of Asia... Europe had respect for Chinese culture(Chinoiserie) until they realized Qing was weak, then they started carving up spheres of influence and forcing us to pay for getting rid of the poison,opium... Anti Chinese comments are pretty funny to read, they are either nationalist wet dreams or butthurt people.

+Quote Post
BigFatPandaBear
post Aug 13 2011, 02:47 AM
Post #49

AF Geek
Group Icon

QUOTE (HotdogLotion @ Aug 13 2011, 03:23 AM) *
Both Japan and SK have already built light carriers and are building bigger ones in the next few years. Oh.... Don't kid yourself......SK's Dokdo and Japan's Hyuga are not average destroyers as they claimed. They are de facto light aircraft carriers disguised as helicopter carrying destroyers. Both ships' elevators are big enough and powerful enough to lift F-35. As a matter of fact, SK and Japan built those ships with purchasing F-35 in mind. Thus both countries must be power hungry and aggressive nations according to the logic u implied....No? So even smaller Asian countries such as SK, Japan, and Thailand have aircraft carriers. Given Chna's long coast line, I don't see why China doesn't need a few carriers of her own to defend her sea border.

Everyone knows it is ludicrous that the Japanese can have a giant navy after murdering millions of Chinese but China can't have a more modern one.

Now why don't they want China to be able to defend themselves? The Japanese want China to be every bit as vulnerable as it was in 1939, that's why.

They can't stand that China can defend itself now. China needs to be as powerful as possible. If it lets down its guard because of ludicrous and racist questions (about Chinese right to own even one carrier when even Thailand has one) then the millions murdered by the Japanese in WWII would have died in vain.

+Quote Post
BigFatPandaBear
post Aug 13 2011, 02:50 AM
Post #50

AF Geek
Group Icon

QUOTE (Yerroperil @ Aug 13 2011, 03:46 AM) *
We were always viewed as subhuman ch!nks who are the sick man of Asia... Europe had respect for Chinese culture(Chinoiserie) until they realized Qing was weak, then they started carving up spheres of influence and forcing us to pay for getting rid of the poison,opium... Anti Chinese comments are pretty funny to read, they are either nationalist wet dreams or butthurt people.

All Chinese must remember this is how white people and Japanese and anti-Chinese racists like faydabakery think.

+Quote Post
crabdonut
post Aug 13 2011, 04:01 AM
Post #51

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (Captain Corea @ Aug 13 2011, 12:10 AM) *

Seems to you because you are an outsider and a Canadian so you would think that China spending on its military is a form of boasting and oppression of its neighbors.

This post has been edited by crabdonut: Aug 13 2011, 04:03 AM

+Quote Post
Crossbow
post Aug 13 2011, 04:20 AM
Post #52

AF Geek
Group Icon

QUOTE (faydabakery @ Aug 13 2011, 03:58 PM) *

Typical traitorous self hater.

+Quote Post
Captain Corea
post Aug 13 2011, 06:17 AM
Post #53

AF Elite
Group Icon

QUOTE (crabdonut @ Aug 13 2011, 06:01 PM) *
Seems to you because you are an outsider and a Canadian so you would think that China spending on its military is a form of boasting and oppression of its neighbors.

Is that what I said? Show me where I said China was boasting.

I was talking about projecting force...one of the great advantages of an aircraft carrier.

There was no judgement in my post, and for the record, I totally understand why China would take this step.

+Quote Post
Noliving
post Aug 13 2011, 09:16 AM
Post #54

AF Fiend
Group Icon

QUOTE (VJDay @ Aug 10 2011, 08:48 PM) *
China wants this expensive insurance protection for her globalized maritime trade assets.

The biggest and most hated war monger nation on earth (United States) should not lecture China on adopting behavior suitable for Anglo-Saxon dominated international world community.

Responsibility from the perspective of the United States is anything that doesn't hinder America's imperialistic agenda. Clearly, the Americans think the world are centered around them. Whoever asked this question should simply walk off a cliff. Seriously.

That is one possibility but considering the comments it would suggest that the real reason is to challenge the US. Again the US isn't saying China can't have them, what the US wants to know is how they are going to be used, considering past incidents involving the US navy and China, the risk for conflict over a misunderstanding is quit considerable. The US is trying to gain a better understanding of the environment so to avoid conflict.

QUOTE (ccL1 @ Aug 10 2011, 09:57 PM) *
Can anyone tell me if America demanded explanations from India, Brazil, and Thailand as to why they built/purchased aircraft carriers of their own?

As someone mentioned before, China has no reason to say anything to the US.

Continue building aircraft carriers, long-range missiles, lasers, nuclear weapons, etc... . China doesn't have to answer to anyone.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did ask those nations. China doesn't have to answer to anyone but consider the possibility for conflict due to a misunderstanding.....

+Quote Post
orange peel
post Aug 13 2011, 09:22 AM
Post #55

AF Guru
Group Icon

^ that's the whole point, if there's no possibility for conflict then there's no force for change. China wants its own sphere of influence in east asia and it can't do that if there's no "possibility for conflict".

China can't set the rules of engagements now because right now China is weak and US is strong and the terms of the agreement would be disadvantageous, the only intelligent thing to do is to wait a couple of decades until China is much stronger to set those rules. in that case the terms would become much more advantageous.

This post has been edited by orange peel: Aug 13 2011, 09:26 AM

+Quote Post
robot_devil
post Aug 13 2011, 09:47 AM
Post #56

AF Addict
Group Icon

Asked to explain? Normally they just criticise. I think Sam has momentarily mistaken the PRC for Japan or South Korea.

This post has been edited by robot_devil: Aug 13 2011, 09:48 AM

+Quote Post
Southasianguy
post Aug 13 2011, 03:21 PM
Post #57

AF Geek
Group Icon

QUOTE (UnZipped @ Aug 12 2011, 06:32 PM) *
The us will.not want to mess with china.

Everyone knows that fact. They can't even handle what they have in Vietnam or Afghanistan icon_smile.gif Also US technology is crappy because some low level insurgent took out a Chinook helicopter with a mere rocket launcher. OBESE american technology at its best icon_smile.gif

Both Japan and South Korea blow american d!cks and gets used like a HORE. But countries like China, Russia, India, Brazil, Cuba, North Korea, Iran, boldly hold their ground. These are the countries that I admire.

This post has been edited by Southasianguy: Aug 13 2011, 03:36 PM

+Quote Post
crabdonut
post Aug 13 2011, 03:23 PM
Post #58

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (Captain Corea @ Aug 13 2011, 06:17 AM) *
Is that what I said? Show me where I said China was boasting.

I was talking about projecting force...one of the great advantages of an aircraft carrier.

There was no judgement in my post, and for the record, I totally understand why China would take this step.

You can play around with words all you want, but the truth of the matter is that for you China spending on its military is entirely because it wants to project force/boast/oppress its neighbors. No you don't understand why China would take this step until people criticized you. Now you're just backpedaling.

+Quote Post
Southasianguy
post Aug 13 2011, 03:40 PM
Post #59

AF Geek
Group Icon

QUOTE (crabdonut @ Aug 13 2011, 03:23 PM) *
Now you're just backpedaling.

Typical teaction of a hater/troll when they get cornered icon_smile.gif

+Quote Post
faydabakery
post Aug 13 2011, 05:24 PM
Post #60

AF Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE (BigFatPandaBear @ Aug 13 2011, 03:11 AM) *
Any cvnt like you who insults a Chinese person for hating the Japanese is either a Japanese or an anti-Chines racist.

No Chinese should ever forget that the Japanese invaded and murdered millions of Chinese.

China needs more carriers and warships to make sure that millions of Chinese are not murdered by Japanese again.

Who's forgetting what the Japanese did? And that idiot keeps calling me Japanese. However, I don't have any problems with Japanese people. If you want, you can cling to old hatreds especially if you were around during that time but I wasn't. I'm not going to keep pounding it into the heads of the current generations of Japanese. Like I said in another thread, go speak to real Japanese if you have such problems with them. This passive aggression over the internet is not going to help you.

QUOTE (Hugham @ Aug 13 2011, 03:42 AM) *
You are a good person, faydabakery.

If you and me die, we will became a good friend in heaven. We will having fun and have a great party everyday. beerchug.gif

But........US citizen are not just you alone, there are hundreds of millions people.

And especially those elites who run the country have different opinion with you.

Chinese people are not hate Westerners. We are welcoming Westerns people. This is not just words, there are tons of evidence in the real world.

I guess, there's no people in the world who are very close to European as the relationship between Chinese and European.

But sometimes, I just feel very tired. We are being provoked and bombarded with tons of anti-Chinese comments everyday and political maneuver, like there's no deep emotional impact.

The true is, Chinese nationalism are not created by CCP, instead by the West.

I do understand your frustration and fatigue of internet comments. But you are discussing politics which is something people generally don't agree on. I don't think most Chinese hate westerners either. I only single out the few people on AF that are. There's a difference between being nationalistic and being hateful. It's not to say that there are no racial problems between races but why bother adding fuel to that fire? There's nothing to gain from that. This is more beneficial: beerchug.gif

QUOTE (Crossbow @ Aug 13 2011, 05:20 AM) *
Typical traitorous self hater.

Look in the mirror buddy. You're not Chinese.

This post has been edited by faydabakery: Aug 13 2011, 06:45 PM

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th December 2014 - 06:10 PM