Reply to this topicStart new topic
US asks China to explain why it needs aircraft carrier
Jarhier
post Aug 13 2011, 10:28 PM
Post #61

AF Elite
Group Icon

Group: Members

The US is spending three times that of Russia, UK, and China combined in military and has it's military bases set up all over the world. So it's hypocritical for the US to question any nations for their defense as the US has been the aggressive one in recent years.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rahul1000
post Aug 13 2011, 10:33 PM
Post #62

AF Guru
Group Icon

According to wikipedia at least, there are 22 carriers currently in service, with the U.S alone having 11 of them, one under construction and two planned.

The U.S is in no position to whine.

+Quote Post
Hugham
post Aug 14 2011, 02:50 AM
Post #63

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (faydabakery @ Aug 14 2011, 06:24 AM) *
I do understand your frustration and fatigue of internet comments. But you are discussing politics which is something people generally don't agree on. I don't think most Chinese hate westerners either. I only single out the few people on AF that are. There's a difference between being nationalistic and being hateful. It's not to say that there are no racial problems between races but why bother adding fuel to that fire? There's nothing to gain from that. This is more beneficial: beerchug.gif

It's not internet comments written by 14 years old boys. It's an official comments by US politicians and mainstream media. All of them are well-educated and smart.

Since you are Westerners and US citizen, are you angry and feel threatened by the Muslims country negative comments and political maneuver against the West bloc?

What the West bloc did to China is far worse than what Muslims country did to the Western countries.

Both the West and the Muslims, spread hatred, support terrorism and kill civilians. Remember that Uighurs terrorism trained, planned, supported and executed by the US government. US is also the mastermind of hatred between Uighurs with other ethnic groups in China.

There are tons of what the West did but Muslims didn't, which is why the West far worse than the Muslims.

I'm insulted.

This post has been edited by Hugham: Aug 14 2011, 02:55 AM

+Quote Post
faydabakery
post Aug 14 2011, 09:42 AM
Post #64

AF Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE (Hugham @ Aug 14 2011, 03:50 AM) *
It's not internet comments written by 14 years old boys. It's an official comments by US politicians and mainstream media. All of them are well-educated and smart.

Since you are Westerners and US citizen, are you angry and feel threatened by the Muslims country negative comments and political maneuver against the West bloc?

What the West bloc did to China is far worse than what Muslims country did to the Western countries.

Both the West and the Muslims, spread hatred, support terrorism and kill civilians. Remember that Uighurs terrorism trained, planned, supported and executed by the US government. US is also the mastermind of hatred between Uighurs with other ethnic groups in China.

There are tons of what the West did but Muslims didn't, which is why the West far worse than the Muslims.

I'm insulted.

I'm not threatened by Muslims unless they have a gun pointed at me. I've had no problems with them. I'd be stupid to hold every Muslim responsible for the attacks on the US. At this point Muslims and Americans are killing each other for years so there's obvious anger and tension on both sides. Where'd you get the information about the Uighurs being a government conspiracy? I also don't support what the American government is doing on a few issues including against the Muslim world. Just because I don't like some American and Chinese government policies doesn't mean I'm going to go around hating Americans and Chinese. You are informed about both sides of the story so you should know the difference between the governments and their people. It's all politics. Spreading hatred does nothing in my opinion regardless if its on a government level or individual level.

+Quote Post
Megapower
post Aug 14 2011, 03:16 PM
Post #65

AF Geek
Group Icon

@ Faydakbakery:

Even my non-nationalist Chinese friends whom i showed this too said: Typical White Arrogance.

We all know that China hinders America's imperialistic agenda, that is why it asks such condescending and patronizing questions to lecture China on responsibility (ie. submission) in an Anglo-Saxon dominated international world order.

Please do not defend white people. They have no moral and ethical justification to lecture China on responsibility - US is the least qualified person to lecture China on military responsibility - it has the world's largest military budget, the most advanced technology in weapons, and she is killing innocent people abroad in recent years.

Stop being anti-Chinese.

+Quote Post
Lens
post Aug 14 2011, 05:04 PM
Post #66

AF Fan
Group Icon

QUOTE (Megapower @ Aug 14 2011, 04:16 PM) *
@ Faydakbakery:

Even my non-nationalist Chinese friends whom i showed this too said: Typical White Arrogance.

We all know that China hinders America's imperialistic agenda, that is why it asks such condescending and patronizing questions to lecture China on responsibility (ie. submission) in an Anglo-Saxon dominated international world order.

Please do not defend white people. They have no moral and ethical justification to lecture China on responsibility - US is the least qualified person to lecture China on military responsibility - it has the world's largest military budget, the most advanced technology in weapons, and she is killing innocent people abroad in recent years.

Stop being anti-Chinese.

Megapower, you're must be new to this forum? This liar Fayedakbakery boy has been a anti-China and trynig to mislead people since the day he crawled into this world.
I can imagine what this guy is capable of in the real world, conning, misleading and brainwashing clueless innocent people. I feel sorry for those that knows or encountered and victimized by him.

FayedBakery boy got owned not so long ago... <----- click here

This post has been edited by Lens: Aug 14 2011, 05:28 PM

+Quote Post
faydabakery
post Aug 15 2011, 12:58 AM
Post #67

AF Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE (Megapower @ Aug 14 2011, 04:16 PM) *
@ Faydakbakery:

Stop being anti-Chinese.

It's funny how you think wanting peaceful relations between different races is considered anti-Chinese. That is seriously ridiculous. Until you can show me every white person is anti-Chinese and hates Chinese, I don't see why I should listen to you or anyone else who disagrees with me. It's as simple as that.

QUOTE (Lens @ Aug 14 2011, 06:04 PM) *
Megapower, you're must be new to this forum? This liar Fayedakbakery boy has been a anti-China and trynig to mislead people since the day he crawled into this world.
I can imagine what this guy is capable of in the real world, conning, misleading and brainwashing clueless innocent people. I feel sorry for those that knows or encountered and victimized by him.

FayedBakery boy got owned not so long ago... <----- click here

Oh look. It's an Asian bigot who doesn't know his butt from his mouth. Why don't you fight the KKK and do something productive with your life.

+Quote Post
Captain Corea
post Aug 18 2011, 10:34 PM
Post #68

AF Elite
Group Icon

QUOTE (crabdonut @ Aug 14 2011, 05:23 AM) *
You can play around with words all you want, but the truth of the matter is that for you China spending on its military is entirely because it wants to project force/boast/oppress its neighbors. No you don't understand why China would take this step until people criticized you. Now you're just backpedaling.

There is no playing with words on my part... My words have been quite simple - an aircraft carrier is used for projecting force. I've said it a number of times on this thread, and really couldn't be any more clear.

It was YOU who put presumed motivation into my posts and it was YOU who is now backpedaling.

So I'll ask you again, show me a quote where I said China was boasting. This thread is not very long, and I've only got a couple of posts in it...so by all means, don't backpedal.... Back up what you claim!

+Quote Post
Titanium
post Aug 18 2011, 11:10 PM
Post #69

AF Elite
Group Icon

The world's largest spender on her military is really going to question/lecture others on the topic? Really now.

+Quote Post
KraterosHellas
post Aug 18 2011, 11:44 PM
Post #70

AF Elite
Group Icon

i'm surprised that there are defenders for america on this issue. i mean how thick can u get? can't u see that the US is the one that owes everyone, especially china, a very long explanation for its outrageous military spending and provocations through taiwan, vietnam, korea, japan, middle-east etc?? look at these statistics and think again:

military expenditure in 2010 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_military_expenditures)
US: 698,105,000,000
china: 114,000,000,000

U.S. purchases account for 47 percent of world military expenditures in 2003, which totaled about US$956 billion... The US spends almost as much money on defence as all the other countries in the world combined.

+Quote Post
Mid-Night_Sun
post Aug 19 2011, 12:32 AM
Post #71

AF Supreme
Group Icon

US also polices most of the world. that runs an expensive bill.

anyway i dont see a big deal. who cares if it is hypocritical. when is America not? let them ask or judge or criticize. i have no clue what has changed and they have been doing it for years.

+Quote Post
Yerroperil
post Aug 19 2011, 12:36 AM
Post #72

AF Pro
Group Icon

U.S. is going to spend until they ruin the whole world's economy...

+Quote Post
Megapower
post Aug 19 2011, 12:51 AM
Post #73

AF Geek
Group Icon

^ USSR collapsed because it had too much military, too little economy, so it collapsed.

USA will not collapse, but will no longer be the world's superpower, because it has too much military, too much spending, so financial downfall...

China is pretty much set for Superpower status. Seriously, let's be honest.

+Quote Post
Yerroperil
post Aug 19 2011, 01:39 AM
Post #74

AF Pro
Group Icon

Which countries are going to be superpowers, my guess is China maybe India and Brazil.

+Quote Post
Megapower
post Aug 19 2011, 06:37 PM
Post #75

AF Geek
Group Icon

OMG!!

Faydabakery got owned by Lorax.... LOL!!!!

What a hypocrite. You know, Faydabakery, you sound soo Japanese, you can hardly be a Chinese. White boy wannabe Japanese c@ck suker. !!1

This post has been edited by Megapower: Aug 19 2011, 06:38 PM

+Quote Post
nanman
post Aug 21 2011, 05:17 AM
Post #76

AF Fan
Group Icon

The only explanation China can give is the middle finger!

+Quote Post
KraterosHellas
post Aug 21 2011, 09:37 PM
Post #77

AF Elite
Group Icon

QUOTE (Megapower @ Aug 19 2011, 01:51 AM) *
^ USSR collapsed because it had too much military, too little economy, so it collapsed.

USA will not collapse, but will no longer be the world's superpower, because it has too much military, too much spending, so financial downfall...

China is pretty much set for Superpower status. Seriously, let's be honest.

i'm hoping guam and hawaii will secede in the breakup.

+Quote Post
NigerianPride
post Aug 21 2011, 10:19 PM
Post #78

AF Fan
Group Icon

QUOTE (KraterosHellas @ Aug 21 2011, 09:37 PM) *
i'm hoping guam and hawaii will secede in the breakup.

lol, Guam would easily vote to stay with the US in some sort of arrangement, does the will of the people living there matter? None of the soviet republics voted to stay with the Soviet Union, the red army wouldn't let them vote on anything.

It's ironic, I see more seperatist stuff here from Chinese people hoping for parts of the US to break away then I do even on US forums regarding Tibet. I'm guessing its related to frustration over the actions of Tibetan indepedence avtivists operating out of the US? It is a bit odd though because a Chinese person hoping for hawaiian indepedence would be more like an American pushing for Manchurian indepedence, the number of "natives" who hope for it is so marginal they basically represent a crazy fringe movement. (Such a movement does exist in Manchuria last I checked)

That said I think Tibet is legally part of China, and a majority of the populace would vote to stay with China (just to be clear).

This post has been edited by NigerianPride: Aug 21 2011, 10:19 PM

+Quote Post
Megapower
post Aug 21 2011, 10:46 PM
Post #79

AF Geek
Group Icon

I wouldn't mind China acquiring some naval bases in the Pacific...

I mean, if you are a military strategist.. no base is better than Guam or Hawaii.

+Quote Post
Hugham
post Aug 21 2011, 10:59 PM
Post #80

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (KraterosHellas @ Aug 19 2011, 12:44 PM) *
i'm surprised that there are defenders for america on this issue. i mean how thick can u get? can't u see that the US is the one that owes everyone, especially china, a very long explanation for its outrageous military spending and provocations through taiwan, vietnam, korea, japan, middle-east etc?? look at these statistics and think again:

military expenditure in 2010 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_military_expenditures)
US: 698,105,000,000
china: 114,000,000,000

U.S. purchases account for 47 percent of world military expenditures in 2003, which totaled about US$956 billion... The US spends almost as much money on defence as all the other countries in the world combined.

US military spending is very questionable. Look at this table:

Although the Cold War is over, US defense budget was still high, and getting even higher after 9/11..

US spending on military bases around the globe table:

The USSR was gone, and US became crazier. For what? World domination and dictatorship?

From all I know, democracy need opposition.

This post has been edited by Hugham: Aug 21 2011, 11:00 PM

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th November 2014 - 10:54 AM