Should US troops leave?
Captain Corea
post Aug 15 2011, 06:28 PM
Post #21

AF Elite
Group Icon

Group: Members

QUOTE (ElegantKoreanGentleman @ Aug 16 2011, 08:13 AM) *
The world knows sanctions starve people and are responsible for the famine in North Korea.

If you want to go against a standard belief the onus is on you.

Sanctions ruin economies and make them poor. Political and economic isolation leads to starvation.

Nah, I'd say that the world views the North's structure as the main cause of its suffering.

Again, I've asked you and your previous accounts to prove how these sanctions are aimed towards the average person... and you've yet to be able to do that.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ElegantKoreanGen...
post Aug 15 2011, 06:29 PM
Post #22

AF Fan
Group Icon

QUOTE (YourMuDoIsWeak @ Aug 15 2011, 06:18 PM) *
Most of your sources are outdated fact is many of the Soldiers have moved to Pyeongtaek...
Prostitution is a problem but its not caused by US G.I.'s.

http://tatesjourney.com/travel-esl/the-city-of-prostitutes#

http://wikimapia.org/19229360/Pyeongtaek-Red-Light-District

http://www.stripes.com/news/area-iii-pyeon...-owners-1.40149
Taliento said Area III and Pyeongtaek City share a concern over prostitution and human trafficking

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...16092110AAEiL6H

THe AMerican presense creates a whoring culture much like the culture of Pattaya in Thailand where great white men are walking around with a mama san under their arms. Maybe you like that but that is a direct cause from America's military presense. Will you deny?

+Quote Post
Captain Corea
post Aug 15 2011, 06:32 PM
Post #23

AF Elite
Group Icon

hahahha

you're using Yahoo Answers as a source now? Seriously??

The more i see of your posting, the more I realize you know so little about Korea.

+Quote Post
ElegantKoreanGen...
post Aug 15 2011, 06:33 PM
Post #24

AF Fan
Group Icon

QUOTE (Captain Corea @ Aug 15 2011, 07:28 PM) *
Nah, I'd say that the world views the North's structure as the main cause of its suffering.

Again, I've asked you and your previous accounts to prove how these sanctions are aimed towards the average person... and you've yet to be able to do that.

What a joke. Sanctions by their very nature are aimed at the average person. The way a sanction works is to make the populace suffer so that they depose the ones in power. This is how all sanctions work. Again the only one flying against the face of standard common sense and knowledge is you and catman.

http://www.nautilus.org/publications/essay...06100Franks.pdf
If you'd like a lesson on how sanctions work read this.

If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing. ~Malcolm X

+Quote Post
ElegantKoreanGen...
post Aug 15 2011, 06:36 PM
Post #25

AF Fan
Group Icon

QUOTE (Captain Corea @ Aug 15 2011, 07:32 PM) *
hahahha

you're using Yahoo Answers as a source now? Seriously??

The more i see of your posting, the more I realize you know so little about Korea.

They're not the only sources I'm using and there isn't recent studies of whoring due to political reasons.

As it stands if you look at the history, if you look at the present, if you look at the pattern across the world where American soldiers reside...and it's not just America this is the standard rule for any occupied land that garrisons foriegn troops the issue is redundant because it's just obvious.

+Quote Post
Captain Corea
post Aug 15 2011, 06:41 PM
Post #26

AF Elite
Group Icon

There's prostitution all over Korea... to say it's due to the US bases is asinine. Removing the US bases would not remove prostitution from Korea... and if you read the articles you copy/pasted, you'd realize that.

+Quote Post
YourMuDoIsWeak
post Aug 15 2011, 06:49 PM
Post #27

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (ElegantKoreanGentleman @ Aug 15 2011, 07:29 PM) *
http://tatesjourney.com/travel-esl/the-city-of-prostitutes#

http://wikimapia.org/19229360/Pyeongtaek-Red-Light-District

http://www.stripes.com/news/area-iii-pyeon...-owners-1.40149
Taliento said Area III and Pyeongtaek City share a concern over prostitution and human trafficking

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...16092110AAEiL6H

THe AMerican presense creates a whoring culture much like the culture of Pattaya in Thailand where great white men are walking around with a mama san under their arms. Maybe you like that but that is a direct cause from America's military presense. Will you deny?

No, your wrong their were always courtesans in Korea. You really think that 37,000 people are the reason? No its because Korean guys like getting their rocks off to.
Seriously why cant you see the bigger picture?

Also dont throw a straw man at me. My morals are not in question here I inted to become a LEO after my time in Service. Look at bust in Seoul they outnumber those in Military areas I wonder why.... As if all american soldiers are whore mongering degenerates...

+Quote Post
ElegantKoreanGen...
post Aug 15 2011, 07:43 PM
Post #28

AF Fan
Group Icon

QUOTE (YourMuDoIsWeak @ Aug 15 2011, 07:49 PM) *
No, your wrong their were always courtesans in Korea. You really think that 37,000 people are the reason? No its because Korean guys like getting their rocks off to.
Seriously why cant you see the bigger picture?

Also dont throw a straw man at me. My morals are not in question here I inted to become a LEO after my time in Service. Look at bust in Seoul they outnumber those in Military areas I wonder why.... As if all american soldiers are whore mongering degenerates...

What is the bigger picture?

+Quote Post
ElegantKoreanGen...
post Aug 15 2011, 07:47 PM
Post #29

AF Fan
Group Icon

QUOTE (Captain Corea @ Aug 15 2011, 07:41 PM) *
There's prostitution all over Korea... to say it's due to the US bases is asinine. Removing the US bases would not remove prostitution from Korea... and if you read the articles you copy/pasted, you'd realize that.

It's partly due to American bases.

foriegn troops who are there to exert their own interest and being serviced tarnishes a nations characther more than if men and women of the same country do it.

The American presense adds to the prostitute culture in South Korea and changes the culture towards a more humiliating and embarassing charachter.

This is like describing that fire is hot or water is wet.

This post has been edited by ElegantKoreanGentleman: Aug 15 2011, 07:56 PM

+Quote Post
YourMuDoIsWeak
post Aug 15 2011, 08:14 PM
Post #30

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (ElegantKoreanGentleman @ Aug 15 2011, 08:43 PM) *
What is the bigger picture?

The bigger picture is that Korea's problems are not caused by American alone.
Your using the G.I's who have minimal interaction with the majority of Koreans as the catalyst of South Koreans problems. Where are you from anyways?

+Quote Post
Nostylez
post Aug 15 2011, 08:22 PM
Post #31

AF Fan
Group Icon

QUOTE (ElegantKoreanGentleman @ Aug 16 2011, 10:47 AM) *
It's partly due to American bases.

foriegn troops who are there to exert their own interest and being serviced tarnishes a nations characther more than if men and women of the same country do it.

The American presense adds to the prostitute culture in South Korea and changes the culture towards a more humiliating and embarassing charachter.

This is like describing that fire is hot or water is wet.

This guy does have a point,
It's like If someone were to go to Thailand to sight see many people would think otherwise.
All because of the reputation that country has.

I should add it's no knock on Thailand the country is beautiful with most likely the nicest people you will ever meet.

But South Korea is not known for that and I hope it never will.

This post has been edited by Nostylez: Aug 15 2011, 08:25 PM

+Quote Post
YourMuDoIsWeak
post Aug 15 2011, 08:30 PM
Post #32

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (Nostylez @ Aug 15 2011, 08:22 PM) *
It's like If someone were to go to Thailand to sight see many people would think otherwise.

I should add it's no knock on Thailand the country is beautiful with most likely the nicest people you will ever meet.

So even if the vast majority of prostitution is aimed towards Korean men its partly because of US Troops. My god guys why dont you leave your country's and go to Korea. God knows they need more men in the Military.

+Quote Post
ElegantKoreanGen...
post Aug 15 2011, 08:45 PM
Post #33

AF Fan
Group Icon

QUOTE (YourMuDoIsWeak @ Aug 15 2011, 08:14 PM) *
The bigger picture is that Korea's problems are not caused by American alone.
Your using the G.I's who have minimal interaction with the majority of Koreans as the catalyst of South Koreans problems. Where are you from anyways?

I never claimed America was the sole cause of the problem but they are the ones with occupying forces in South Korea and one of the two main instigators in the division of Korea. The other party was Russia and they never phyiscally interfered like America to guarentee their interests.

Occupying soldiers create a culture around them. A culture South Korea does not need. THat was the issue and it's a relevant point in light of this thread.

QUOTE (Nostylez @ Aug 15 2011, 08:22 PM) *

I wasn't thinking about how others might percieve South Korea. I was focused soley on the national charachter and internal culture of South Korea. A nation that services foriegn garrisons with their own women is not the same as men visitiing prositutes in their own country. The later happens in every country the former only in conquered lands.

In this sense your last sentence is redundant as the effects which I am talking about are already happening.

+Quote Post
fivers
post Aug 15 2011, 08:51 PM
Post #34

AF Pro
Group Icon

lol it's obvious that the Spearman does not know about Korea otherwise he would know that Korean men visit prostitutes very casually and very often and this as opposed to other Asian countries... or else he's in denial but either way he's not Korean - probably a kr war veteran with PTSD and vivid souvenirs of his suky-fuky days back in Itaewon naughty.gif

+Quote Post
Megapower
post Aug 15 2011, 09:21 PM
Post #35

AF Geek
Group Icon

QUOTE (Captain Corea)
Why? I mean, why would US troops need to leave for the Unification process to start?

I see them eventually leaving, but it depends what kind of unification process we're looking at. If the DPRK system was to collapse, I'd be cool with US troops staying on for a bit to ease confidence.

Eventually though, I'd like to see their presence here minimized.

US and ROK will continue to do what is in their strategic interest. Currently, ROK's strategic interests lies in a strong military as an expensive insurance protection and deterrent against potential N. Korea violence and invasion. The assurance of US responsibility in upholding US-ROK MDT (mutual defense treaty) is reflected in the investment of hard physical assets on the Korean peninsula on the part of Pacific Command of the US military. It's without a doubt in the interest of ROK to maintain and continue this presence, as it serves as a powerful reminder to N. Korea who they would be alienating - the world's sole superpower and undisputed master of military warfare.

What we are talking about is post-reunification.

If China is to de-recognize N. Korea and stand side-by-side with Korea in an alliance against a US-backed re-militarized Japanese threat, the Americans must agree to retreat to Japan. This is the simple truth.

This post has been edited by Megapower: Aug 15 2011, 09:23 PM

+Quote Post
SemperFidelis
post Aug 15 2011, 09:47 PM
Post #36

AF Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE (ElegantKoreanGentleman @ Aug 15 2011, 01:42 PM) *
As far as I'm aware there is a thriving prostitute culture that thrives under the American troops. South Koreans fail to mention this while constantly talking about comfort women. The South Korean government encourages the industry to service American troops but aside from that this thread deals with a macro issue that addresses the national charachter, long term development and direction of the Korean people. A focus on the local economy seems grossly out of place to the national charachter of this discussion especially when it seems to be advocating the American presense by an Australian soldier.

I have no opinion on the US presence in South Korea. I ask the question because I know when I and a large number of other soldiers deployed overseas, a few businesses struggle or even closed down. I was curious to how their departure would affect the business that have grown reliant on US soldiers.

+Quote Post
catman
post Aug 15 2011, 09:49 PM
Post #37

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (ElegantKoreanGentleman @ Aug 15 2011, 06:33 PM) *
What a joke. Sanctions by their very nature are aimed at the average person. The way a sanction works is to make the populace suffer so that they depose the ones in power. This is how all sanctions work. Again the only one flying against the face of standard common sense and knowledge is you and catman.

http://www.nautilus.org/publications/essay...06100Franks.pdf
If you'd like a lesson on how sanctions work read this.

Still can't provide one source on how US sanctions on luxury goods to North Korea are starving the popular. Not one source from a single NGO about how the starvation in North Korea is the resut of US scantions. Want to know why? Because there is no blockade and North Korea continues to trade with who it wants to. Including China an economic superpower. As has already been shown many times already North Korea has not been self-sufficient since the collapse of the Soviet Union. The horrific famine of the 1990's resulted soon after.

P.S - How many South Africans starved to death because of sanctions?

+Quote Post
Sharky
post Aug 15 2011, 09:52 PM
Post #38

AF Fan
Group Icon

QUOTE (fivers @ Aug 15 2011, 08:51 PM) *
lol it's obvious that the Spearman does not know about Korea otherwise he would know that Korean men visit prostitutes very casually and very often and this as opposed to other Asian countries... or else he's in denial but either way he's not Korean - probably a kr war veteran with PTSD and vivid souvenirs of his suky-fuky days back in Itaewon naughty.gif

Weren't you supposed to be a female korean adoptee whose never been to korea. You're getting confused, you sick disgusting whiteboy living in s. Korea. Those bad bad korean men, lol. Were you in the army? You sound like that mizar5 guy who was exposed in marmot hole for having a picture of youself sucking on your own d!K, you disgusting whiteboy.

+Quote Post
Megapower
post Aug 15 2011, 09:59 PM
Post #39

AF Geek
Group Icon

QUOTE (SemperFidelis)
I have no opinion on the US presence in South Korea. I ask the question because I know when I and a large number of other soldiers deployed overseas, a few businesses struggle or even closed down. I was curious to how their departure would affect the business that have grown reliant on US soldiers.

The entire Korean economy already spends too much on military defense anyways. The long term positive of reunification is less investment into military - which reallocates resources to strategic sectors that demand more human capital.

+Quote Post
hapkido1996
post Aug 15 2011, 10:10 PM
Post #40

AF Geek
Group Icon

1) US troops should leave Korea when the Korean gov't asks them to. It's up to the Korean leadership to determine when that should be. They know more details about the reality and severity of the NK threat than anyone arguing about it in this thread. And I don't mean that in support of the current leadership in particular, just in general.

2) Where you have large groups of mostly single men, you will find prostitutes nearby. Neither nationality nor race is to blame. How many rich Koreans, Japanese and Chinese go to Cambodia and Laos to prey on child prostitutes because of the stupid superstition that having sex with a virgin will give them more "stamina" or some such nonsense. American soldiers will pay for Korean prostitutes when they're in Korea, Japanese prostitutes when in Japan, and Nigerian prostitutes if they were in Nigeria. Just like any other group of soldiers from any other country. It's not a nationality, cultural or racial issue. It's just human nature.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th December 2014 - 04:47 AM