AsiaFinest Forum
Ad: 123Designing.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
a lot of Asians say L instead of R.. how come?, flied lice.. hotel loom! rorrr!
mastaping
post Sep 1 2011, 08:10 AM
Post #21

AF Pro
Group Icon

Group: Members

QUOTE (fivers @ Aug 31 2011, 04:45 AM) *
ah ic thx mastaping ^^ didn't know that either.. it's time I start learning Korean laugh.gif

@Rahul, do you speak Indian?

Yes its time! Its fun learning Korean~

QUOTE (DOUBLEMINT @ Aug 31 2011, 11:24 AM) *
Chinese can pronounce R perfectly.

Hmm i had a chinese friend he could not pronounce r so good... I know this because i always made him say hardware lol and he couldnt^^
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gkrause
post Oct 21 2011, 11:34 PM
Post #22

Group Icon

From what I know, R and L are sometimes interchanged or mispronounced as the other because of the native language, it lacks the proper pronunciation for such letters that they grew up not being able to pronounce the r correctly. though scientific studies suggest that it is sometimes because of how they are not able to position the tongue correctly due to lack of control of their tongue muscle that is still connected to how they don't really pronounce the letter R in the native language so the tongue doesn't curl up the way its suppose to be for the letter "r".

+Quote Post
GaleHarold
post Nov 4 2011, 01:50 PM
Post #23

AF Addict
Group Icon

Interesting that the Japanese seem to have it reversed...they have difficulty pronouncing the "L" sound, substituting the "R" instead.

I took a speech class in college and only then did realize I have been pronouncing my "R" with "W". eek.gif The "R" sound is not used in the Chinese language, so a lot of Chinese have difficulty pronouncing it.

BTW, I also finally learn how to pronounce the "TH" sound from that same class. beerchug.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st October 2014 - 06:14 AM