AsiaFinest Forum
Ad: 123Designing.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
why do filipinos from the philippines hate fil-ams?
Fictionicon
post Oct 22 2011, 03:21 AM
Post #1

AF Pro
Group Icon

Group: Members

im pretty sure most filipnos who talk $hit about fil-ams on the net never step foot in america and generalized everything they know about fil-ams through youtube.

there are two types of fil-ams:

1) U.S born

this is your typical fil-am, naive, Americanized, and does not have the ability to speak, read and write in Tagalog... hence you will never see them in forums talking $hit about Filipinos from the Philippines.
this group have more interest in filipino history, culture etc...etc.. and always look forward to visiting the Philippines...

2) naturalize and migrants... their the ones who talk $hit about Filipinos from the Philippines.. the one with that attitude "im in america now"

those pacific islander wannabes are only found in hawaii and ghetto areas in california who are usually migrant naturalize flips

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxubNSVEUYs...feature=related

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AnybodyKiller
post Oct 22 2011, 01:00 PM
Post #2

AF Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fictionicon @ Oct 22 2011, 04:21 AM) *
im pretty sure most filipnos who talk $hit about fil-ams on the net never step foot in america and generalized everything they know about fil-ams through youtube.

there are two types of fil-ams:

1) U.S born

this is your typical fil-am, naive, Americanized, and does not have the ability to speak, read and write in Tagalog... hence you will never see them in forums talking $hit about Filipinos from the Philippines.
this group have more interest in filipino history, culture etc...etc.. and always look forward to visiting the Philippines...

2) naturalize and migrants... their the ones who talk $hit about Filipinos from the Philippines.. the one with that attitude "im in america now"

those pacific islander wannabes are only found in hawaii and ghetto areas in california who are usually migrant naturalize flips

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxubNSVEUYs...feature=related

In Daly City there is division between 1st and 2nd generation. It's not always the case though. My best friend was born in the PI.

+Quote Post
Lakas101
post Oct 22 2011, 01:49 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Although I am naturalized myself, I do notice a lot of migrant fil-ams that act all high and mighty once they step American soil. It just reaffirms colonial-mentality, though I'm tired of hearing that term.

+Quote Post
manchuwok
post Oct 22 2011, 03:46 PM
Post #4

AF Geek
Group Icon

although i was born in the philippines i was young when we came over so i fall in the former category. my older brother and sister fall into the latter category. Im the one who loves going to the philippines and plans to eventually invest in apartments there while my brother and sister couldn't give a crap about the philippines. so yea your right

+Quote Post
nenabunena
post Oct 22 2011, 06:08 PM
Post #5

AF Geek
Group Icon

Perhaps it's when Filipinos from the Philippines encounter both foreigners & Fil-Ams spreading on the net that Filipinos are either Pacific Islander or Hispanic. It's deeply embarrassing & shocking to have to encounter such claims. Claims that not only misrepresent your people, but also really highlights the ignorance behind it.

PS. I have been to the US actually, but I only ever heard of Pacific Islander on the net 2 years ago.

+Quote Post
ocrapdm
post Oct 24 2011, 07:49 AM
Post #6

AF Guru
Group Icon

Because some Fil-Ams act very arrogant when they arrive in the Philippines. Not to mention that they get all the entertainment industry jobs.

I think....

+Quote Post
Fictionicon
post Oct 25 2011, 03:20 AM
Post #7

AF Pro
Group Icon

+Quote Post
proudpinoy18
post Nov 9 2011, 02:17 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

QUOTE (ocrapdm @ Oct 24 2011, 07:49 AM) *
Because some Fil-Ams act very arrogant when they arrive in the Philippines. Not to mention that they get all the entertainment industry jobs.

I think....

This comment has a lot of truth in it... If you still remember, one ex-pbb teen housemate whose a fil-am once said during the pilot episode "GUSTO KO DITO SA PHILIPPINES KASE KAHIT SAAN AKO PUMUNTA AKO ANG GWAPO", of course he said that with the twang of American accent... Maybe this just proves that these fil-ams being who they are think they are more superior to filipinos. (this person im referring to is half caucasian btw)

+Quote Post
AnybodyKiller
post Nov 9 2011, 03:27 AM
Post #9

AF Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE (proudpinoy18 @ Nov 9 2011, 01:17 AM) *
This comment has a lot of truth in it... If you still remember, one ex-pbb teen housemate whose a fil-am once said during the pilot episode "GUSTO KO DITO SA PHILIPPINES KASE KAHIT SAAN AKO PUMUNTA AKO ANG GWAPO", of course he said that with the twang of American accent... Maybe this just proves that these fil-ams being who they are think they are more superior to filipinos. (this person im referring to is half caucasian btw)

He probably said that because a lot of Filipino actors look like these guys.

Again multiculturalism is fine, but not glorifying it or glamorizing it.. Not when we place another peoples looks above our own, then it is poison.

Both sides think they're better from my experience.

1st Gen thinks 2nd gen are Americanized, spoiled brats, Wanna be islander/black/mexican, disgraceful.
2nd Gen thinks 1st gen are Fobby, Geeky/nerdy, Wannabe chinese/white, disgraceful.

It's a lot less like this these days than it was in school. There are less Tia Carrere types out there and more that are proud of their true heritage.

+Quote Post
manchuwok
post Nov 9 2011, 06:08 PM
Post #10

AF Geek
Group Icon

QUOTE (AnybodyKiller @ Nov 9 2011, 03:27 AM) *
He probably said that because a lot of Filipino actors look like these guys.

Again multiculturalism is fine, but not glorifying it or glamorizing it.. Not when we place another peoples looks above our own, then it is poison.

Both sides think they're better from my experience.

1st Gen thinks 2nd gen are Americanized, spoiled brats, Wanna be islander/black/mexican, disgraceful.
2nd Gen thinks 1st gen are Fobby, Geeky/nerdy, Wannabe chinese/white, disgraceful.

It's a lot less like this these days than it was in school. There are less Tia Carrere types out there and more that are proud of their true heritage.

really it depends on the racial background of the filipino. the chinese-ish filipinos in my family are all stuck up and hate blacks/mexicans/ and think you failed as a parent if you child doesnt go to a top university or get a masters degree. the brown filipinos in my family are more laid back and aren't obsessed with social stature. Its not even a fil-am thing. filipinos like ocrap are stuck up while brown filipinos are laid back

+Quote Post
AnybodyKiller
post Nov 9 2011, 06:22 PM
Post #11

AF Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE (manchuwok @ Nov 9 2011, 05:08 PM) *
really it depends on the racial background of the filipino. the chinese-ish filipinos in my family are all stuck up and hate blacks/mexicans/ and think you failed as a parent if you child doesnt go to a top university or get a masters degree. the brown filipinos in my family are more laid back and aren't obsessed with social stature. Its not even a fil-am thing. filipinos like ocrap are stuck up while brown filipinos are laid back

True, there's people like that in all races who are stuck up or hate their native heritage and think "fobs" are embarrassing.

+Quote Post
ocrapdm
post Nov 10 2011, 09:31 PM
Post #12

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE (proudpinoy18 @ Nov 9 2011, 03:17 PM) *

The entertainment industry has been glorifying Fil-Ams too much. A law must be passed regulating the number of Caucasian halfies in the industry. Seriously, these movies are polluting the minds of Pinoys and brainwashing them into thinking that they aren't good because they're not "Stateside" or "Tisoy/Tisay".

The rest of Asia, and EVEN Southeast Asia (like Thailand) already went local or Asian, but the Philippines, together with the other two Malay nations (MSIA and INDO), are still obsessed with Caucasian faces.

+Quote Post
AnybodyKiller
post Nov 10 2011, 10:54 PM
Post #13

AF Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE (ocrapdm @ Nov 10 2011, 08:31 PM) *
The entertainment industry has been glorifying Fil-Ams too much. A law must be passed regulating the number of Caucasian halfies in the industry. Seriously, these movies are polluting the minds of Pinoys and brainwashing them into thinking that they aren't good because they're not "Stateside" or "Tisoy/Tisay".

The rest of Asia, and EVEN Southeast Asia (like Thailand) already went local or Asian, but the Philippines, together with the other two Malay nations (MSIA and INDO), are still obsessed with Caucasian faces.

I don't know about a law. embarassedlaugh.gif

Just teach people the truth about themselves and their history and they will not need to glamorize/fantasize about Mestizo people.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 06:16 AM