As U.S. Looks Toward Asia, It Sees China Everywhere, From NYT
Yerroperil
post Nov 17 2011, 12:05 AM
Post #21

AF Pro
Group Icon

Group: Members

QUOTE (devils666 @ Nov 16 2011, 11:32 AM) *
This is why China sucks at soft power - they don't understand how it works. It's all about image and playing on emotion. You need to put aside past history or prejudices and look at the bigger picture. Look at America and their soft power monopoly. Look at how Obama has charmed everyone. Hollywood movies strike emotions but also subtley brainwash people.

Everyone roots for the underdog - China needs to show the world that they are truly the underdogs deserving to win.

Yeah China does suck at soft power ever seen those "history" shows on CCTV... China was great at soft power when it was technological and culturally? more advanced then surrounding countries,so basically if you don't kiss my @ss being a tributary then you get destroyed,CPP can't rely on Communism to pacify Chinese,thus they resort to nationalism and that is why there is a rise in xenophobia and superiority complex... Obama isn't charming anyone now maybe at the beginning... If you watch enough Hollywood movies it gets stale,I don't think anyone is getting brainwashed unless you count white worshipers. Part of the problem is U.S. is constantly China bashing and trying to make surrounding countries nervous of China's rise...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Boron
post Nov 17 2011, 12:09 AM
Post #22

AF Addict
Group Icon

Traditionally, China had soft power due to it being more civilized than others.
I still believe China is more civilized than the west. But the west is good at playing mind tricks (like how to tricked entire SEA to submit to them), and today they dominate the media. They've even tricked the Chinese themselves. Only few people really pay attention and notice the continuing barbarity of the west.

+Quote Post
Hugham
post Nov 17 2011, 10:28 AM
Post #23

AF Pro
Group Icon

^
I guess we need to make an international journalism meeting to talk about Western control in world wide mainstream media issue.

To rise consciousness among the world people about the danger of manipulation, lie and biased news to serve certain group of countries, and hugely violating sovereignty and freedom of a country.

I guess this will became a very popular campaign and will gain a huge support world wide.

We also need to establish an international media watch organization, to watch any attempt to control and manipulating news from the West.

+Quote Post
devils666
post Nov 17 2011, 11:13 AM
Post #24

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (Hugham @ Nov 17 2011, 11:28 AM) *
^
I guess we need to make an international journalism meeting to talk about Western control in world wide mainstream media issue.

To rise consciousness among the world people about the danger of manipulation, lie and biased news to serve certain group of countries, and hugely violating sovereignty and freedom of a country.

I guess this will became a very popular campaign and will gain a huge support world wide.

We also need to establish an international media watch organization, to watch any attempt to control and manipulating news from the West.

It's not just journalism, but also movies, TV, and music. It may sound trivial, but Hollywood is to blame for White-worshipping. You don't realize how influential Hollywood is to Washington and vice versa.

Obama is nothing more than a celebrity. He hired hollywood celebs to be part of his cabinet. I'm surprised he didn't hire Leonardo Dicaprio to be his energy advisor. It's all a show of course, but it makes stupid people emotional.

In reality, the major corporations and Elites are pulling Obama's strings.

This post has been edited by devils666: Nov 17 2011, 11:14 AM

+Quote Post
Hugham
post Nov 17 2011, 11:38 AM
Post #25

AF Pro
Group Icon

^
I guess, Hollywood is not that influential.

People just want to watch a good movie, but they hate US nationalistic part of the movie.

People are praising and admiring US high standard of living, technology and culture, but when it come to politics, like invading Iraq and bombing Libya, it's different thing.

Seeing US selfishness, many countries around the world are starting not too much depend on US-Europe and to find another alternative to achieve developed status.

+Quote Post
devils666
post Nov 17 2011, 11:47 AM
Post #26

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (Hugham @ Nov 17 2011, 12:38 PM) *
^
I guess, Hollywood is not that influential.

People just want to watch a good movie, but they hate US nationalistic part of the movie.

People are praising and admiring US high standard of living, technology and culture, but when it come to politics, like invading Iraq and bombing Libya, it's different thing.

Seeing US selfishness, many countries around the world are starting not too much depend on US-Europe and to find another alternative to achieve developed status.

Don't underestimate Hollywood.

When people see Hollywood movies and the glamorous, "free", wealthy lives of Americans, doesn't that brainwash them? When they see attractive White men and women doesn't that brainwash them? When the only movies with Asians is a White guy with an Asian woman, doesn't that brainwash them? When they see how "lovable" and "charismatic" the American characters are, doesn't that brainwash them? When they see the fake diversity and "racial harmony" in movies, doesn't that brainwash them?

+Quote Post
richasiankid
post Nov 18 2011, 01:30 AM
Post #27

AF Geek
Group Icon

QUOTE (devils666 @ Nov 17 2011, 11:47 AM) *
Don't underestimate Hollywood.

When people see Hollywood movies and the glamorous, "free", wealthy lives of Americans, doesn't that brainwash them? When they see attractive White men and women doesn't that brainwash them? When the only movies with Asians is a White guy with an Asian woman, doesn't that brainwash them? When they see how "lovable" and "charismatic" the American characters are, doesn't that brainwash them? When they see the fake diversity and "racial harmony" in movies, doesn't that brainwash them?

At the same time let's not forget many whites also wonder about Jewish Hollywood. Those rugged 1950s blonde movies of John Wayne have been sublimated to the latest Harold and Kumar in modern American zeitgeist etc.

Imagine that.

Where is America and/or what's left of it?

+Quote Post
truthfinder
post Nov 19 2011, 06:33 AM
Post #28

Group Icon

QUOTE (Hugham @ Nov 15 2011, 11:08 PM) *
We can play the same tactic as US did to SE Asia, if we want.

Actually so far China is a very kind country to the West bloc.

We have a lot of opportunities we can use, if we want to.

SE Asia has many dispute and unsolved problem, that China can use, for example:

China can team up with SE Asia to rise an issue, pressure and reclaim stolen millions of artifacts and tons of gold by Japanese during WW2. (the naughty Japanese need a hard lesson this time)

China can use TPP as an attempt by US to flooding SE Asia market with US products (Coca-cola to Windows), and make stories about unsuccessful SE Asia products in US market.

China can make story about unbalance trade between US and SE Asia, where in their report, US never include financial sector in their export-import, that hugely robbing SE Asia wealth.

China can accuse the well-known US protectionism over the agricultural product, and became a strong back up and partner to pressurize US to forcefully open US agriculture market to other third world countries. And make unrealistic US agricultural import regulation as an attempt for protectionism.

China can bold the China-SE Asia economy alliance and protectionism against US economic aggression and selfishness like those in 1997 and late 2008.

China give a military think tank, for not over heavily dependable on US. But instead to diverse their military equipments including Russia and China, to avoid heavy damage by uncertain US embargo in the future.

For some Buddhist countries, we can build a Buddhist alliance, the same with Islam in MENA and Christianity in Europe.

China can rise an issue and spread fear for over 1000 US military bases build up around the world, as a suspicious act to conquer the world under military regime.

China can spread fear over US military spending and power, to rise an issue that unchallenged and unchecked US military grown as a world biggest threat. It's should not China nor Russia alone to counter it, but the rest of the world should together counter unchecked US military.

China can rise an issue to about the bribing in journalism world by US propaganda, rise an issue about the danger of controlled journalism by foreign country, campaigning about how importance a free independent unbiased local press and build an organization to watch any foreign country attempt to sabotage and control press around the world.

China, together with many countries around the world can also build international standard free from the biased West bloc, like how the West love to increase their own goodness and give low rank to other country who seen as the enemy of the West. Like for example in the corruption index, noble peace prize, etc.

China can also self-volunteer to reveal any US attempt to manipulate and control any political party or importance politics figure in certain country.

etc.

Has someone have another ideas?

It will take decades before China's mass media is on par with the West so :

China should publish and distribute more papers (in English and other major world languages) about how bad US is on particular issues and for each of the paper published China should publish another paper highlighting what progress that China has made related to that particular issue.

I agree that China should raise the issue about how the US has so many military bases around the world; any country will always prioritize it's own so the world must wake up and realize that the same military bases can be used anytime to invade any countries in the world.

China must also raise out how Japan's economy was battered by past US pressure on Japanese Yen and that the same tactics is being applied to China.

Apply trade related pressure to US multinationals companies in China as long as US government keep pressing China on RMB issue.

I will write more when I get more ideas...

+Quote Post
Sampanviking
post Nov 20 2011, 03:41 AM
Post #29

AF Geek
Group Icon

China needs to get closer to Indonesia.

The US Deployment of troops (and no doubt covert intelligence) to Darwin has Indonesia spooked and rightly so.
Indonesia is enjoying unprecedented growth, is largely Islamic and heading towards the half billion population mark.

It is also highly vulnerable to Balkanisation by ext trouble makers.

In short Indonesia is everything that the US needs to confound the region and justify a major security presence.

+Quote Post
devils666
post Nov 20 2011, 03:51 AM
Post #30

AF Pro
Group Icon

Malaysia is keeping it real and telling the truth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFy-lIt5i1s

Much respect to Malaysia.

This post has been edited by devils666: Nov 20 2011, 03:52 AM

+Quote Post
Boron
post Nov 20 2011, 04:01 AM
Post #31

AF Addict
Group Icon

^damn that guy's good.

+Quote Post
devils666
post Nov 20 2011, 04:08 AM
Post #32

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (Boron @ Nov 20 2011, 04:01 AM) *
^damn that guy's good.

He was the PM of malaysia for many years. This guy has first-hand experience.

+Quote Post
AnybodyKiller
post Nov 21 2011, 01:41 PM
Post #33

AF Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE (devils666 @ Nov 20 2011, 03:51 AM) *
Malaysia is keeping it real and telling the truth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFy-lIt5i1s

Much respect to Malaysia.

The man is right, his platform (on the surface) seems to be in the best interest of his people. BUT he is too uncompromising and too "general" in his accusations, it will not win him much if any soft power outside of the Muslim world. It did seem to solidify his popularity with his people though.

Religions are playing the races against each other for their own benefit. "White" Judeo-Christian vs "Black" Muslim. After WWII, Many economists and experts on world politics predicted that most global conflicts would be religious but in the guise of national interest. Seems correct so far.

@richasiankid
Welcome to New Brazil. Probably a few states may splinter off as well, Hawaii?

This post has been edited by AnybodyKiller: Nov 21 2011, 01:48 PM

+Quote Post
richasiankid
post Nov 21 2011, 07:27 PM
Post #34

AF Geek
Group Icon

QUOTE (AnybodyKiller @ Nov 21 2011, 01:41 PM) *
The man is right, his platform (on the surface) seems to be in the best interest of his people. BUT he is too uncompromising and too "general" in his accusations, it will not win him much if any soft power outside of the Muslim world. It did seem to solidify his popularity with his people though.

Religions are playing the races against each other for their own benefit. "White" Judeo-Christian vs "Black" Muslim. After WWII, Many economists and experts on world politics predicted that most global conflicts would be religious but in the guise of national interest. Seems correct so far.

@richasiankid
Welcome to New Brazil. Probably a few states may splinter off as well, Hawaii?

Thanks, my point is still prevention trumps cure. America has little choice now & I agree; NE Asia (as well as many parts of the world) however still does. As I kept asking and will continue to ask, why follow a failed model?

+Quote Post
AnybodyKiller
post Nov 21 2011, 08:00 PM
Post #35

AF Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE (richasiankid @ Nov 21 2011, 07:27 PM) *
Thanks, my point is still prevention trumps cure. America has little choice now & I agree; NE Asia (as well as many parts of the world) however still does. As I kept asking and will continue to ask, why follow a failed model?

No reason to, but at the same time it means regular citizens have to do the "dirty work" minorities do.

+Quote Post
richasiankid
post Nov 21 2011, 08:41 PM
Post #36

AF Geek
Group Icon

QUOTE (AnybodyKiller @ Nov 21 2011, 08:00 PM) *
No reason to, but at the same time it means regular citizens have to do the "dirty work" minorities do.

Honestly if America has longer time-horizon this short-term price may well be worth paying. icon_smile.gif

+Quote Post
AnybodyKiller
post Nov 22 2011, 03:13 PM
Post #37

AF Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE (richasiankid @ Nov 21 2011, 08:41 PM) *
Honestly if America has longer time-horizon this short-term price may well be worth paying. icon_smile.gif

True, from the white American standpoint it would indeed be beneficial for them to "take out their own trash". However, most average white Americans are too proud to be janitors, field workers, fast food workers etc. It's ingrained in their psyche since damn near the start of the country (Irish and Italian come to mind) that these menial jobs are "immigrant jobs" and beneath them.

This post has been edited by AnybodyKiller: Nov 22 2011, 03:13 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 03:39 PM