AF Fan
Group Icon

Group: Members

According to http://www.jpopasia.com/charts/

Japan's no. 1 top hits: Meikyū Love Song - Arashi
Views on Youtube: 5,835

Korean's no. 1 top hits: Wonder Girls (원더걸스) - Be My Baby
Views on Youtube: 8,323,505

Japan is a lot richer and technologically more advance than korea, just ten years ago japan still more popular than korean, why now korean seem so much more popular than japanese? what is the reason?

This post has been edited by whiteosama: Nov 16 2011, 11:39 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
QSC
post Nov 16 2011, 04:03 PM
Post #2

AF Fan
Group Icon

QUOTE (whiteosama @ Nov 16 2011, 12:38 PM) *

Japan is a lot richer and technologically more advance than korea, just ten years ago japan still more popular than korean, why now korean seem so much more popular than japanese? what is the reason?

Hi.

There are five attractive girls parading around, sporting tight dresses, which compliments their figures singing a song on an upbeat tempo. That will attract a lot of viewers on Youtube.

I would not be surprised if many who took the time to watch the video did not realise “Please Be My Baby” is the only English spoken while everything else is Korean throughout the song.

“Meikyu Love Song” is more to wards a story line. From a choreograph perspective the video is more artistic and, caters to those who fancy creativity.

The Wonder Girls offer more of a Pop appeal and very simplistic design.

The popularity may differ if you listened to both songs using an mp3 player instead of watching a video on Youtube.

Cheers!

This post has been edited by QSC: Nov 16 2011, 04:05 PM

+Quote Post
ReginaRae
post Nov 16 2011, 06:10 PM
Post #3

AF Pro
Group Icon

Jpop videos never have as many views as Kpop videos. On the other hand, Japanese pop singers sell more albums than Kpop singers.

Anyway both of those songs are pretty bad.

+Quote Post
devils666
post Nov 16 2011, 06:51 PM
Post #4

AF Pro
Group Icon

Easy, Japan is on the decline. Korea is on the rise.

+Quote Post
Metropolitan
post Nov 16 2011, 10:15 PM
Post #5

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (devils666 @ Nov 16 2011, 06:51 PM) *
Easy, Japan is on the decline. Korea is on the rise.

You can't blame the White Man or the Jews for this 1. These guys essentially are the effeminate self made bastards that epitomizes the Asian Man. I'm surprise you seem to accept this.

+Quote Post
chiuchimu
post Nov 17 2011, 12:05 AM
Post #6

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE (whiteosama @ Nov 16 2011, 11:38 AM) *

Maybe if you typed it in Japanese you get better results:
嵐 迷宮ラブソング PV Youtube
(5,835) lol.

Also, the Arashi song is average hit, even the oricon album sales of 47563 prove that. On the other hand, this isn't a usual Wonder Girls single, it's a comeback after a long absence. It's obviously going to be a mega hit.
That's not a fair comparison. Besides the majority of Japanese watch NicoNico not Youtube.

am I saying Jpop is bigger than Kpop on Youtube? No! No! No!
Kpop is much bigger on youtube than Jpop. That's a fact. I am pointing out the ratio is often exaggerated and very bios. 5 thousand hits instead of 1 million? That's clearly misrepresentation.

Here is a Jpop example that has: 54,226,209
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkHlnWFnA0c
I'm sure the Wonder Girls will top that. But 54 million on a website that most Japanese don't go to? Jpop also has fans around the world.

+Quote Post
WoahZtong
post Nov 17 2011, 09:27 AM
Post #7

AF Addict
Group Icon

i'm waiting for the rise of c-pop lmao

hopefully china also gets democracy at that same time

+Quote Post
whiteosama
post Nov 17 2011, 11:31 AM
Post #8

AF Fan
Group Icon

QUOTE (chiuchimu @ Nov 17 2011, 12:05 AM) *
Maybe if you typed it in Japanese you get better results:
嵐 迷宮ラブソング PV Youtube
(5,835) lol.

Also, the Arashi song is average hit, even the oricon album sales of 47563 prove that. On the other hand, this isn't a usual Wonder Girls single, it's a comeback after a long absence. It's obviously going to be a mega hit.
That's not a fair comparison. Besides the majority of Japanese watch NicoNico not Youtube.

am I saying Jpop is bigger than Kpop on Youtube? No! No! No!
Kpop is much bigger on youtube than Jpop. That's a fact. I am pointing out the ratio is often exaggerated and very bios. 5 thousand hits instead of 1 million? That's clearly misrepresentation.

Here is a Jpop example that has: 54,226,209
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkHlnWFnA0c
I'm sure the Wonder Girls will top that. But 54 million on a website that most Japanese don't go to? Jpop also has fans around the world.

whoaaaa...thank you for the information, I didn't know much about J-POP or K-POP but so many times I see K-POP on the front page of youtube, this is just an eye opening, looks like they are not that far apart!
AKB48 vs Girls Generation

54,268,463 views vs 57,743,266 views

+Quote Post
samnang
post Nov 17 2011, 04:42 PM
Post #9

AF Guru
Group Icon

for the longest time, japanese music videos would immediately get pulled from youtube and other sites on copywrite grounds. no youtube = no global popularity.

jpop just hasn't made itself very accessible to the rest of the world, unlike kpop.

This post has been edited by samnang: Nov 17 2011, 04:43 PM

+Quote Post
devils666
post Nov 17 2011, 04:44 PM
Post #10

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (Metropolitan @ Nov 16 2011, 10:15 PM) *
You can't blame the White Man or the Jews for this 1. These guys essentially are the effeminate self made bastards that epitomizes the Asian Man. I'm surprise you seem to accept this.

No need to bash Japanese people. We already have enough division amongst Asians.

+Quote Post
Metropolitan
post Nov 17 2011, 08:19 PM
Post #11

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (devils666 @ Nov 17 2011, 04:44 PM) *
No need to bash Japanese people. We already have enough division amongst Asians.

There's plenty of Japanese and Korean American dudes that don't like the J-Pop or K-Pop situation. I think YourMudoIsWeak could back me up on this 1. It is a means of portrayal that doesn't serve the majority of Asians any justice. Think about it, do these guys represent you or make a mockery of you?

+Quote Post
chiuchimu
post Nov 18 2011, 10:28 PM
Post #12

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE (Metropolitan @ Nov 17 2011, 09:19 PM) *
There's plenty of Japanese and Korean American dudes that don't like the J-Pop or K-Pop situation. I think YourMudoIsWeak could back me up on this 1. It is a means of portrayal that doesn't serve the majority of Asians any justice. Think about it, do these guys represent you or make a mockery of you?

You should feel proud if the real Jpop represented you.

What you see on this site and the web is what anti-Japanese want you to see, it's not what the majority of Jpop is about. You see 12 year old girls in frilly maid out fits in music videos even though they can't sing and dance. There songs sound like video games and their voices sound like babies. That's all you ever see. What about singers like Utada Hikaru?(First Love) Her voice is as good as any American R&B singer. She is way more popular and has made way more money than all those 12 year old lolly pop Idols ever have. This lolita genre at best makes up 12~25% of Jpop(depending on the def) but it is ALL you see on web sites like AF and elsewhere.

Then theres Rock bands like Straightener
Clone

Dragon Ash
Fantasista
I'm proud to let people know this is Jrock. The rock coming out of the U.S. is getting cliche

Even pop. I think these two groups are better than most western pop bands:
Romioromen
BOC

Except for classic rock, the real Jpop is high quality talented artists. I have no problems with Jpop as an example of what great music Asia is capable of making.

+Quote Post
ReginaRae
post Nov 19 2011, 11:25 PM
Post #13

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (chiuchimu @ Nov 18 2011, 10:28 PM) *
What you see on this site and the web is what anti-Japanese want you to see, it's not what the majority of Jpop is about. You see 12 year old girls in frilly maid out fits in music videos even though they can't sing and dance. There songs sound like video games and their voices sound like babies.

Yet you have a group that is the epitome of what you just described as your signature. I guess you're anti Japanese.

By the way. Japanese pop music is good, but in my opinion not many Japanese singers, especially the males, have any character or personality to their voices. They're just kind of bland. I don't know if it's just them or that the Japanese language doesn't sound as expressive as Korean or as intriguing as Chinese.

This post has been edited by ReginaRae: Nov 19 2011, 11:39 PM

+Quote Post
samnang
post Nov 20 2011, 02:09 AM
Post #14

AF Guru
Group Icon

It's easier to do whiny vocals with English.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25OC3m5QdYY

+Quote Post
Metropolitan
post Nov 20 2011, 10:45 PM
Post #15

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (chiuchimu @ Nov 18 2011, 10:28 PM) *
You should feel proud if the real Jpop represented you.

What you see on this site and the web is what anti-Japanese want you to see, it's not what the majority of Jpop is about. You see 12 year old girls in frilly maid out fits in music videos even though they can't sing and dance. There songs sound like video games and their voices sound like babies. That's all you ever see. What about singers like Utada Hikaru?(First Love) Her voice is as good as any American R&B singer. She is way more popular and has made way more money than all those 12 year old lolly pop Idols ever have. This lolita genre at best makes up 12~25% of Jpop(depending on the def) but it is ALL you see on web sites like AF and elsewhere.

Then theres Rock bands like Straightener
Clone

Dragon Ash
Fantasista
I'm proud to let people know this is Jrock. The rock coming out of the U.S. is getting cliche

Even pop. I think these two groups are better than most western pop bands:
Romioromen
BOC

Except for classic rock, the real Jpop is high quality talented artists. I have no problems with Jpop as an example of what great music Asia is capable of making.

Okay they represent you well but how about a guy that's 6'5 1/2 and over 250lbs that is Asian and looks like he can eat rocks for a meal? Is that garbage a good representation of him? I don't think so ...

+Quote Post
desubabe
post Nov 20 2011, 10:58 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

By the way. Japanese pop music is good, but in my opinion not many Japanese singers, especially the males, have any character or personality to their voices. They're just kind of bland. I don't know if it's just them or that the Japanese language doesn't sound as expressive as Korean or as intriguing as Chinese.

you're black do you even matter

+Quote Post
chiuchimu
post Nov 21 2011, 01:58 PM
Post #17

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE (Metropolitan @ Nov 20 2011, 10:45 PM) *
Okay they represent you well but how about a guy that's 6'5 1/2 and over 250lbs that is Asian and looks like he can eat rocks for a meal? Is that garbage a good representation of him? I don't think so ...

I don't think "..guy[s] that's 6'5 1/2 and over 250lbs that is Asian and looks like he can eat rocks for a meal.." represent the average Asian guy.

QUOTE (desubabe @ Nov 20 2011, 10:58 PM) *

I try to ignore her.

This post has been edited by chiuchimu: Nov 21 2011, 02:02 PM

+Quote Post
samnang
post Nov 21 2011, 02:18 PM
Post #18

AF Guru
Group Icon

I need to discover more Japanese electronic artists. The few I've heard are soooo good.

Shinichi Osawa has been dominating my ipod lately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6BJniA54IM

+Quote Post
ReginaRae
post Nov 22 2011, 12:21 AM
Post #19

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (desubabe @ Nov 20 2011, 10:58 PM) *

Please master the English language.

QUOTE (samnang @ Nov 21 2011, 02:18 PM) *
I need to discover more Japanese electronic artists. The few I've heard are soooo good.
Shinichi Osawa has been dominating my ipod lately.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6BJniA54IM

Have you heard of Omodaka? He has some good stuff.

http://youtu.be/ozdGYpcdVJk

http://youtu.be/jVVWEU_VkuA

http://youtu.be/AdKUSztFBQ0

+Quote Post
samnang
post Nov 22 2011, 11:59 PM
Post #20

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE (ReginaRae @ Nov 22 2011, 12:21 AM) *
Have you heard of Omodaka? He has some good stuff.

I like the first few seconds, then those weird vocals kick in. They ruin what otherwise would be great songs.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd December 2014 - 01:03 AM