Reply to this topicStart new topic
When people try to interfere with your diet
starry
post Mar 2 2005, 11:39 AM
Post #1

AF Supreme
Group Icon

Group: Members

When you diet, do you ever run into people who seem to be out to sabotage it? "But you're not eating enough!" "You're not eating beef?!" "Just one bite, this cheesecake is so good!" "Why are you only having a salad?" "Diet?! You don't need to be on a diet!"

Why do people do this? Are they just out to make me fat? Do they feel guilty for pigging out so they have to try to bring me down to their level to feel better? It's so annoying! Unless it's some illegal substance, I don't see why it's anyone else's business what I do or do not put into my body. madgo.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jasel
post Mar 2 2005, 11:42 AM
Post #2

AF Supreme
Group Icon

Group: AF Forum Police

I'd say it really depends on the person's motives. Some people are just assholes. some might be concerned.

+Quote Post
jujulay
post Mar 2 2005, 01:08 PM
Post #3

AF Pro
Group Icon

del

This post has been edited by jujulay: Dec 17 2008, 09:30 AM

+Quote Post
starry
post Mar 2 2005, 01:24 PM
Post #4

AF Supreme
Group Icon

QUOTE (jujulay @ Mar 2 2005, 01:08 PM)
Then I have this over paranoid friend who freaks out whenver I don't eat at school or at her house.  I swear, in every conversation, she brings this up, "So what did you eat today?".  When it's something not much, she'll give me a speech on how much I need to eat more, that it's dangerous, etc.  So I'm thinking wow, what a control freak, it's not like I friggin weigh 70 pounds or anything.  So just get off my case, b!tch. icon_rolleyes.gif 

Omg... what a weird person, being obsessed with what you eat. How annoying. I would think that she's trying to make me fat too and would feel suffocated by that kind of attention.

I agree that it's weird that your mom objects to you dieting but doesn't when your sister does - unless your sister is really fat and you're skinny, or your sister is done growing and you're not. My mom used to tell me I'm fat when I was a teenager, but she wouldn't let me diet. I'm done growing now though so she now encourages me to diet.

You know who are the worst people to be around when you're trying to diet? Old Asian people, especially Chinese - they want young people to be kinda plump. I hate having to go to dinners with my boyfriend's extended family (Chinese) when I'm trying to diet. I realize they're trying to be nice but I wish they'd stop trying to stuff my face. madgo.gif

+Quote Post
jujulay
post Mar 2 2005, 01:44 PM
Post #5

AF Pro
Group Icon

del

This post has been edited by jujulay: Dec 17 2008, 09:28 AM

+Quote Post
Aoi_Zora
post Mar 2 2005, 01:47 PM
Post #6

AF Addict
Group Icon

embarassedlaugh.gif2

yeah, my mom loves to cook and is the reason why I have this fat on me now that is soooooo hard to work off!!! bawling.gif She made me chubby as a kid for a short period of time. Then I got really sick, lost a load of weight (but the fat was still there....) and has been on my case about being scared of getting "fat" for the longest time!!!! icon_sad.gif I just wanted to be healthier and toned and didn't want to eat meat for every meal. She used to fight with me about eating all the time. Though, once my boobies doubled in size, I became more curvy, so she's stopped bugging me about my eating habits and weight now.
I'm just surprised that my nieces and nephew are soooo skinny with her stuffing their faces all the time!

I guess my mom just really believes that beautiful means pleasantly plump, 'cause she was crazy skinny when she was young due to lack of food. icon_sad.gif

Though the last time my relatives saw me, everybody thought that I had really become a beautiful young woman. This made me feel great when I heard it........but of course then in the next sentence everyone said, "You really look so much beautiful now that you're fatter." I felt.... bawling.gif ugh...... I'm not overweight or underweight now, but my fat/body ratio is no good. I have too much fat.

This post has been edited by Aoi_Zora: Mar 2 2005, 01:51 PM

+Quote Post
mofo
post Mar 2 2005, 01:53 PM
Post #7

AF Guru
Group Icon

i could have been looking like batista by now if it wasn't for my family..they always told me that my diet was unsafe and that i was gunna be sick...my "diet" was the topic of many fights.....i gave in..i quit my diet...and i gained back like 20 lbs in a year....now i don't care what my family says...i'm gunna eat whatever i want.....

+Quote Post
AznBabyGrl
post Mar 2 2005, 07:33 PM
Post #8

AF Pro
Group Icon

Yeh I don't usually eat breakfast and lunch. I never have time for breakfast and I just don't feel like eating at lunch. A lot of my friends are like "omgosh why don't you have a lunch why don't you ever eat" haha I'm like gosh why does it matter lol. But I mean it's not like I'm ano or something, I can eat a lot lol

This post has been edited by AznBabyGrl: Mar 2 2005, 07:34 PM

+Quote Post
ill Rich
post Mar 2 2005, 10:09 PM
Post #9

AF Pro
Group Icon

yeah im on a strict diet and people try and fu-k with it

but i just think

its just ONE meal, how much could it hurt?

btw, i'm on a weight GAIN diet so its somewhat different for me

+Quote Post
PuyoPop
post Mar 3 2005, 12:56 AM
Post #10

AF Fiend
Group Icon

Group: Banned

*sigh* It's sad that noone's going to pay attention to this or listen much but I have learned that dieting is just bad and noone should ever ever do it. It's a waste of your thoughts, your feelings and your life. Even if I was medically obese I wouldn't try much to keep it off. You'll never get rid of those feelings you have now, you never don't feel hungry even well after you lost the weight, I know, I went into the lowest 3% of people my height once even though I am normally like 40%.

+Quote Post
blue_04_star
post Mar 3 2005, 03:54 AM
Post #11

AF Geek
Group Icon

Group: Banned

gonna lose weight drastically

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic