AsiaFinest Forum
Ad: 123Designing.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

127 Pages V  « < 78 79 80 81 82 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
New Theory on Angkor, Who were the last Varman kings?
LoveIsAllAround
post Feb 16 2012, 09:51 AM
Post #1581

AF Pro
Group Icon

Group: Members

QUOTE (Leeporter @ Feb 16 2012, 08:45 AM) *
OK, this is what I found to show you how Srivijaya linked to Siam.
I don't have access to the English version, but this is the one in Thai language.

“พ.ศ. 1504 พระเจ้าแผ่นดินประเทศสัน-โฟ-ชิ ทรงพระนามว่า เช-ลี-วู-เย ส่งคณะทูตคุมเครื่องราชบรรณาการไปยังราชสำนักจีน คณะทูตกราบทูลรายงานว่า ประเทศสัน-โฟ-ชิ ของพวกเขานั้น เวลานี้มีชื่อเรียกว่าเสียน-หลัว-กวั่ว..”

My translation:

"In 961 A.D. (Sung Dynasty), the king of San-fo-chi (Srivijaya) named "Se-li-fu-ye" sent his envoy and tribute to China. The envoy told the emperror that San-fo-chi then was called "Xian-Lou-Kok"

I hope you don't tell me "Xian-Lou-Kok" is Malay, ok? embarassedlaugh.gif

I don't know whether they were Mon or Tai or what, but they sure called themselves "Xian-Lou"

And that was 961 A.D.!
Sukhothai history started 1240.
Think about it. icon_smile.gif

That's right. This region, Central + Southern Thailand are Siam or Xian by Chinese. Like I said before we can simply say Siamese for any Tai, Mon etc who populated in Siam. bravo~~

Have to go to bed now, c ya!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
KhmerBoi
post Feb 16 2012, 09:54 AM
Post #1582

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (LoveIsAllAround @ Feb 16 2012, 04:00 PM) *
What proof makes you are so confident say that Chenla rulers were Khmer ethnic?

Because it was clear that Chenla Ruler was related to Funan Ruler they are the same family! IF you don''t know this u missed a big part of history.. and I have already proof that Jayavarman II was actually is from the same family of Water Chenla and Land Chenla.. and I think you already know that he come from Lavo which another Khmer City! ^^

+Quote Post
chadwarden
post Feb 16 2012, 10:05 AM
Post #1583

AF Geek
Group Icon

QUOTE (LoveIsAllAround @ Feb 16 2012, 10:38 PM) *
ZDG said, slaves in Chenla were Chong (one of Khmer Lue). These slaves were Khmer. AA tribal people were captured to be labors in cities. I think 'Khmer' is a new name that gave to these tamed 'Khmer Lue'. So, 'Khmer' didn't exist as an ethnic. Your 'Khmer Kandal' is actually 'Khmer Lue' the AA tribals plus Cham tribals who were tamed/indianized to be city people (not tribal anymore). Khmer is just ancient (and modern) nationality.

Added: Khmer identity first appeared on stone inscription, dated around 1050 AD. 200 years after Angkor (Kambujadesa) was created.

Siamese is the name of people who populate Siam (central+southern Thailand). Old Chinese called this area as Xian. They are multi-ethnic people (same as Khmer and Cham). Their lingua franca changed by the most powered ethnic in Siam. Angkorean called them Syam. Malay called them Siyae. Mon of Burma call them Sem. Lawa called them Sem. You can't just deny the existance of Siam/Siamese. Chinese recorded that Siam were Xian kok and Lorhu kok. Both sent envoys to China, later both merged to become one Xianlor (Siam). Angkorean carved picture of Syam kuk on Angkor wall, this happens before 1300. Didn't you say Tai didn't came to SEA before 1300. Khmers were slaves of Angkorean, so you changed Syam to Siem, and think Siem is only Tai becos they speak Thai. Didn't you read SEAhistory explain how Cham are mixed of Malay from Boneo and Khmers. Are they Khmer? Are they Boneo Malay? Or, Are they still Cham? LOL I doubt that Khmer might be mixed people of Cham and Khmer (Indianized AA tribals) in Angkor, they mixed and caused the change in their language, create their new counting system, which based on five. And they still call Khmer, even being mutts of AA tribals and Cham Austronesians.

the angkorians made just a couple or maybe only one carving of a people called Siam. If angkorians are siam then why would they only put themselves on a carving just one time and not mention themselves other times. Siam was created by Khmer Angkor meaning dark people.

all your analysis is basically false because the chinese that visited funan surely made note that the funanese were a dark skinned group. so it just so happens the chinese didnt document that the leader (usually the most important part of a people)of the funanese was a tai speaker or a "yue" as the chinese grouped tai speakers in the old days. is that just another excuse or how can you explain how the chinese scholars missed that?chinese understood the difference between YUE and 僕 Pu which the mon khmer people are called by the chinese.

sadly the khmer empire used many khmer ler because they felt superior over them with their indianized and buddhist cultures. which was obviously stupid because they just used their own race for manual labor.

+Quote Post
chadwarden
post Feb 16 2012, 10:12 AM
Post #1584

AF Geek
Group Icon

QUOTE (LoveIsAllAround @ Feb 16 2012, 10:38 PM) *
ZDG said, slaves in Chenla were Chong (one of Khmer Lue). These slaves were Khmer. AA tribal people were captured to be labors in cities. I think 'Khmer' is a new name that gave to these tamed 'Khmer Lue'. So, 'Khmer' didn't exist as an ethnic. Your 'Khmer Kandal' is actually 'Khmer Lue' the AA tribals plus Cham tribals who were tamed/indianized to be city people (not tribal anymore). Khmer is just ancient (and modern) nationality.

Added: Khmer identity first appeared on stone inscription, dated around 1050 AD. 200 years after Angkor (Kambujadesa) was created.

Siamese is the name of people who populate Siam (central+southern Thailand). Old Chinese called this area as Xian. They are multi-ethnic people (same as Khmer and Cham). Their lingua franca changed by the most powered ethnic in Siam. Angkorean called them Syam. Malay called them Siyae. Mon of Burma call them Sem. Lawa called them Sem. You can't just deny the existance of Siam/Siamese. Chinese recorded that Siam were Xian kok and Lorhu kok. Both sent envoys to China, later both merged to become one Xianlor (Siam). Angkorean carved picture of Syam kuk on Angkor wall, this happened before 1300. Didn't you say Tai didn't came to SEA before 1300. Khmers were slaves of Angkorean, so you changed Syam to Siem, and think Siem is only Tai becos they speak Thai. Didn't you read SEAhistory explain how Cham are mixed of Malay from Boneo and Khmers. Are they Khmer? Are they Boneo Malay? Or, Are they still Cham? LOL I doubt that Khmer might be mixed people of Cham and Khmer (Indianized AA tribals) in Angkor, they mixed and caused the change in their language, create their new counting system, which based on five. And they still call Khmer, even being mutts of AA tribals and Cham Austronesians.

what are you talking about the base 5 counting system is the same for most of the mon khmer speakers.

+Quote Post
PeaceMan
post Feb 16 2012, 11:20 AM
Post #1585

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE (chadwarden @ Feb 16 2012, 11:05 AM) *
the angkorians made just a couple or maybe only one carving of a people called Siam. If angkorians are siam then why would they only put themselves on a carving just one time and not mention themselves other times. Siam was created by Khmer Angkor meaning dark people.

all your analysis is basically false because the chinese that visited funan surely made note that the funanese were a dark skinned group. so it just so happens the chinese didnt document that the leader (usually the most important part of a people)of the funanese was a tai speaker or a "yue" as the chinese grouped tai speakers in the old days. is that just another excuse or how can you explain how the chinese scholars missed that?chinese understood the difference between YUE and 僕 Pu which the mon khmer people are called by the chinese.

sadly the khmer empire used many khmer ler because they felt superior over them with their indianized and buddhist cultures. which was obviously stupid because they just used their own race for manual labor.

Sien/Siem/Siam from Chinese and Vietnamese's records referred to "Suphanburi" and its subjects..."Suphanburi" AKA "Suphanabhumi" later absorbed by Lavo(Lavapura of ancient Dvaravati) and became "Sri Ayuttaya"...

Since it came from "SuphannaBhumi" meaning "golden land" ... Siamese meaning "people of golden land" not "dark people" as you wish it to be...You want people to treat you right, then learn to respect others' identity, as well....

+Quote Post
SEAhistory
post Feb 16 2012, 01:21 PM
Post #1586

AF Fiend
Group Icon

QUOTE (Leeporter @ Feb 16 2012, 06:07 AM) *
OK, SEAhistory.

Where did you take that story from? Show me the source of this part of history when you had Srivijaya in the 1st century. ??? I never heard of it.

The earliest history of Funan was Hun Tian and it started around 150 A.D. Sri Vijaya didn't existed until 670 A.D.

Where did you get that story from?

Read the Chinese chronicles, you nibwit. You are reliang so much on your Chinese historians dont you? And you don't know this story? Shame on you!

+Quote Post
SEAhistory
post Feb 16 2012, 01:25 PM
Post #1587

AF Fiend
Group Icon

QUOTE (KhmerBoi @ Feb 16 2012, 09:54 AM) *
Because it was clear that Chenla Ruler was related to Funan Ruler they are the same family! IF you don''t know this u missed a big part of history.. and I have already proof that Jayavarman II was actually is from the same family of Water Chenla and Land Chenla.. and I think you already know that he come from Lavo which another Khmer City! ^^

Well, I believe he came from Chvea. There are many inscriptions talking about soujourns by Cham princes to Agkor (before 780 AD), So Jayavrman II was also on soujourn in Champa.

+Quote Post
SEAhistory
post Feb 16 2012, 01:27 PM
Post #1588

AF Fiend
Group Icon

QUOTE (chadwarden @ Feb 16 2012, 10:12 AM) *
what are you talking about the base 5 counting system is the same for most of the mon khmer speakers.

Yeah, and what they keep forgetting to tell is that the counting in Cambodia is biquinary, as like it was in Angkor. Only in Angkor they have base 10 en base 20 and in Kampuchea they have base 5 and base 20. So another unlegit piece of evidence.

+Quote Post
SEAhistory
post Feb 16 2012, 01:30 PM
Post #1589

AF Fiend
Group Icon

QUOTE (Leeporter @ Feb 16 2012, 07:12 AM) *
"The promotion of friendly ties with China’s emperors through trade relations, but primarily through tribute, had long been pursued by the kings of Siam. Some academics cite evidence of a Sukhothai king’s trip to China, to bring the technology for producing glazed ceramic ware known as sangkhalok back to Sukhothai. However, academics of later periods believe that it was the kings from Suphannaphum who were more likely to have traveled to China."

"Since the Sukhothai period and beyond, through the Ayutthaya and Rattanakosin periods, the monarchs of Thailand have adopted Buddhism as the foundation of their administrative principles, keeping the Kingdom strong and peaceful. In this way has Buddhism prospered in the land of the Thais up to the present time. The traditional royal connections between kingdoms have thus been made through Buddhism. King Ramkhamhaeng the Great of Sukhothai, for example, invited learned senior monks from Nakhon Si Thammarat, a major center of Theravada Buddhism established by monks from Sri Lanka, to his court, in addition to establishing direct links with the city of Pan in Burma and with Sri Lanka. A senior monk of Sukhothai, the Venerable Sisattha Ratchachulamani, made a pilgrimage to Sri Lanka himself."

I hope you don't say that they walked to China and Sri Lanka. embarassedlaugh.gif

Do you think they used their own boats? No, lol, Mon people cant build ships. Show me an image from Mon people in history that involves a ship please??

+Quote Post
SEAhistory
post Feb 16 2012, 01:35 PM
Post #1590

AF Fiend
Group Icon

QUOTE (Leeporter @ Feb 16 2012, 07:45 AM) *
OK, this is what I found to show you how Srivijaya linked to Siam.
I don't have access to the English version, but this is the one in Thai language.

“พ.ศ. 1504 พระเจ้าแผ่นดินประเทศสัน-โฟ-ชิ ทรงพระนามว่า เช-ลี-วู-เย ส่งคณะทูตคุมเครื่องราชบรรณาการไปยังราชสำนักจีน คณะทูตกราบทูลรายงานว่า ประเทศสัน-โฟ-ชิ ของพวกเขานั้น เวลานี้มีชื่อเรียกว่าเสียน-หลัว-กวั่ว..”

My translation:

"In 961 A.D. (Sung Dynasty), the king of San-fo-chi (Srivijaya) named "Se-li-fu-ye" sent his envoy and tribute to China. The envoy told the emperror that San-fo-chi then was called "Xian-Lou-Kok"

I hope you don't tell me "Xian-Lou-Kok" is Malay, ok? embarassedlaugh.gif

I don't know whether they were Mon or Tai or what, but they sure called themselves "Xian-Lou"

And that was 961 A.D.!
Sukhothai history started 1240.
Think about it. icon_smile.gif

According to the Kedukan Bukit Inscription, dated 605 Saka (683 AD), the empire of Srivijaya was founded by Dapunta Hyang Çri Yacanaca (Dapunta Hyang Sri Jayanasa). He led 20,000 troops (mainly by land plus a few hundred ships) from Minanga Tamwan to Jambi and Palembang.

According to the Kota Kapur Inscription, discovered on Bangka Island, the empire conquered most of Southern Sumatra and neighboring island of Bangka, as far as Lampung. Also according to this inscription, Jayanasa launched a military campaign against Bhumi Java in late 7th century, a period which coincides with the decline of Tarumanagara in West Java and Holing (Kalingga) in Central Java. The empire thus grew to control the trade on the Strait of Malacca, Sunda Strait, the South China Sea, the Java Sea, and Karimata Strait.

During the same century, Langkasuka on the Malay Peninsula became part of Srivijaya.[18] Soon after this, Pan Pan and Trambralinga, which were located north of Langkasuka, came under Srivijayan influence. These kingdoms on the peninsula were major trading nations that transported goods across the peninsula's isthmus.

The area of Chaiya, in Surat Thani Province, Thailand, was already inhabited in prehistoric times by Semang and Malayan tribes. Founded in the 3rd century, the Srivijaya kingdom dominated the Malay Peninsula and much of the island of Java from there until the 13th century. The city of Chaiya's name may be derived from its original Malay name "Cahaya" (meaning 'light', 'gleam' or 'glow').

At some point in the 7th century, Cham ports in eastern Indochina started to attract traders. This diverted the flow of trade from Srivijaya. In an effort to divert the flow, the Srivijayan king or maharaja, Dharmasetu, launched various raids against the coastal cities of Indochina. The city of Indrapura by the Mekong River was temporarily controlled from Palembang in the early 8th century.[17] The Srivijayans continued to dominate areas around present-day Cambodia until the Khmer King Jayavarman II, the founder of the Khmer Empire dynasty, severed the Srivijayan link later in the same century.

+Quote Post
SEAhistory
post Feb 16 2012, 01:51 PM
Post #1591

AF Fiend
Group Icon

So, now we know Langkasuka was taken in 7th century, and the Chinese speak of the original inhabitants taking Chi Tu, and Chi Tu ended in 7th century, we can conlude that Sri Vijaya were the originial habitants tak regained control in 7th century.

Now, what the Chinese tell me about Chi Tu, that the Kit Mow came from SOuthern-Cambodia and founded Chi Tu, I am only wondering what else they took. Maybe Pan Pan? Or Pnomh (Khmer name)? Maybe the whole area of Malay Peninsular was already in hands of the "Kit Mow", which forced Srivijayan to south and later reconquerr land with led to Water-Chenla.

Now, also the Po Nagar inscription from the Cham that speaks about regaining control and fleeing away the dark-skinned pirates, we can conclude that Srivijaya tried to regain control over Angkor and Champa, but Cham and Angkor fought of the Srivijayan, which powerbase was in Malaysia.So, if the attack on Champa and Angkor was by SriVijaya, it is not unlikely that the Chams and Khmers fought of the SriVijayan together. Which makes the soujourn of Jayavarman II in Champa more likely, just as the Cham princes did in Angkor before 780 AD. And we have many evidence that Angkor and Champa went to battle together before (like raiding Vietnam).

It was also in 8th century that Water-Chenla was taken, and we saw beofre that first Jambi was taken in 680 AD, then Langkasuka, then Tambralinga, then Pan Pan. So the raids of Srivijaya went from south to north. But also to south in Indonesean territory.

South to north again, must sound familliar!

This post has been edited by SEAhistory: Feb 16 2012, 02:29 PM

+Quote Post
SEAhistory
post Feb 16 2012, 02:03 PM
Post #1592

AF Fiend
Group Icon

Can someone please tell me how Mon language disappeared in Srivijaya and Malay was taken as Lingua Franca. The Mon still had to have contact with their Mon people up north, so why did their language magically disappeared and is there no sign of Mon language anywhere in the area??

+Quote Post
SEAhistory
post Feb 16 2012, 05:18 PM
Post #1593

AF Fiend
Group Icon

QUOTE (LoveIsAllAround @ Feb 16 2012, 09:51 AM) *
That's right. This region, Central + Southern Thailand are Siam or Xian by Chinese. Like I said before we can simply say Siamese for any Tai, Mon etc who populated in Siam. bravo~~

Have to go to bed now, c ya!

Xian-lou-kok:

Xian (Chinese: 仙/仚/僊; pinyin: xiān; Wade–Giles: hsien) is a Chinese word for an enlightened person, translatable in English as:

"spiritually immortal; transcendent; super-human; celestial being" (in Daoist/Taoist philosophy and cosmology)
"physically immortal; immortal person; immortalist; saint" (in Daoist religion and pantheon)
"alchemist; one who seeks the elixir of life; one who practices longevity techniques" or by extension "(alchemical, dietary, qigong) methods for attaining immortality" (in Chinese alchemy)
"wizard; magician; shaman" (in Chinese mythology)
"genie; elf, fairy; nymph" (in popular Chinese literature, 仙境 xian jing is "fairyland", Faerie)
"sage living high in the mountains; mountain-man; hermit; recluse" (folk etymology for the character 仙)
"immortal (talent); accomplished person; celestial (beauty); marvelous; extraordinary" (metaphorical modifier)
Xian semantically developed from meaning spiritual "immortality; enlightenment", to physical "immortality; longevity" involving methods such as alchemy, breath meditation, and T'ai chi ch'uan, and eventually to legendary and figurative "immortality".

According to the Digital Dictionary of Buddhism, Chinese xian (仙) can mean Sanskrit ṛṣi (rishi "inspired sage in the Vedas").

Lou-Kok:

Old Chinese name used for an Island. For instance: Chu Lou-Kok.

So the Sanskrit name would be something like: śaiva paṁtha mahaalay

This post has been edited by SEAhistory: Feb 16 2012, 05:34 PM

+Quote Post
SabaiSabai
post Feb 16 2012, 05:57 PM
Post #1594

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (LoveIsAllAround @ Feb 15 2012, 08:56 AM) *
so, your race is under an ethnic? embarassedlaugh.gif

Siamese is Austro-Tai. Austro part is Syamese. Syamese is closer to Mon race or might be Mon themselves.

What these idiots don't realise is

Chap Bon = nyah kur = Mon dvaravati

What Khmer? Lol they also think Tai is Thai lol idiot is too lazy to go back and read that we have covered many times Thai is Mon+Tai

Anyway, austroasiatics originated in the middle east icon_smile.gif Khmers are indigenous to SEA? What a joke lol

+Quote Post
SabaiSabai
post Feb 16 2012, 05:59 PM
Post #1595

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (SEAhistory @ Feb 16 2012, 10:18 PM) *
Xian-lou-kok:

Xian (Chinese: 仙/仚/僊; pinyin: xiān; Wade–Giles: hsien) is a Chinese word for an enlightened person, translatable in English as:

"spiritually immortal; transcendent; super-human; celestial being" (in Daoist/Taoist philosophy and cosmology)
"physically immortal; immortal person; immortalist; saint" (in Daoist religion and pantheon)
"alchemist; one who seeks the elixir of life; one who practices longevity techniques" or by extension "(alchemical, dietary, qigong) methods for attaining immortality" (in Chinese alchemy)
"wizard; magician; shaman" (in Chinese mythology)
"genie; elf, fairy; nymph" (in popular Chinese literature, 仙境 xian jing is "fairyland", Faerie)
"sage living high in the mountains; mountain-man; hermit; recluse" (folk etymology for the character 仙)
"immortal (talent); accomplished person; celestial (beauty); marvelous; extraordinary" (metaphorical modifier)
Xian semantically developed from meaning spiritual "immortality; enlightenment", to physical "immortality; longevity" involving methods such as alchemy, breath meditation, and T'ai chi ch'uan, and eventually to legendary and figurative "immortality".

According to the Digital Dictionary of Buddhism, Chinese xian (仙) can mean Sanskrit ṛṣi (rishi "inspired sage in the Vedas").

Lou-Kok:

Old Chinese name used for an Island. For instance: Chu Lou-Kok.

So the Sanskrit name would be something like: śaiva paṁtha mahaalay

Don't be stupid. There is plenty of Chinese records that refers directly to Siam as Xian

+Quote Post
SabaiSabai
post Feb 16 2012, 06:04 PM
Post #1596

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (SEAhistory @ Feb 16 2012, 07:03 PM) *
Can someone please tell me how Mon language disappeared in Srivijaya and Malay was taken as Lingua Franca. The Mon still had to have contact with their Mon people up north, so why did their language magically disappeared and is there no sign of Mon language anywhere in the area??

You do realise there were Mon kingdoms right next to Srivijaya right? Tun Sun aka Tenesarim. It's on the Malay peninsular.

+Quote Post
SEAhistory
post Feb 16 2012, 06:15 PM
Post #1597

AF Fiend
Group Icon

QUOTE (SabaiSabai @ Feb 16 2012, 05:59 PM) *
Don't be stupid. There is plenty of Chinese records that refers directly to Siam as Xian

But Lou-Kok is certainly the word for island. So think about that.

+Quote Post
SEAhistory
post Feb 16 2012, 06:18 PM
Post #1598

AF Fiend
Group Icon

QUOTE (SabaiSabai @ Feb 16 2012, 05:57 PM) *
What these idiots don't realise is

Chap Bon = nyah kur = Mon dvaravati

What Khmer? Lol they also think Tai is Thai lol idiot is too lazy to go back and read that we have covered many times Thai is Mon+Tai

Anyway, austroasiatics originated in the middle east icon_smile.gif Khmers are indigenous to SEA? What a joke lol

What these idiots don't realze: you have Choa Bon, Mon and in the east the darker skinned Khmers, which are responsible for Funan, Chenla and Kamboja.

So only africans that live in Africa are indeginous?? According to your logic, hahaha

+Quote Post
SEAhistory
post Feb 16 2012, 06:20 PM
Post #1599

AF Fiend
Group Icon

QUOTE (SabaiSabai @ Feb 16 2012, 06:04 PM) *
You do realise there were Mon kingdoms right next to Srivijaya right? Tun Sun aka Tenesarim. It's on the Malay peninsular.

Yeah, I realize that. The Mon whoe were ruled by Khmers and Malays. Wasn't Tun Sun conquerred by Funan? Must have been the Kit Mow, the Kit Mow are awesome!

Tell me, Whom are Kit Mow that came from South-Cambodia and conquerred the land Chi Tu from the original inhabitants?

This post has been edited by SEAhistory: Feb 16 2012, 06:30 PM

+Quote Post
SEAhistory
post Feb 16 2012, 06:32 PM
Post #1600

AF Fiend
Group Icon

Kit Mow power! beerchug.gif

+Quote Post