Reply to this topicStart new topic
Bay area sports talk show host uses the chinese slur
hupehdesi
post Feb 20 2012, 06:42 PM
Post #1

AF Geek
Group Icon

Group: Members

I was listening to KNBR 680 in the bay area this afternoon and bald albino tom tolbert used the 'chinese in the armor' slur and proudly stating that hes said it hundreds of times, this guys a typical anti asian southern californian from orange county,one time he was making fun of kenyon martins, (power forward that just got traded from the denver nuggets) 'yellow boy' tatoo and implying that he should have got a tatoo more appropraite for his enforcer image,hes also used chinaman to refer to chinese people, i am calling the radio station later to complain about this dude and hope you guys reading this do the same.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CRYPT
post Feb 20 2012, 06:55 PM
Post #2

AF Geek
Group Icon

QUOTE (hupehdesi @ Feb 20 2012, 06:42 PM) *
I was listening to KNBR 680 in the bay area this afternoon and bald albino tom tolbert used the 'chinese in the armor' slur and proudly stating that hes said it hundreds of times, this guys a typical anti asian southern californian from orange county,one time he was making fun of kenyon martins, (power forward that just got traded from the denver nuggets) 'yellow boy' tatoo and implying that he should have got a tatoo more appropraite for his enforcer image,hes also used chinaman to refer to chinese people, i am calling the radio station later to complain about this dude and hope you guys reading this do the same.

What is with the hate on Chinese so much now? First Harry Lew, then Danny Chen, then the racist ads on China, now $hit with Jeremy Lin.

+Quote Post
Ilikeasians
post Feb 20 2012, 09:48 PM
Post #3

AF Geek
Group Icon

The hate was meant for mainland Chinese but if you're an Asian living in the West you'll be the first to feel it. Personally, Chinese people are not as vocal as we Vietnamese--just a cultural thing. I think overseas Chinese should make an attempt to befriend other Asian groups. Given the views of many Chinese on this board, it makes me think twice of backing any Chinese person in distress.

QUOTE (CRYPT @ Feb 20 2012, 07:55 PM) *
What is with the hate on Chinese so much now? First Harry Lew, then Danny Chen, then the racist ads on China, now $hit with Jeremy Lin.

+Quote Post
CRYPT
post Feb 21 2012, 01:05 PM
Post #4

AF Geek
Group Icon

QUOTE (Ilikeasians @ Feb 20 2012, 09:48 PM) *
The hate was meant for mainland Chinese but if you're an Asian living in the West you'll be the first to feel it. Personally, Chinese people are not as vocal as we Vietnamese--just a cultural thing. I think overseas Chinese should make an attempt to befriend other Asian groups. Given the views of many Chinese on this board, it makes me think twice of backing any Chinese person in distress.

Chinese cannot afford to be vocal. America hates China and Chinese.

Vietnamese have never helped Chinese and we do not expect them to. Vietnamese are always in Chinese gangs stirring up trouble. You even went on C-Chat just to stir up hate against Chinese.

+Quote Post
AsiaticGlory
post Feb 21 2012, 02:43 PM
Post #5

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (Ilikeasians @ Feb 20 2012, 08:48 PM) *

Many of the Chinese on this board are from China. That is why they don't care about pan-Asian views. Chinese Americans should befriend other Asian ethnic groups though.

+Quote Post
faydabakery
post Feb 21 2012, 10:20 PM
Post #6

AF Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE (CRYPT @ Feb 21 2012, 01:05 PM) *
Chinese cannot afford to be vocal. America hates China and Chinese.

Vietnamese have never helped Chinese and we do not expect them to. Vietnamese are always in Chinese gangs stirring up trouble. You even went on C-Chat just to stir up hate against Chinese.

This is like saying all Chinese hate Americans. It's just an ignorant statement.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 02:40 PM