Tibetan and Chinese history
devils666
post Feb 22 2012, 02:01 PM
Post #1

AF Pro
Group Icon

Group: Members

Early history

According to a Tibetan legendary tradition, the text of Kāraṇḍavyūhasūtra arrived in a casket from the sky unto the roof of the palace of the 28th king of Tibet, Lha Thothori Nyantsen who died in 650 A.D., in southern Tibet.[28]

While there is a level of doubt about the level of interest in Buddhism of king Songtsän Gampo (who died in 650) it is known that he married a Chinese Tang Dynasty Buddhist princess, Wencheng, who came to Tibet with a statue of Shakyamuni Buddha. It is however clear from Tibetan sources that some of his successors became ardent Buddhists. The records show that Chinese Buddhists were actively involved in missionary activity in Tibet, they did not have the same level of imperial support as Indian Buddhists, with tantric lineages from Bihar and Bengal.[29]

According to a Tibetan legendary tradition, Songtsän Gampo also married a Nepalese Buddhist princess, Bhrikuti. By the second half of the 8th century he was already regarded as an embodiment of the bodhisattva Avalokiteśvara.[30]

The successors of Songtsän Gampo were less enthusiastic about the propagation of Buddhism but in the 8th century, King Trisong Detsen (755-797) established it as the official religion of the state.[31] He invited Indian Buddhist scholars to his court. In his age the famous tantric mystic Padmasambhāva arrived in Tibet according to the Tibetan tradition. In addition to writing a number of important scriptures, some of which he hid for future tertons to find, Padmasambhāva, along with Śāntarakṣita, established the Nyingma school.

The outlines of the history of Buddhism in Tibet from this time are well-known.[32] At this early time also, from the south came the influence of scholars under the Pāla dynasty in the Indian state of Magadha. They had achieved a blend of Mahāyāna and Vajrayāna that has come to characterize all forms of Tibetan Buddhism. Their teaching in sutra centered on the Abhisamayālankāra, a 4th century Yogācārin text, but prominent among them were the Mādhyamika scholars Śāntarakṣita and Kamalaśīla.

A third influence was that of the Sarvāstivādins from Kashmir in the south west[33] and Khotan in the north west.[34] Although they did not succeed in maintaining a presence in Tibet, their texts found their way into the Tibetan Buddhist canon, providing the Tibetans with almost all of their primary sources about the Foundation Vehicle. A subsect of this school, Mūlasarvāstivāda was the source of the Tibetan vinaya.[35]

The Chinese princess Jincheng (Kon-co) and the Khotanese monks

The Chinese princess Jincheng Gongzhu (?-739), Zongli, the "real daughter" of the king of Yong, and an adoptive daughter of Emperor Zhongzong of Tang (r. 705-710),[36] was sent to Tibet in 710 where, according to most sources, she married Mes-ag-tshoms, who would have been only six or seven years old at the time.[37] She was known in Tibet as Gyim shang Ong co, or, simply, Kim-sheng or Kong-co, and was a devout Buddhist.

Five Buddhist temples were built at: 'Ching bu nam ra, Kwa chu in Brag dmar, 'Gran bzang, 'Khar brag and sMas gong.[38]

Buddhist monks from Khotan (Li), fleeing the persecutions of an anti-Buddhist king, were given refuge by Kim-sheng about 737. The story of these Khotanese monks is recorded the Li yul lung-btsan-pa or 'Prophecy of the Li Country', a Buddhist history of Khotan which has been preserved as part of the Tibetan Tanjur.

Kim-sheng died during an outbreak of smallpox sometime between 739 and 741. The rise of anti-Buddhist factions in Tibet following the death of the Chinese princess began to blame the epidemic on the support of Buddhism by the king and queen.[39] This forced the monks to flee once again; first to Gandhara, and then to Kosambi in central India where the monks, apparently ended up quarrelling and slaughtering each other.[40]

A fourth influence from China in the east came in the form of Chan Buddhism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tibetan_Buddhism#Early_history

This post has been edited by devils666: Feb 22 2012, 02:02 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Copenhagen
post Feb 22 2012, 02:05 PM
Post #2

AF Fan
Group Icon

Tibet is no angel.

+Quote Post
CRYPT
post Feb 22 2012, 02:06 PM
Post #3

AF Geek
Group Icon

Copenhagen, why would you reply to your own thread?

+Quote Post
devils666
post Feb 22 2012, 02:10 PM
Post #4

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (CRYPT @ Feb 22 2012, 02:06 PM) *

LOL I'm NOT copenhagen. He's just obsessed with me. I'm actually pretty creeped out.

+Quote Post
Copenhagen
post Feb 22 2012, 02:20 PM
Post #5

AF Fan
Group Icon

QUOTE (CRYPT @ Feb 22 2012, 02:06 PM) *

I'm not devils666. ROFL you need to stop talking me Crypt.

+Quote Post
devils666
post Feb 22 2012, 02:26 PM
Post #6

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (Copenhagen @ Feb 22 2012, 03:20 PM) *
I'm not devils666. ROFL you need to stop talking me Crypt.

Actually CRYPT may be doublemint or yellowperil because he managed to find a bunch of old posts I made about my ethnicity. How would he know? He joined less than a week ago? unless this is his other account.

+Quote Post
CRYPT
post Feb 22 2012, 02:27 PM
Post #7

AF Geek
Group Icon

QUOTE (devils666 @ Feb 22 2012, 02:26 PM) *
Actually CRYPT may be doublemint or yellowperil because he managed to find a bunch of old posts I made about my ethnicity. How would he know? He joined less than a week ago? unless this is his other account.

I am not Doublemint or Yerroperil. I am an old member.

Devils666= Copenhagen

This post has been edited by CRYPT: Feb 22 2012, 02:28 PM

+Quote Post
devils666
post Feb 22 2012, 02:28 PM
Post #8

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (CRYPT @ Feb 22 2012, 03:27 PM) *
I am not Doublemint or Yerroperil. I am an old member.

Did you get banned or something?

+Quote Post
CRYPT
post Feb 22 2012, 02:29 PM
Post #9

AF Geek
Group Icon

QUOTE (devils666 @ Feb 22 2012, 02:28 PM) *
Did you get banned or something?

Yes.

+Quote Post
Copenhagen
post Feb 22 2012, 02:30 PM
Post #10

AF Fan
Group Icon

QUOTE (CRYPT @ Feb 22 2012, 02:29 PM) *
Yes.

You are that troll yerroperil LOL

+Quote Post
devils666
post Feb 22 2012, 02:31 PM
Post #11

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (CRYPT @ Feb 22 2012, 02:29 PM) *
Yes.

LOL? why? was it by Han2 or someone else? Han2 is actually a pretty good mod - lately he hasn't been doing his job...

+Quote Post
CRYPT
post Feb 22 2012, 02:31 PM
Post #12

AF Geek
Group Icon

QUOTE (Copenhagen @ Feb 22 2012, 02:30 PM) *
You are that troll yerroperil LOL

No.

QUOTE (devils666 @ Feb 22 2012, 02:31 PM) *
LOL? why? was it by Han2 or someone else? Han2 is actually a pretty good mod - lately he hasn't been doing his job...

I'll keep you guessing. Han2 likes to ban Chinese posters exclusively.

This post has been edited by CRYPT: Feb 22 2012, 02:33 PM

+Quote Post
Copenhagen
post Feb 22 2012, 02:34 PM
Post #13

AF Fan
Group Icon

QUOTE (CRYPT @ Feb 22 2012, 02:31 PM) *
No.

LOL han2 sometimes doesn't do his job well...

you are that troll freezingpoint.

+Quote Post
CRYPT
post Feb 22 2012, 02:36 PM
Post #14

AF Geek
Group Icon

QUOTE (Copenhagen @ Feb 22 2012, 02:34 PM) *
LOL han2 sometimes doesn't do his job well...

you are that troll freezingpoint.

Nope.

+Quote Post
Yerroperil
post Feb 22 2012, 03:31 PM
Post #15

AF Pro
Group Icon

lmao Devils666/Copenhagen,you actually think I would be lame enough to make another account? I guess you can't accept there is a concept of an Han ethnicity and not everyone is mixed like you...

+Quote Post
MyEmpire2012SP1
post Feb 22 2012, 03:40 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

Tibetan and Han are actually share the same common ancestor, they are just the west branch of ancient Qiang, whilst the Han the east branch of Qiang.

Tibetan nobleman are basically O3a5 stocks like Han, thats why Dala-Lama looks no difference than a average Han, the problem is their commoners and slave-class are largely old-asian stocks characterised by Y-dna D2, which linked to Amdaman negrito and japanese and anius something.

This post has been edited by MyEmpire2012SP1: Feb 22 2012, 03:40 PM

+Quote Post
Crossbowman123
post Feb 22 2012, 06:31 PM
Post #17

AF Fan
Group Icon

QUOTE (CRYPT @ Feb 23 2012, 06:31 AM) *
No.

Han2 is Indonesian. He hates Chinese.

+Quote Post
CRYPT
post Feb 22 2012, 06:33 PM
Post #18

AF Geek
Group Icon

QUOTE (Crossbowman123 @ Feb 22 2012, 06:31 PM) *
Han2 is Indonesian. He hates Chinese.

He is too trigger happy.

+Quote Post
devils666
post Feb 23 2012, 03:17 AM
Post #19

AF Pro
Group Icon

Let's stick to the topic at hand. Tibetans are NOT Altaic! They have more relation with Han Chinese than Mongolians or Uighurs. The fact that inter-cultural affairs and mixing has been going on for centuries between China and Tibet speaks for itself. Tibet attacked China, Bhutan, and many other places. This is just karma as they say. Manifest destiny. Old conquerers of China are now part of the Chinese empire - get used to it!

Blacks and Native Americans never did anything bad to China and vice versa. Other Asians have done a lot of bad $hit to China and now "what goes around comes around".

This post has been edited by devils666: Feb 23 2012, 03:35 AM

+Quote Post
Crossbowman123
post Feb 23 2012, 05:27 AM
Post #20

AF Fan
Group Icon

QUOTE (devils666 @ Feb 23 2012, 07:17 PM) *
Let's stick to the topic at hand. Tibetans are NOT Altaic! They have more relation with Han Chinese than Mongolians or Uighurs. The fact that inter-cultural affairs and mixing has been going on for centuries between China and Tibet speaks for itself. Tibet attacked China, Bhutan, and many other places. This is just karma as they say. Manifest destiny. Old conquerers of China are now part of the Chinese empire - get used to it!

Blacks and Native Americans never did anything bad to China and vice versa. Other Asians have done a lot of bad $hit to China and now "what goes around comes around".

I've noticed blacks love to say they have native American blood. Even celebrities such as Chris Rock and Morgan Freeman. I don't live in America so can anyone with more experience elaborate? I assume its just a "right to land" statement?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 04:13 AM