AsiaFinest Forum
Ad: 123Designing.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
What do you think of the island in Malaysia?, To have people's ideas and informations
adimar
post Jun 7 2005, 07:46 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members

Hallu everbody...i need ur ideas & info from u guys
regarding about island in Malaysia. I have 4
questions:

1) What do u thnk our island in Malaysia such as
Redang, Tioman, Pangkor & langkawi?Do u thnk
that those islands can gives advantage & benefits
to us?

2) Who do you thnk which tourists from other
countries would like to visit those islands?
(ex:China, Europe & middle east) and WHY?

3) What should we do in having to those islands in
order to gain attractions and keep in mind of the
tourists or visitors in order them to come back &
visit those island again?

4) What are the disadvantages that those islands
have which create bad influence & make it can not
be attractfull also different with other beautiful
islands around the world?

(Plss! Plss! Plss! help me in gaining succesfull
Malaysian economic growth & marketing planning
to those islands)

PLS DO EMAIL ME AT:

adimar5978@yahoo.com

UR HELP & IDEAS WILL BE DELIGHTFULL
APPRECIATED.....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
malaccan
post Jun 11 2005, 03:52 AM
Post #2

AF Guru
Group Icon

Needing help with your homeword Adimar? icon_wink.gif When's it due? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
adimar
post Jun 13 2005, 01:23 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Hello there Malaccan,

Nice meeting u. Anyway thnks for replying my questions. Well, it is not so called "homeword" but I have to make a business plan promotions and marketing planning to foreigners such as China, Europe and Middle East.

My tasks is to promote islands in Malaysia especially Redang. If u have plenty of help, I appreciate it if you can help me giving ideas and informations regarding the questions that being posted. Thank you.

+Quote Post
malaccan
post Jun 15 2005, 06:49 AM
Post #4

AF Guru
Group Icon

LOL, was just kidding adi. Don't think I can be of much help. You might want to start by trying the Tourism Malaysia people on Jalan Ampang. That converted mansion near the Zouk nightclub. Assuming that you're based in KL lah. All the best!

+Quote Post
Iron Malayan
post Jun 30 2005, 01:03 PM
Post #5

AF Pro
Group Icon

Some vessels ferrying tourists to island resorts in Trengganu are notorious for overloading. A few yrs back one of them sank on the way to the mainland.
Another boat who came to their rescue made the tourists pay first while they were still in the water.

+Quote Post
witchx
post Jul 3 2005, 09:31 PM
Post #6

AF Fan
Group Icon

im new here and hope u r still around adimar icon_smile.gif

1) i think perhentian still stands out by far the best among your choices though u didn mention anything bout it. i havent been there for about a year so hopefully it havent changed much. Perhentian kecil is a tiny lil island and it is not too commercialized and good for relaxation. Lang Tengah is also good whereby it the coral reefs are still pretty intact and not damaged badly.

2)Europians/Americans during May onwards till around August whereby it is summer or something there.THey tend to like the beaches around in Malaysia for the sun.

3) dont have too many infrastructures and buildings whereby building more of those concrete buildings it tend to have more pollution. With pollution it will kill the corals. And they dont really dispose the garbage and excess building materials properly.

4) same as no3.... too many hotels and such which are expensive as well.... keep it neat and small like perhentian kecil where its mostly small resorts and cheap backpacking spots. Pollution is bad as well and its generally malaysians with the "tidak apa" attitude

+Quote Post
Iron Malayan
post Aug 17 2005, 12:57 PM
Post #7

AF Pro
Group Icon

Tioman and Langkawi are the best islands in Malaysia .

+Quote Post
yana19384
post Aug 22 2005, 11:44 PM
Post #8

AF Pro
Group Icon

i love the islands in malaysia...i think they r really beautiful

im not really sure of their names though..but ive seen some of the real pictures that my friend took while he was doing some project in terengganu..he's a photographer from US and the pictures that he took were really good..they were not the ones that were like those used for advertisement..those are like real pictures without any editing job done..it was almost like real experiance kind of pictures!!!

i think the best way to make the island a great attraction is to make sure that the the place is always clean..(not mentioning the good clean smell..pure smell..or whatever u call it)...imagine you as a tourist..u come up to a place and what would u first want to experiance??..of course how clean the place is..how pure the air feels and stuff..

and y cant we give the tourist a better water ride??..like i remember that last time when i was small we were cheated by this boat guy and all of us had to be on a fisherman's boat instead!!!..so i think that a better boat ride..like the better organized ones..

+Quote Post
rx7boy
post Aug 23 2005, 09:54 AM
Post #9

AF Guru
Group Icon

I wish to go visit Pulau Redang someday.. many people said that island pretty cool!!! i just want to go there and relax at the beach.. i cant swim (shame) sure.gif ..

This post has been edited by rx7boy: Aug 23 2005, 09:56 AM

+Quote Post
yana19384
post Aug 23 2005, 10:03 AM
Post #10

AF Pro
Group Icon

u dont need to be a swimmer to experiance how beautiful the island is..but it will b such a shame that u cant scuba or snorkle..well..swimming is easy..u just need to float and kick..thats all..but oh gosh..i cant wait to go back..i want to go to some nice islands in terengganu but then i'll get dark..hehe..so...well..i think i better stay home embarassedlaugh.gif

+Quote Post
rx7boy
post Aug 23 2005, 10:08 AM
Post #11

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE (yana19384 @ Aug 23 2005, 10:03 AM)
u dont need to be a swimmer to experiance how beautiful the island is..but it will b such a shame that u cant scuba or snorkle..well..swimming is easy..u just need to float and kick..thats all..but oh gosh..i cant wait to go back..i want to go to some nice islands in terengganu but then i'll get dark..hehe..so...well..i think i better stay home  embarassedlaugh.gif

well dear.. i hate to get wet too.. im such a Kambeng u know.. embarassedlaugh.gif2

+Quote Post
Iron Malayan
post Aug 23 2005, 01:38 PM
Post #12

AF Pro
Group Icon

So many good islands, so little time.

+Quote Post
malaccan
post Aug 24 2005, 12:22 AM
Post #13

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE (rx7boy @ Aug 23 2005, 10:08 AM)
QUOTE (yana19384 @ Aug 23 2005, 10:03 AM)
u dont need to be a swimmer to experiance how beautiful the island is..but it will b such a shame that u cant scuba or snorkle..well..swimming is easy..u just need to float and kick..thats all..but oh gosh..i cant wait to go back..i want to go to some nice islands in terengganu but then i'll get dark..hehe..so...well..i think i better stay home  embarassedlaugh.gif

well dear.. i hate to get wet too.. im such a Kambeng u know.. embarassedlaugh.gif2

Heheh, don't be such a kambing lah! I like to go to Perhentian for snorkelling, Langkawi just to chill and drive to all the kampungs. More often than not, it's always Tioman and the neighbouring islands whenever my relatives from down south visit. I keep tellimg myself to take up diving, what with all the beautiful underwater scenery that Malaysia has. And the Philippines, Indonesia and Thailand too.

+Quote Post
yana19384
post Aug 24 2005, 02:50 AM
Post #14

AF Pro
Group Icon

oh my god!!! i cant wait to go back home!!!! love2.gif

but i dont really want to go langkawi though..because i know that 3/4 out time my mom will drag us to anywhere that she can shop shop shop...but i want to NATURE!!!..hmm..maybe i will go to redang..but then..wargghhh..i have to sacrifice..i'll get bloody tanned later..but well..emm.. sure.gif

+Quote Post
Iron Malayan
post Aug 24 2005, 12:04 PM
Post #15

AF Pro
Group Icon

Since the hostage taking incident by Abu Sayyaf rebels a few yrs back, security has been reinforced on Sipadan Island. Theres nothing to fear now.

+Quote Post
PepsiCola
post Aug 24 2005, 12:08 PM
Post #16

AF Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE (Iron Malayan @ Aug 24 2005, 12:04 PM)
Since the hostage taking incident by Abu Sayyaf rebels a few yrs back, security has been  reinforced on Sipadan Island. Theres nothing to fear now.

Jeez, Abu Sayaf is in Malaysia too. eek.gif

+Quote Post
rx7boy
post Aug 24 2005, 12:36 PM
Post #17

AF Guru
Group Icon

its an old story lorr.. now its peaceful.. i hope.. sure.gif

+Quote Post
Iron Malayan
post Aug 24 2005, 12:41 PM
Post #18

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (PepsiCola @ Aug 24 2005, 12:08 PM)
Jeez, Abu Sayaf is in Malaysia too. eek.gif
They had the element of surprise when they took that resort. Now it would be very difficult to pull off a similar stunt again.

+Quote Post
malaccan
post Aug 24 2005, 02:03 PM
Post #19

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE (Iron Malayan @ Aug 24 2005, 12:04 PM)
Since the hostage taking incident by Abu Sayyaf rebels a few yrs back, security has been  reinforced on Sipadan Island. Theres nothing to fear now.

I pray they stay away for good. Good riddance to bad rubbish! thumbsdown.gif

+Quote Post
yana19384
post Aug 25 2005, 01:22 AM
Post #20

AF Pro
Group Icon

aiyakkk...do you guys have to talk about abu sayyaf or saddam hussein or osama bin laden now that i am going back to enjoy my holiday???

please dont bawling.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 02:58 AM