AsiaFinest Forum
Ad: 123Designing.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
IF the Philippines was attacked!!!, Do u think it wud survive?
bari
post Aug 18 2005, 08:19 AM
Post #1

AF Fiend
Group Icon

Group: Members

ME? i dnt think so, only 100 000 soldiers on the field, old navy boats, obsolete planes + incompetent generals!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PepsiCola
post Aug 18 2005, 09:10 AM
Post #2

AF Addict
Group Icon

Yes, I think we have more then 100,000 soldiers. We recieved some new Cyclone Patrol ships from the US. And our air-force is not that obsolete, we have F-4 fighters. I think the Philippines would survive. Don't underestimate the fighting spirit of the filipinos. Besides we have a treaty with the US, that if we are attacked the US will come and help us.

+Quote Post
TakTAk-Boy
post Aug 19 2005, 05:05 AM
Post #3

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (PepsiCola @ Aug 18 2005, 09:10 AM)
Yes, I think we have more then 100,000 soldiers. We recieved some new Cyclone Patrol ships from the US. And our air-force is not that obsolete, we have F-4 fighters. I think the Philippines would survive. Don't underestimate the fighting spirit of the filipinos. Besides we have a treaty with the US, that if we are attacked the US will come and help us.

NO such treaty exist....and there never will be.

But anyway...the military has alot of obsolete hardware...most of our equipment are vietnam war era...the cities would probably fall in a month or so....but they wont be able to take ove the whole country....our equipment may suck @ss but the military experience in jungle warfare is very good......decades of jungle fighting against rebels has made the military prepared for a guerilla warfare. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
education
post Aug 19 2005, 10:34 AM
Post #4

AF Guru
Group Icon

Depends which country its attacked by!

+Quote Post
PepsiCola
post Aug 19 2005, 10:58 AM
Post #5

AF Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE (education @ Aug 19 2005, 10:34 AM)
Depends which country its attacked by!

It doesn't matter what country attacks the Philippines. We would give any country that attacks us, hell. Plus the US are our allies, they will help us out.

Don't underestimate the filipino.

And TakTAK-Boy there is such a treaty. Your negative view upon the Philippines and filipinos is disgusting. sure.gif

The post-U.S. bases era has seen U.S.-Philippine relations improved and broadened, with a prominent focus on economic and commercial ties while maintaining the importance of the security dimension. U.S. investment continues to play an important role in the Philippine economy, while a strong security relationship rests on the 1952 U.S.-Philippines Mutual Defense Treaty (MDT). In February 1998, U.S. and Philippine negotiators concluded the Visiting Forces Agreement (VFA), paving the way for increased military cooperation under the MDT. The agreement was approved by the Philippine Senate in May 1999 and entered into force on June 1, 1999. Under the VFA, the U.S. has conducted ship visits to Philippine ports and has resumed large combined military exercises with Philippine forces.

Seriously I hope the Philippines improves upon our military.
Even Indonesia has F-16s, the Philippines should at least get some Sukhoi-30s.

Some ships in the Philippine Navy

This post has been edited by PepsiCola: Aug 19 2005, 11:54 AM

+Quote Post
JuliusMariaLourd...
post Aug 19 2005, 02:08 PM
Post #6

AF Addict
Group Icon

Group: Banned

Any country that's attacked using nuclear weapons would be in a huge mess. If one modern nuclear bomb strikes Manila - the damage would reach Mindanao in approximately 55 minutes.

If the attack will mostly comprise of foot soldiers, meaning - the attackers will dock their ships at philippine shores (or wherever is strategic), then do a sweeping raid by foot, then perhaps there is a little survival rate.

+Quote Post
JuliusMariaLourd...
post Aug 19 2005, 02:19 PM
Post #7

AF Addict
Group Icon

Group: Banned

QUOTE (bari @ Aug 18 2005, 06:19 AM)
ME? i dnt think so, only 100 000 soldiers on the field, old navy boats, obsolete planes + incompetent generals!!!

If attacked by Bangladesh, perhaps we would have a huge survival rate. But if attacked by China, we would probably be crushed.

+Quote Post
PepsiCola
post Aug 19 2005, 02:21 PM
Post #8

AF Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE (JuliusMariaLourdes @ Aug 19 2005, 02:19 PM)

If attacked by Bangladesh, perhaps we would have a huge survival rate. But if attacked by China, we would probably be crushed.

We have a Mutual Defense Treaty with the US. Chinese are only strong because of their numbers. And China has no reason to attack the Philippines. They should be more worried about their Taiwan problem.

+Quote Post
RL33
post Aug 19 2005, 10:20 PM
Post #9

AF Pro
Group Icon

The cities would fall in no time but thats pretty much it , they most likely will not be able to take control of the outlying areas.

Other than that id rather they spend more money on improving the economy and quality of life than on the military.

+Quote Post
bari
post Aug 20 2005, 06:57 AM
Post #10

AF Fiend
Group Icon

I think separatists communists and terrorists in the country and take advantage of the situation and make it a free for all!!!

i got an idea!!! why not make a strategy game bout it,, u know, there are the 3 sides the proudhardcores, the foreign invaders from somwhere and separatists! cool huh? watcha think?

+Quote Post
Mulawin
post Aug 20 2005, 08:18 AM
Post #11

AF Addict
Group Icon

Hell no! LOLZZ

+Quote Post
Mid-Night_Sun
post Aug 20 2005, 08:22 AM
Post #12

AF Supreme
Group Icon

QUOTE (PepsiCola @ Aug 19 2005, 04:21 PM)

We have a Mutual Defense Treaty with the US. Chinese are only strong because of their numbers. And China has no reason to attack the Philippines. They should be more worried about their Taiwan problem.

lmao we are, i think the whole world knows that already! so gay, it should be a CHINESE issue!

im a bit shocked though, you guys are relying on the US!? what are you japan now?

+Quote Post
PepsiCola
post Aug 20 2005, 10:15 AM
Post #13

AF Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE (Mid-Night_Sun @ Aug 20 2005, 08:22 AM)
QUOTE (PepsiCola @ Aug 19 2005, 04:21 PM)

lmao we are, i think the whole world knows that already! so gay, it should be a CHINESE issue!

im a bit shocked though, you guys are relying on the US!? what are you japan now?

Yes were like Japan's little brother to the south who happens to be brown skinned. icon_rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
education
post Aug 20 2005, 10:23 AM
Post #14

AF Guru
Group Icon

I think the majority of you are right here when you say China has no beef or reason to attck them. I've always felt our countries had good relations. But to respond to what you said are you really that ignorant to believe that were only strong because of our population. Wake up you act like all 1.3 billion of us are enlisted in the damn army. I doubt very much the U.S is nervous of us because of our supposed numbers. It doesn't matter how much people you got if the other side has more advanced artillery then a army of even 50 million could be obliterated. Rumsfeld knows that but yet why is he still nervous because he knows our numbers is just one of our strengths but there are others also that go into making the red army a force to be dealt with. Are we on there level HELL NO Do we got the americans undivided attention HELL YES.

QUOTE (PepsiCola @ Aug 19 2005, 03:21 PM)

+Quote Post
PepsiCola
post Aug 20 2005, 10:31 AM
Post #15

AF Addict
Group Icon

Other then mountains of hand me downs from the Russians, what does the Red Army have. LOL

+Quote Post
education
post Aug 20 2005, 02:16 PM
Post #16

AF Guru
Group Icon

Brains and courage. Thats why our economy is is booming while yours doesn't even register!

QUOTE (PepsiCola @ Aug 20 2005, 11:31 AM)
Other then mountains of hand me downs from the Russians, what does the Red Army have. LOL

+Quote Post
PepsiCola
post Aug 20 2005, 02:19 PM
Post #17

AF Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE (education @ Aug 20 2005, 02:16 PM)
Brains and courage. Thats why our economy is is booming while yours doesn't even register!

QUOTE (PepsiCola @ Aug 20 2005, 11:31 AM)

Ha ha ha @ss-hole.

Brains and courage, I thought they killed off or scared away all the smart, educated chinese during the Cultural Revolution. As for courage, didn't the term yellow bellied come from a certain stereotype of chinese immigrants in the west. embarassedlaugh.gif

I must have hit a nerve for you to make a racist response. Stupid @ss and you ask why chinese people aren't seen in a good light in the Phils. Talktohand.gif

This post has been edited by PepsiCola: Aug 20 2005, 02:23 PM

+Quote Post
education
post Aug 20 2005, 02:47 PM
Post #18

AF Guru
Group Icon

LOL oh Im sorry I forgot who I was talking to. And I almost gave you the impression like I almost cared that I worry what you think of me. This coming from a group who is inflicted with a serious CSI syndrome embarassedlaugh.gif2 gimme a break pepsi crackhead. And I ain't talking about the show mother f*cker. And your going to have to tell me how my response was racist. It would seem your the one whos being racist by implying that Im a what you call yellowbellied. Everything I said in my post is true isn't I mean you do watch the news don't you??? Our economy is booming while yours is.......... well lets not go there. But anyways you say that this is the reason why chinese people aren't seen in a good light WOW thats pretty heavy stuff considering my girlfriend IS FILIPINA and she tells me the same sh*t. The only reason were not seen in a good light in your opinion is because you can't stand the fact that foreigners come into the PI and are more successful then the natives there. That isn't our fault but yours. What your doing is nothing more then a classic example of an inferiority complex because the PI doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as China. Your what my girlfriend would describe as exactly the problem with the PI today. You blame others who come into your country just to work for your problems not to start sh*t but to make a living and you blame them for your misfourtunes just because there making your people look bad. I highly doubt that the chinese image in the PI is made bad just because we have difference of opinion. Instead of blaming others for your problems why don't you do something about it. The problems in the PI stems from internal issues from its political leaders and the corruption of its people thats why its in the state it is today b*tch! biggthumpup.gif

+Quote Post
PepsiCola
post Aug 20 2005, 02:57 PM
Post #19

AF Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE (education @ Aug 20 2005, 02:47 PM)
LOL oh Im sorry I forgot who I was talking to. And I almost gave you the impression like I almost cared that I worry what you think of me. This coming from a group who is inflicted with a serious CSI syndrome  embarassedlaugh.gif2  gimme a break pepsi crackhead. And I ain't talking about the show mother f*cker.  And your going to have to tell me how my response was racist. It would seem your the one whos being racist by implying that Im a what you call yellowbellied. Everything I said in my post is true isn't I mean you do watch the news don't you??? Our economy is booming while yours is.......... well lets not go there. But anyways you say that this is the reason why chinese people aren't seen in a good light WOW thats pretty heavy stuff considering my girlfriend IS FILIPINA and she tells me the same sh*t. The only reason were not seen in a good light in your opinion is because you can't stand the fact that foreigners come into the PI and are more successful then the natives there. That isn't our fault but yours. What your doing is nothing more then a classic example of an inferiority complex because the PI doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as China. Your what my girlfriend would describe as exactly the problem with the PI today. You blame others who come into your country just to work for your problems not to start sh*t but to make a living and you blame them for your misfourtunes just because there making your people look bad. I highly doubt that the chinese image in the PI is made bad just because we have difference of opinion. Instead of blaming others for your problems why don't you do something about it. The problems in the PI stems from internal issues from its political leaders and the corruption of its people thats why its in the state it is today b*tch! biggthumpup.gif

Don't flatter yourself @ss-hole. I don't blame chinese for Philippines problems, I blame corruption. And chinese don't own the Philippine economy. Alot of native filipinos are rich in the Philippines. Oh and those chinese you claim are succesful in the Philippines, are chinese mestizos or tsinoys. Who are sometimes even more racist towards chinese immigrants or full blooded chinese in the Phils. embarassedlaugh.gif
Ha ha you sad little kid, you think too highly of yourself. embarassedlaugh.gif

Too bad your girlfriend has a ethnocentric loser for a boyfriend. embarassedlaugh.gif

+Quote Post
education
post Aug 20 2005, 03:16 PM
Post #20

AF Guru
Group Icon

Looks like we finally agree on something Lil flip. Your absolutely right about that. Your problems is caused by corruption! I had a teacher once tell me that the only reason why anybody or any person bothers to take any time in shooting down a specific group or a specific race is only trying to make himself feel better. Thus we have pepsi crackhead! So what your trying to tell me in your last post is that filipino people have to have some form of chinese or spanish blood in them to be well off your even more ignorant then you sound if you really believe that. Instead of being a dummy and fueling my arguement that you hate us because were successful why don't you actually give me real examples of pure filipinos who made somthing of themselves not just by claiming a nationality then well talk. Until then don't hate me for that. Yes I am chinese but I treat my girl like she was a queen so what you know about that? Your just furious because you can't stand the idea that not all filipinos agree with your perspective on how all chinese people are because I sure as hell have never had any negative confrontations with filipinos besides you of course so this leaves me to believe one of either 2 things Number 1) your just a b!tch or number 2) not all filipinos are like the ones I know! You need to wake up this hate you carry and ignorance of us is totally false if you knew how to read then you would know that I was praising the relations we had with the PI in some of my earlier posts on this topic. But you came storming in here and started acting like a bi*ch first by hating and saying oh Chinas just all about numbers and that $hit. BULL$hit! Don't hate me just because I get more love from your peoples then you do embarassedlaugh.gif2

+Quote Post

13 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 07:20 PM