Reply to this topicStart new topic
Information About China
AtlantisStar
post Mar 3 2004, 11:12 PM
Post #61

AF Guru
Group Icon

Group: Members

QUOTE (chynagongju @ Mar 4 2004, 12:10 AM)
Have you been reading the posts up there that you don't agree with? We've said already that he wasn't being racist. He was proving a point.

And the boundaries of discrimination and chatting.... crumbles...

So what would you consider to be racist..

He admits he is racist. Ben said he was too.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DaMo
post Mar 3 2004, 11:12 PM
Post #62

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (AtlantisStar @ Mar 3 2004, 11:08 PM)
QUOTE (DaMo @ Mar 4 2004, 12:06 AM)
QUOTE (AtlantisStar @ Mar 3 2004, 10:56 PM)
Japanese Discriminating against other Asians living in japan

Do not fall for the lie that Japanese are respectful towards foreigners. Japan is without a doubt the most racist and xenophobic nation in the world.

Consider this fact: An American politician by the name of Trent Lott complements Strom Thurmond and is forced to step down for the supposed racist comment implied. A Japanese politician by the name of Ishihara refers to Chinese people as "genetic pollution" and he is supported by 80% of Tokyo voters.

The Chinese gave the Japanese a written language and the Japanese repay by invading China and committing unspeakable crimes.

The Chinese gave the Japanese their culture and the Japanese repay by performing horrific medical experiments on the Chinese.

The Chinese gave the Japanese their art and architecture, and the Japanese repay China by raping and murdering the defenseless citizens at Nanking.

The Chinese gave the Japanese their religion and philosophy. Aside from Buddhism, even Shinto and Bushido were rooted in Chinese philosophies. The Kojiki, a fundamental text in Shintoism is influenced by Taoism. Bushido is a martial manifestation of Confucianism. The Japanese repay China by enslaving Chinese in labor camps and enslaving Chinese women in military brothels.

The analogy of Sino-Japanese relations is simply that of a benevolent teacher and an ungrateful student.

these are so his "intellegent posts"

And how exactly are these inaccurate?

XRJ has made a couple of over-the-top statements in the past, but these posts are not too far off the mark. They're plain historical facts - how can that be racist?

I didn't say those were racist.

Look at the bottom one. That's got racism written all over it.

Ok, you're right. Except for that link (about which I previously made no comment anyway), those others are historical facts. There's nothing lacking in intelligence about them.

This post has been edited by DaMo: Mar 3 2004, 11:13 PM

+Quote Post
AtlantisStar
post Mar 3 2004, 11:13 PM
Post #63

AF Guru
Group Icon

That's why i said they were his intellegent posts.

Ben threatened him to stop making racial remarks for his membership would be banned. So he resolved to these easy going types of historical remarks to back him up as a racist.

+Quote Post
chynagongju
post Mar 3 2004, 11:19 PM
Post #64

AF Supreme
Group Icon

Why is intelligent posts in quotes then? Hmmm...definitely perceived that you were implying something from that.

Secondly, I consider something racist if there is nothing factual to back it up. For example. A comment like: All you damn immigrants from Asia go back from where you came from. [btw. i don't think like that. just making an example for AtlantisStar]

+Quote Post
AtlantisStar
post Mar 3 2004, 11:20 PM
Post #65

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE (chynagongju @ Mar 4 2004, 12:19 AM)
Why is intelligent posts in quotes then? Hmmm...definitely perceived that you were implying something from that.

Secondly, I consider something racist if there is nothing factual to back it up. For example. A comment like: All you damn immigrants from Asia go back from where you came from. [btw. i don't think like that. just making an example for AtlantisStar]

Well he did say the Chinese should kick out all Japanese ideas and concepts for they are "poisoning our motherland".

What if someone said "Remember the Alamo", it's a factual representation, but is nonetheless racist.

+Quote Post
azn_pyde_viet
post Mar 3 2004, 11:22 PM
Post #66

AF Geek
Group Icon

Well he did say the Chinese should kick out all Japanese ideas and concepts for they are "poisoning our motherland".

proof?

+Quote Post
DaMo
post Mar 3 2004, 11:24 PM
Post #67

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (直隸總督 @ Mar 3 2004, 11:09 PM)
Xiao said that. That is the truth as well.

Yes, Japanese soldiers did have a killing contest in Nanjing called 百人斬, the rule was whoever beheaded 100 people in the day would win. If they tied, then they'd hold another contest.

I'm not BSing you, this was from a Japanese newspaper during world war II.

But the context in which he posted it is racist. He should have put it in Chinese Chat or Japanese Chat if he wanted to bring it up as a genuine discussion of a historical fact. The way he termed it a Japanese sport as though Japanese people regularly gather in parks on sunny weekends and lop Chinese people's heads off is a clear attempt to pin a terrible wartime atrocity on the entire Japanese culture. Putting a topic like that in the Sports Chat and calling it a Japanese sport is stupid, inappropriate and racist.

+Quote Post
AtlantisStar
post Mar 3 2004, 11:25 PM
Post #68

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE (azn_pyde_viet @ Mar 4 2004, 12:22 AM)

proof?

searching...

http://www.asiafinest.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1213

It's gone. bawling.gif

+Quote Post
chynagongju
post Mar 3 2004, 11:27 PM
Post #69

AF Supreme
Group Icon

DaMo. He didn't want to discuss it. That wasn't the point. He was trying to make a point [wow so much usage of point] about what the Japanese did to the Chinese, and how they perceived it as a type of sport. They really did.

+Quote Post
AtlantisStar
post Mar 3 2004, 11:29 PM
Post #70

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE (chynagongju @ Mar 4 2004, 12:27 AM)
DaMo. He didn't want to discuss it. That wasn't the point. He was trying to make a point [wow so much usage of point] about what the Japanese did to the Chinese, and how they perceived it as a type of sport. They really did.

He's a chinese nationalist who hates the japanese.
Think why in the world would he say he always wanted to play a sport like that.
Obvious sarcasm for a more sinister core.

ADD-
Calling it a nite folks. Tomorrow i shouldn't be as drunk. But who knows I'm in college and it's spring break.

This post has been edited by AtlantisStar: Mar 3 2004, 11:30 PM

+Quote Post
chynagongju
post Mar 3 2004, 11:34 PM
Post #71

AF Supreme
Group Icon

He IS a Chinese Nationalist. He said that. He hates the Japanese for what they did to the Chinese. Why in the world he would say that? Because he harbors hate towards the Japanese who DID consider killing Chinese a sport. That is not racism. That is justified. Racism is not justified. Sarcasm to prove his point that Japanese people did something like that. Something that we find so atrocious, they did that for FUN.

+Quote Post
DaMo
post Mar 3 2004, 11:47 PM
Post #72

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (chynagongju @ Mar 3 2004, 11:27 PM)

That doesn't excuse the fact that it was completely out of line.

[sarcasm] Hey, I have an idea. Maybe I should post long graphic descriptions and images of the Japanese soldiers' gangrapes of Chinese women and girls at Nanjing in the Love/Relationship forum under the topic "Japanese Romance". Yeah, that would be really great way to "make a point". [/sarcasm]

Gimme a madgo.gif break!

+Quote Post
chynagongju
post Mar 3 2004, 11:51 PM
Post #73

AF Supreme
Group Icon

Well if you feel that passionately about it. Go ahead. If Xiao felt so passionately about that and felt like it had to be told to the public...then so be it. Who am I to tell him what to believe strongly in and what not to?

+Quote Post
直隸總督
post Mar 3 2004, 11:52 PM
Post #74

AF Elite
Group Icon

Group: Banned

[sarcasm] Hey, I have an idea. Maybe I should post long graphic descriptions and images of the Japanese soldiers' gangrapes of Chinese women and girls at Nanjing in the Love/Relationship forum under the topic "Japanese Romance". Yeah, that would be really great way to "make a point". [/sarcasm]

That'd be very interesting.

+Quote Post
DaMo
post Mar 4 2004, 12:10 AM
Post #75

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (chynagongju @ Mar 3 2004, 11:51 PM)
Well if you feel that passionately about it. Go ahead. If Xiao felt so passionately about that and felt like it had to be told to the public...then so be it. Who am I to tell him what to believe strongly in and what not to?

I have no intention of dictating to XRJ what to feel, believe or say to the public. But there are appropriate and inappropriate ways of declaring the same fact. And that particular post crossed the line (it was not the last time this happened). To call the competitive decapitation of unarmed Chinese civilians a "Japanese sport" and to even place it in the Sports Chat board is something I cannot excuse away.

+Quote Post
直隸總督
post Mar 4 2004, 12:11 AM
Post #76

AF Elite
Group Icon

QUOTE (DaMo @ Mar 4 2004, 01:10 AM)
QUOTE (chynagongju @ Mar 3 2004, 11:51 PM)

I have no intention of dictating to XRJ what to feel, believe or say to the public. But there are appropriate and inappropriate ways of declaring the same fact. And that particular post crossed the line (it was not the last time this happened). To call the competitive decapitation of unarmed Chinese civilians a "Japanese sport" and to even place it in the Sports Chat board is something I cannot excuse away.

Japanese soldiers did regard those acitivities as sports though. But I agree XRJ was carrying out his argument in a slightly harsh way.
btw, I admire his sense of humor.

+Quote Post
huaren
post Mar 4 2004, 05:14 AM
Post #77

AF Pro
Group Icon

I can't believe you say such words. I don't think you vietnam peoples are educated. pukeface.gif

Do you think you can have your pride by posting such threads?

This post has been edited by huaren: Mar 4 2004, 05:19 AM

+Quote Post
AtlantisStar
post Mar 4 2004, 04:18 PM
Post #78

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE (chynagongju @ Mar 4 2004, 12:34 AM)
He IS a Chinese Nationalist. He said that. He hates the Japanese for what they did to the Chinese. Why in the world he would say that? Because he harbors hate towards the Japanese who DID consider killing Chinese a sport. That is not racism. That is justified. Racism is not justified. Sarcasm to prove his point that Japanese people did something like that. Something that we find so atrocious, they did that for FUN.

Well that's an excellent reason to stereo type all japanese and hate them isn't it??? icon_rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
直隸總督
post Mar 4 2004, 05:40 PM
Post #79

AF Elite
Group Icon

QUOTE (huaren @ Mar 4 2004, 06:14 AM)

I can't believe you say such words. I don't think you vietnam peoples are educated. pukeface.gif

i'm not even a vietnamese, i take it as an insult

This post has been edited by 直隸總督: Mar 4 2004, 05:40 PM

+Quote Post
Byron
post Mar 4 2004, 05:48 PM
Post #80

AF Elite
Group Icon

QUOTE (huaren @ Mar 4 2004, 06:14 AM)

you do know the people that wrote those quotes are not Vietnamese and are Chinese and Indian right?

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st October 2014 - 08:22 PM