AsiaFinest Forum
Ad: 123Designing.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Bua Phep
EMERALDRAGON7
post Sep 30 2005, 07:16 AM
Post #1


AF Geek
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Posts: 180
Joined: 25-July 04




Ban co tin ve bua phep khong a? Thuong thuong nguoi ta o VN sai bua nhu the nao? Toi chi la to mo thoi....truoc khi toi di VN se deo mot cai bua tai vi khong biet neu co bi chuyen gi hay khong.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Tulip
post Sep 30 2005, 08:42 AM
Post #2


AF Fan
Group Icon

Group: Members
Posts: 47
Joined: 20-August 05




well, it depends on how you define "bua phep" and what kind you're talking about. If you're talking about voodoo dolls and stuff like that then nope. But if you're talking about a striper taking all your money while giving you a lap dance without you even knowing it then yeah.
Most of the stories you hear about these things are probably from people who got their drinks spiked or drugged in some way or another or from unloyal husbans who go back to Vietnam on "business trips" but then return home broke becuse they spent all their $$ on girls.
QUOTE (EMERALDRAGON7 @ Sep 30 2005, 07:16 AM)
....truoc khi toi di VN se deo mot cai bua tai vi khong biet neu co bi chuyen gi hay khong.
*

Just imagine how the world would be if those kind of things exists...half the population would be turned into mindless zombies. Besides, if something like that does exists, i really don't see how a piece of paper with swiggles on it would do any good but thats just my opinion.
Enjoy your trip and remeber to wear pant with deep pockets so it makes it harder for pick-pockets to reach in. icon_smile.gif
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
chanoi
post Sep 30 2005, 08:43 AM
Post #3


AF Pro
Group Icon

Group: Members
Posts: 1,103
Joined: 31-August 05




QUOTE (EMERALDRAGON7 @ Sep 30 2005, 07:16 AM)
Ban co tin ve bua phep khong a? Thuong thuong nguoi ta o VN sai bua nhu the nao? Toi chi la to mo thoi....truoc khi toi di VN se deo mot cai bua tai vi khong biet neu co bi chuyen gi hay khong.
*


http://www.langtieu.com/bua_ngai_o_san_jose.htm


NOt only people in Vietnam do that, but Viet in U.S.A also practice in this kind of superstition. I hear of (bu`a ye^u) before, it suppose to make a person fall maddly in love with you. anyway, i believe that this stuff is 97% full of bullsh!t, while the other 3% is inexplicable even to science today
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
EMERALDRAGON7
post Oct 1 2005, 10:43 PM
Post #4


AF Geek
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Posts: 180
Joined: 25-July 04




QUOTE (chanoi @ Sep 30 2005, 08:43 AM)
QUOTE (EMERALDRAGON7 @ Sep 30 2005, 07:16 AM)
Ban co tin ve bua phep khong a? Thuong thuong nguoi ta o VN sai bua nhu the nao? Toi chi la to mo thoi....truoc khi toi di VN se deo mot cai bua tai vi khong biet neu co bi chuyen gi hay khong.
*


http://www.langtieu.com/bua_ngai_o_san_jose.htm


NOt only people in Vietnam do that, but Viet in U.S.A also practice in this kind of superstition. I hear of (bu`a ye^u) before, it suppose to make a person fall maddly in love with you. anyway, i believe that this stuff is 97% full of bullsh!t, while the other 3% is inexplicable even to science today
*



I agree with you now, the other 3% that is unexplainable could be from the persons mind after all. Even the modern man has to rely on that stuff sometime. Bua yeu ha? Toi nghe nnguoi ta noi la nguoi Cham lam "bua yeu" rat la manh. But then again seeing is believing. cool30.gif

This post has been edited by EMERALDRAGON7: Oct 2 2005, 10:45 PM
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
supernovasp
post Oct 1 2005, 10:55 PM
Post #5


AF Supreme
Group Icon

Group: AF Forum Police
Posts: 11,039
Joined: 2-November 03
From: Northern Virginia




My parents are super-Buddhist-religious.. and they completely despise Bua Phep. It's like a taboo in my extended family. Also my parents stereotyped Khmers and Laos people for using bua phep LOL.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
vi3tgrl408
post Oct 2 2005, 02:28 AM
Post #6


AF Addict
Group Icon

Group: Members
Posts: 945
Joined: 10-May 04




QUOTE (EMERALDRAGON7 @ Sep 30 2005, 07:16 AM)
Ban co tin ve bua phep khong a? Thuong thuong nguoi ta o VN sai bua nhu the nao? Toi chi la to mo thoi....truoc khi toi di VN se deo mot cai bua tai vi khong biet neu co bi chuyen gi hay khong.
*


Me cua ban tin bua phep tai vi ba da bi bo phep hoi luc di hoc o viet nam va bi lay het nu trang di.
QUOTE (supernovasp @ Oct 1 2005, 10:55 PM)
My parents are super-Buddhist-religious.. and they completely despise Bua Phep. It's like a taboo in my extended family. Also my parents stereotyped Khmers and Laos people for using bua phep LOL.
*

same here..my parents say camobidan and thai are known for their bua phep.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Happy Asian
post Oct 2 2005, 04:45 AM
Post #7


AF Supreme
Group Icon

Group: Members
Posts: 12,713
Joined: 14-July 05




^ Seriously? my dad always said stuff about Cambodian and "bua phep" too, whenever we have discussion about Cambodians, the word "bua phep" comes up. In fact, my great grandpa who is Cambodian, practised it.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
PhoShizzle
post Oct 2 2005, 05:12 AM
Post #8


AF Pro
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Posts: 2,328
Joined: 30-September 05




lol if it really work, i think those mien pplz would use it on us alaready since they hate us so much.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Happy Asian
post Oct 2 2005, 07:57 AM
Post #9


AF Supreme
Group Icon

Group: Members
Posts: 12,713
Joined: 14-July 05




^You've got a point there.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
PhoShizzle
post Oct 2 2005, 11:55 AM
Post #10


AF Pro
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Posts: 2,328
Joined: 30-September 05




^thanks god voodoo dont exist hahahaha..they are known for that too!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
EMERALDRAGON7
post Oct 2 2005, 10:44 PM
Post #11


AF Geek
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Posts: 180
Joined: 25-July 04




[/quote]
same here..my parents say camobidan and thai are known for their bua phep.
*

[/quote]

The Cambodians are not that strong, actually the Cham people in their country and Vietnam are even more feared by them.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Sideley
post Oct 3 2005, 04:42 PM
Post #12


AF Pro
Group Icon

Group: Members
Posts: 1,164
Joined: 15-November 04
From: Suisse-Svizzera-Schweiz




QUOTE (EMERALDRAGON7 @ Oct 2 2005, 06:43 AM)
QUOTE (chanoi @ Sep 30 2005, 08:43 AM)
QUOTE (EMERALDRAGON7 @ Sep 30 2005, 07:16 AM)
Ban co tin ve bua phep khong a? Thuong thuong nguoi ta o VN sai bua nhu the nao? Toi chi la to mo thoi....truoc khi toi di VN se deo mot cai bua tai vi khong biet neu co bi chuyen gi hay khong.
*


http://www.langtieu.com/bua_ngai_o_san_jose.htm


NOt only people in Vietnam do that, but Viet in U.S.A also practice in this kind of superstition. I hear of (bu`a ye^u) before, it suppose to make a person fall maddly in love with you. anyway, i believe that this stuff is 97% full of bullsh!t, while the other 3% is inexplicable even to science today
*



I agree with you now, the other 3% that is unexplainable could be from the persons mind after all. Even the modern man has to rely on that stuff sometime. Bua yeu ha? Toi nghe nnguoi ta noi la nguoi Cham lam "bua yeu" rat la manh. But then again seeing is believing. cool30.gif
*



Ngu*o* chm lm ba yu ma.nh đến nỗi bị Đại Việt chiếm hết đất sure.gif I'm don't believe in it but again, I wish to know more about these traditional supertitions , how Chm ba differ from sino-vietnamese ones ?
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
moj0e
post Oct 3 2005, 04:45 PM
Post #13


AF Addict
Group Icon

Group: Members
Posts: 898
Joined: 25-February 05




i dont believe this $hit, to me its all bs. if someone came up to me made me fall asleep took all my stuff...... nahhh tahts too unreal, id prolly smack the person if they came up to me and try to perform sum of this bua phep...lol
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
c1kNU
post Oct 5 2005, 10:57 PM
Post #14


AF Fan
Group Icon

Group: Members
Posts: 59
Joined: 5-October 05
From: where d chickNs cockadoo




It's up to you whether to believe in this or not but i've seen it happen before. My cousin was under the "love" spell. Some Ba$7ard she rejected went back to vietnam and payed a bua master, apparently a ghost follow's her around. She's sick 24/7 and the only way she feels better is when she see's him. At times she finds herself standing outside his house just sitting in her car.. just to feel.. "normal"...
So some of you might think its a mental thing? maybe but she's seen people and all given her negative results.. Even been through dozens of doctor's.. all they do is subscribe her with "flu" pills..
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

 



Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th December 2014 - 01:27 PM