AsiaFinest Forum
Ad: 123Designing.com

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

18 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Malaysia Football/Soccer, When we gonna win world cup?
yana19384
post Oct 20 2005, 07:57 AM
Post #41

AF Pro
Group Icon

Group: Members

^^True true
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JinFX
post Oct 20 2005, 09:45 PM
Post #42

Group Icon

QUOTE (Iron Malayan @ Oct 6 2005, 02:29 AM)
Malaysia keep hiring stupid national coaches and these coaches keep selecting mediocre players while overlooking the excellent ones.

It't not the coaches problem, it's the players attitude thats the problem thumbsdown.gif , if the players keep on having the attitude of being 'tidak apa' style, i don't think for the next 20yrs Malaysia is gonna gain entry point to FIFA, not to say World Cup lol biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
yana19384
post Oct 21 2005, 12:01 AM
Post #43

AF Pro
Group Icon

i will buy you guys tickets for world cup final if malaysia is playing the finals embarassedlaugh.gif

+Quote Post
Iron Malayan
post Oct 21 2005, 11:27 AM
Post #44

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (JinFX @ Oct 20 2005, 09:45 PM)
QUOTE (Iron Malayan @ Oct 6 2005, 02:29 AM)
Malaysia keep hiring stupid national coaches and these coaches keep selecting mediocre players while overlooking the excellent ones.

It't not the coaches problem, it's the players attitude thats the problem thumbsdown.gif , if the players keep on having the attitude of being 'tidak apa' style, i don't think for the next 20yrs Malaysia is gonna gain entry point to FIFA, not to say World Cup lol biggrin.gif

Its the manager's/coach's responsibility to make sure lousy players are not selected.

+Quote Post
yana19384
post Oct 21 2005, 11:47 PM
Post #45

AF Pro
Group Icon

i hope i wont be having osteoporosis when malaysia finally find a way to be better in soccer like we used to embarassedlaugh.gif

+Quote Post
malaccan
post Nov 5 2005, 07:51 PM
Post #46

AF Guru
Group Icon

Saturday November 5, 2005
FAM consider Malaysia Cup invite for Singapore

IPOH: The FA of Malaysia are proposing to invite Singapore for next year’s Malaysia Cup competition.

FAM vice president Datuk Raja Ahmad Zainuddin Raja Omar said the proposal would be discussed at the FAM Council meeting to seek the views of all the states.

Singapore won the Malaysia Cup 24 times, the last in 1994 before pulling out of the M-League.

On another matter, Raja Ahmad Zainuddin said Indonesia have proposed an annual competition with Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam starting in January.

“The proposal will be presented to the football associations of the four countries,” he said. – Bernama

END
Do you guys think this is a good idea? If I recall correctly, only Selangor won the Malaysia Cup more often than Singapore. Nothing rallies the crowd better than a match against Singapore, likewise whenever I went to Kallang Stadium in Singapore, the crowd really went all out when it was against a Malaysian side, ie almost always! embarassedlaugh.gif2
And soon, a proper ASEAN Cup? icon_wink.gif

+Quote Post
caramel
post Nov 5 2005, 07:57 PM
Post #47

AF Pro
Group Icon

I agree it's a good idea. M'sians have been fighting M'sians for too long and they are losing their fighting spirit. Probably they should invite the other countries' players so that their competitiveness would increase. M'sian footballers have been slacking for far too long.

OT: I remember when I was young I use to support the S'gor team. love2.gif Back then, most people loved M'sian soccer. There was once, when my cousins and I were in the car.. and one of the S'gor match just ended. We saw a lot of motorcyclist carrying the S'gor flag.. we opened the window and screamed.. "Siapa Menang?!" Then this Malay guy from the backseat of the motorcycle carried the Selangor Flag and said.. KITA MENANG! I was so proud. But those were the days.

+Quote Post
rx7boy
post Nov 5 2005, 08:05 PM
Post #48

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE (malaccan @ Nov 5 2005, 07:51 PM)

IPOH: The FA of Malaysia are proposing to invite Singapore for next year’s Malaysia Cup competition.

FAM vice president Datuk Raja Ahmad Zainuddin Raja Omar said the proposal would be discussed at the FAM Council meeting to seek the views of all the states.

Singapore won the Malaysia Cup 24 times, the last in 1994 before pulling out of the M-League.

On another matter, Raja Ahmad Zainuddin said Indonesia have proposed an annual competition with Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam starting in January.

“The proposal will be presented to the football associations of the four countries,” he said. – Bernama 

END
Do you guys think this is a good idea? If I recall correctly, only Selangor won the Malaysia Cup more often than Singapore. Nothing rallies the crowd better than a match against Singapore, likewise whenever I went to Kallang Stadium in Singapore, the crowd really went all out when it was against a Malaysian side, ie almost always!  embarassedlaugh.gif2
And soon, a proper ASEAN Cup? icon_wink.gif

I agreee with that.. and not only SEA... our team should have more friendship match with Korea,Japan,African team and the mighty South American Team.

+Quote Post
malaccan
post Nov 5 2005, 08:05 PM
Post #49

AF Guru
Group Icon

^Oh, so caramel sokong Selangor ya! sure.gif LOL. Me, I'm a KL supporter. My time was when Fandi Ahmad played for us, and he's Singaporean! But actually, I also tumpang proud when Selangor wins, neighbour mah! embarassedlaugh.gif2

+Quote Post
caramel
post Nov 5 2005, 08:07 PM
Post #50

AF Pro
Group Icon

LOL. Well, S'gor is my Kampung.. where I am brought up.. and where I love grewing up in.

+Quote Post
zizou
post Nov 5 2005, 09:57 PM
Post #51

AF Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE (caramel @ Nov 6 2005, 08:57 AM)
OT: I remember when I was young I use to support the S'gor team. love2.gif Back then, most people loved M'sian soccer. There was once, when my cousins and I were in the car.. and one of the S'gor match just ended. We saw a lot of motorcyclist carrying the S'gor flag.. we opened the window and screamed.. "Siapa Menang?!" Then this Malay guy from the backseat of the motorcycle carried the Selangor Flag and said.. KITA MENANG! I was so proud. But those were the days.

i used to enjoy the malaysian league a few years back, like 10-12 years back
selangor kicked @$$!
back when they had alistair edwards (sp?) and azman adnan, those days were awesome ^^
used to go to the stadium a number of times too
but now, ive lost interest in it x_x

but that idea that they are proposing is a good thing i guess
hopefully, it can give our players more motivation to play better

+Quote Post
yana19384
post Nov 6 2005, 01:08 AM
Post #52

AF Pro
Group Icon

kuala lumpur team is the worst embarassedlaugh.gif

+Quote Post
malaccan
post Nov 6 2005, 09:55 PM
Post #53

AF Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE (yana19384 @ Nov 6 2005, 01:08 AM)
kuala lumpur team is the worst  embarassedlaugh.gif

Oi! madgo.gif

+Quote Post
samheisfl
post Nov 7 2005, 12:07 AM
Post #54

AF Pro
Group Icon

Hobin jang Hobin!!! biggthumpup.gif

+Quote Post
yana19384
post Nov 7 2005, 06:55 AM
Post #55

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (malaccan @ Nov 6 2005, 09:55 PM)
QUOTE (yana19384 @ Nov 6 2005, 01:08 AM)
kuala lumpur team is the worst  embarassedlaugh.gif

Oi! madgo.gif

sorry icon_sad.gif

i shud just shut my mouth from now on

+Quote Post
Iron Malayan
post Nov 7 2005, 02:42 PM
Post #56

AF Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (malaccan @ Nov 5 2005, 07:51 PM)

I don't think there is any reason for Singapore to accept such invitation. They already have their own national championship.

+Quote Post
samheisfl
post Nov 14 2005, 06:34 AM
Post #57

AF Pro
Group Icon

FOOTBALL: FAM'S grand vision
By Lazarus Rokk

Nov 10:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IT may be a little premature, but still a crucial element in modern day football is being put in place, as the highly-pressured FA of Malaysia sets out to re-market and re-position Malaysian football both on the international and domestic stage.
Drawing from the essence of a three-day Fifa COM-Unity seminar that began in Kuala Lumpur yesterday, Tengku Abdullah Sultan Ahmad Shah, the detracted deputy president of the FA of Malaysia, promised that a strong market culture will evolve within the premises of his financially-dependent State FAs, and clubs in the near future.

His job, and the task of the FAM and its affiliates will be from here on, to brand, market, and develop Malaysian football so that it can compete with the more popular English Premier League for the attention of Malaysian fans.

"The problem is that even though we have the product (football), the marketing culture and expertise is still not in place," Tengku Abdullah said after the official opening ceremony of the COM-Unity course which was opened by Asian Football Confederation (AFC) president Mohamed Hammam.

Against a backdrop of a structure that acutely lacks expertise in this department, Tengku Abdullah said that he is prepared to employ marketing outfits to help the cause.

"I believe it's time for State FAs and clubs to be financially independent and learn ways to entice the sponsors to come forward and support our game. Obviously first and foremost, we cannot be just sitting in the office and hope that things will move, so the course will be a good eye opener.

"FAM and Malaysian football are facing many daunting challenges of late, and it's time we look into this crucial aspect of the industry, if we are to market our football as a lucrative product to Malaysians and foreigners alike," said Tengku Abdullah.

Tengku Abdullah and his royal father Sultan Ahmad Shah, the president of the FAM, have been facing severe criticisms on the poor quality of the national team, and the status of the mediocre M-League that has been churning out equally mediocre players.

With the exception of Perak, Perlis, and Pahang who have been consistently able to command big turnouts, the remaining States in the Malaysian Super League and the Premier League have been playing to virtually empty stadiums.

"Hopefully, with strong marketing presence that will make our game more economically viable at all levels, State FAs will be in a better position to attract sponsors and income that will support development programmes."

With the inept State FAs unable to sever the proverbial umbilical cord from their parent body, little or none of the FAM subsidy which works out to a maximum of RM900,000 has been used for development.

For certain none of that money reaches the hundreds of district FAs - many of whom have been de-registered - for football activities at the grassroots.

"With a sound marketing plan and experts to make it work, I hope all those niggling problems will be solved, and football can thrive again at all levels," added Tengku Abdulah.

When asked why this seminar should be any different from the previous ones in that no one bothered about follow-through and implementation, Tengku Abdullah said that he would personally ensure that this time it would be different.

The second day of the course today will open with a workshop on communication which includes a workshop on media involvement.

Fifa's head of Course Programmes COM-Unity project Jurg Nepfer said the idea behind the three-day course was to improve understanding of the value of football.

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/Thu...cle/indexb_html

It doesn't convincing at all..!! May be they can try.. why not..

+Quote Post
samheisfl
post Nov 17 2005, 03:40 AM
Post #58

AF Pro
Group Icon

The playoff stage just finished last night..

Teams that qualify are

Australia
Czech Republic
Spain
Switzerland
Trinidad & Tobago

Even Trinidad & Tobago also qualified for the world cup... bawling.gif

+Quote Post
Iron Malayan
post Nov 19 2005, 02:55 PM
Post #59

AF Pro
Group Icon

Asia has too many lousy referees especially from poor countries.

If those corrupt match officials are put in charge of important qualifying matches between a poor country and a rich Asian country like Kuwait or Japan, the poor country is likely to get screwed.

+Quote Post
samheisfl
post Nov 23 2005, 01:51 AM
Post #60

AF Pro
Group Icon

Liga M: 10 pasukan rugi terkumpul RM9 juta
Oleh Ahmad Khawari Isa

SEBANYAK 10 persatuan bola sepak negeri terpaksa menelan hakikat perit betapa pencapaian kewangan sebaik berakhir musim Liga Malaysia 2005, Oktober lalu, mencatatkan defisit keseluruhan berjumlah RM9 juta.

Hanya Persatuan Bola Sepak Selangor (FAS), daripada 11 persatuan negeri yang ditemubual semalam, melaporkan lebihan pendapatan berjumlah hampir RM3 juta, hasil lonjakan kehadiran penyokong dan sumbangan penajaan yang begitu ketara.

Pencapaian memberangsangkan itu terhasil selepas Selangor berjaya mencipta sejarah apabila memenangi tiga gelaran – Liga Perdana, Piala FA dan Piala Malaysia - dalam tempoh musim Liga Malaysia 2005.

Selangor dilaporkan mencatat jumlah kutipan jualan tiket sebanyak hampir RM3.5 juta selain menikmati sumbangan penajaan berjumlah RM5 juta daripada beberapa penaja pasukan berkenaan.

Gambaran kurang meyakinkan itu terhasil daripada temubual dengan pemimpin kanan 11 persatuan negeri berkenaan. Pegawai Persatuan Bola Sepak Pahang, Negeri Sembilan dan Johor bagaimanapun enggan mengulas ketika dihubungi, semalam.

Daripada 10 persatuan negeri, Sabah mencatat defisit terbesar, mencecah angka hampir RM2 juta - dikaitkan dengan faktor prestasi kurang baik pasukan negeri itu yang berakhir dengan penurunan daripada Liga Super ke Liga Perdana untuk musim depan.

Turut mencatat defisit pada angka RM1 juta dan lebih ialah Perlis, Kuala Lumpur, dan Sarawak. Kedah, Perak, Melaka, Kelantan dan Terengganu mencatat defisit melebihi RM500,000 manakala Pulau Pinang menganggarkan kekurangan biaya sebanyak RM300,000.

Jalan terakhir dimiliki kini ialah untuk semua persatuan itu meneruskan usaha mendapatkan penajaan bagi menampung kekurangan yang dialami pada musim lalu, termasuk memohon bantuan kerajaan negeri ataupun memikat penaja-penaja tambahan.

http://www.bharian.com.my/m/BHarian/Tuesda...080926/Article/

Hmmm.. I'm not surprised

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st October 2014 - 04:11 AM