Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Beijing-tokyo Axis
直隸總督
post Mar 13 2004, 09:11 PM
Post #1

AF Elite
Group Icon

Group: Banned

"For world peace to be achieved, East Asia will take the lead." - Du HongYi, 2004.
East Asia is one of the world's fastest growing and most developed regions, however, it's also one of the biggest "potential" powder kegs. In order to prevent furthur violent conflicts in Asia, it's essential to create our own peace-keeping body like NATO in Europe. To make this mechanism legit and influencial, two major Asian powers must be included, and most important of all, they must learn how to work with each other. These two nations are China and Japan. The relationship between the dragon and the tiger is very interesting and dramatic. Japan is one of China's biggest trading partners, and China is Japan's biggest market. Both sides share similar values, languages, cultures...etc. But if you think they're close as husband and wife, you are wrong. The animosity lie between China and Japan is one major factor that makes East Asia unstable. Why hate each other you might wonder? I can tell you, events during World War II were sad and disturbing, but they're certainly not why Chinese don't feel friendly toward their neighbor. It is the Japanese extreme right-wingers' cover-up of Japan's warcrimes that makes Chinese sick. I, as a Chinese, believe Japanese people are too, victims of the government propaganda. Comparing with the entire Japanese population, extreme right-wing is considered a minority. However, it is this minority that somehow gets its way to keep haunting the great Japanese people, and instigating hatred between Japanese and Chinese.
History can be a painful memory for both peoples, but once we know how to face it and solve it, benefits will be brought down to both countries. And by that time, an efficient and influencial East Asian peacekeeping mechanism can be achieved ( now i'm finally getting to the topic). By establishing the Beijing-Tokyo axis, not only Chinese, but Japanese will also be able to take advantages of it. First, Japan no longer has to worry about an 'aggressive' China. These two most well-developed countries do not have to worry about having to compete with each other in a negative sense ( i.e. arm race...etc.). They don't need to be concerned about getting backstabbed. Moreover, China and Japan can generously provide each other certain helps ( technological, financial, diplomatic...). In addition, North Korea will be merely a piece of you-know-what when China and Japan work together and put pressure on Kim. The Beijing-Tokyo Axis will certainly eliminate the paranoia of "China and NK" threat to Japan, the presence of USA troops in Japan and SK proves to be useless. Japanese people can ask USA troops to leave without worrying anything, thus reduce the American political/economic influence in Asia. From a diplomatic point of view, China is a permanent member of UN security council, Japan is a worldwidely recognized power. Together they can have more say in international affairs and make the highest profit possible to both countries. Considering the success of ethnic Chinese throughout South East Asia ,China's rising economy, and the good relationship between China and ASEAN ( from which China can easily acquire natural resources for industrial use), the 21st century trend will be more "pro-China". Japan will definately be benefited by working together with this massive partner.

- just my opinion. Don't need to take me seriously.

This post has been edited by 直隸總督: Mar 14 2004, 02:29 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
huaren
post Mar 15 2004, 04:10 PM
Post #2

AF Pro
Group Icon

Group: Members

I think this bow is justified. Why not? I would bow to a Spanish ambassador, who would be white, if his nation just suffered a great loss from terrorists. Wouldn't you?

As for saying sorry to 1.3 billion Chinese. The two situations are completely different. How can you compare them? The Chinese/Japanese issue is "personal" if you will, involved Chinese and Japanese directly. The bombings in Spain had nothing to do with Spanish/Japanese.

I don't think you ever understand. If you are a chinese. Please don't call yourself as a chinese. Go become a japanese. Japanese kill how many chinese? Let me ask you? Are you crazy of Japanese culture? Than go create yourself your own japanese name like "Doshimama" or what so ever.

Japanese done heavy dammage to Chinese as well too many chinese has tortured dead. And they never apologize. Why this is completely diffrent? Why don't ever you think more? sure.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- 直隸總督   Beijing-tokyo Axis   Mar 13 2004, 09:11 PM
- - DAI_VIET   Hmmm... great topic 直隸總...   Mar 13 2004, 10:11 PM
- - Ogumo   I like your post. Very much so. Perhaps we will se...   Mar 13 2004, 10:17 PM
- - 直隸總督   QUOTE (DAI_VIET @ Mar 13 2004, 11:11 PM)Hmmm....   Mar 13 2004, 10:25 PM
- - chynagongju   I am all for this idea. An Asian axis, especially ...   Mar 13 2004, 10:54 PM
- - 直隸總督   This is an unreachable dream, but also a handy rea...   Mar 13 2004, 10:59 PM
- - AtlantisStar   More friends the merrier. Sing tralalalala!...   Mar 13 2004, 11:36 PM
- - 直隸總督   QUOTE (AtlantisStar @ Mar 14 2004, 12:36 AM)M...   Mar 13 2004, 11:37 PM
- - huaren   Japan is too arrogant. This will never happen. Ins...   Mar 13 2004, 11:41 PM
- - AtlantisStar   That's a stupid thought. If revenge is cast it...   Mar 13 2004, 11:51 PM
- - Ogumo   QUOTE (huaren @ Mar 14 2004, 12:41 AM)Japan i...   Mar 14 2004, 12:09 AM
- - 直隸總督   Have our Japanese friends here come up with opinio...   Mar 14 2004, 12:16 AM
- - AtlantisStar   Well if this stupid revenge thing happens, lets ho...   Mar 14 2004, 12:21 AM
- - Ogumo   Well it would definatly be difficult as we have sa...   Mar 14 2004, 12:36 AM
- - AtlantisStar   such different economy. in china GNP is around 3,2...   Mar 14 2004, 12:39 AM
- - Ogumo   Perhaps. But china economy will surpass japanese e...   Mar 14 2004, 12:44 AM
- - AtlantisStar   I don't think decade, maybe a few more decades...   Mar 14 2004, 12:47 AM
- - Ogumo   The chinese gnp was growing at a "alarming...   Mar 14 2004, 12:55 AM
- - 直隸總督   QUOTE 1. Relations on both will have to improve. E...   Mar 14 2004, 01:30 AM
- - AtlantisStar   QUOTE (Ogumo @ Mar 14 2004, 01:55 AM)The chin...   Mar 14 2004, 11:51 AM
- - 直隸總督   RE: Beijing-tokyo Axis   Mar 14 2004, 12:10 PM
- - 直隸總督   QUOTE Japan's Prime Minister Juniciro Koizumi ...   Mar 15 2004, 01:04 AM
- - chynagongju   I think this bow is justified. Why not? I would bo...   Mar 15 2004, 03:42 PM
- - huaren   QUOTE I think this bow is justified. Why not? I wo...   Mar 15 2004, 04:10 PM
- - Ogumo   直隸總督: I am sure if te...   Mar 15 2004, 04:30 PM
- - YManchun   QUOTE (huaren @ Mar 15 2004, 05:10 PM)QUOTE I...   Mar 15 2004, 04:36 PM
- - DaMo   QUOTE (huaren @ Mar 15 2004, 04:10 PM)I don...   Mar 15 2004, 04:49 PM
- - huaren   QUOTE It is you who needs to "think more...   Mar 15 2004, 04:56 PM
- - 直隸總督   QUOTE (Ogumo @ Mar 15 2004, 05:30 PM)...   Mar 15 2004, 04:57 PM
- - Kulong   A Beijing-Tokyo Axis should be created even if jus...   Mar 19 2004, 04:28 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 09:16 PM